The Three Of Us

By 830freckles

Ronnie feels as if she doesn't have a family. Ever since she was a child, she's been tossed from foster home... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three

Chapter Eighteen

1.5K 43 6
By 830freckles

                                                                                   Avery

They say that everything happens for a reason. Well, then why do mistakes happen? If things are meant to happen, then why do we do things that we aren’t supposed to do? In my case, I was probably a mistake when my real parents created me, then why am I in the world? I’m a mistake and I definitely shouldn’t be here.

  I’m Avery Morrison, the mistakes that makes what he is.

  “What?!” Asher and Ronnie yelled at the same exact time. I wasn’t sure what was going on with them, but when I came outside to tell them about what had just happened, they were caught in a warm embrace. It was really weird.

  I reached into my pocket and pulled out my iPhone. “Look, I’ll prove it to you guys!” I turned it on and went on Facebook, went onto my page and held out the evidence for them. Ronnie snatched the phone from my hands and stared at it wide-eyed.

  “It says it right here!” She exclaimed, pointing at the screen. “’Janet Pitt says: Hi Avery, I know you have no idea who I am. Well, sweetie, I’m your mum. Happy I found you’,” She read.

  Asher put a hand on her shoulder and looked closer at the screen. “I can’t believe it,” He said in barely a whisper. His eyes then snapped back up so he was looking at me. “How did she find you?”

  I shrugged my shoulders and gave my simplest answer. “I guess she just searched me up like I’ve been doing with her for like the past month!”

  Ronnie handed  me back my phone and crossed her arms over her chest. “But you’re definitely not the only Avery Morrison in this world. She could have gone through hours of research!”

  Asher narrowed his eyes in thought at her theory. “That’s a really good point,” He expressed. “Maybe she had links to you or something.”

  “What do you mean by links?” I asked.

  “Like maybe she had ways to find you,” He explained. “She could have possibly had police officers done a search of you!”

  “Maybe,” I replied. “Plus, how would she have recognized me? My parents told me that they only adopted me when I was a baby, plus how would she know that I use Morrison as a last name?”

  “Many good points, boys,” Ronnie said to us both, waving her index finger in her air as if she were some sort of detective or something. “Did you check out her profile, Avery?”

  I shook my head no. “I didn’t get the chance. I just came to see you guys right as I saw it.”

  We were about to go on about our thoughts, when I heard a small voice come from the house. “Avery!” It said. I didn’t even need to think to know who it was. I told my friends that I’d be back in a minute, and I ran back to the house. Standing  at the door was Hartlyn in her pink polka-dot billy boots and her ballerina outfit.

  “Avery,” She said to me. “Can you come play with me?”

  I kneeled down so we were face to face. “Hartlyn, I’m outside with my friends right now. You can go play in the playground though and we’ll watch you.”

  She shook her head and a look of fear passed by her face. “No!” She protested.

  I raised an eyebrow at her decline. “Why don’t you want to go outside? You usually love going outside!”

  She cocked her head to the side so she was looking behind me. When she caught me noticing her actions, she immediately made her head go back to her normal position. I put a hand on her shoulder and asked her, “Hartlyn, what’s wrong?”

  “The boy,” She said, pointing behind me. I turned around and realized that she was pointing directly and Asher, who was now talking with Ronnie. “He scares me. I think he’s a giant.”

  I had to try hard to hold in a laugh. I had to admit, Asher was pretty tall, he was probably six foot something. Compared to little Hartlyn, he definitely was a giant. I looked at my little sister and whispered to her, “Well, maybe he is a giant. He sure is tall!”

  “Will he eat me?” She asked me, her voice quiet like mine.

  This time a chuckle did escape my lips. I shook my head and smiled at her. “No, he won’t eat you. Asher is a nice giant, he’s my friend.”

  “Are you his elf?” She wondered.

  “Yeah sure,” I responded. “I’m his elf. His amazing, friendly elf.”

  She grinned and giggled a little bit. I thought I had cracked this case and she was now going to come outside and play in her playground, but she just got on her tiptoes, gave me a hug and announced, “I’m going to play dollies!” She then ran off to her room.

  I got off the ground and laughed. She really was something my little sister. However, figuring out what goes on in her mind wasn’t what I was here for now. I was here to see what was going on with my supposed mom, Janet.

  I opened the backdoor to the house and rejoined Ronnie and Asher. They still looked very deep in thought, probably thinking about how the heck Janet had found me. I’ll admit, the question did pass my brain. However, another question kept popping up in my mind even more… why did she wait fourteen years to find me? Why did it take her so long to get off her butt and finally realize that she had a son that was waiting to hear from her at some point. I wasn’t expecting a full-on reunion or anything, but just a simple “Hi, I’m your mom!” would be great. Well, come to think of it, I guess she did give me that. Nevertheless, I was still wishing that the first time I heard of her would be in person, not on Facebook.

  “Any ideas?” I asked my friends.

  “Well, we should check out her profile to see what’s up with this woman,” Ronnie offered.

  We settled with that. We all headed to the far side of the backyard and sat underneath a tree so the sun wouldn’t glare off of my iPod’s screen. I opened up Facebook and went to my messages so I could see Janet again. I clicked on her name and it brought me to her page.

  “That can’t be her,” Asher muttered under his breath, looking at her profile picture.

  Ronnie punched him playfully in the shoulder. “Of course it isn’t her,” She told him. “That’s a picture of Amy Winehouse!”

  Asher’s face flushed at the realization that her profile picture was the dead singer. I laughed a little bit, and then I checked out her pictures. Once I found a suitable one of her, I clicked it and it grew bigger. I swear, all of our eyes literally almost came right out of their sockets.

  “Now, that’s her,” Ronnie commented.

  The woman in the picture was literally me but taller, older and well… in girl form. We had the same dirty-blonde hair, upturned nose, big grey eyes and… everything. It was insane. By the looks on Asher and Ronnie’s faces, I think they agreed.

  “Avery… you guys are like… t-twins!” Asher exclaimed, completely amazed. He took the phone from my hands and looked closer at it. “It’s scary!”

  I was too bewildered to even speak. I had found my mother. The woman who created me was on my phone. Well, her Facebook page anyways. It was a feeling that I couldn’t even describe. I was happy, amazed, sad… everything all at once.

  “Asher?” Ronnie said, bringing me back to Earth. “Are you okay?”

  I shook my head a little bit to get back into focus. “Yeah, I think so. It’s just… I never even thought I’d ever find my mom. But here she is, right in front of me!”

  “Well, not exactly,” She pointed out. “On your phone she is.”

  “Same thing!” I said. “It’s just, I still keep wondering how she found me! She doesn’t have my new last name, she has no idea what I look like and for all she knew she could have thought that I was in Japan!”

  “Well, maybe she does have some links to you like I was saying before,” Asher said. “Maybe if we look through her friends or something.”

  I nodded my head at that idea and Asher started scrolling through her friends. It was quiet while he did so, but after a minute of looking, his green eyes grew giant.

  “What happened?!” Ronnie and I asked at the same exact time.

  “Remember when I got a call from a woman telling me that I she was my grandmother?” He questioned.

  “Obviously,” I replied.

  “She’s one of your moms Facebook friends.”

*************************************************************************************************

Hey everyone! Who saw that coming? I did, had it planned since the beginning :P Haha!

I'm so sorry that I've been so slow on updating guys! It's just that I was at my dads place all week and there is no wireless there and no wireless means no Internet for my laptop. Good part about that though: 1. I got to see my daddy :P and 2. I got TONS of writing done!

So, what did you guys think of the chapter? Please comment and vote to make me super happy!

Oh and song of the chapter is Love Is Endless by Mozella. I LOVE this song so much! It's so great! It's from one of my favorite movies, Life As We Know It.

Love you guys for reading!

-830freckles 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156 35 24
Nicolo: "Don't say anything, now. I have to say something but I can't say when I'm seeing into eyes to eyes. I'm little nervous, how to put to this...
6.1M 65.2K 25
Madison's life has been one bad thing after the next,but things starts to change when she starts to attend a prestige school for the rich, she does w...
7K 521 21
Famous Social Media Twins, Alfie and Bryce Cameron, lives are uprooted when their mom returns home from a trip to Paris where she tells them she met...
503 42 38
Best friend's brother kinda romance... But without the clichè. "Being with Rose is like talking to the ocean. To the sky. To the stars and the moon...