Ch•18- Change

A/N: Thank you.

          I had a dream, and yes I'm pretty sure that half of you just thought of Martin Luther King Jr. That was a pretty good speech that he gave at the Lincoln Memorial, wasn't it? Very motivating, very powerful, it sticks with you, it... I'm getting off track, sorry.

          Anyway, in my dream. I stood on a busy street. My mind didn't recognize the city but my body did. It seemed to move on its own with the bustling crowd.

          My feet carried me through the crowd of people on the sidewalk. It didn't look like New York, or DC. It might be somewhere in Austria, or Serbia, now that I actually look at it. Everything around me seems foreign.

          I narrowly dodged an oncoming man on a bike, he had newspapers tucked in the basket on the handles. He yelled at me in a foreign language. I knew that language. I turned to watch him as he sped away down the cobble street. Near me, a cat was digging in a trash can, a woman blabbed loudly on her phone, a taxi driver honked his horn.

         I put my hand up to my forehead in confusion, this dream is pretty realistic. A sign attached to a small food store was painted in a language that I swear I know. I've studied several different languages over the past couple of years, and this could possibly be one of them. I walked closer to the store sign.

          I glanced around at all the people, wondering what was to come next in my dream. A man, he appeared. He stood at the sidewalk, his arms were crossed and he leaned up against a crosswalk sign. The light turned blue and all the pedestrians crossed, but he stayed put. He stared at me.

         The man wore an army suit, but not the modern ones. He wore an early 1900's style suit, similar to the ones that Steve wore in the 40's. It was a dark green color, leaning more towards brown and was decorated with gold pins and medals. His dark brown hair was long, it reached just above his shoulders like he hadn't bothered to cut it in awhile.

         Also, the biggest thing that stuck out was his arm. The sleeve of his suit was cut to fit his muscular Vibranium arm. I recognized the symbol on the arm, and I put the pieces together. Bucky Barnes, it was him. I took a step towards him.

          About a year ago I vowed to help Steve find him, and just recently I found out that he killed my Mother. My Mom was in love with him, and he killed her. I couldn't tell if I was angry, hurt, or just relived to find him.

          Bucky met my gaze, his blue eye were staring hard into mine. I took another step closer, feeling the crowd of people grow thicker. Bucky slowly turned around on the sidewalk, he was getting ready to walk away.

          "Wait!" I yelled, reaching my hand out. The crowd walked towards me, pushing me back further and further away "Wait! Don't leave!" His body disappeared in the hundreds of others.

He was gone.

The world around me faded away.

I woke up.

         My eyes fluttered open. A ceiling was above me. A white ceiling that was highlighted with sunlight. I brought my hand up to my face and rubbed my eyes with my thumb and pointer finger.

          "Sleep well?" A voice asked.
I turned my head to the side. Dad sat there in the seat beside me, a open newspaper sat in his lap "you've been out for a few days now"

          "What happened? Did I hit my head?" I propped myself up. Dad helped me adjust the pillow at the back of my neck to give me more leverage.