Fallen Skies

By Zenaria

He was as insufferable as he was charming Viscous and unapologetic. He enticed me, his strength, his resilien... More

Fallen Skies - Live Like Legends
1. This is The Hunt
2. Raise the Dead
3. Kill of the Night
5. Where do we go from here
6. Hypnotic
7.Recover
8. soldier

4. Caught In a Bad Dream

202 10 2
By Zenaria

Bad Dream - Ruelle

~

'feels like i'm falling, into a world

I can't control

  I hear it calling, down in my soul

gripping my bones

it won't let go

~

I came to with a sharp breath and an awareness that I wasn't in my room, I sat up reaching for the stake in my boot, I came up empty handed and my heart hammered in my chest as the night before slammed into me.

"No need to be frightened love" A deep voice called from behind me and I froze, turning slowly to see light brown eyes trained on me, and a slight smirk on lips the shape of seduction "You however should warn me if you can keep our little secret" I slid along the bed away from him as he strode into the room.

I felt him even from across the room and I slapped myself for the not noticing it lastnight, the aura he gave off without a doubt spoke to power. I couldn't help but stare at him and marvel at a vampire that was competent and with a jolt I touched my neck feeling the smooth skin beneath my fingers.

His very existence went against everything i'd been taught, Vampires only had one thing on their mind and that was blood and a natural instinct to hide from the sun, but here a Vampire stood before me . . talking and hadn't even reach to tap into the jumping artery at my neck.

"Don't look so startled Love, Many of us are like this, however we aren't called vampires, we're nosferatu's"

"Succubus, dracula, vampire, parasites, nosferatu, you're all the same blood sucking demons" I all but roared, the thought of a vampire being able to formulate words beyond me.

"I staked you, you should be dead!" He had the audacity to laugh "Oh love, you have much to learn, your flimsy stake can't kill me" I gaped at him open mouthed, everything i'd learned turning into rubbish before my very eyes.

you've been lied to your entire life

I couldn't call him a liar, he had shown me the truth, those unmistakable fangs, I glared at him "What is it that you want?" I questioned, trying my hardest not to let my voice falter. He leaned against the wall with his arms folded, eyeing me up and down.

"The last time I told you something you didn't like you shoved a stake in my heart" he countered, those eyes dancing with mischief and my glare intensified "But here you are walking and talking so I highly doubt you suffered much" I shot back and his lips twitched.

"Fair enough" he shrugged pushing himself from the wall to stride towards the bed, I backed up against the bedpost as he loomed over me "I want to forge an alliance" he declared with utmost seriousness.

"You're kidding me right?" I muttered

He smiled, a very cruel smile that made my heart stop "Better hope not Love, because your life depends on this alliance"

He seemed to realize his statement got my full attention because he nodded "Why me?"

he tsked, walking from the bed and to the door he came through "That's something i'd tell you" he told me with a grin "If I trusted you"

When he disappeared into the hall I jumped to my feet following him, it was still dark out and I watched the sensual way he walked that made the muscles in his back ripple, I shook my head looking around.

The house was surprisingly not scanty but was in desperate need of a wipe down, cobwebs hung from the silverware ontop of whatnots and I wondered how long the house went without being occupied.

he stopped at a door "You haven't answered my question" he startled me from my thoughts and I looked up to see his eyes on me expectantly.

"You haven't even told me what it's about"

he seemed to consider it for a moment, his strong sharp jaw line jerking with each clench of his teeth "I'm trying to put an end to this mess and find the culprits who began it, being where I was for forty nine years kind of opened my appetite to a barrage of tricks i'd like to try, like see how long it takes for certain organs to grow back after I rip them out"

his voice was laced with fake lightness, but from the darkness in his eyes I knew he meant every word and a shiver ran along my back.

"i'm sure this interests you"

it did, but I wasn't about to acknowledge that, not to a vampire, he must've noticed the defiance on my face because he smirked, his eyes glistening with amusement.

"I'd rather die than work with one of the monsters that tore this world apart"

he shook his head "be careful what you wish for" he wagged his finger in a taunt and I swallowed "but, if you must know, joining forces with me will eventually lead us to the very monsters you speak of"

I snorted "i'm staring at one" he had the audacity to look wounded "do I look like a hunger crazed mindless vampire to you"

I took a deep breath ripping my palm across the sharp end of a miniature statue on a small cabinet "Only one way to find out" I whispered ignoring the jab of pain and tightening my hand around the statue.

He inhaled sharply and my heart raced, no vampire could control its hunger around blood, even this one, I didn't want to admit that I was still clinging to all i'd been taught about vampires, so much so that i'd even risk my life to know. I was pathetic and I knew it.

"Stubborn woman" he hissed, just as he slammed into me, knocking the statue from me and holding my bleeding hand in a steel like grip, I began wrestling him relentlessly when he brought his own hand to his canine to create a small cut.

Red crimson peeked from the scar and my heart stilled even as I kicked and layered fist on him wildly.

vampire blood brings death

and even as my own declaration of death before working with a vampire resounded through my mind I still didn't want to go like this, like this pathetic stupid woman who couldn't even believe the truth when it stood right before her eyes.

he placed the wounded finger with his blood along my palm and I stilled, feeling a light tingle and then the pain stopped and I stared in complete and utter shock as the wound sealed itself, turning into a faint pink scar with only the trails of blood as a tell tale sign that I had in fact harmed myself.

"What other lies have they been feeding me" I whispered. he released my arm and I gazed at him "They didn't lie, in a way" he mused for a moment " A wooden stake to the heart does kill the bloodthirsty and their blood does only deliver death to any human that ingests it. Like I said, i'm not a vampire, I was born this way, vampires are made. Humans however don't know the difference"

it was on the tip of my tongue to tell him that they were all the same but I hesitated, staring at my now sealed skin "You're dead" I tried after a moment, he couldn't have been born, not in the starting off as a sperm meeting an egg theory, he was dead and so were his reproductive organs.

he chuckled staring at me "I guess I should be, if only your people had told you a way to kill me, that's the thing " He seemed to stare into space for a moment "I trust too easily" I felt a pang of guilt for a fleeting second for driving a stake in his heart but I quickly shook my head.

"So, will you help me or not" his head snapped towards me and I bit my lip "why should I help the man that threatened my life" He chuckled, bending so we'd finally be eye to eye, his golden ones shone with mirth

"Why should I trust the woman that drove a stake into my heart"

touche

"Why me?" I asked again

"Because you're human, I suspect the person behind this is a Nosferatu, it would explain why they kept the way to kill them and the power of their blood a secret. If it is Nosferatu he'd notice me snooping about, but a human, a slayer at that will be no cause for alarm"

"You want me to get information that you can't obtain yourself?" I whispered

"More than that love, I want you to be my partner"

visual Rep of Ross, Will Demps

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 128 17
I was always told to fight, to never give up my dominance. But I did. I submitted to him. I did it because I wanted to feel loved, and to feel him to...
10.4M 350K 32
"When will you accept me?'' Lucian murmured against my skin. The wonderful feeling only grew as he stepped closer, the thick muscles between our laye...
734 40 32
Alice was a normal high school girl. She was shy, fun and full of energy, one day something happened. Which she thought wasn't possible and that's lo...
2.9M 95K 69
| MATURE CONTENT | "You are fuckíng mine. Do you understand that?" That harsh growl echoed in my head.. His words scarring my mind. I could feel the...