Chapter 7

Chapter 7 (Elemmire's POV)

Reinya’s humming, though occasionally nice, it can be really annoying. “Please stop with that annoying humming!” I yelled, stepping away from Naertho’s side.

“I’m not!” She sang back. “I’m just super excited, I am finally going on an adventure again!”

I smiled at my friend, I couldn’t deny that it would be nice to adventure out of the borders of Lothlorien for a while. “I am guessing that you are ready to leave then?” I asked almost jokingly, of course Reinya would already be packed, she has been counting down the minutes, even the seconds.

“I could leave right now if I had too,” Reinya said.

“You mean, if we let you,” I pointed out, giving her a knowing look, which she smiled at.

“Ah, you ruin my fun.” Reinya laughed, petting her horse on the snout. “Can we go now, or are we going to wait a little longer.”

For a moment, I thought I heard a slight whine in her tone, but it passed as quickly as I came. “As soon as Legolas and Gorell get here and we are ready to go.” I announced carefully.

Reinya groaned, “They are going to take so long, I’ll die before they get down here!” She exclaimed dramatically, falling into a wall to make the scene more dramatic.

“Don’t be so melodramatic.” I scolded. Reinya was really grating on my nerves. I finally understood why; She can’t be civil unless she is outside, or has killed something in the past week.

“Can we go bug them to get a move on? I am really anxious, I need to go, now.” Reinya complained.

“Sit tight, alright? I’ll go find them and move them along, okay?” I asked, trying to make sure she didn’t follow me. She nodded vigorously.

“Don’t give them an option. Move along, or get left behind!”

I rolled my eyes. “I wouldn’t leave Legolas behind. And Gorell would catch up with us, easily.” I told Reinya, who huffed indignantly.

“I’ll tack up Naertho for you, go.” Reinya demanded, shaking a hand at me. “Go fetch Legolas and Gorell for our adventure.”

“Alright, Alright, I’m going,” I left Reinya to go find Legolas and Gorell, wherever they might be, but just before I was out of earshot I heard Reinya yelling at my horse.

“Come here Naertho,” Reinya tried to coax my horse to come closer to her, she even was offering him a carrot. But to her dismay he through his head up around in the air. “Stupid horse! Come here!” she commanded once again. “We are going to leave on time, no matter what I have to do to finish tacking you up.”

This is not going to end well, I though.

~~~

    I had found Legolas packing up the last of his things in his room. “You ready to leave?” I asked looking out his window that faced the Lothlorien stables.

    “Only if you are,” he stood beside me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“What do you think of having children?” I was curious to hear his response.  

“As long as I have you I am happy,” He stated, and then we linked fingers. He smiled and pecked my cheek.

“But really, would you want children?” I asked a little more seriously this time.

“I have always wanted a boy so I could teach him how to hunt, but first I want to do some traveling,” he spoke softly, and I rested the back of my head on his chest.