The corpse of the past

By JosephineMichelleC

During cleaning out the house of their dead parents, Willow, Rye and Sunny, finds a book. The book, they disc... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: I'm o-kay
Chapter 2: Hating everything
Chapter 3: A nightmare
Chapter 4: Do I still love him?
Chapter 5: Oh god!
Chapter 6: He's not himself
Chapter 7: What Effie did
Chapter 8: Thoughts
Chapter 9: We remain
Chapter 10: My two boys
Chapter 11: Stupid
Chapter 12: Avoiding
Chapter 13: What is real?
Chapter 14: I didn't know
Chapter 16: How do they do it?
Chapter 17: An unbeating heart
Chapter 18: Am I ready?
Chapter 19: What could have been...
Chapter 20: Buying a bed
Chapter 21: Won't be a part
Chapter 22: The birth
Chapter 23: Screaming
Chapter 24: The guest list
Chapter 25: So cute
Chapter 26: Telling Annie
Chapter 27: Arrival
Chapter 28: Effie's news
Chapter 29: Buttercup
Chapter 30: More thoughts
Chapter 31: Stupid Haymitch!
Chapter 32: Haymitch confess
Chapter 33: Silly Katniss
Chapter 34: Stress
Chapter 35: The dress
Chapter 36: Another surprise
Chapter 37: Happy birthday Peeta!
Chapter 38: Birthday present
Chapter 39: Felice news
Chapter 40: Tell him!
Chapter 41: I'm pregnant
Chapter 42: Plans
Chapter 43: High thoughts
Chapter 44: Painting
Chapter 45: Family
Chapter 46: Scared
Chapter 47: News
Chapter 48: Flashback. Again
Chapter 49: Caesar
Chapter 50: Who is he?
Chapter 51: The ghost
Chapter 52: What's time?
Chapter 53: Guess what
Chapter 54: L-O-V-E
Chapter 55: Missing you
Chapter 56: Need to find out
Chapter 57: Angry Finn
Chapter 58: She needs us
Chapter 59: Taking care of everyone
Chapter 60: My fault
Chapter 61: Empty
Chapter 62: A harsh Haymitch
Chapter 63: The funeral
Chapter 64: Why?
Chapter 65: Breaking bones
Chapter 66: What is this?
Chapter 67: Hospital
Chapter 68: Happy endings
Epilogue
Playlist

Chapter 15: I love you!

4.2K 125 44
By JosephineMichelleC

Chapter 15

-Willow-

"What is she going to tell him?" Sunny asks.

"I don't know, you interrupted me", I say, smiling.

"I would've liked to see that performance", Rye says. "In the interview, and why did Mama ignore Papa?"

Hm... Yeah I thought about that one too, before I read this last chapter.

"Because she loves him, but she thinks that he deserves someone better than Mama", I say.

"Papa almost killed himself", Sunny whispers with her hand on her big belly.

Yeah. He banged his head into the wall. And what it looks like, he did it pretty hard as well.

"Was he insane?" Sunny asks.

"No!" I say. "No didn't you hear Sunny? Okay listen here!"

I put my finger on the page and I turn the pages and looking for the one where they explain.

And then I find it.

"He didn't try to kill himself Katniss, Haymitch says. He tried to resist a flashback, he didn't want to hurt you, he probably did that because you two were alone", I read aloud. "You hear, Papa was just trying to protect Mama, he knew that he could do something if the flashback hit him, and he would rather hurt himself on purpose to avoid hurting Mama by accident. That's love Sunny, don't you get that?"

"Yeah, but still, I feel so bad for them, why did they have to go through all of that?" Sunny asks.

"Sunny we aren't done yet, something good might happen, and besides it already did, Mama met Aunt Felice for the very first time", Rye says.

"Yeah that's true", Sunny says.

The front door opens, and the children walks through. Mine and Hunters children are the eldest, so they picked up the younger once.

"Hey mom", Peeta Jr says, holding little Annie's hand.

Annie runs up to Rye and jumps up in his arms.

"Hey sweetie", He says.

"What are you doing mom?" Julie asks, sitting down in Hunters lap.

"We're reading a book about your grandparents", I tell her.

"Really?" She asks.

"Yeah, they wrote it themselves", I say. "Wanna listen?"

"Yes!" They all shout.

"Okay, I'll continue", I say, and go back to the page where my thumb is.

"Yes, finally", Hunter says.

"You like this book huh?" Rye asks slyly.

"Well dah, of course", Hunter says.

I laugh.

Now I continue to read, we're now, on chapter fifteen.

-Katniss-

I run and run.

I don't stop until I find Peetas room.

I crash through the door.

"Peeta! I need to talk to you!" I pant.

But I look around and realize that I'm not in Peetas room.

My eyes widen.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry, I'm gonna go now", I say and feel my cheeks heat up.

I walk out and close the door.

God how embarrassing. I can't believe I just did that.

I walk up to the next door right beside.

I open the door very carefully and just peek inside the room. Peeta and Haymitch are there. Right room this time.

I sigh and walk in.

"What have you done?" Haymitch asks. "You look panicking".

I tell them about my embarrassing moment and Haymitch just roar in laugher. Peeta on the other hand smiles. But only halfhearted. He must be angry with me for just running off like that.

I tell them about the woman Felice, her father and the story he told me. Haymitch doesn't laugh anymore.

"So he knew your father?" He asks.

"Yeah", I say. "I didn't believe him at first, but than he told me about the lake and my dad and I were the only once that knew about the lake".

"Life is full of surprises", Peeta says.

He's really down. Have I caused Peeta to be this depressed?

"Peeta..." I say but he interrupts me.

"I know what you're gonna say Katniss, so don't", he says. "Just leave it okay, I'm fine".

"No your not, stop lying to yourself Peeta", Haymitch says rolling his eyes.

Peeta gives him a death glare.

"Out!" He says pointing on the door. "Both of you".

Oh no. He really is mad at me.

"Peeta..." I say, looking at him.

"Don't Katniss, please just, go", he say looking away.

Tears starts to flow down my eyes.

Haymitch puts a hand on my shoulder, looking at me with pity eyes.

I walk out with him.

"What am I going to do Haymitch?" I ask when we're out of the hospital. "He hates me, he really hates me, what am I gonna do?

"Tell him?"

"He doesn't wanna talk to me", I say.

"So talk to him when he comes home", Haymitch says.

Yeah. I need to do that. Peeta needs to know how I feel about him. My true feelings.

***

I don't get much sleep this night. My nightmares keeps waking me up. And the time I'm awake aren't much more peaceful, because the only thing I'm thinking about is Peeta.

I wake up the for like the fifth time now, feeling that someone's licking my face. Buttercup. He must be tired of hearing my screams.

"Hey Buttecup", I say and he lays down on the pillow beside my pillow.

Soon Buttercup starts snoring, and I smile to myself. I wish I could be as peaceful and careless as Buttercup. But I can't, because he's a cat and I'm a human. Human life is much more complicated than cat life.

I close my eyes and try to sleep again. But I can't, I'm not even tired anymore, and it can be because of the fact that I'm afraid of falling asleep. I know what's gonna happen, and I don't want that. I don't want to allow the nightmares in my head, and if I'm awake they can't get to me.

I look at the clock. It's morning anyway, so I might as well get up.

I walk down to the kitchen.

I've told Greasy Sae that she doesn't need to cook for me anymore, that I can do it myself. But this morning I just don't want to eat anything. The only thing I want is Peeta.

I look out of the window and see Peeta walking up the road.

"Peeta..." I whisper.

I run up to the front door, pulls it open and run out. I don't even care that I'm only in my red lace nightgown.

"Peeta!" I yell the loudest I can.

He stops and turns around.

I run up to him and jump up in his arms. I expect him drop me on purpose. I wouldn't blame him. But he doesn't. I don't trust him though, so I lock my legs around his waist before hugging him.

Tears starts to flow down my cheeks.

"Peeta now you're gonna listen to me", I say between my tears. "You have all right to be angry at me, but I really wish that you can forgive me, because the truth is..." My worlds gets drowned by my tears. I pull myself together and stop crying. "The truth is that ... I love you, Peeta", I say. "I love you with all my heart".

Peeta doesn't say anything. He only looks at me, as if to figure out if I'm lying. But I guess that he realized that I'm not.

He smiles.

"I love you too Katniss", he says. "You have no idea how much".

I let out a sigh but the tears flow down at the exact same moment.

I crash my lips onto his.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

🖋1250✒️

YEY EVERLARK!!

Hehe how many of yous are happy that Everlark is finally together?

And if you're sad about ot because you think it's the end of the drama, I can assure you that the drama has only begun. I'm not kidding with you right now ;)

Please vote and comment to tell me what you guys thought about this chapter :)

I really wanna know what you guys think, because your comments makes me grow as an author :D

-Josephine xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 217 28
*5 years post rebellion* Katniss' life falls apart piece by piece as she struggle to accept that she cant do anything about it. while in the capitol...
9.1K 161 11
Peeta's and Katniss' life after the uprising. Do they get their happily ever after? *** "You don't see it do you?" He pauses and brushes some of my...
10.8K 412 28
Katniss is homeless. Ever since her family has died, she has struggled to find a job and a way to get money. She doesn't even have relatives. One of...
31K 124 25
It's been 3 years after the war, Peeta and Katniss are dating. Peeta wants kids but Katniss doesn't. Will Katniss cave and give Peeta his dream that...