Bending or Breaking (S05 Liam...

By Love-N-Live

Six months after Mexico life seemed to be great for Phoebe. Her werewolf boyfriend was sweet, her friends and... More

Regression To The Mean
Theo
Imagined
Werewolf Tracy, Not Friend
Working With Brett
Masked Men
Emotional Wreck
Cursed Book - Part 1
Cursed Book - Part 2
Heartbreak Is Different To Pain
Science Experiments
All I Need
Running Or Staying
No More
Death
The Changing
Control
Anchors And Symbols
Demon Wolf
The Hellhound And The Beast
Horrible Realisations
Planning Eichen Escape
Escape From Eichen - Part 1
Escape From Eichen - Part 2
Escape From Eichen - Part 3
Escape From Eichen - Part 4
Frequency
Revealed
Origins
Blood Doesnt Always Mean Family
The man of Gévaudan
Submitted
Freed

The Murder Game

372 9 0
By Love-N-Live

Scott, Stiles and I found out that the coach of the team can be the one to cancel the game, so we're at the door to the rehabilitation centre that Coach has been in for the last seven months.

The boys were looking through the window to try and find the coach. Rolling my eyes I pulled Stiles out of the way and walked right into the room, smelling his scent instantly and following it to the lounge at the front of the room.

He was sitting up and not blinking, just staring at the ceiling. "What is he doing?" Asked Stiles. "What?"

"Hey coach," Scott said as he and Stiles sat on either side of the man while I pulled up a small wooden chair and sat in front of the three. "It's Scott, Stiles and Phoebe." No response.

Stiles waved a hand over the mans face and still nothing. "Coach, your in rehab you didn't have lobotomy." I said "Coach?" Still nothing.

Stiles reached out to touch a game of checkers and Coach stopped him. "Don't you touch it. I have Nurse Gonsolis by the balls the last three moves." He said sitting up and laughing. "And she knows it."

"Ok go, you're checking out of this place right now." Stiles said and was shushed.

"Not a chance." Coach said.

"Ok Coach, we know you're fine." Scott said and he was shushed harder than Stiles making me laugh.

"I have a debilitating disease, it's called 'I'm not going to take another arrow to my stomach phobia,' look it up."  

"Coach no one is shooting arrows okay, these two just need you to Coach the charity game." I said and the three of them turned to me, obviously forgetting I'm here.

"Jackson?"

"Yes."

"Charity, not a chance."

"Okay then, how have you been conning them into letting you stay here?" Stiles asked.

"I have relapses, it's serious, I've had seven of them." He looked so unbelievable it made me shake my head.

"Once a month."

"Every time they're just about to release me, I relapse."

"No ones noticed that pattern?"

"I have phenomenal health insurance. So why don't you guys get the hell outta here, I hate charity games. They're meaningless."

"I don't think the charities would agree." I said in a disbelieving voice.

"What's it for this year?" He asks.

"Cancer." We all said together.

"For or against?"

"Against, Coach deeply against." Stiles and I said.

"Yeah, well I'm deeply not interested." He made gestures for us to rack off.

"Coach, we need you." Scott said.

"I will never coach there again." He said.

"Well that's ok because we don't need you to coach." He looked at us confused by what I just said. "We need you to forfeit." He sat in silence before agreeing.

Night had fallen and the weather had dropped to freezing. I ducked home to the loft to get my black leather Faux jacket. I walked along the field a watched as the News vans set up the transmission. The Prep school kids walked off the bus and I saw Brett. He stared at me and I nodded, he did the same.

I walked into a science lab, Scott, Kira, Mason, Stiles and Liam already there going over the plan. "Okay Mason you know your part?" Scott asked as I moved behind my two best friends, Mason and Liam.

"Corey and I break into the Devenford bus and search the shoes." He answers as I squeeze his shoulder reassuring him.

"And I take out the TV vans," Malia said.

"Right before the whistle, coach forfeits the game." Stiles tells us as a feeling sweeps over me, a feeling of death.

"The rest of us are looking for a size ten shoe with a bloody sole." I turn and face the window not liking the feeling.

"Just out of curiosity, what if it doesn't work?" I ask and everyone faces me. "What if we have to go up against this thing?"

"And I hate to bring up bad memories but Scotts still healing from what Theo did to him." Malia said.

"No, he's not." Kira said shocking us all.

Scott lifted his shirt and we all saw a toned torso. "She's right, it happened the night we got Lydia out of Eichen house." He dropped his shirt and a smile shone on his face. "I healed, when we were all together again. When we were a pack."

"The beast doesn't have a pack." Liam stated as he took my hand.

"Not like us." I finished.

"We can do this guys, no one dies tonight." Scott said and I had a bad feeling he was wrong.

I stood near the stands of the lacrosse field waiting for coach to forfeit the game. I watched as stiles walked up to coach and they exchanged a few words before coach blew the whistle for the game to start.

"Oh boy." I said and went to Brett's sister to help her find blood on a shoe. I looked at the Devenford bus as Corey breaks the door and Mason walks in. Corey and I nod before he disappears inside the bus as well.

I turned to the field and saw Kira take out four of the opposition before scoring a goal. She turned to face me and her eyes went orange. "We have a problem." I said as my eyes shimmered green. I can get along with Kira but with her not in control things will get ugly. Jaguars and Foxes don't get along.

Kira took out another two Devenford players, without the ball as Brett's sister and I checked the shoes. "Go with the backup plan!" I screamed and Liam turned to me and nodded.

Scott and Brett exchanged a nod before playing the game and Brett took out Kira. The whistle blew and Brett turned back to Kira. "Not so tough now are you?"

Kira turned around and slammed the lacrosse stick across Brett's face, sending his helmet flying and causing her to be sent off the field. Brett's sister followed Kira to the school.

I stayed and focused on the task only to have Liam's scream till my ears. Running to the side of the field I watched as Scott helped Liam to his feet. I turned to see Hayden watching on with worry as well. I watched as she listened to Scott and Liam.

"We're getting crushed." Liam said.

"It's ok, all we have to do is give the others enough time. Like I said, no ones getting hurt, except for us." She looked sad as she met my eyes.

I heard Kira and Brett's sister fighting causing panic to make its way through my body. Scott turned to me and nodded. I nodded back and took off to help the young blonde. I found them in the Girls Locker Room fighting with lacrosse sticks.

Growling Kira turned to face me and I nodded to the young blonde to back away. "A jaguar," she said in Japanese "come to die like the others of your kind?" I gripped my fist to keep the claws at bay.

"No," I said in Japanese as well, thanks to my memories, "I've come to save a friend." With that we fought with broken Lacrosse sticks and skill. We landed hits on each other until Brett's sister got involved and then we both ended on our butts in the hall. Scott came and she through him to the ground as well.

I knew we were gonna lose unless Scott got through to her. "Scott get through to her, you're the only one who can. Something going to happen I have to go." He nodded and I left to go up to Liam just as time was called.

I ran to Liam who was moving to the bench. I ran and hugged him, "oh my god, your okay." I said as he returned the hug.

"Yeah, I'm okay. What about you? How's Kira?" I pulled back and shrugged.

"I don't know, Scott's getting through to her but Liam something going to happen I can feel it-." Just then Hayden touched my arm and I turned and smiled.

"Hey," she said. "I'm with you." I looked at Liam then back again.

"What?"

"I'm with you, all of you." She said and I couldn't think of anything to say so Liam stepped in.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because you're right about Scott. And whatever happens next, I want to be with you guys, my friends." It was a no brainer reaching out and hugging her, she was the sister I never had.

Before I let her go as she whispered in my ear. "I will give you a minute with him." She smiled at me as she turned and headed back to the stands. I turned to Liam but he was already kissing me softly.

I reached up and ran my fingers in his soft, but sweaty hair. The whistle blew all to soon and Liam had to pull away and look around just to make sure. He got his helmet and ran out on the field. "Don't worry, he's going to be fine." Hayden said beside me.

"I don't know, somethings wrong. Somethings very very wrong." She pulled me away and to the stands where we watched as Liam slowly even upped the score. Hayden, Sydney and I stood up and cheered for him, screaming his name. Suddenly an ear pearling sounded screeched across the field.

"What was that?" Sydney asked and Hayden had a look of horror.

"Something bad." She said.

"Very bad." I added as Liam took off his helmet. A roar rose from behind he buses and I knew the Beast was here. Liam ran at the noise and I screamed. "Liam! Liam wait!" But it was to late, the beast jumped over the bus and on top of Liam, scratching his chest.

My feeling, the feeling of death had come true. People, innocent people were going to die.

Comment
Vote
Rate

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 4.2K 30
Six months. That's how long Aspen has been at peace. It's how long she's been dating sweet, Beta Liam Dunbar. It's how long Scott and his pack have b...
39 1 14
Lost, without hope and without family, Austin's life turns upside down when he learns that werewolves exist after he sells himself to one of them is...
74.1K 2.4K 16
Starts during season six of Teen Wolf. How it should have gone 🌈 "What's your plan, Liam? It takes true strength to break through the barrier. There...
65.9K 911 56
Two people from Scott's past are back and they want Scott. Malia is getting territorial because of it. There are new pack member coming for protectio...