Fallen From Grace | BOOK 1 ✔️

By -S-N-O-

For years, Pierce dedicated himself to the battlefield, hoping to bring an end to the ongoing war. Despite lo... More

Prologue: Befallen
Chapter One
Two Continued...
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Epilogue: Penance
Chapter: Ending Extra
*Bonus I*
*Bonus II*
*Bonus III*
Author's Note

Chapter Two

22.3K 1K 84
By -S-N-O-

Pierce's P.O.V

We packed little to anything because of the long six day walk it is from our territory to the outskirts of it. We're on our last leg and I'm glad to see some life back in my packmate's eyes. I was really getting worried that I may of had to leave two of them behind.

Everyone has weak moments and at sometime or another, people begin to break a part after holding them in for far too long. That's exactly what had happened last week and I'm not willing to bring that to their attention. People were exhausted and tired. . .scarred and wounded. I see why they would break under the pressure. Who wouldn't?

"...Pierce..."

"Hm?" I look over at Samantha as she walks idly by Kenny. " You're the Beta's son...right?"

I nod.

"Then why are you here? Why are you even fighting?"

A sad bout of laughter comes from me at that question. Why am I fighting he asks. That's a question I've been asking myself for years.

"The Alpha specifically asked my father to have me trained to fight so I could be of better use to the next Alpha." Like a tool. An object, I think bitterly to myself.

"Ahh...so it's like that? Here I thought the rumors were true. "Jacob's voice chime in.

"...Rumors?"

"Isaac and you...aren't you...lovers?" I burst into laughter at this along with Kenny who has been silent the entire journey.

"Isaac? The shy guy? The Alpha's pride and joy?" I ask while laughing again. "He would never even let me lay a finger on him, even if I was." It never hurts to lie once in a while. Why give them more to worry over?

"So you're not...?"

"No. No one has even had their rightful mate in over three hundred years. What makes you think he would be mine and I would be his?" We all begin to walk in silence as that thought looms over us. None of us knew...and we'll probably never know either.

"...I'd like to find my mate, you know someone to grow old with, and have kids without worrying about them dying in war. I would like to raise my kids in peace. . .give them a life I never had, but wish I always did." I look at Kenny as my eyes fall to the ground.

That may never happen.

"I. . .I've never been kissed. I never had a boyfriend. . .I'd like to have one," I hear Samantha say as she coughs a little. Having attachments, such as a lover, during the time of war will give you nothing but grief.

"Gives you more reason to stay alive then," I hear Jacob say and I smile at this. I put my hand out in front making everyone stop as I smell the scents of Northerners nearing.

"We'll try talking to them before we attack-"

"They don't want to talk to us! They'll kill us!" Kenny yells madly.

"Even so..." I try to reason.

"Don't listen to him. We go in there and we kill them. He never said he was in charge." Jacob growls causing my eyes narrow. Samantha looks at me then back at him as a confused expression appears on her face.

"We go now!" Jacob yells and Kenny quickly changes into his wolf along with Samantha. My eyebrows furrow together as I realize what's happening.

"If you do this, they'll know you're coming Jacob! We'll be greatly outnumbered!"

"We're outnumbered already! What difference does it make?!"

It's crazy how people can make such rash decisions because they are so afraid of what might happen if they choose to look at it another way. " Didn't we say we were going to try to stay alive? If you do this-" He pushes me out the way as he transforms into his ash-brown wolf making my eyes widen.

"Stop spouting nonsense. . .we all knew we were going to die." They all rush off and I quickly tail behind them as I transform into my black wolf without even feeling the subtle pain that usually accompanies it.

What has gotten in to him? I cannot let him lead them into a simple trap like this! As I break out onto all fours I can feel my bones settling into place as the wind hits my face.

"NOW!" I hear someone shout and soon I see nothing but wolves leaping out the bushes and trees and poucing on top of us. I quickly dodge and swipe at him with my paw smacking him into a tree.

I swipe my tail back and forth as I bend down into a lunge position aiming for another were's neck. Before he notices I lunge and take his neck into my mouth and shake him like a rag dog till I hear something snap and throw him away from me like a rag doll. I look around looking for my packmates and see Samantha being surrounded by three weres.

"Samantha! Hold on for just a little while longer!" Before I can make it over there I feel claws sink deep into my fur and onto my skin making a growl come out from me. I try to shake him off of me and when that didn't work I slam my body against a tree over and over again until I hear a yelp only to be tackled to the ground by a bigger were.

His drool drops down onto my muzzle as he bears his fangs at me. In response I do the same thing giving rise to enough adrenaline to wringle out of his grasp. He circles around me and I do the same thing. As I am about to attack him I feel someone clamp down on my leg and bite so hard into it I yelp out.

Another comes and latches onto my fur tearing into my flesh. I bite into the fur of the one holding onto me and fling him off of me only for someone else to come and bite into my back making my growl intensify. I shake my leg furiously till I dip down and bite into his muzzle causing him to howl out in pain attracting more weres to me.

I take the other were grabbing him by his fur and flinging him like garbage into a tree. The bigger one wastes no time for me to recover and attacks me making me stand on my hind feet as I counter his attack. He tries to lunge for my neck but misses. I grab onto a chunk fur and sink my fangs into his skin knawing and biting at it furociuously until I can see nothing but red.

My claws sink deep into his belly as I end up winning the battle of strength. I run my nails deep into his skin seeing blood ooze out of him perfusively. Before I can finish him off, three weres attack me from behind making me stand on my hind legs so I can fall on my back purposely. I yelp out as I feel nails go deep into my belly.

I quickly recover but instantly sense my balance is off once I try to stand up only for me to fall back down again. I get up and shake my head as three weres begin to circle me again. I take this opportunity to look for Jacob and see him wrestled to the ground by four weres causing my eyes to fall.

I can't feel him. I can't sense him. . .he must be dead. Before I can look for Kenny one of them lunges for my neck missing entirely. Another one tries and misses. The third one tries from behind and from one swipe of my tail he flies into a nearby building.

"Finish him off! The other three are either dead or subdued!" I hear a man's voice say making me sink my claws into the ground. Just like that. I lost another three of my packmates.

The three all jump me at once tearing and pulling at my flesh. I use all the strength I can muster out of me and will myself to get up on all four. I promised them. I ignore the pain as I try to rise. I would make it back. I feel claws sinking into my flesh making me cringe back into the ground. I said. . .I would make it back. I will myself once again to get back up and shake them off me by force. Two of them went flying into tree and another near by building making the last one cautiously limp around me.

I growl and snarl becking him to come and attack me but he doesn't. Soon, four more weres come to help him out. Blood begins to drop down from my fur unto my muzzle. I can feel the blood leaking out of body in drivels making me instantly become lightheaded. My vision becomes blurry and my footing unsteady.

"Take him down now!" I growl becomes more of a snarl making them back away from me. I lower my head once I feel the last bits of energy leaving my body.

" -Wait!" A voice rings nearby. My wolf instantly becomes irratic and my heart begins to pulsate pumping more blood out of my body. My body sinks into the ground as things begin to move around me. Despite everything I rise once again, not trying to give in to my exhaustion.

"What are you doing?"

I hear a voice strong and vibrant. It's incredibly soothing to the ear which relaxes me more than it should have. I can feel myself going in and out of conciousness as I begin to lose more blood.

"Protecting your land, Your Highness."

"This. . .This isn't... you imbeciles!" He looks around seeing blood and bodies of weres everywhere making him cover his mouth in digust.

"Please get back onto the path we set for you, Your Grace."

I feel him getting closer and closer to me causing me to let out a dangerously low growl which makes him stop for a second but he continues on. " Settle dow-" I snap at him and end up slightly scratching the side of his face before he can back away. Something similiar to the feeling of sparks runs up and down my body making me eye him even more warily.

"Your Highness You shouldn't to-" His eyes widen making me growl even louder. I don't want him near me. I take a step closer to him intensifying my growl even more but he doesn't move. As his scent hits my nose something in me makes me stop.

With a gentle touch on my nuzzle my body shivers under them. I fall onto the ground from exhaustion. Soon I slip into unconciousness as everything around me is consumed in darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[A/N] Hey guys, how are you liking it so far? Right off the bat, you can tell Pierce and Cassius' personalities are on opposite sides of the spectrum. I think that this will make a fun story to write :3

As always, leave comments, questions, or critique. I'm always open to feedback! ^_^.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.1K 5.3K 11
Mallory always kept to himself, he liked living his life away from the prying eyes of the people of Casterly, with his clinic in top shape he had eve...
933K 42.3K 72
In a single moment, Simon's life had turned upside down. Homeless, packless, rejected, and without his beloved family, Simon had lost all he's known...
59K 2K 5
( ♂ ♡ ♂ ) "I've finally decided and nothing will change my mind this time. I don't wan't to play games with him anymore. I've had enough! I might lov...
50.6K 3.7K 56
Book Two of the Haunted Lover's Duo. "The paradox of vengefulness is that it makes men dependent upon those who have harmed them, believing that thei...