Chapter 19

Chapter 19 (Elemmire’s POV)

I sat in the chair for what seemed like an hour before Ravaonna came waltzing back into the room. “So Elemmire, you ready to die?” A huge smile crossed her face.

“Make it fast,” I hated the fact that I had given up, but there was nothing left.

“This is no more fun!” Ravaonna exclaimed, “Well then maybe I will have to  bring in someone.” She drew out every last word making each one hit me like daggers. What is she planning?

Then all of a sudden two guards shoved Legolas into the room, and my heart dropped.

“Legolas is no longer important to me, so I thought you would want to watch his execution!” One of the Guards handed Ravaonna a sword, and she stood behind him with the blade at his throat.

“I don’t believe you, you are not going to kill him,” I shook my head in dismay. She couldn’t actually kill him, could she?

Ravaonna let out a small cackle before continuing, “Any last words, you’ve got ten seconds, 10...9… 8…”   

I did not want to believe her, but the look of worry in his eyes, and the sweat dripping down Legolas’s face made me think otherwise. She was actually going to do this.

“7...6…” Her countdown continued.

There was nothing I could do, but struggle against the chains I was tied to, and there was no way I was able to break free of these.

~~~(Reinya’s POV)

I squealed in delight as I looked over the edge and into the volcano. We finally found it! I wrapped my hands around Gorell neck out of excitement, the both of us were really starting to get tired of  searching for vulcano. And I would never admit this to Gorell, but he was right, the volcano was ground level, hidden inside a cave. Somewhere where most people won’t look.

“What do we do now?” I asked, “Where are we suppose to put the flower?” The question must have sounded really stupid, but the whole trip we were worried about getting to the volcano, never actually thinking about what to do when we found it.   

“I think we should just drop the flower into the lava,” Gorell suggested, “It should not hurt the flower, and then this way no one else can manipulate it to their will.”

“I guess,” my voice was slightly weary. I was unsure of whether this would work, or kill Elemmire in the process.

Gorell then carefully pulled the Fire Flower out of his pocket, “Though I will only do it if you feel one hundred percent positive with this decision.”

I stood there for a couple of seconds thinking of our best decision. Dropping the flower into the lava could not hurt right? If anything the flower should fluris, right? “Alright,” I sighed, “We should drop it in.”

He held the flower over the volcano, and I could tell Gorell was counting down until he dropped the flower. 4… 3… 2… and on 1 Gorell released his fingers from around the flower and let if fall towards the hot lava.

~~~(Elemmire’s POV)

I was frightened, Ravaonna was really going to kill Legolas this time, and her countdown is now at 5… 4…

I struggled against the chains with all my might, I was not going to lose Legolas. He meant everything to me, and he did not deserve to end this way. It was my fault that he was in this predicament anyways.

I-I should be in his place.

Then the tears started rolling down my cheek. Never before had I been so frightened. Even after everything else I have witnessed, this was still much worse.