Ch•6- Put in Check

Sam and Rhodey stood behind everyone later that afternoon, arguing it out inside the living area of the compound. Everyone hardly knows what to think about all of this. Rhodey agrees, Sam doesn't. I... I don't know what to think anymore. I'm just going to see how this all plays out before making any decisions. In hindsight it doesn't necessarily matter what I have to think, or at least according to Ross.

I can't say that I'm for the Accords, and I can't that I'm entirely against them. These regulations are being put into play for all of the right reasons, but the negative affects are undeniably present. We have caused a lot of damage, and maybe the government can be good for us, but that means that we're tied down. The world could be ending, and we wouldn't be aloud to save it because the panel says no. What do we do then?

Sam and Rhodey continued to bicker with one another for ten minutes before someone else spoke up and interrupted them. I looked up from my fingers, which I had been with for quite some time now. Everyone else quieted down to hear what Vision had to say.

"I have an equation" he offered from his seat on the couch next to Wanda. I sat up from straighter on the couch and crossed my legs.

"Oh" Sam raised his arms up sarcastically "this should clear in right up"

"In the eight years since Mr. Stark announced himself as Iron Man" Vision gestured to my Father who sat quietly in his chair "the number of known enhanced persons has grown exponentially, and during the same period, the number of potentially world ending events has risen at an extremely high rate"

"Your saying it's our fault?" Steve asked.

        "I'm saying there maybe a causality" Vision explained nonchalantly, answering Steve's question "Our very strength invites challenge, challenge incites conflict, conflict breeds catastrophe. Over sight... over sight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand" he concluded.

"Boom" Rhodey exclaimed, shooting a glance over to Sam who seemed even more annoyed.

"Tony..." Natasha spoke cautiously, turning the conversation to an obviously quiet father of mine who had been rather out of it "you're being uncharacteristically non hyper-verbal" I noticed that he was slouched down in his seat, his hand rubbing his brown eyes. It's true, he has been really quite since returning home from Washington D.C. after the science convention at MIT.

  "It's because he's already made up his mind" Steve figured, looking away from the thick Accords booklet that was in his grasp.

"Oh, you know me so well" Dad sat up from the chair, grimacing as if he was in pain. I rubbed my tongue on the inside of my cheek as I eyed him intently "actually I'm nursing an electromagnetic headache" he rubbed the back of his head. It's undoubtedly from the barf technology that he used while presenting.

   "That's what's been going on Cap, just pain, that's all" he walked over to the kitchen area of the flat, flipping on the water faucet and grabbing a mug "who's putting coffee grounds in the disposal?" Dad gripped the cup tightly, sounding annoyed and angry with all of us "Am I running a bed and breakfast for a biker gang?" He asked, slamming the cup on the counter and giving us all a frustrated glare.

I pressed my lips into a thin line, looking away from him in awkward guilt.

He didn't really seem to care. There was something else that was bothering him. He pulled out his cell phone from his pants pocket and set it on the marble counter. A picture of a young man appeared in front of him on the hologram with a short bio under the photo.