Chapter 17

Chapter 17 (Legolas POV)

When Elemmire was telling me to stay strong I had no idea what she meant. Now I do. Elemmire poisoned herself, and my guess was that it was against her will, and why she came here to do it. I have no idea. Now all I can do is watch her helplessly struggle against whatever is flowing through her body.

It ripped my heart in half, because I knew there was nothing I could do to help her. With strong attempts, I tried my best to comfort her, but it was hard when she was shaking violently.

“Elemmire, please come back to me,” My voice was deeply saddened.

My eyes were glued to her strained face until someone walked into the cell. “Stupid Elleth,” Ravaonna screeched, “She was suppose to give you the stupid poison.”  

“What did you give her?” I asked aggressively.

“Just a little nightmare poison I brewed up, and it seems to work.” Ravaonna was still mad, but I could see hints of happiness as she watched the helpless Elemmire. “Now, because she disobeyed me she will never get the remedy.”

Before I could protest, or even help Elemmire’s case, she threw the vial with the remedy against the wall where it shattered and spilled everywhere. There was no ridding the poison out of her now.

I felt tears stinging in the back of my eyes, she risked her life in attempts to save mine. And now she was paying the price. “Name the price, just please save her.”

“Never,” Ravaonna shook her head, “I am having too much fun watching her struggle. But maybe, when she’s close to death, I’ll save her for you...for a price, a price your precious little Elemmire won’t like. But I don’t think I will, I need Elemmire dead. I enjoy watching her suffer, and your almost as enjoyable. Pity I must kill you.”

“You sick little witch,” I spat back.

“She will awake soon, but the poison will never go away,” She let out one last cackle and left the cell, “I will be back in a couple of hours to retrieve her, but for now have some fun watching her squirm.

~~~ Elemmire’s POV

I was trapped in a dark, damp, foul smelling room. There was no way out, no doors and no windows. There was no light source in the room, but I could still see my hands if I held them in front of my face.

I tried to remember what was the last thing that happened, but my mind was clouded, almost as though I had been poisoned. Wait… poison, I felt like there was something important with that word. Though I could not remember what.

My thoughts were cut short when I noticed someone appear in o the room from nowhere. The figure wore a long black cloak with a hood that covered its face, so that I could not see who it was.  

The cloaked figure stood there for a minute before revealing it’s arm from under the material and holding it straight out. At first I was unsure of the gesture, then I felt something cold wrap around my throat and tighten up until I could no longer breath.

My arms flew up to my throat in attempts to get rid of the pressure. Though it was no use. I choked and attempted to gasp up any air possible, but if anything it made it worse. Then when I thought it could get no worse my whole body started to shake violently. I was not in control of anything I did which scared me the most.  

There was no way I could get out of this predicament, and I had no idea how I got in this position.

I guess it was from the lack of air, but it looked as though an allusion of Legolas sat slumped over in the corner of the room. Though he was not moving nor was he breathing, which meant one thing. He must be… dead.