Bound Together (editing)

By zjmfatty

Alexandria Simmons has never been noticed at her high school, Hartwell High. With only having two best friend... More

Bound Together
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Important Authors Note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
IMPORTANT INFORMATION MUST READ
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 - Epilogue
Spin Off Fun Facts & Last Authors Note
SPIN OFF & TRAILER
new beginnings and story

Chapter 3

9.5K 264 33
By zjmfatty

You know that feeling where you have to wake up for school, your alarm goes off, yet you stay in your bed with your eyes closed, just hoping that some miracle could happened that'll get the school day cancelled. But sadly that never happens. There's always that one person or thing that annoys you so much that you actually have to get out of bed.

And that person for me was, yeah you guessed it, my pain in the ass brother.

"Alex, Alex, Alex, Alex, Alex." Every time he spoke my name, he'd give me a slight nudge on my shoulder. Although I was fully awake, I just had to savor a few more moments of complete darkness. Although, I do thank the Lord for making the day Friday exist.

He huffed and probably ran a hand over his face due to his frustration, "Alexandria Elizabeth Simmons, get your ass out of bed right now or else I won't drive you to school and you'll have to walk five miles."

I sighed, getting up from my position on my messy bed. Cam was still in his pajamas, basketball shorts and unfortunately shirtless. I grimaced, "The first thing I don't want to see in the morning is my older brother shirtless, can you please cover up?"

He rolled his eyes, ruffling my hair at the top of my hair, "Get dressed Alex, we have fifteen minutes." He then walked out of my room, probably to get ready as well.

I quickly brushed my teeth, and brushed my hair. Okay, to be honest, I actually really cared about what my hair looked like at school. I'm not going to lie and say that I didn't care what people thought about me, especially when it came to how I looked. As long as my hair didn't look like a bird's nest, I was fine. 

Walking out of the bathroom, I hurriedly made a wardrobe change, throwing on jeans, a black sweater, and some old sneakers that used to be white but now resemble a soft of grey-ish color. 

I grabbed my bag, phone, and made sure to take my copy of "A Tale of Two Cities" then made my way down the stairs to see my parents eating breakfast on the kitchen table, whilst having their briefcases practically chained to their legs. Their jobs were their pride and joy, nothing got in the way between them. I'm surprised my mom and dad could even sleep in the same bed without needing any of their law firm paperwork next to them.

Cam was in the kitchen as well, but my parents were so oblivious to the fact that he was literally right behind them, making toast.

I stepped foot into the kitchen, hearing them mutter something amongst a "good morning." I came up next to Cam, he handed me a piece of buttered toast and grabbed onto my upper arm, leading both of us out of the silence infested room. We headed outside and made our way into his car.

I knew he was mad, more likely pissed. I knew the way Cam felt. See, the thing was that Cam used to be really close to our dad, even more than our mom. They went on trips together, saw movies together, had those father-to-son talks; they practically did everything together. But that was all when Cam was 8 and I was 7, ten years ago.

Then our parents got a big promotion in their law firm, they were the best lawyers in the state of California. We moved to a bigger house and our parents got caught up with their work. As little kids, Cam and I knew they had a lot of work to do, but what really made him snap was four years after our move. He was fed up with how dad kept ignoring us, so as an 12-year boy, Cam dragged me along with him to our parents' office. I could remember that moment like it was yesterday. Some pretty messed up things occurred on that day that I just could not forget.

 "Cam where are we going?" I whined as he dragged me by my wrists up the stairs. His face looked angry, I've never seen him like this before. For a little boy he always seemed so mad, not at me though. He looked like as if he was angry at everything else. He led me towards our parents' office, which we were forbidden to ever go into.

"What are you doing? Mom and Dad said we couldn't ever go into their office at all." I said.

But he completely ignored me and turned the knob of the door, stepping through it. I followed him in to see both of our parents look up from their computers on their desks. "Cameron, Alexandria what are you doing in here? What did we say about coming in this room? Get out." Our mother gestured for us to leave.

I sensed Cam tense up, he stood his ground though. Mom must have noticed that we hadn't moved from our spots in the middle of their office room.

She sighed and ran her hand through her hair, "Robert, please tell the children to leave, we have a lot of work to do."

The children. Not your children, not our children, but the children. It was as if they were forced into taking responsibility for two young kids they didn't want.

Dad looked directly at us, and said sternly, "Cameron, take your sister and leave this room. Your mother and I have a lot of work to do and we need to get this finished. We're doing this for the sake of this family, so please-"

Cam snapped, "What family Dad? The only family I have is Alex." He then turned to our mom and said, "I may only be 12, but I could definitely tell when two people who are suppose to take care of us aren't doing such a great job about it."

Our mother looked appalled, she stood up from her seat, "Cameron, you do not-"

"Why do you always have to sound so formal all the time? You're talking to two of your own children right now. You're not even a mom to either of us. Most kids' moms pack lunches for their children, they say goodnight to them, they drop off and pick them up from school." I wiped away a stray tear that came out of my eye, "Mom's say I love you to their children, unlike you who has never even said more than two sentences to either of us combined." I felt Cam lay a hand onto my shoulder, in hopes of comforting me. But that didn't help. All I needed was my mom, and she couldn't be there for me.

Cam then shook his head at our parents since they made no effort to reply to what I said. I turned around to leave the room since there wasn't anything else I could say to the two strangers who were in this office with us. I heard my brothers' footsteps coming closer behind me, except that the steps stopped.

"I really hate you guys." His voice rang throughout the room, sounding so serious and stern. And what shocked me the most is that I knew he really meant it.

"Hey are you listening to me?" Cameron asked, slightly gazing at me, quickly averting his eyes back on the road. We were about five minutes away from school.

"Yeah, sorry I kind have zoned out a bit." I muttered.

He smirked, "Yeah no kidding. Anyways I was talking about our arrangements for today."

I gave him a confused look, "What about today?"

"My game, duh it's already the middle of football season and you're still oblivious to the fact that I have games every Friday. Get out of that thick head of yours Alex." He knocked jokingly on my head.

I swatted his hand away from me and he parked into an empty space in the school parking lot. We hadn't even gotten out of the car yet, and a group of students had already come up to his car. Rolling my eyes, I stepped out, slinging my bag over my shoulder. He eased his way out of the drivers seat whilst trying to be polite to the group of people. A few of the girls in that group sent me death glares, probably jealous of the fact that I got to ride in the car with him, and live with him 24/7, but hey I'm his sister, can't blame my parents for having two children that happened to be extremely close.

I narrowed my eyes at them, and they looked embarrassed getting caught in their actions. "Hey ladies, yeah hi. I see your glares, no need to act all innocent in front of my brother. Just so you know, I'm his sister, not some overly obsessed girl who likes to follow him around. So drop the act and run along." I sent them a smile, which caused Cam to laugh.

"Seriously Alex, what has gotten into you? You're all confident and courageous now, are you rubbing off on me?" He smiled.

I returned the grin, "I have my moments Cam. But you know what they say, like brother like sister."

I walked towards the front of the school, spotting J.C who was probably waiting for Cam to escape his groupies. "Hey Simmons." He greeted me.

I nodded at him acknowledging his greeting.

Just then, I spotted Parker and Jayce by their lockers in the hallway. Jayce had his back to me, whilst Parker was facing me. As he saw me, a grin plastered itself onto his face. He pointed out to Jayce that I was coming their way because he turned around. But unlike having the same reaction as his friend, he slightly frowned. His eyes scanned around the hallway.

I finally reached them saying a simple, "Hey."

Parker said the same, although Jayce kept quiet. I turned towards him, while reaching into my leather brown messenger bag to grab the book he wanted to borrow. "Jayce, I have 'A Tale of Two Cities' here for you. I seriously can't believe that you haven't read this novel. It really delivers such a gratifying experience because there are, in fact, many characters that cover significant emotional ground in their journey to love one woman as best they can. I really think that you'll like-"

I was interrupted by an annoying voice, "What is she doing here?"

Yup, you guessed it, Quinn. Behind her were her friends, and Miles, who I hadn't noticed walked up next to Parker.

"I-I don't know she just came up to me. I mean I don't even talk to her, let alone know her name. She probably just got attached to me since I was over at Cam's house yesterday." Jayce said disgustingly.

"Can't stay away, huh? Why don't you go creep on some other football player?" Miles mocked. Yet Parker nor Jayce did anything about it.

I looked down at the book in my hands, and said, "I-I was just going to lend this to Jayce because he said he wanted to borrow it from me."

"And why exactly would he want to read crap like that?" Quinn asked, snatching the book from my hands. She skimmed through it before throwing it on the floor near another row of lockers across from us.

"Just leave alright? Just because your older brother saved you yesterday doesn't mean he'll do it all the time." She said rudely.

I glanced at Parker and Jayce for moment to see if they would do anything, but they avoided my eyes. I turned around to grab the now ruined book, but a pair of hands beat me to it. I looked up to see Colton, with Lillian by his side. He handed me the book and looked towards where Quinn and the rest of them were.

He had a look of disgust on his face, "Don't you guys have anything better to do than pick on Alex? What are you, 5 year olds?"

Miles scoffed, "Whatever man, you're probably just mad because you didn't make it on the football team, unlike Parker, Jayce and me."That had nothing to do with the conversation, but ok. 

"It's I." Lillian muttered, loud enough for them to hear.

Quinn looked dumbfounded, "Excuse me?"

"He said, Parker, Jayce, and me. The correct term would be Parker, Jayce, and I." She replied shyly.

"I'm sorry, who are you again?" Miles snapped.

Colton stepped in, blocking us from them, "Leave her out of it, and quit picking on Alex alright?"

As weird as it is to admit it, but Colton was really intimidating when he wanted to be. He was even more muscular than Miles and Parker, but slightly tied with Jayce.

"What makes you think that we'll listen to you?" Miles questioned, provoking him.

Before either one of way could respond, Cam and J.C practically appeared out of nowhere. They made Colton step back, and it seemed that our little outburst captivated the whole school's attention.

"What's going on here?" Cam asked, mostly towards Jayce, Miles, and Parker. J.C narrowed his eyes towards Quinn and her friends, more like followers.

"Nothing, we were just exchanging opinions on each other. Isn't that right?" Miles said, directing his eyes towards me. Quinn and the rest of them did the same, probably threatening me to say that he was right.

J.C looked at me sincerely, "Simmons, tell us what happened."

I couldn't say anything, because Cam did for me, "She's not going to tell the truth J.C."  He looked towards the group of misfits, "I'm not stupid." Quinn and her friends actually looked frightened. "I know that you guys wouldn't just have a normal conversation with my sister and her friends. I know that you guys think you're all high and mighty in the junior class, but don't think for one second that I can't make your status in this school go from the top, to the bottom. I could ruin you girls, I could get you off the cheerleading squad, and I could make your lives hell. And if you bother my sister and her friends again, say goodbye to your precious little reputations."

The three girls looked like they were scared for their lives, but Quinn quickly covered it up, "I'm not going to let you threaten me, even if you're a senior and captain of the football, I don't care. I'll do what I want, when I want." With that said, she made an exit through the hallway, with her two friends behind her.

Cam then averted his eyes towards the three football players, mostly towards Jayce and Parker, "And what exactly were the two of you doing when you let your dumbass friends tear my sister apart?"

Both of them looked towards me, then to the ground.

Cam scoffed, "Pick on my sister again Montgomery, and  I swear I'll beat you to a pulp." Miles swallowed and scurried off.

"And you two," Cam said to Jayce and Parker, "don't even think about coming back to my house. Protect your asses on the field, you're on your own." J.C pushed Cam back slightly before he did anything he would regret.

I felt someone tug on my upper arm; it was Colton, "Let's get to homeroom Alex." I looked at Jayce and Parker one last time. They looked ashamed. Jayce glanced up at me, with apologetic eyes; I snapped my eyes away from him and followed Lillian and Colton towards our homeroom.

I guess it was too good to be true. Jayce wasn't the kind of person to talk to me in public; I was no one to him at school.

Actually, no scratch that. I was "stalker girl" to him.

-

Authors Note:

Thank you so much to everyone who is reading this story! I really appreciate it! cx

Please comment some feedback so I could know what you all want to know or just to give me some ideas about this story, I'd really take it under consideration.

Please vote as well, it'll give me a lot of encouragement into writing the next chapter.

ON THE SIDE: Cameron Simmons played by Chace Crawford (again, the younger version of him is the ideal image for this character)

Other than that, thanks so much!

VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE 

Until next time,

-queenfreakco

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40K 1.7K 46
Joshua Taylor. Whenever people hear that name, they would shake with fear. Why? Because that name belongs to the school's bad boy. He was mysterious...
248K 7.4K 30
I WILL EDIT THIS WHEN THE BOOK IS DONE!!!! Hey, My names Summer, Summer styles. I live in Los Angeles with my brother. Yes my brother. My father...
3.6K 286 48
Alexandra Queen, she has never had a normal childhood. Her and her mother were abused by her father and his friend, John. Day in and day out. Their j...
115K 2.1K 37
"I hate you," I could taste my own lies. He stepped closer and whispered in my ear, "face it goodie, you can't stay away from me." He was right as...