The Joke

By messyhoran

Niall Horan met Annie Tate in a restaurant. A simple, American girl who moved in London for a better luck. He... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37 (The ending part)
Epilogue
Author's Note

The Joke

423 19 2
By messyhoran

Prologue

Dear readers,

This is only a fan fiction and has nothing to do with the real Niall Horan and his personal life. Some things may get along with the real one because I want it to be as similar as possible, BUT this story is a fan fiction and only that.

Hope you like my work and have fun!

_________

Chapter 1

Niall's POV

"I'm ready Miranda" I tell my girlfriend.

Miranda is a beautiful model from Australia and she only came to England for my management, which paid her millions of dollars and continues to pay her every week to keep her mouth shut and act to be my girlfriend.

All started some months ago, when the lads and I had a tour in Australia. Modest is too clever that makes me wanna vomit. It is thought that I went to a party , met her and immediately fell in love. Jesus, it seems stupid to hear, but modest can make everything seem so perfectly normal. I hate it so fuckin much.

  I asked them once, who was going to believe that we had fell in love in a dance club as we never had met each other before. Everyone they said.

Is this happiness? Is this love? Well, I don't know. I would really love to fall for a girl, to experience what real love is, but not this way. This way isn't a real one, it's actually an acting career that needs to be praised with an Oscar. We're 'together' about 5 months and she thinks I've believed her lies. I bet if they had cut off her payment, she would have rejected me immediately. She just loves money and fame.

I can't do anything to stop this situation, it's too late. I'm one of the five modest's singerbots.

**

"I'm ready too." she comes beside me.

"So let's go" I coolly tell her.

"You're so cold." I see her frowns. " You're my boyfriend and you should compliment me a little at least as all boyfriends worldwide do so" she complains.

I don't feel like make her a compliment and all this shit she wants me to, but she won't shut up if I don't. I choose to shut her mouth up.

" Okay, you're gorgeous, always." I open the door and we head outside, where I've parked my car and where my bodyguards are waiting. I greet them, scolding our shoulders.

"Hey Niall, how are you doing, how's your stunning girl?" Paul asks me and I can see Miranda's huge smile.

Paul is a great man, I feel him like a member of my family. Him and the other security boyz.

" Fine boys, thank ya" I reply. I open the car door for Miranda and go to the driver's seat. Paul and George are accompanying us tonight. We're having dinner in an Italian restaurant, the one everyone's talking about. Hope it's good because I'm starving.

~~~~

An hour later, we arrived. Paparazzis learned about our arrival ..

I park my car and Paul with George wait us to get outside of it. I kill the engine and we get out of the car, holding hands , smiling, showing that we're so in love. We're going inside the restaurant, leaving the paps out in the freezing cold weather.

They're stuck on the windows,  trying to picture us. I dislike to be famous because wherever I go, I'm known.

The atmosphere is lovely here. The walls are painted light orange, the tables are wooden, vintage and everything is so simple, yet so warm and awesome. The smell of the food getting cooked from kitchen has given a tasty sense in the whole room. I'm starving yeah.

" Shall I take your order? " a brunette,  blue-eyed girl asked us.

"Sure,  well, we want four plates of Italian pasta and pesto sauce and a salad to accompany our meal." I order.  " A red wine also," I add.

" Umm you're sure you want four plates of pasta, I mean, only one for each of the sirs here.. is not enough?" the girl says and I burst into laughter in a couple of seconds. I can't stop. They laugh too.

Miranda looks at her with a weird look.

"Haven't you got work to do?  What the hell was that?! You're so rude! He is Niall Horan from One Direction , the biggest band in the world! I'm Miranda Hemms, model from Australia! You are a poor waitress and nothing else! " Miranda shouts at her.

She is over the limits. The girl disappears immediately.

"Are you serious?!" I try to control my anger. I shout at her enough to hear me.

" I supported them and you're mad! "

She can't be fucking serious.

" I have to remind you that I'm nothing but a boybander. I have to remind you that you're just a model and nothing else. I have to remind you that we're like them. Like all." I remind her , while I'm boiling inside.

" Hey dude, calm down, it's okay. We liked the joke and also it's not a good idea you two have an argument in this place,we're in public. You need to look happy,  in love and nothing's going on!"  Paul butts in.

Oh yeah, I forgot. We're so thrilled, so in love. We have to. Every second. Every minute. Everywhere.

" You have to learn how to respect." I tell her.

"Fine! Okay? Fine!" she replies and anger is recognizable on her face.

*******

It's time to leave. I need to go to find that girl and apologize for Miranda's attitude. She's nowhere to be found since she left from our table.

"Niall,  where are you going?" George asks.

" I'm coming, wait outside." I insist.

When I go closer the staff's door, the girl is coming out from her boss room or whatever.

" hey I'm-" her face is looking down the floor.. wait is she crying or..?

"Are you okay?" I ask her, hoping for a positive answer.

When she finally looks at me, her eyes are red.

" I'm sorry for being rude to you I didn't mean that I -"

Before she can finish, I speak.

" No, I'm sorry, we're sorry. Well, Miranda.. I don't know why she behaved that way. I'm so sorry." I apologize.

"It's..fine.." she says.  " I gotta go"

"Wait." I stop her. " Were you crying?" I ask.

" No" she lies.

"You're lying."

" I don't.."

"Why?" I know she was.

" Nice to meet you Niall." her answer is not what I expected.

" Please, can we talk?" I hope for a yes.

"Talk about what? Niall, I'm sorry, I have to go, I'm fired.."

What? Did she get fired because of Miranda?  No. I can't let this happen.

" You what?" I can't stand it.

" I got fired." she runs to the exit door and leaves the restaurant.

" Please meet me tomorrow at Starbucks down the street. You know it. At 9 am, please I'll fix everything." I plead.

"Okay..."

She agreed,  finally, she did. I can't describe how much angry I'm at Miranda. It was all her fault.

I'm heading to my car, thankfully the paps are gone, the road is almost empty due to the freezing cold temperature.

The drive is in a great silence, nobody speaks, but Miranda looks like wanna say something.

I want to scream at her so badly.

" Thank you guys" she says to Paul and George when we've arrived at my house.

"Night guys" I tell them.

Miranda got already inside. She avoids to talk to me, but we are gonna talk want it or not.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 2.9K 33
"Love is like a staircase, it has its ups and downs, sometimes twists and turns, but in the end, it puts us where we want to be." ~Anonymus Lore was...
97.8K 2.1K 31
To the average person, Juliette Carson had a good life. Typical job, came from a good family, nice friends, beloved boyfriend. Nothing out of the ord...
9.6K 1.1K 73
What will happen when Niall gets himself into trouble endangering his loved ones? Especially the one he cannot live without. Read the book to find ou...
86.1K 1.3K 54
[also please read note below] Samantha Williams is just a simple girl living in Dublin, Ireland. She was just walking around the streets of London wi...