Ravaonna- A Legolas Love Story

By Kt_love

To anyone, it might look like their world was falling apart. For Reinya and Gorell, it is. Legolas has been c... More

Ravaonna- A Legolas Love Story
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author's Note :(
Chapter 21
Recap
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
One More Book :) :)

Chapter 2

3.3K 109 22
By Kt_love

My plan is to try and keep a steady rhythm of posting a chapter every Friday (I will try) But I thought I would give everyone an early update because it is New Years Day!!!! Happy 2014 every one :)  

Chapter 2 (Reinya's POV)

“You can’t just cry all day.” Gorell stated in an overly cold voice I was sadly growing accustomed to these last few days.

“I can try,” I retorted bitterly, staring out the window blindly. I hadn’t moved from the chair I was sitting on since alcohol had been removed from my diet.

Many people had fared better than myself when they found out that Princess Elemmire had been killed. Many grieved, and then moved on, usually to helping Lady Galadriel prepare the funeral for her dead daughter, saying it comforted them, knowing they helped create a funeral as beautiful as she was, to help send her to the afterlife. I would have found no such comfort.

“I am thinking of leaving to Mirkwood tomorrow.” Gorell announced.

“Have a safe trip,” I said, calling his bluff. Elemmire’s funeral was three days away, he would not return to Mirkwood until it had been commenced. Elemmire was his friend too.

“Reinya, come to your senses! There are bigger things at work in this world then departed souls! More is to worry about than the loss of your friend! There will come a day when more of your friends will die, and what will come of you when that pass?” Gorell exploded, slamming his fist on the table in front of me.

"You must be feeling some remorse for your brother! He was captured by the witch and you want to go back to Mirkwood?" I turned my face away from him, I knew it was the wrong thing to say he was only trying to do what was right for others. Then in a much calmer voice, I spoke, “I no longer hold a place in my heart for my friends. If they die, they are already long dead to my heart, and I shall not shed a tear at their departure.”

“Does that include me?” Gorell asked weakly, his fists tightening. Against my will, tears prickled at my eyes.

“I don’t know yet.” I told him, emotion washing through my tone. My first honest words in days.

We embraced, and I cried loudly on his shoulder. “I don’t want to lose anyone anymore.” I told him quietly.

“Nor do I.” He responded.

~~

I was shook awake by Gorell, and by the position of the moon, I could tell it was far into the night. “What is it?” I asked grouchily, annoyed I had been woken up so early, my eyes still tired and dry in all the crying I had been doing.

“Something is happening.” He told me in a slightly worried tone.

I rolled my eyes. “Something is always happening. What makes this event any different?” I told him, rolling out of the chair.

“The volcanoes...they’ve become active, even the ones we elves thought would move again. All of them.” Gorell rushed to inform me. “I am afraid that if they explode most of Middle Earth will be destroyed. And Mount Doom has yet to explode, but it is making preparations, and we are afraid it’ll be the biggest one yet.”

“I had no idea.” I gasped, shocked into silence afterwards. Gorell took my shoulders and pulled me out of the room, and I felt suddenly out in the open, as if the loss of the presence of Elemmire… Elemmire’s corpse to be exact, was like losing body armor.

“You should have come to the council meetings, instead of locking yourself in Elemmire’s room.” Gorell responded, and I nodded. “But you can make up for it, there is one starting soon.”  

We left towards the council room, where the were elves waiting. “Thank you for all coming on such short notice,” Lady Galadriel spoke, her voice filling the room.

Gorell and I selected seats, and the rest of the elves sat down. “As you know, I have recently lost my daughter,” She announced, “And by her death, volcanoes have started to awake. I cannot ignore the thought that they might be connected.”

“Pretty bold statement,” One of the elves responded, “How could an elf’s death provoke the earth to explode?”

“I bid you reminder that she was connected to the Fire Flower which grew along the side of the fires of Mount Doom,” Lady Galadriel mentioned in a bitter tone. “It could be very plausible.”

“I can testify to that,” I announced, standing from my seat, “Lady Elemmire could stick herself into flames without injury, and if she had an injury at that time, she’d be healed by the flames.”

There was a surprised murmur awaken from the council, and someone spoke up. “How do you know this?”

I frowned. “I am Rein-Lady Reinya, and I saved her life when she had lost her memories, and have taken care of her since, until she recently had her memories return.” I told them.

I just recognized that Thranduil sitting across from us. “So Elemmire remembered everything?” He asked. Thranduil did not look to pleased, my guess it was because Gorell, Legolas, and myself chased after Elemmire without giving him any notice. Also during the time we ran away, Elemmire died and Legolas was sacrificed his life hoping that it would save Elemmire’s. There was no doubt, he really did not like me now.

“That is correct. Elemmire and your son, Legolas, had a moment before she fainted and when she awoke she only had her memories from when she was born until ten years ago when Haldir gave her the memory loss liquid.” I swallowed hard thinking how it was only a few days ago that it took place. I was so disappointed when Elemmire woke up with no memory of me, but I now would give it all up to have her alive.  

There was a silence around the crowd of elves, as if the death of Elemmire had sent them all into depressions. The wind had picked up, and a couple leaves were swirling in the middle of the courtyard. Quickly the wind picked up, swirling faster and faster until it felt like there was a tornado forming in the center of the courtyard. Then a light mist formed, and an apparition took it’s place in the middle of the room.

I gasped in shock when I saw it was Ravaonna. “Hello, elves. I come here before you to make an announcement,” She stated, smiling like she already had won whatever game she was playing, “And they will connect all the dots.”

I bit my lip to stop myself from screaming bloody murder at her. Never the less, I growled, “Go to hell.”

Ravaonna gave me the puppy dog eyes, and spoke in a very childish voice, "Now that was very mean, especially because you’re ever so loved Prince Legolas is my prisoner!"

Ravaonna turned then walked towards me, her expression less than impressed. “I thought I told you to go back to Mirkwood, Reinya.” She sneered at me, and her eyes flickered to Gorell, but continued her stroll past me and around the council room. “But you’re here, so we might as well continue with our business.”

I bristled, and I thought about attempting to strangle her. “Yes, we are here in Lothlorien.” I told her, “You did kill Elemmire, and if I do remember correctly, you were the one who threw the fire flower into the river.”

A gasp of shock rustled through the crowd, and Lady Galadriel looked like she had been slapped. “Oh, right! The poor and pitiful, Lady Elemmire. I really enjoyed killing her, it the most fun I have had in a long time. She chuckled darkly, and my skin crawled. I wanted to kill her. I really wanted to kill her.

I bit the inside of my cheek, and tasted blood. “So, Ra...” I stopped in my tracks, avoiding her name, and she gave me a pleased look. Frustrated, I continued recklessly. Her name meant nothing, it was simply air forming words. It was only a word. “So, Ravaonna, what is your big announcement you had to interrupt an important meeting about?”

Ravaonna glared at me, but ignored it. “I’m getting there.” She said bitterly before standing up tall, and addressing all of us. “I am Ravaonna the Black, and I have the key that keeps Middle Earth safe. The volcanoes will only stop when the key is returned it’s full health, and none who hold it are smart enough-”

She sent a meaningful look at me.

“-to return it. I can heal Middle Earth, but only if I am named Queen of Middle Earth. I will continue to let the volcanoes be active, since I am safe where I am, but none of you are. For me to stop the volcanoes, I will ask you to hand Princess Elemmire’s corpse over to me, along with the stem of the dead Fire Flower.” Again, she turned her eyes to me.

“Never in a million years.” I told her, edging my chin upwards towards defiance.

“I’ll sweeten the deal, just because I am feeling nice today, just for you Reinya,” Ravaonna said in a tone that was as poisonous as it was sweet. “If you give me Elemmire and the dead Fire Flower, I will return Legolas to you, unharmed, untouched, the moment Elemmire is in my possession.”

I bit my lip and looked to Gorell. This was his brother we were bargaining for, but I wouldn’t give up my friend’s body, she is probably planning something sinister. Gorell spoke up, saving me. “In return for Legolas, we will give you the Fire Flower,” He said, “Nothing more. We keep Elemmire’s body.”

“Now, now, that just won’t do!” She exclaimed, shaking her head wildly, and laughed. “I need Elemmire’s body, the dead Fire Flower, and to be named the undying Queen of Middle Earth, capeesh?”

Gorell turned to Lady Galadriel. “This is your daughter, Lady Galadriel. What do you suggest we do?” He asked.

Ravaonna turned to Galadriel. “Yes, mother of Elemmire. What should we do?” She asked, showing her teeth.

Galadriel’s face reddened with rage. “You shall not touch my daughter.” She spat.

“So be it,” Ravaonna said, rolling her eyes. Her apparition started to fade away. “Enjoy your death and losses, as they won’t stop until the end.”

I snapped, and threw a rock at her head, just as she vanished, and the rock hit the wall behind her. Eyes strayed to me in shock, and I let out a cry of annoyance, “I’ll wring her neck one day, I promise it!” I yelled with tears stinging my eyes.

I turned out of the room, and Gorell came up behind me and caught my shoulder. “Are you alright?” He asked as we stopped walking by Elemmire’s tomb.

I shook my head. “I am going to the stables.” I told him, and reached into my tunic to pull out the withered Fire Flower stem. “I guess we won’t be needing this anymore.”

I tossed the stem in the flames by the door to the tomb, and turned away from them. “I’m going to go down to the stable.”

I left Gorell in silence, and when I got to stable, and Naertho was standing outside his stall idly. “Com’on, let’s get you in your stall,” I murmured, patting his flank. Then Naertho pinned his ears.

War between myself and the horse ensured.

So what do you think of chapter 2?!?!?! I also must thank Smaug37 and @mgirl37 for their supportive ideas. Thanks to the both of you :) I am definitely going to put your thoughts into the consideration of this book :)

The just of the chapter; Reinya is a mess without her friend, but she is going to have to learn to live without her :( Volcanoes are erupting (possibly because of Elemmire being dead) And Ravaonna makes an appearance and wants to be named "Queen of Middle-Earth"!!! OOOOOO!!!!! What do you think?!?!

Please Vote, Comment, Fan :) thanks a ton for all the support :)

Kt_love and YouCantHandle

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 303 15
After a failed spider mission, Legolas is left injured beyond what the Greenwood healers can help. Thranduil, worried for his son's Fea, sends him to...
39.3K 1K 44
Raised in Mordor, Ebony is cold and manipulative. Wanting to please her father, she spends her life trying to get the ring with her friend Khamul, th...
445K 14.1K 65
Being a king is hard. Raising a son is hard. Living with eternal grief is hard. King Thranduil is just trying to keep his kingdom running and his son...
131K 4K 39
-completed ; edited- -highest ranking #6 in Legolas- Y/n is from the kingdom of Rotml, a kingdom that was ruled well by her father. One day everythin...