Ch•26- The Mountain

A/N : Thank you all for waiting through that cliff hanger chapter, it was my evil plan *rubs hands together menacingly* But hopefully this chapter makes up for it. :D

           Jessi stumbled down the dark corridor, bloody fingers clung to her plasma punctured side

           Jessi stumbled down the dark corridor, bloody fingers clung to her plasma punctured side. There was a gaping whole in her stomach when she awoke, but it had mostly closed by now. The Extremis was to thank for the rapid healing, or 'regeneration' as Aldrich Killian put it all those years ago.

          She fell against the wall, gritting her teeth as the fiery pain shot throughout her body again "God!" She yelled, hitting the wall in frustration. Her own Father shot her, not knowing if she would survive or not. He tried to kill her. Her lip twitched in rage.

           Up ahead, the sounds of metal colliding with Vibranium could be heard. Her body glowed a sickish orange under the jumpsuit. She pushed herself from the wall and continued down the hall, growing more exhausted with every step.

          Cold air swept down the hallway, telling her that a window was near. She rounded a corner, placing her hand on one of the pillars for support. In that moment, the rage and hatred she had for her Father disappeared in an instant. Steve has his shield raised over his head, prepared to smash down.

        That weapon could take his head clean off in under a second. Jessi fell to her knees "STEVEN" she cried, tears steaming from her eyes. Her voice echoed around the space, catching Steve off guard. Steve paused for a moment, only then bringing the shield down. Jessi looked away.

         Steve hadn't killed Tony, he rammed the shield into the center of his chest where the suit reactor was. Permanently shutting down the Iron Man suit. Jessi forced her eyes open, feeling a small wave of relief was over her.

         Steve sat their for a moment, catching his breath before pulling the shield back up. Tony had blood smeared all over his face. His skin was now pale from the near death experience. Steve crouched down beside Bucky and lifted him off the ground to carry him. He flung his arm around his shoulders and started for the hallway. Jessi remained stone frozen on the floor.

         "That shield doesn't belong to you!" Tony pulled himself to his knees "You don't deserve it. My Father made that shield!"

          Steve stared ahead, gripping his shield. Tony words settled on his brain. Jessi watched as the shield slipped from his fingers and collided with the floor. She blinked at the loudness of the clanking. Steve barely looked at her before making his way out. Tears pricked her eyes "look what you have done, S-Stark" she fumbled with her words, unable to say the word 'Dad'. It filled her with anger.

          She reached out to pick up the shield that Steve left behind. Now that she's holding it, Jessi realized that she has never actually held the defense weapon in her hands. It's lighter than she imagined. She slipped the straps over her wrist and stood up. That was the last thing she said to him.