Pure Happiness

By lovely_me74

In which, The Original Hybrid falls for a banshee with a big heart. Credit for the plot goes to @sadtears- More

Trailer
Extended Summary
Epigraph
00 • Prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
New Years Contest
New Years Contest Winner!
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63

15

32.7K 809 251
By lovely_me74

Previously on Pure Happiness

"He knows what he did was wrong and he regrets it," Beth said to her as both girls looked at Damon as he walked away.

"If only it was that easy," the brunette said before getting up and joining the rest of the group.

~~~

Almost two days had passed since the sacrifice and while the Mystic Falls gang mourned others were celebrating.

Klaus Mikaelson had spent the last few days as a wolf, creating a mess for his brother to clean up.

He woke, naked in the forest, and looked around in awe with a smile on his face as he remembered everything that had happened the days he had spent as a wolf. He was so occupied with his memories that he didn't seem to notice that his dark haired, older brother was there. It wasn't until Elijah threw him some clothes that Klaus was brought out of his thoughts.

"You've been busy," the older original remarked as his brother turned to look at him.

"That was amazing. How long has it been?" Klaus asked as he began to get into the clothes that Elijah had thrown.

"Almost two days. Full moon came and went. You remained a wolf."

"I can change at will, then. It's good to know. I remember everything," Klaus said as if in a daze after he had fully changed.

"Yes. I've been cleaning up your little mess along the way."

"I don't mean just my kills, Elijah. I saw Beth."

"Beth?" Elijah asked alarmed hoping that his brother hadn't hurt the young girl.

"Yes. She was the first person I encountered as a wolf," Klaus stopped for a second when he saw the concern look on his brother's face, "I didn't hurt her, Elijah. But I was ready to attack before I had seen who it was. Once I made eye contact with her... I couldn't. She somehow recognized me."

Elijah looked at him strangely. The man was a little surprised that his brother had held back. But then again, he himself had looked into the girl's eyes. And once you did, you could see her light, and it made you afraid to hurt her but he didn't think this would also apply for his brother.

"I wasn't aware you knew of the girl, let alone that you are fond of her," he commented.

"It's hard not to be fond of someone like her," Klaus breathed out.

~~~

Beth had gotten up that morning to a note on the kitchen table from her father. It read, Sorry Beth. There's an emergency at work and have to fly out to California. I'll see you in 2 weeks.

The strawberry blonde sighed as she put the note down on the table and grabbed her keys before heading out. Caroline had woken her earlier telling her to go watch Gone With the Wind at the town square with Elena, Jeremy, and herself so that was what she was going to do.

Once she got out of her car, Beth saw Jeremy and Elena setting a picnic blanket down so she hurried to join them just as Caroline came over to her with picnic baskets in her hands.

"Beth. I'm glad you're here. If anybody can help Jeremy and Elena feel even the tiniest bit better it's you," Caroline said truthfully as her and the strawberry blonde walked towards their friends.

"Who's hungry?" The blonde asked as she put the baskets on the blanket where the Elena was sitting.

"Are we really doing this?" The younger boy asked still refusing to sit.

"Yes, we are really doing this. We are going to take a page from Scarlett. We made it through the war," Caroline stated as she kneeled onto the blanket along with Beth. "I know you guys went through hell, Beth was trapped in the tomb by some unknown person, and my mom knows I am a vampire, so basically it's like Atlanta has burned. And yet, in spite of everything, we persevere."

"Caroline's right. Yes, we've lost some people but we are still here and if we don't have these moments what's the point of having survived?" Beth asked rhetorically.

"All right," Jeremy surrender sitting down with the rest of the group. "What are we eating?"

"Something good," Caroline chimed.

~~~

The day had been simple for the group of four at the town square. And only one seemed to have the feeling that it had been too simple.

Yes, Beth had been enjoying the movie and being with her friends without having some threat but there was something that wasn't right. There was something strange going on and a word that she could not understand had been whispered repeatedly throughout the day, she just couldn't put her finger on it.

And when Stefan approached her and Elena, Beth knew that she had been right. Something was going on. But of course the rest of the group did not have the same thoughts.

"Hey," Stefan said as with a straight face.

"Hey! Look who couldn't resist an epic romance," the doe eyed girl joked sitting on the blanket as Beth got up and simply said, "Hi."

"Will you two come take a walk with me?" Elena gave him a confused look but nodded before getting up.

"I'm breaking the rules, you know. Movie night's supposed to be a distraction. Tomorrow we can return to our regularly scheduled drama," she said as the three began to walk. 

"I know. I wish this could wait, but it can't. Listen, um, the other night when Damon was helping Tyler, something happened. Tyler was starting to transform, and Damon was bitten," Stefan finally divulged and as he did the single whisper in Beth's mind became louder.

Elena's eyed widened, "What? Is it...is he gonna..."

"Yeah," he nodded. And as they talked neither one of the two noticed Beth's struggle to understand the message that had been trying to get through her all day.

"Oh, my God. And he came to the house this morning and...and tried to apologize. I practically slammed the door in his face."

"He told me not to tell you, but I figured if you wanted to talk to him, I...I wouldn't wait."

"Stefan..."

"It's not over," Stefan started but stopped once Beth's groan of pain was heard. "Beth, what's wrong? Beth? you okay?" he asked in panic as the strawberry blonde clutched the sides of her head.

"You're going to Klaus, aren't you? He has the cure," Beth said between heavy breaths.

"Yeah. Bonnie did a seance, and she heard the witches say Klaus. So we suspected he had the cure, and now that you said it, I have no doubt," Stefan confirmed.

"Stefan you can't. He will kill you!" Elena exclaimed.

"No, he had the chance to kill me, but he didn't. Whatever Damon's done, whatever has led him here, I'm the one that made him become a vampire in the first place, so if there's a chance for a cure, I owe it to him to find it."

"Stefan, I can help. Let me go with you."

"No. I could never put you in that kind of danger, Beth," Stefan said, completely rejecting the girl's suggestion.

"Stefan, she's right. If anybody can convince Klaus to let you live and to help Damon too, it's Beth," Elena said truthfully but Stefan shook his head once more. "Stefan, you know it's true."

The brooding vampire took a deep breath before finally agreeing to what he knew would actually help his case with the newly turned hybrid. "Okay. Let's go." But before they left, Elena pulled him into a hug.

And as they started to walk off Beth turned around, "Elena, go talk to him." The doppelganger nodded at the strawberry blonde before Stefan sped them away.

~~~

Seconds later, Stefan and Beth arrived outside Alaric's apartment where they suspected Klaus was. They both walked in and saw Katherine Pierce sitting on the bed. "Hello, Katherine," Stefan greeted.

She instantly gets up as a displeased expression comes onto her face,."Two days, I've been waiting. I'm supposed to be free of Klaus' compulsion by now. He's supposed to be dead!" the doppelganger exclaimed.

"We ran into complications," Stefan said vaguely.

"Complications?"

"Kat, the point is, it didn't happen. We need to find Klaus. Do you know where he is?" Beth said interrupting their conversation. Katherine then pushed both Beth and Stefan into the wall, motioning them to be quiet. And right then Elijah and Klaus both walk into the apartment.

"Klaus, you're back. Look, who decided to come for a visit," Katherine announced.

"Stefan, you just keep popping up, don't you?" Klaus asked not bothering to mention the girl by his side.

"I need your help... For my brother," Stefan explained.

"Well, whatever it is, it's gonna have to wait a tick. You see, I have an obligation to my brother that requires my immediate attention."

Elijah then looked over at Beth with a bit of regret in his eyes, "I am sorry for not going through with it."

"It's okay, Elijah. I understand. I don't think I ever actually thought you would do it."

The chocolate brown eyed original then turned to Stefan, "You understand how important family is, or you wouldn't be here. My brother gave me his word that he would reunite me with my own."

"And so I shall," The hybrid turning back to face his brother before he plunged the silver dagger into his heart. Beth gasped as Elijah's body turned gray and veins appeared throughout his body and before she could fully process it, Klaus had Stefan against the wall.

"Now what am I going to do with you?" Klaus asked mockingly before putting a stake through Stefan's chest excruciatingly close to his heart. "Do you feel that? It's scraping against your heart. The slightest movement and you're dead."

"Klaus. Don't. Please, don't. We are just trying to help his brother. Damon was bit by a werewolf. I heard you had the cure to werewolf bite. We're not just asking for a favor, we want to make a deal," Beth informed him trying to disguise the panic in her voice.

"I'll do whatever you want," Stefan groaned.

"Klaus," she said pleadingly before the hybrid surrendered and pulled the stake out of Stefan's chest.

"Thank you," Beth breathed out as the vampire fell to the floor.

"Now that I think about it, you could be quite useful. With your death senser and what not," Klaus said to the girl in front of him. "After all, that is why I had to stick you in the tomb, the night of the sacrifice. You could have warned your friends. And I just couldn't have that."

"You were the one who did that?" she asked.

"My witch, Gretta, to be exact," he smirked before going to the previous topic. "But you," he said turning to look at Stefan, "I don't know if you'd be any good to me the way you are now. You are just shy of useless."

~~~

Next time on Pure Happiness

"You already have me, so let her go," Stefan demanded.

"You see, I agreed to a deal that included her and her supernatural death detector so if you want the cure for your brother, that's not going to happen."

~~~

Author's Note

Oh my god, it's been forever and I am sorry but I was really busy. And I'm not going to lie, I will probably continue to be for the next two weeks because finals are coming up but I will definitely try my best to update and if I can't I will work to update extra during my winter break. Thank you for being so patient. I hoped you guys enjoyed the chapter.

Question: If this wasn't a Klaus story, who would you ship Beth with?

I hope some of you answer the question anyway thanks for reading. Don't forget to vote!

Much love,

Natalie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 216 15
Where the Salvatore sister becomes hooked on the fascination of the big bad hybrid. Where she can't stand how her brothers are obsessed over elena Gi...
2.2K 84 11
In which four strangers are brought to the tvd world together after an unfortunate accident costs their lives. Will they survive in a world where po...
12.7K 207 23
You read the title right?? I'll leave the rest to your imagination:) This is an avengers fanfiction but I might mention the originals or something i...
2.2M 67.9K 39
❝ You're cute! ❞ ❝ I AM NOT BLOODY CUTE. I'M KLAUS MIKAELSON, THE ORIGINAL HYBRID ❞ in which klaus mikaelson meets his match. [ editing ] [ season tw...