Nerve

By bIuebirds

undergoing some serious editing. cx "Welcome to Nerve, a game like truth or dare, minus the truth. Watchers p... More

coming soon
n e r v e
soundtrack
one
two
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
final author's note
Q&A

three

3.2K 97 41
By bIuebirds

- lukas -
{ unedited }

As we watched Brian finish his dare of stealing hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise, my phone had buzzed.

I quickly checked my phone, reading the screen.

"STEAL THE MOTORCYCLE $1000."

I glanced over my shoulder and looked over to the street immediately noticing a nice motorcycle sitting on the side of the street. The boys had noticed I received a dare and quickly wished me luck. With a nod to them, I moved over to the nice bike, taking a seat. Fortunately for me, the owner hadn't locked the ignition. I haven't had much experience with motorcycles, but my father had owned one. So I knew a thing or two about how to ride one.

Once the vehicle was turned on and running, I took the helmet that was left there and placed it on my head; quickly fleeing from the scene before starting to steer on the street.

"DARE COMPLETE."

My phone sounded, confirming my dare was finished. Now that I had the motorcycle, I didn't know what to do with it. At the next red light, I took out my phone.

"Alright watchers, I've got the motorcycle to myself. What are you guys planning?" I speak to them through the video, my question answered through the next dare I receive.

"FIND THE GIRL $300."

~

- emma -

I didn't really want to team up with anybody at this point, since I'm a brand new player. But this guy really wanted me to, and one dare wouldn't do any harm; as long as I could get the money for my family.

"Great," he smiled, "I'm Jayden, by the way."

I smiled back, "I'm Emma."

Once we exchanged names, both our phones buzzed.

"Hey look our first dare together," Jayden says, showing me his screen again.

"TRY ON THESE $1,500."

"Woah," I gasp in awe, $1500 for trying on a dress? It's not my kind of dress, but it definitely could be for this dare.

"They look like they're in the outlet across the street, we could do this super easy and quick." Jayden thought aloud.

"Definitely," I laugh, as he clicks ACCEPT.

I look down at my phone to do the same, but I'm quickly taken by surprise when I notice my dare isn't the same.

"DITCH JAYDEN $2,000."

"C'mon babe let's go!" Jayden says, on his way running to the store. I quickly click ACCEPT and follow him with a devious smile plastered on my face.

We run into the store, and Jayden stops to read the mall directory. I mentally roll my eyes at him.

"Dresses and tuxedos are on the top floor ding dong," I say to him, quickly skipping past him to the escalator.

"Ruining the fun in the adventure," Jayden comments, catching up to me. Both of us run up the two escalators as I head to the dresses department and Jayden heads to the tuxedos department. The purple sparkles of the dress immediately catch my eye as I go over to retrieve it.

"Excuse me!" I call to a nearby employee. The woman walks closer to me so I didn't have to raise my voice more than I already had. "Can I try on this dress?" I ask, pointing to it.

"Sure thing, let me get you one that's a bit smaller for your size though," she smiles, and goes to the back of the store to access another size for me. I don't have to wait long until she arrives with the same dress on a hanger. "Here you go hun, dressing rooms are in the back."

"Thank you," I say, and speedwalk to the back of the store and towards the changing rooms, hoping Jayden is already there. I walk through the open entrance of the dressing rooms to see Jayden standing there is his tux.

"How do I look?" He smirked, looking at himself in the large mirror.

"Like a tool," I blurt out for some reason, but stifle a laugh in the process.

Jayden looked over to me with a 'I'm so done with you right now' expression.

"Sorry Mr. Sour Wuss," I laugh.

"Get your dress on, we have three minutes." He tells me urgently.

"Alright, alright." I head back to one of the rooms and open the curtain. As quick as I can, I place my phone down and get changed with the watchers watching me slip into the purple dress. I clutch onto my clothes with me as I exit the changing room. "Ta da!" I cheer, making an entrance. "How do I look?"

"Like a tool," he mimicks me.

"Funny." I roll my eyes playfully.

Jayden's phone buzzes and a

"DARE COMPLETE."

Pops up on his screen. Meanwhile, I have two minutes to finish my dare.

"Sweet," Jayden says to himself.

"Very," I add, "Since we're here, why don't we try on some more clothes?" I suggest, "I saw a tux back there that would look very handsome on you. The tie even matched your eyes." I flirt, trying to distract him.

Jayden looked down on me, smirking. "Only for you baby," he said. "I'll go get that just for you then."

"It's near the left most side of the store!" I call out to him before he leaves the room.

And just like that Jayden was off to find some nonexistent tuxedo I made up. Checking my timer, I have a minute and 20 seconds to finish my dare. As fast as I can, I rush to take off my dress and put on my old clothes. By the time I finish, I'm at 45 seconds. I race to grab Jayden's clothes and leave the dressing rooms without Jayden seeing me. Once I reach the escalators, I'm down to 32 seconds. I decide to easily slide down the railings of the escalators, apologizing once or twice to the people on them.

I slide down the last escalator, stumbling of course, and have 13 seconds to make it out the door. My legs carry me through the store, navigating me around racks and people browsing.

Once the timer hits 3 seconds, I'm outside of the building.

"DARE COMPLETE."

"Yes!" I softly exclaim aloud to myself, lifting my arms in triumph.

"Just in time," a familiar voice sounds as I look up to see the skateboard boy sitting on a motorcycle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6M 103K 60
{NEEDS EDITING} ....::::**•°✾°•**::::.... 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟏 𝐨𝐟 ❝𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬❞ ....::::**•°✾°•**::::.... "Death is the easy way out, rem...
1.3K 331 37
Memories are dangerous, emotions are forbidden, and love is out of the question... ............... #1 in #TEENREADS on 15-12-18 #3 in DEADGIRL on 29...
64.6K 2.3K 31
Welcome to Nerve. A game like Truth or Dare- minus the truth. Watchers pay to watch. Players play to win cash and glory. Dares given by the watchers...
3.7K 160 20
"Cool, lets go!" we jumped off his bed and ran towards his stairway, where he sat on his railing. "What are you doing?" I asked the crazy person. "Be...