A Week With The New Direction...

By -SplashOfSea-

Socially Awkward Laurel Rawlings gets put into a very compromising situation, which needs her to make an agre... More

Book Info
Chapter One~ Laurel's Daily Dose Of Verbal Diarrhea
Chapter 2: Ryder Factor
Tag
Chapter 3: Jukebox Heroes
Chapter 4: Auditions, and Amber
Chapter 5: Clothes are what friends are for
Chapter 6~ A Cliche Meet-Cute

Chapter 7: A 'killer' preformance

44 5 1
By -SplashOfSea-

"Low-rel?" The barista yells over the noise made by other customers of the Lima Bean: Lima Ohio's best coffee shop. Laurel's eyes widen as she realizes that its her name he's mispronouncing.

'Laurel isn't even that hard to pronounce' The clumsy blond thinks as she carefully heads to pay for her drinks. Today is her first day at her new job at Hummel Tire and Lube. She wasn't employed by Burt Hummel, the owner of the store, but because his wife instead. Not to fix engines and inflate wheels, but to keep Burt's health in check when she wasn't around to do so herself.

She still has 30 minutes until her shift starts, but considering Laurel's lack of transportation to her place of work. She is going to be 10 minutes late, Laurels converse clad feet sped up as she hurried to work.
-
-
-
-

"You sure you wrote down the right address?" Laurels ears pick up the words of the all to familiar sound of Ryder's voice. Laurels face goes pale as she darts behind a red car careful not to be seen. "Yeah, oh, Finn works here," someone else speaks. Sam. A familiar face at the homeless shelter from a while ago.

"And we're supposed to rehearse here," The guy with the dreads asks doubtfully.

"Guys, it's perfect," Finn pops up from under a car, shocking me and quite frankly everyone else in the room. "Kill two birds with one stone, I got to overhaul this jalopy, and you guys need to figure out how to be convincing grease monkeys."

"I've never even changed the oil in my car I can't fix this," Ryder surrenders with his hands in the air.
"I cannot believe you got this part over me," Jake mutters under his breath. Laurel angrily throws a screw at his head, and hiding before he can see the culprit.

"Right, right.Look, acting is about knowing the material, right? The themes.So, what is Grease all about?" Finn pauses as he asks the question hoping someone will answer. When no one do he continued ", Well, it's about fixing cars and getting, getting grease under your fingernails, and about signing a blood oath with your brothers to the very end," Finn answers his own question as he fist bumps Artie.

"Okay, but where should we? I mean, there's no stage or anything," Dreads remarks again.

"Look out there," Fin points in my direction as I cross my fingers hoping not to get caught. "Imagine an audience anxiously awaiting your arrival,"

"No need,I see an audience right behind that red Chevy Malibu," Jake walks over to the said car pulling a very resistant Laurel from behind it.

"Who's she?" Dreads asks, as Laurel punches Jakes arm making him retract his hand setting the blushing blond free.

"Laurel!" Sam cheers in recognition. He gets off the car he was sitting on and walks over to Laurel giving her a quick hug. "Sam! long time no see," Laurel hugs back making two boys in the room slightly jealous.

"Yea, haven't been to the shelter in a while."

"Shelter?" Ryder questions rather loudly. A look of panic floods both Sam and Laurels face as they think of a non suspicious answer.

"The animal shelter!" Laurel blurts out unconvincingly.

"Yep, we volunteered there," Sam smiles doing a better job at lying than Laurel who looks as if she's about to pass out.

"Puppies!" Laurel blurts out of nowhere, making Sam and many of the other boys laugh and grin at her nervous state.

"So now that that's established I'm just gonna go now," Laurel says close to escape from this embarrassing moment.

"Stay, we need a third opinion," Finn urges as Artie shakes his head no. Everyone in the room stares as she makes a decision. Giving in, Laurel walks back to the red car and sits on the trunk smiling as she observes.

This car is systematic.
It's hydromatic.
Why it's greased lightnin'! Greased lightnin'! We'll get some overhead lifters And some four-barrel quads, oh, ye Keep talking, whoa, keep talking

Fuel injection cutoffs and chrome plated rods, oh yeah I'll get the money, I'll kill to get the money With a four-speed on the floor They'll be waiting at the door You know that ain't no crap We'll be getting lots of that and greased lightnin' Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go Go greased lightnin', you're burning up the quarter mile Greased lightnin', go greased lightnin' Go, greased lightnin' You're coasting through the heat lap trials Greased lightnin', go, greased lisetn' You are supreme Uh, uh! The chicks'll scream Uh, uh For greased lightnin' Go, go, Go, go, go, go, go

We'll get some pule Frenched taillights A 30-inch fins, oh, yeah Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh And dual muffler twins, oh, yeah Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh With new pistons, plugs, and shocks I can get off my rocks You know that I ain't bragging She's a real honey wagon Greased lightnin' Go, go, go, go, go, go, go Go, greased lightnin', you're burning up the quarter mile Greased lightnin', go, greased lightnin' Go, greased lightnin' Ye coasting through the heat lap trials Greased lightnin', go, greased lightnin' You are supreme Uh, uh! The chicks'll scream Uh, uh For greased lightnin' Go, go, go, go, go, go, go Greased lightnin', you're burning up

The quarter mile Greased lightnin' Go, greased lightnin' Go, greased lightnin', you're coasting Through the heat lap trials Greased lightnin' Go, greased lightnin' You are supreme Uh, uh! The chicks'll scream Uh, uh For greased lightnin' Lightning, lightning, lightning, lightning
Lightning, lightning, lightning, lightning! Yeah Lightning!

"So, what'd you think?" Ryder asks slightly out of breath.

"Wow that was amazing,"!Laurel says while Artie rolls his eyes at her generic answer. The blond senses that she needs to stop walking on eggshells and continues "for right now, when the crowd is watching you, you really need to capture their attention. The audience needs to feel the energy. They need to feel like they're part of the show."

The boys are shocked at Laurel's knowledge about show business. Ryder especially intrigued at Laurel's explanation.

"But what do I know, about that stuff," Laurel speaks after a moment of silence "Finn?"

"Adding onto what Laurel was saying, that was great to start off with. But we need twice the amount of energy you guys are giving us."

"Let's take a quick break and do it again but with more energy," Artie speaks up. Ryder starts to walk over to where Laurel is anxiously picking at her nails, only to get cut off by Jake who gets to her first and they head off somewhere else. Ryder clenches his jaw as he realizes Jake was making a move on Laurel. Anger bubbles up inside him as he thinks about what he'll do to her. He'll hurt her, and Marley.

What do girls see in him? Ryder thinks to himself genuinely worried about Laurels well being.
-
-
-
-

"Why exactly do we need to be all the way over here?" Laurel asks as the wind whips her hair all over  the place.

"So no one will hear us," Jake responds giving Laurel his infamous leather jacket. Laurel happily puts it on considering the chilly weather. It takes awhile for Laurel to register his words then a look of realization spreads across her face.

"If you brought me out here to murder me I have pepper spray in my back pocket," Laurel says taking a step back from her supposed 'killer'.

"Why would I kill you?" Jake laughs at Laurels assumption, and the fact that she was clutching the object in her back pocket.

"I don't know! You're the evil mastermind," Laurel laughs along as she realizes her claim was completely absurd. She lets go of the hairspray filled container of pepper spray.

"Laurel. I know you've been living in the old dance studio," Jake says with a serious tone. All laughs came to a halt as Laurels face pales as her palms get sweaty.

"How did-" Laurel asks quietly. Not even bothering to finish her sentence.

"I go there a lot. Whenever I get stressed, whenever I feel bored whenever I just want to get away. Yesterday I went there to hook up with a girl and I saw your guitar in there." Jake explains, looking at Laurel to see her reaction.

"What else do you know," Laurel asks her voice thick as to what else he could've uncovered about her past.

"Nothing else. Don't worry your secrets safe with me," Jake sees Laurel let out a breath of relief. "and if you ever need a place to stay. My house isn't that great but it's something, and my mom doesn't really give a shit about who I bring into the house."

"It's fine. We barely know each other and it'd be kinda weird to stay with you. No offense." Laurel says nervously.

"None taken," Jake confirms. "We should go back inside before anyone thinks we're hooking up."

Laurel nods a familiar blush taking over her cheeks, Unsure wether she could trust Jake or not.
-
-
-
-
Jake knows. Amber Knows. Logan knows. Millie Knows. Sam knows. Basically being homeless isn't her biggest secret since we're only 7 chapters in and 5 people already know.

Sorry that this story is slow, I've got some plans about how this story will go but I'm not sure about the details.

No Amber or Logan this chapter, but they'll definitely be in the next one.

The last 6 chapters took place in 'The role you were born to play ' but this is the first chapter in 'Glease'

Thanks so much for reading this!! VOTE COMMENT SHARE ADD TO YOUR READING LIST!!

Word Count: 1634

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

486K 10.2K 37
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
996K 39.4K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
222K 5.2K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
278K 9.5K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...