Fire and Flame [Iroh II x OC]

By maheenasai

A story of a young Iroh who works hard to become the General of the United Forces. Being busy with his career... More

Chapter 1: The Re-meeting
Chapter 2: Not too posh to push
Chapter 3: The Order of the White Lotus meets the United Forces
Chapter 4: Forever alone
Chapter 5: Weird feelings
Chapter 6: Danger ahead!
Chapter 7: The Dead Man's Cave
Chapter 8: What mistake?
Chapter 9: Traitor
Chapter 10: Trapped
Chapter 11: Truth revealed
Chapter 12: Freedom vs Racism
Chapter 13: Farewell
Chapter 14: Return
Chapter 15: Old friends
Chapter 16: Final choice
Chapter 17: Confusing situations
Chapter 18: Homesickness
Chapter 19: Mysterious voices
Chapter 20: Yue Festival
Chapter 21: Voices of the Ocean
Chapter 22: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 23: Dragon's Flame
Chapter 24: Moonlight
Chapter 25: Love the way you lie
Chapter 26: Loving you
Chapter 27: Two sides of a coin
Chapter 28: Complications
Chapter 29: Wanted
Chapter 30: Can't keep my hands from you
Chapter 31: Nighmares
Chapter 32: The Dragon's cave
Chapter 33: Hold my hand
Chapter 34: In sickness and health
Chapter 35: Heart wants what it wants
Chapter 36: Failure
Chapter 37: Back to life
Chapter 38: Differences
Chapter 39: Kill'em with kindness
Chapter 40: Forgiveness
Chapter 41: Let it burn
Chapter 42: Mother's love
Chapter 43: Life or death
Chapter 44: Twofaced
Chapter 45: The dragon's kiss
Chapter 46: Earth Queen and Councillors
Chapter 47: Colours of life
Chapter 49: Speeding cars
Chapter 50: Diamonds
Chapter 51: Dragon's decision
Chapter 52: Reconciliation
Chapter 53: A son's first hero
Chapter 54: Fear
Chapter 55: Daddy's little girl
Chapter 56: Underground Village
Chapter 57: A ray of sunshine
Chapter 58: Justice League
Chapter 59: Chances
Chapter 60: A new member
Chapter 61: A family dinner
Chapter 62: The fallen hero
Chapter 63: The traitor among us
Chapter 64: Memories
Chapter 65: Dragon's failure
Chapter 66: Dragon's mercy
Chapter 67: A perfect day
Chapter 68: Signs
Chapter 69: The old wise man
Chapter 70: Harmonic Convergence
Chapter 71: Light in the dark
Chapter 72: Fate
Chapter 73: The Unagi
Chapter 74: Kyoshi Island
Chapter 75: Forgotten past
Chapter 76: Differences
Chapter 77: Sacrifices
Chapter 78: Awareness
Chapter 79: Built for the abuse
Chapter 80: Black and Blue
Chapter 81: Whem dreams come true
Chapter 82: Dear Zindagi
Chapter 83: Unexpected guests
Chapter 84: Confessions
Chapter 85: The second chance
Chapter 86: The trial
Chapter 87: Faded
Chapter 88: Changes
Chapter 89: A perfect lie
Chapter 90: Rogue

Chapter 48: In this together

2.7K 51 19
By maheenasai

Iroh's P.O.V

I didn't expect Saira to become pregnant, but it had to happen and I knew it was my fault since she was completely against having ***. But it was not easy to keep my hands from her, even now. The next problem was that Saira had a constant morning sickness, that was dangerous for the baby. Saira was still depressed about her situation. She didn't know what to do, neither did I. Her mother would not help her, as far as she assured me, since Lady Kushina was very religious and it was a sin to become pregnant before marriage. And she dared me to tell anyone about it.

"I have an idea."

"Really?", she asked me, still looking desperate.

"We could move out of Republic City. To the countryside. Where you have your peace."

"Iroh, I still have to work."

"I will make sure you get vacation."

"And then? Iroh it's not like I can hide our child. It wouldn't matter when you were just a commoner. But it's your baby, Iroh. And unfortunately you are next to the throne. You are well known and because of you, I'm too. Don't you think someone will notice? I'm in my fourth month and you told me, that I put on weight. Just imagine the other months."

"Once again. We could ask your or my mother for help."

"Don't even think of that. Both of them would kill for honour."

"I don't think they would do that."

"Of course they would, Iroh. You know what?"

"Please."

"Why don't we just break up? I would vanish and you still would have your pride, so at least one of us would keep their honour."

I ran my hand through my hair. I knew Saira was afraid of her mother, afraid she would disappoint her. But this was not the right decision.

"I don't care about my honour, Saira, I have enough of it. And I can't let you alone, I won't because you two are my responsibility. We are in  this together."

"Or I let my face change by Koh."

"No.", I said stroking her thigh,"I already found a nice place to stay when I was in the Earth Kingdom. After Tenzin's wedding we will move there."

She let out a shaky breath and nodded. I could tell, she was still concerned.

"Okay. I think I should change now, since we have to be at the wedding in two hours."

"Alright.", I said placing a kiss on her temple and followed her upstairs.

As she took off her top, I could see the small curve developing. If someone didn't know Saira, he or she would think that she has just eaten a bit much. I stood behind her, my hands placed on her bump and my chin on her shoulder. Saira placed her hands on mine and looked at us in the mirror, with a smile on her beautiful face.

"What do you think is it going to be?", I asked.

"Healthy.", she answered and turned around. Her eyes reflected love, satisfaction and happiness.

She pressed her lips against mine and pulled me a bit down to wrap her arms around my neck.

"I think it's time for both us to get dressed now, Iroh. There is a suit in the wardrobe, please put it on."

I did as she said and opened the wardrobe. The suit was typical black. As Saira walked out the bathroom, she looked stunning. She let her hair open and wore a loose dress, that would hide the bump.

I couldn't tell if her dress was silver or rosy because it looked different in light. But it was too long for her. When she put on her shoes, I understood why.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing...why do you ask?"

"You kook like you plan to kill someone."

Saira burst out in laughs at my statement.

"No, I'm not. I'm just not feeling well, I'm not doing this face on purpose."

"If you don't want to attend the wedding, we don't have to."

"No, I'm fine, Iroh."

"If you say so. I think it's time to leave."

She nodded and I offered her an arm, which she gladly accepted.

"I still don't get how you can walk with these. Even now."

"As I already told you my beloved Iroh, it's a gifted talent."

Saira's P.O.V

I was exhausted and to be honest, I didn't want to attend the wedding. But Tenzin was a good friend so I didn't want to miss out anything. It was my duty as friend to attend his wedding. At the beginning, when I became councillor, he helped me a lot and showed me how things worked out.

Soon Iroh and I reached the harbour, where the boat was waiting for the guests. As Iroh and I stepped on the boat, it deported. A few minutes later, we reached Airtemple Island.I gasped when I stepped off the boat. The decoration was just breathtaking. I couldn't wait to see Pema. To be honest, I wasn't that fascinated about Pema. I liked Lin more and only god knows, why Tenzin broke up with Lin. But I never asked Tenzin, since it was very personal. For me, it looked like he had left Lin for Pema, but as I already said, only god knows what happened.
Among the guests, several familiar faces were present. As well as Lin.

"Good evening, Chief Beifong."

"Good evening, Councillor Saira. It's nice to see you here."

"Thank you, the pleasure is on my side. How are you doing with the with the new processes?"

"It's quite exhausting, the criminals won't say anything."

"And Amon? Have you found him?"

"Unfortunately no. But he keeps getting stronger. Aren't you afraid?"

"Why should I?"

"You are a very popular target, you know, since you are the councillor who interacts with the police and United Forces the most."

"I'm just doing my job, Lin. And it's important to keep the relations to the police and United Forces. They are the reasons why there is peace in Republic City and in the world."

"You'll get very far with your ideology. The other councillors didn't achieve that much as you did the past few years."

"Thank you, I really appreciate that. Look, the bride is coming."

Pema walked down the aisle with a nice dress and well done hair. Tenzin was already waiting for her. The priest started the wedding ceremony but I didn't pay attention that much. I was thinkin about Tenzin and Pema's age gap. Iroh and I had an age difference of four years and I was always teasing him because of that. But Tenzin was so much older than her and Pema was just twenty-four. Lin was around the same age as Tenzin.
Suddenly everyone clapped and I realized that the couple kissed. We were told that it was time for dinner. Iroh grabbed my hand and dragged me into a corner.

"How is Baby Fire Nation doing?"

"I think he or she is fine."

"You should eat something Saira."

"If you want to see the food, I've eaten again, then sure."

"Saira you can't starve like this. It's not good for you, neither for the baby."

"I know.", I sighed, placing my hand on his cheek,"Let's go."

He pecked my lips and wrapped his arm around my waist.
The smile on my face got bigger when I saw Urmi.
Iroh was surprised that Urmi and I got along with each other but he was happy about it since Urmi was his childhood friend. He asked me to sit while he would bring the dishes from the buffet. As I waited, another familiar face appeared. But this time, I wasn't happy to see the person. It was Katrina.

"Amused?"

"As you can see, yes. How did you get in, Katrina?"

"Lao is a friend of Pema's family."

"I understand."

"You are alone?"

"I'm waiting for Iroh and Urmi."

"Didn't they take you along? Aw, I'm so sorry."

"Actually, I'm glad that I'm here, otherwise you wouldn't have found me and I wouldn't be amused by your ego. It's funny to see how you humiliate yourself in front me, thinking that I care."

"You do care about what I said. Otherwise you wouldn't be afraid."

"Afraid of what? I trust Iroh completely. That's one of the differences between us, Katrina. I never doubted him, I always trusted him and I will always continue with doing so."

Katrina was about to say something but she was interrupted by Urmi, who was behind her. Katrina snorted and walked away.

"What's her problem?"

"I don't know."

"I still don't get why Iroh dated her."

"I can't believe that he left you for Katrina, Urmi."

"Iroh and I are childhood friends. There was always this siblings boundary. And one day it became more. But I think Iroh realized it and wanted us stay friends. But after our relationship, he never showed up or talked to me. He has kinda cut off all lines. Until now. Today was the first day he has talked to me again."

"It's sad."

"You could say so."

Our convention was interrupted by Iroh. He brought our plates and got himself seated next to me. As he placed the plate in front of me, my eyes widened. The amount of food that was on the plate was enough for a whole army.

"Saira? You look pale."

"I know, Urmi. If you would excuse me."

I stood up and went to the bathroom, followed by Iroh.

"You should have stood with Urmi."

"I was worried."

"I'm pregnant Iroh, I'm not dying. I can go to the bathroom alone too.", I said washing my hands.

I knew I was grumpy at the moment and that Iroh only wanted the best for me but right now I just wanted to have my peace. I was in a bad mood anyway because I couldn't eat without throwing up again and I was hungry as hell.

Smile Saira, smile. You are a fighter, you won't let your sickness to take over.

No, I won't.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 3.9K 84
PLEASE READ. So, this is the story that I mentioned in chapter seventy-two of my first LoK story. Alot of you seemed to like the idea, so here it is...
15.7K 446 9
You are Bolin's twin and the youngest sibling by 13 minutes. Somehow you got the fire bender gene while your twin got the earth bending one. Your bro...
127K 3.6K 87
WARNING- LONG CHAPTERS, BUT WORTH THE READ ↓↓↓ She was the younger sister, but she was taught to look after her older sister and keep her safe. Her w...
198K 7.1K 35
The Fire Nation has been in a period of peace for years. Benevolent leaders have risen, rulers who care more about the people than their own interest...