In My Eyes

By WritingAvengerA113

BOOK 2 OF THE JESSI STARK SERIES. "Life is tough my darling, but so are you" What's next in her life as the... More

Ch•1- If only You would Listen
Ch•2- Foreign
Ch•3- Don't let Go
Ch•4- The Worm Hole
Ch•5- Holiday greeting
Ch•6- A Missile
Ch•7- Pompeii
NOT AN UPDATE
Ch•9- Destined to be Alone
Ch•10- Not Menacing Enough?
Ch•11- Jokes
Ch•12- Back Stabbing
Ch•13- A Maniac
Ch•14- Like a Monster
Ch•15- It's not my Fault
Ch•16- Rubble
Ch•17- Strange
Ch•18- Paris
Ch•19- End Credit Scene
Ch•20- Just you
Ch•1- The Carnival
Ch•2- Blueish
Ch•3- Overly Calm
Ch•4- Strings
Ch•5- The Endgame
Ch•6- Good old days
Ch•7- Mindless Killing Machine
Ch•8- Not my Place
Ch•9- Multiplying
Ch•10- Common Sense
Ch•11- I am.
Ch•12- My Purpose
Ch•13- You can do all Things
Ch•14- Shining Armor
Ch•15- Together
Ch•16- Bye
Ch•17- Never Ending
Ch•18- Change
Ch•19- Connected
Ch•20- Imminent
Civil War: Ch•1- Tarzan & Jane
Ch•2- Reality
Ch•3- Murals
Ch•4- September
Ch•5- Vigilante
Ch•6- Put in Check
Ch•8- The Prince
Ch•9- Bucky Barnes
Ch•10- Framed
Ch•11- Accidents
Ch•12- The Gem
Ch•14- Spiderling
Ch•15- Strong Enough
Ch•16- United We Stand
Ch•17- Divided we Fall
Ch•18- The Greatest Failure
Ch•19- A Dark Shadow
Ch•20- Graces
Ch•21- Cool tricks
Ch•22- Stormtroopers
Ch•23- Blue
Ch•24- 1991
Ch•25- Snow
Ch•26- The Mountain
Ch•27- Forever
Ch•28- End Credit Scene.
:)
The Disappearence of Jessica Stark

Ch•7- Fall Apart

10K 390 99
By WritingAvengerA113

            The old English library was vacant as I sat in the main lounge area with several books surrounding me on the sofa. Rain pattered against the multicolored stain glass windows, its noise echoed from around the room. Rows of shelves choked full of books surrounded the center reading area. I was alone, halfway across the world in a country that I'd never visited before. In my mind, England was always seen has picturesque, or romantic. But today, it's gloom and grey mixed with the endless rain.

           I don't remember how long I've been here, definitely over four hours. I've been avoiding something during my time here in the library, avoiding something that I don't want to face. About seven or eight old biographies about Peggy Carter herself were scattered on the leather couch around me. I was currently reading the book on how she aided in creating and directing the organization that we all know as S.H.I.E.L.D. My family history was just getting stranger and stranger... and it's not even on my Dads side!

           Now that I think about it, there is a connection. My Grandfather helped to create SHIELD. There's also Peggy, Mothers Aunt, also aided in creating SHIELD. The two halves of my family have been connected for all this time and I had never realized. SHIELD was destined to be apart of my life from the day I was born. There was no avoiding this. Now, my family is at odds with one another. These Accords are forming an even greater rift. I fear that one day soon it will all shatter. I stared down at the book, unable to read anymore.

           "You've been here for quite awhile" the Liberian approached me quietly from his desk. His feet hardly made a single noise as he walked across the polished hardwood floor. He had a thick british accent and fluffy brunette hair.

           I peeled my eyes away from the pages of the book to look at him. He was maybe early forties, but I could immediately spot the wisdom radiating off from his skin. His style was very old school, a white button up shirt covered with a black blazer and a red tie. For some reason, I felt comfortable. I chuckled softly and admitted "I guess I'm just stalling"

          "Stalling?" The British man asked, running his fingers over top my books that were laying around. He scanned his eyes over the titles "stalling for what, if I may ask?"

          I closed my book and set it on the sleek wooden coffee table in front of me "The future" he tilted his head to the side, waiting for me to go on. I glanced to the front doors of the library that lead to the bustling streets of London "I'm not ready to face what's on the other side of those doors... not literally those doors" I pointed to the front entrance "but, you what I mean. Hypothetically is the word that I want to use, right?"

          "May I sit?" He asked, gesturing his hand to the empty spot beside me on the couch. I shrugged and scooted over to make more room, allowing him a place to sit "Miss. Stark, if I may call you that" I nodded my head slightly. Everybody all over the worlds knows who I am. It's not uncommon for strangers to call my name out "I don't know much about your life in particular, but, not to brag, but I do have a solid A- on reading people and giving advice" he said with light humor as he leaned his elbow against the back of the couch.

I laughed at that. At least he knows his talents "From what I know-" he continued "-there are these accords that the United Nations have come up with. I saw a report about them on the news. These accords deal with the Avengers free reign and power, correct?"

I nodded.

          "And since it deals with the Avengers, I can only imagine that some of the members agree, and some don't. That can automatically cause dysfunction within a group of any kind"

         "Wow" I said in a hushed tone with my blue eyes opened wide "Are you psychic or something? Can you read my mind?" I asked, leaning closer to him "Because honestly, I wouldn't be all that surprised if you did, my life is full of strange people with strange abilities"

The man looked down to the floor and smirked.

          "No, I am not either of those things. But even a fool can tell that the two minds of Tony Stark and Captain Rogers definitely do not think alike"

          "And that's where the problem lies" I placed my elbows on my knees and cupped my cheeks with a glum look "those two can really make things so complicated sometimes. These Accords will just- just set us back even further. I don't like where this is all going"

"So you disagree with them?" The librarian asked.

           "Well, not exactly. I meant that they cause more... division in our group, you know? We don't already see eye to eye as it is. Trust me, I do understand why the UN did this" I added "they want to protect the counties of the world and the citizens. And, I get it, but at what cost? That's my question"

          Just then, the clock in the library chimed. By now, the funeral would be ending. I missed it, but on purpose. I wasn't ready to face it "I uh, I gotta go. I should've have even- I should go" I laid the all of the books on the coffee table "sorry about the mess, Mr.-" I motioned to the books, also wanting to get his name.

         "Morgan, Henry Morgan" he introduced himself to me and shook my hand warmly. He was a real life English gentlemen. I smile crept up on my lips. He has a familiarity about him that makes me feel comfortable.

"Right" I stood up, leaving the books behind "it was great chatting with you, sir"

"What's the rush?" he asked.

          "A funeral" I mumbled and grabbed my purse and started across the empty library to the doors. I could see Mr. Morgan pick up one of the books on Peggy. He stared at the title and cover deeply.

           "Miss Stark" he called out to me as I opened the door. My car was waiting for me at the sidewalk. I glanced back over to him, prepared to leave "Don't be fearful of the future. Trust me, I've had plenty of it. Just whatever you do, do what you feel is right, no matter what everybody else says. Have faith for a brighter future, it will come"

          I gave him a small nod before shutting the door behind me. 'Don't be fearful of the future, trust me, I've had plenty of it'? Well what does he mean by that? I flipped up my jackets hood and started for the car.

***

          The black London taxi dropped me off in front of the massive cathedral. A chill breeze swept through the cobblestone street, a light drizzle was slowly making its way down the cloudy sky to the damp earth.

          I stepped out of the car and smoothed my black skirt. Multiple cars lined the road outside the churches sidewalk. I removed the dark sunglasses from my eyes and took in the old structure. Stain glass windows, old British architecture, a large golden bell at the top of the steeple. You wouldn't have guessed that a funeral was going on.

           Cars and busses honked and roared around the city of London. In the distance, the Big Ben could be heard chiming. This old church seems out of place as it stood in the middle of the modern city.

           I walked up the stairs, letting my hand run along the railing. The rain water clung to my fingers, already chilling my skin.

           I paused at the front entrance, feeling a lump in my throat form. My Great Aunt, a great person that I never got to know before she passed. I had so many questions to ask, I need advice, help... so many things.

           Everyone who attended the funeral seemed to be gone by now. A couple people exited the large red doors, wearing black and clutching umbrellas. I quietly pushed the door open after another couple walked out so that I could steal a peak in.

             One tall man stood at the front of the sanctuary. He was all dressed in black and his head was down. In front of him was the casket and hundreds of white flowers surrounding it. A black and white picture of the woman was sitting on top of the coffin.

             She was a beautiful woman, and was at one point in love with Captain America, and he was in love with her. Steve told me a little her, but not that much. He tends to keep to himself about her. I pressed my lips in to a thin line before closing the large door behind me, the lock clicked and echoed around the large, empty space.

            "When I came out of the ice" he said, not even looking to see that it was me. He probably already knew that I'd come somehow "I thought everyone I knew was gone. When I found out that she was alive, I was just lucky to have her" he stared up at the picture of her, letting his voice fade to nothing.

           I walked up to him, clasping my hands at my stomach as I fiddled with my rings "She had you back, Steve. That's probably all she ever wanted, and then-... then she was able to rest" he turned his head to me. He had been crying. It was a sight that I had never wanted to see. His red and puffy eyes were receding back to their normal color. The great captain was heartbroken. I looked towards the casket, sniffing "I'm s-so sorry, I, I'm just sorry"

          "You came all this way just to tell me that?" He asked lightly, pulling his hand from his pocket and putting it on my shoulder.

         "And... well yes, and something else" I bit my bottom lip between my teeth, no knowing exactly how to put this "It's a good a time as any, I suppose" He waited for me to go on "Peggy is my great aunt" I stared at her photo on the casket "My mom is- was Sharon Carter's sister. I guess you can put together now that Sharon is my aunt" I looked to him "I learned all this last year when Ultron was around. I... I didn't know how to bring it up, and I still didn't even know what it all meant. But now I know that I should have told you as soon as I figured it out, and I'm sorry for keeping it from you"

I had imagined that he'd be surprised, or at least taken back. But instead he just looked down to his black shoes gave a small smile "So, I was almost Jessi Starks great uncle?"

"That would have been really cool" I told him, wiping under my eye to rid a tear.

          "You did reminded me of her, you know" he motioned to the photo "but I never even thought to put it together like that. And Sharon" he thought of my aunt "It all, in a way, makes more sense this way" he looked back to me "Don't feel bad for not telling. It wasn't the time then, but it's just nice to know that I will always have a piece of her with me"

"You're... just trying to make me cry now, aren't you?" I asked, seeing the blotches of mascara on my hand from when I wiped my eyes. He shrugged humorously, straightening out his posture. We stood silent for another moment, just gazing at the casket with the British flag laying over top.

"Who all have signed the accords, do you know?" He asked, leaning against the church benches.

"My Dad" I counted off "Rhodey, and Vision"

"Clint?"

"I think he's retired"

"Wanda?"

           "I... I have no idea, she hasn't said anything about it yet. I'm heading over to Vienna with Nat to watch the signing of the accords later. There is plenty of room on the jet if you want to tag along" Steve sighed, folding his arms across his chest.

           He doesn't like the idea of a leash. I don't exactly know how I feel about it yet "I know it doesn't seem right, but we all need to stay to together, this... this might be our only option. Staying together is more important than how we stay together, right?"

          "What are we giving up to do it?" He asked, his voice became less soft. I didn't answer his question. We're basically giving up everything. It's what has to be done "I'm sorry Jes" Steve shook his head "but I can't sign it"

          "I figured that" I looked down to the floor, smiling softly. I knew that there was no way he could. He's the type of guy who likes free reign, and not having someone to look over his shoulder.

"Then what are you doing here?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

          I looked up from the floor to his eyes
"I thought it'd be worth a shot... and, I didn't want for you to be all alone" and that's when I saw it, the first time I ever saw Steve Rogers cry. The great Captain America is a normal human being, at times. I couldn't bare to watch it. I quickly gripped his hand and wrapped my arms around him in a hug. I wish that there was more that I could do for him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.3K 491 73
Book 1 of 3 (Book 2- The Saviour- is out) Y/N Stark is not an ordinary kid; she was orphaned. She struggled at living and always found it hard to tru...
2M 63.3K 61
BOOK 1 OF THE JESSI STARK SERIES. He has become wrapped around her finger, she's the center of his whole world. And his heart fully belongs to that s...
34.8K 687 32
Y/N Starks life isn't like your average teenager. Most kids her age are going to high school, going to partys, applying for collage... but Y/N? Y/N...
151K 3.4K 44
In which Abigail James-Stark is placed in the care of her long-lost father and her life is turned upside down. [Marvel Avengers] [Book One of the Iro...