When the Moon Takes Over

By breathe_the_night

Alexandra Halsey is an ordinary girl with ordinary friends. She doesn't feel complete and fully happy, maybe... More

My life, My friends.
Little crush
Marks and healed wounds
Fantasy became reality
New attitude
Missing part ( New attitude)
Alcohol with a hint of teasing.
Introductions and surprises.
Around the fire.
Father, daughter time
The bitter-sweet full moon
Morning after
Words can only do harm
Broken hearts
What's happening?
Explanations
Letting people in
That little monster that lives inside each of us
Secrets that brings us closer
Emotions that control us
Befriend your inner wolf
Tales of horror
There is no competition
Falling in love
Distractions
Some things are better left unspoken.
The heat season
Thanksgiving Dinner.
Let the truth be revealed.
Breaking the chains
Only a part of it
Darkness comes to life
We had an agreement
Saying no to the throne?
Something about you
Getting to know each other
I need you
Guilt and regrets
Let's begin
Connecting with yourself
Death is upon you
Obsession
Chaos
Chaos Pt. II
History of our family
Too late to stop a war
The end of an era
Bring you back to me
Safe Haven
Author's Note
Sequel!

Epilogue

21.4K 675 223
By breathe_the_night

Alex's POV

It took me quite a while to get back on my feet again. School made me take too many exams, I had excelent GPA score so they understood. My dad had told them it was a health problem so they were willing to make me re-take every single exam. Not that it was too hard, but studying sure took a swing at my moods. After all of that I even got to play a softball game along Clover and Bria. It made me feel extremely powerful. Everything went just as I planned. Of course my road had been very bumpy the last couple of months but I can't say this was a horrid year. Because I got to be with the girl I had only dreamt of having, I got to meet my mother and my twin brother. I also made new amazing friends that turned almost to siblings of mine. It wasn't all that bad. Of course I lost a few dear friends too. But I knew they were doing fine in the place where we will rest eternally. We will all get to see them someday. So for now all I had to do was live my life to the fullest. Not really wasting anymore time, because time is the only thing we could never get back.

My dad got married again. I was extremely happy and I knew my now step mom was a good woman. My dad did always have a good taste in women. Right now they were on their honeymoon somewhere in Dubai. My mom was also taking some time for herself. Managing the packs was exhausting so for a couple of months my grandmother and elders took over. She just wanted to enjoy quality time with us. We managed to have a great time. Memorable like I always dreamt of. My brother was taking more interest in becoming our leader. It will be definitely a new era. My brother being alpha and I empress. Though for now I just wanted to be plain old Alexandra Halsey. Yale University accepted me, full ride. But I decided to help on another student who didn't have the resources to pay. So my scholarship went to him and my dad was paying for all my studies. Not that money was an issue for him. I was planning on taking care of his business, so I had to have the best education of course.

The day of our graduation was amazing. We had so much fun, especially since Cassidy and I were in charge of it considering we were Valedictorian of our class. She got accepted to Julliard University, still chasing her dreams of becoming a professional dancer. We weren't that far from each other. We got to spend time every weekend. Though most of it we spent it falling undone in bed over and over again till we couldn't handle anymore. Who new Cassidy was such a freak in the sheets? There had been times where she has even tied me to the bed. Not that I was complaining.

Kristen surprised us by moving away with Mariah to study in Paris. It was her dream to become a painter and for sure she will because that girl has mad skills. Her father still kept on being alpha as well. But just like my twin brother it was obvious she would be taking the lead in a few years. Just like myself as well.

I was speeding down the road in my brand new Ferrari on my way to pick up Cassidy. When I got to her campus all eyes fell on my baby making my ego grow some more. I parked it quickly and got out once I caught a glimpse of her. Leaning against the car with my shades on smirking at my girl. Her friends were in complete awe. She quickly came running into my arms as I spun her around.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked she nodded rapidly. It was already our last day of classes, summer was starting. Having a few months just to relax. It's funny to think how fast time flew by. I was taking her on a trip to Europe. Just us exploring the world together. I waved at her friends and they quickly waved back making me smile.

After long flight hours we were finally on our first stop. Spain. We got to our master suite, getting a perfect view of the beach. Everything was beyond perfect. I was looking out the balcony when I felt slender hands made their way around my waist. Her gentle lips kissing my neck softly making me smile.

"This is all so perfect, you're perfect." She whispered against my ear making me shiver. I turned around to face those eyes I have learned to love more than life itself.

"Nothing is as perfect as you though." I said stroking her loose strands of hair behind her ear.

"How about we rest a bit before we explore around?" She suggested making me nod because I was extremely tired. Besides I had a huge surprise for her tonight. Just by thinking of it my hands grew cold. We laid down on the king size bed, her head on my chest as I caressed her smooth hair.

"What was it like?" I knew what she was referring to, even though she was with me in my dark thoughts she doesn't remember, but I do. Clear as day. "Beautiful and very peaceful." I replied with my eyes on the ceiling. Her hazel eyes stared up at mine. With a smile I kissed her temple.

"Your heaven was my hell." She said. Her words held truth. I remember when I had to see her unconcious on that hospital bed knowing it was my fault she was there.

"Everything had a purpose, this only fortified our bond, our love. This was our test of hells fire and look at us, we made it baby." Her smile made my world spin in an endless cycle. Cassidy was the perfect lover. I am lucky to have found her at such a young age. Her lips found mine in a tender kiss where only hearts got poured into. Feeling all the love we share for one another. She took me to a place higher than heaven. It was in our world where I belonged. With her by my side.

Her delicate hands started to undo slowly each of the buttons of my blouse. My hands grabbed a firm hold of her well formed hips. When she finished, her hands opened my blouse. Her eyes admiring my upper half.

"You're perfect." She said somewhat breathless before connecting her lips with my neck. Her tongue ran along my pulse point making me grab a hold of her hair tighter. Why did she have to be so amazing? She connected her lips with mine again, more hungry. I tried to flip us over so I could be on top but she stopped me.

"You need to rest my love." I chuckled because Cassie was such a tease when she wanted to. She knew she had all control over me.

After our much needed rest, we got up. Preparing ourselves for a romantic evening in a restaurant near the beach. Of course I had another plan in mind which mas making me sweat. Cassie came out of our suite bathroom looking beautiful as ever. Knocking all the air out of my lungs. Her hair falling like a waterfall. She decided to go with a delicate white dress. Which suited perfectly the ocassion. She was a bit tanned making her look all more stunning. On her feet just a pair of golden heels. All in all she looked like a goddess, here I was gawking at her. Making a sweet chuckle escape those kissable lips.

"Are you going to stay there gawking at me baby?" Her tone was a bit low, filled only with second intentions.

"Art was made to be admired." I said smoothly, making her cheeks turn even more rosy.

"Aren't you a 'gentleman'?" It only made me laugh. She came closer, her soft hands fixing the collar of my button up shirt. I was wearing a loose yet elegant navy blue button up shirt, the sleeves perfectly folded up to my forearms, a gold Rolex watch on my wrist. For once my hair in a perfect high ponytail. My makeup light only the eyeliner making my green eyes pop even more. White trousers and red high heels. My jewelry was very delicate since I really don't like them too exagerated. But it made me look more classy. Just as well as my gorgeous girlfriend.

"You look so hot, makes me want to rip off your clothes and stay here instead." She said close to my awaiting lips.

"Sounds so tempting, but my wolf needs to be fed." As if on cue, my stomach growled making the both of us giggle.

I had a special reservation, on an isolated area. Lit up by candles and white lights. Near the sea where we could hear the waves crashing. On the ground red petals making it look like a carpet of roses, leading us to our table especially decorated with white and red. Not so near our table a band playing classical music. Making everything look just how I pictured it.

"Do you like this surprise?" I asked taking her hand in mine, reaching it to my lips so I could gently kiss it.

"This is beyond beautiful." Her eyes on the scenery ahead of us. Looking like a pair of crystals. That look alone made me want to keep doing this type of things for her. She deserves the entire world and I am planning on giving it to her.

"Señoritas, su cena esta servida." Said the waiter taking care of us tonight.

"Come, our dinner is served." We walked hand in hand to our table. The young man revealing our dishes.

"I took the liberty to order your favorite dish, I hope you don't mind?" Her smile only grew making me exhale in pure relief. I needed this to be perfect.

"Por favor una botella de su mejor vino." I told him to bring us their best bottle of wine. He nodded with a smile. Leaving us alone with the sound of the ocean and soft background music.

"Since when do you speak spanish?" She asked curiously. 

"If you may know Miss Scott, I speak three languages. My father paid for classes when I was fairly young. I guess it really did turn out to come in handy."

"It sure did Miss Halsey." I couldn't take my eyes away from her. The moon goddess sure took her time in finding me a perfect mate.

Our waiter came back with the wine bottle. Serving us a good amount. I needed it to calm my accelarated heart beat. We ate our dinner making small talk. After our dessert, we decided to take a walk on the peaceful beach. Both taking our heels off, enjoying the warmth underneath our feet.

"We've been dating for over two years now, can you believe how fast time passes?" She said in amazement. Quite frankly I was amazed too. Almost not believing all our trajectory as a couple.

"Time seems to fly whenever I am with you." I responded. It was true, time with her passed way too quickly and I was tired of it. I stopped her in her tracks. This was the perfect timing.

"I need to say a few words to you." Her heart beat went up a bit, fearing I was going to tell her bad news. She kept quiet waiting for me to continue. Clearing my throat I began to speak once again.

"It's crazy how you and I have come so far. It has been the most amazing journey. I never really envisioned myself like this, I mean since the moment my eyes fell upon your goddess like figure my heart just knew you were the one. Though having you seemed so far-fetched, you were everything I was not. Maybe a part of me always admired you. Deep down within me something always knew you were different from the rest. Even though your boyfriend was a complete asshole and your best friend bullied me. Jamie always kept encouraging me to talk to your beautiful self, but I never could. Destiny had other plans as it seems, bringing us closer by you breaking my nose. Maybe that was her saying 'this is what you get for not talking to her like a normal person.'

Cassidy chuckled at that part and so did I. Her eyes were starting to get glossy.

"When I saw you kneeling by my side that day my entire demeanor changed. There was no pain anymore, just us and that stare of yours that has always managed to take my breath away. When I look at you Cassidy there is no pain. Only happiness and a sense of protectiveness washing over me. Because you my love are the most precious rose in my garden. Delicate and beautiful. Then that horrid day came, you saw me for what I truly am. I was afraid of losing you, but yet again you stayed. Even when seeing my worst parts. Again my pain vanished. You're my healer, my grand love. If I were to say all I feel for you. We would surely spend here the rest of our lives on this spot. I don't want to wait anymore, I need you to be fully mine now and always as long as our lives get us. So Cassidy Scott..."

I took out the small box from my trousers pocket, making her gasp. I got on one knee looking at those beautiful set of eyes.

"Would you please do me the honors of becoming my wife?"

"Oh my god yess!!" Her tears were falling, I softly took out the custom made 25 karat ring and put it on her finger. Loving how it looked. Her thumb wiped away my tears I didn't even know were falling. Today is by far the happiest day of my life. Her delicate soft lips connected with mine, tasting a little bit the salty tears from both of us. Nothing else mattered in that moment, our lives will get united in matrimony. It's surely a blessing to be able to wake up next to such beauty. I wouldn't even care if the sun weren't to shine anymore, as long as I had her everything was going to be fine.

When we parted I gasped. Putting a hand over my mouth because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. She stared at me confused but I couldn't stop staring at her.

"What?" She asked insecure. The mark I had giving her was glowing and her eye color changed. They were full on yellow.

"Your eyes, they're glowing." A breeze suddenly came, it was very peaceful one. Then I heard a calming voice.

"Congratulations Alexandra, your mate has accepted you now fully. The day you decided to mark her, her entire self began to change. It is the reason why she healed so quickly. You are next in line to becoming an Empress, which means your bite is strong enough to change any human you please. Even if you're still not ahead of your mother."

Cassie and I were both on our feet holding hands. Staring at the moon goddess.

"Great things will be ahead of you, be strong, be patient, be kind, and just be yourselves." With wide smiles we both nodded. My eyes caught Cassie staring at me with all the love in the world. I just knew, this love will never reach an end.

**A year later**

"Calm down, you look beautiful." Mark said watching me pace around my assigned room.

"Fucking stay still Alex before Cassidy stays without a wife." Raven threatned angrily, fixing my dress. Mark was way more serene than her.

I wasn't wearing an ordinary dress. I had to represent my mom, well more the Empress image.

My hair was in an elegant bun with a few strands loose giving it a juvenile look with a small golden crown placed a top of my head and my eyes looked phenomenal. My makeup artist surely took his precious time, but it was worth it. My eyes have never stand out as much as they do today.

"There all done." Raven said smiling genuinely.

"You look beyond beautiful sister." Mark said filled with joy. I exhaled and let out a small smile.

My dad came in next. Wearing a black tuxedo with a red tie. To match my colors as well as my brother. He didn't say anything for a whole minute, just stared at me.

"I can't believe my baby girl is actually getting married." I hugged him tight, he has always been such a big part of my life.

"Alex you will ruin your makeup!" My stylist said making us all laugh. I let go of my father, his eyes looking at me with so much love.

"I believe it is time to go my royal princess, the altar awaits for you." I nodded lacing my arm with his.

"You look gorgeous, Cassidy will faint half way to the altar when she sees you."

"God, I hope not." We both smiled. I was still too nervous to form long sentences. Fifteen minutes later I was walking down the altar, seeing so many familiar faces made my nerves ease up. Everything was decorated perfectly, a mixture of gold, red, white and black. But what can you expect when your mom is the Empress and Cassidy's mom a perfectionist?

Cassidy's flower girl came out once I was waiting at the altar, Mark right next beside me. The little girl began to spread golden petals a top of the red ones that were already there, we decided to have two diffrent flower girls. Then the music began playing, my heart beating abnormally fast. The church doors open and there she was. She began to walk by her father completely knocking the life out of my body. She decided to wear an extravagant golden dress made by the most prestigious designer of New York City. Her veil was long enough to connect with the tail of her beautiful dress. There were no words to describe how she looked. Not even the moon goddess herself came close. My dad joked about Cassidy fainting, but I am pretty sure I was the one about to. Her smile was so bright, those eyes looking at me with tears of pure happiness. I'm pretty sure I was crying too. When she finally came to stop beside me, her dad placed her soft hand on mine.

"Take good care of her Alex." He said softly with a smile.

"I'll make her the happiest woman alive Sir." He nodded.

"There are no words to describe what I'm feeling right now or how beautiful you look." I said looking directly at her as if she was a magnet. Maybe she was, because I could no longer part from her.

"I understand what you're feeling. I almost died when I saw you standing here." We both laughed before letting the chosen priest to take care of the ceremony.

****

When our vows were exchanged culminating our holy ceremony we headed to the place where our after party was being held at. Everything was just perfect, our mothers surely went all out.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, now we give to you Mrs and Mrs Halsey and their first dance as a married couple!!" Said the host. Non other than Jamie. We were still pretty close. Her daughter was my flower girl even.

Cassidy placed her hands around my neck, mine taking hold of her waist. Bringing our bodies closer as the music began to play. For a moment I forgot where we were, there was only us two dancing away in pure ecstasy the feeling of being completely happy. We were so close our foreheads were touching, my eyes instictively closed, feeling how we drifted away to our own world.

With a smile on my lips I sang to her some of the lyrics.

I surrender who I've been for who you are

Nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart

If I had only felt how it feels to be yours

I would have known what I've been living for all along

What I've been living for...

There it was again, a bunch of tears. I was too emotional today.

"We are finally married baby, our lives united as one for the rest of our lives and I plan on loving you till my last breath." She whispered next to my ear, making me hug her tight afraid of letting go.

"I'll never let you go. You and I against everything that comes our way. This is the start of our era my love." I replied as softly. Kissing those lips I will never get tired of.

Cassidy Scott is my beginning and my end. Love makes everything possible. If you get a hold of it cherish it like the most precious treasure to ever been found. A person will come into your life, making you question everything you are and are yet to be. True love is patient and pure. A feeling that over powers the rest of them. Be brave for when it comes, because true love is not always easy, but is the path along of it that makes you worthy of keeping it.

The end

A.N>> I'm actually sad, this was the last chapter of When the moon takes over, I hope this has been a great journey for you guys as it have been for me. I have grown so much while writing this book.
There are even parts of it that relate to my personal life.

My message to readers through this book is that no matter how life gets, or how difficult it is to be in love at such a young age everything is possible if you truly want it. It presented the struggles of growing up, falling in love, the problems many face while being with the right person as in asking yourself if its truly what you want, what you desire and mostly if it's what you truly need. Not always what we want is what we need. So I hope you guys did understand the message. Many of you were angry during certain parts of the book, but everything had a purpose. It presented when friendships came to an end, how other stronger bonds were made, how sometimes we lose people we love. All in all it says that no matter how hard a point of your life is, life goes on.

I want to thank you all for making it this far, for leaving comments and voting on my book. It makes me really happy every time I get a notification.

Btw>> This story has a sequel

I love you all very much 💚💚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 74.5K 90
Soul mates An invisible force that ties the fate of two people together in a strong unbinding red thread of love. The person with whom you fall in lo...
87.7K 2.8K 33
[COMPLETED] This is the story of Alexandra. Alex is a teenager who wants to live a happy, unbothered life and is afraid to get attached to anyone in...
18.2K 273 29
Kate is a perfectly normal teenage girl. She gets straight A's, she's the queen of the school, she even has a boyfriend who she thinks is cheating o...
1 0 16
Alexandra was an average, everyday peasant girl in 16th century Russia. She lived with her parents, whom she loved dearly, and her brother. Her and h...