Ch•12- The Gem

The golden gem. It glowed similarly to the bright sun in an endless desert. I held my hand over my eyes like a visor to block out the blinding light.

   I wondered why the the gem wasn't implanted on Visions forehead. A vast empty space surrounded me at all sides. The color was a deep and dark purple, dotted with bright white stars. Was I in space?

My body was floating through the solar system. I darted my eyes around, not understanding what was going on.
The gem drifted closer towards me until it was less then ten feet away. Stars twinkled, I could feel their heat. The golden gem continued to shine. What does it mean?

I noticed another figure appearing just to the left of the gem. Red energy swirled, taking a small form. It's power was enormous, the energy waves it created blew my hair back. The energy finally came together, forming a object that almost resembled the golden gem, but this one was a different shade.

I immediately recognized it as another gem, a red colored one, a red gem. It sat side by side to the golden gem. I reached my hand out towards the gems, wanting to feel more of their power. When all the sudden, another colored gem formed.

A green gem swirled together from nothing. My body felt hollow, almost as if my soul had been sucked out. My lips felt cold, as well as my finger tips. I pulled my hand away from the gems and back down to my side. A voice echoed throughout my mind. It sounded oddly familiar but I couldn't quite place it. Annihilation, Thank You, Stark, It Was You, There Was No Other Way...

"What is this?" My voice was hoarse.

An orange light glowed behind me. I spun around, steadying myself in the zero gravity. My feet dangled freely below me. The orange gem formed. Something came over me. It felt like someone had smacked me across the cheek.

I squeezed my eyes shut and gritted my teeth at the pain. Once the stinging died down, I peeked through my eyelashes to see what was next. But I wasn't in space anymore. I was in a meadow.

Tall golden grass blew in the wind. The sun shined down upon me. There was nothing but the meadow. Not a tree or a mountain in sight, just flat land. I ran my hand through my hair, feeling panic begin to set in.

"Remember this place?"

I froze, my eyes burning from the lack of blinking. That voice, that distinct voice. It filled my childhood. The one voice that I thought I'd never hear again.

"It's nice, yeah? Hasn't changed a bit"

I slowly turned around, locking eyes with a familiar blonde women. She wore a long white dress that reached her toes. The sleeves didn't go past her shoulders, and a simple necklace hung around her neck. The silver charm on the necklace chain was a flower, a Lily.

She had her fingers linked together in front of her, a smile crossed her lips.

"You okay, Jessi?" She asked.

"Mom?" a tear slipped out of my eye.

"What's wrong, honey?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. Her blonde hair fell across her shoulder. I took a step forward, but paused. I feared that if I got too close she would disappear.

"Why... why are you... I don't- I don't understand! W-what's happening? What are these gems?!" I asked, half yelling.

"Just relax Jes, everything's alright" my Mom closed the space between us and placed her hands on my shoulders. A relaxed feeling spread over me. After eight long years, I'm in my Mothers arms again.