On the Run

By xoxo_NICOLE_xoxo

Devious and an outlaw is what they called Laney Cole. Quiet, manipulative, scandalous, and rebellious is what... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 30

3.7K 193 36
By xoxo_NICOLE_xoxo

Laney Pov

My mom stood there staring at me with so much hurt but I don't care. She didn't care when Bobby abused me mentally and physically. She didn't care when she would hurt me for no reason. Oh but Jory was the golden child!

I feel sorry for her since Bobby is her daddy.

"Laney...." Jory held her head. I looked at her with a frown.

"I will not say it again! GET OUT!" I yelled causing them to jump.

"Before I go I want to apologize. You're my baby and I love you." My mom cried before turning around to leave.

"Laney! You're being so harsh and not giving her a chance!" Jory snapped.

"You know nothing about this so shut your young mouth! LEAVE!" I snapped. She stormed out angrily. I don't care. I slammed the door behind them.

I went to my room and called Christian's cell phone but it went straight to voice mail. He's caught.

I can't do anything but wait time out. I don't want to get in anymore trouble. I just got free and I still owe that creep. I'm gone give him some laced weed and tell his dog ass Merry Christmas.

I took a shower and decided to get dressed. I need a job so I can do better in life.

I opened my closet and saw I didn't have a wide variety of clothes. I put on a fitted white t, jeans, with my timbs. I put all my hair in a ponytail and threw my Tommy jacket on.

I left out the apartment and hit the sidewalk. People knew it was me and they didn't go light with the stares. They even took pictures. I always see myself on the blogs and social media.

"Hey girl." This crew of white girls stopped. They looked to be my age. I looked up and they snapped my picture.

"You're hot girl." The blonde smiled as she looked at her phone.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Using you for my screensaver, duh." She laughed with her friends.

"Like you're the biggest sex symbol since Janet or Lil Kim." The Brunette spoke. Why though? I'm your average black girl. I've seen bitches that look way better.

"What makes me so cute?" I asked curiously.

"Bitches pretend to be outlaws and bad girls. You are a real bad ass outlaw and you're hot." Blonde said. I guess that is true.

"Stay out of trouble girls." I told the, before walking off. I turned the corner before looking both ways. I walked in this alley and saw Black's door. This was my dude when I was Mya. He supplied me with weapons and all.

I knocked lightly.

The door opened with one of Black's big ass bodyguards at the door.

"Black disappointed in you." He told me. I knew Black wouldn't like to be lied to.

"Can I talk to him?" I asked. The big man looked over his shoulder for what seemed like forever. He then turned back to me.

"Yea you can talk to him." He said.  I walked in and followed my usual route. I opened the steel door that revealed Black's office. He sat in his chair counting money as usual. There were half naked strippers all around. His dope boys were sitting around looking like killers. Black never once looked up at me.

"Black." I spoke. He froze and looked up.

"Laney Cole." He smirked. He started back counting his money.

"Yea. I'm sorry I had to lie to you like that. I mean I was on the run." I said. He shook his head as he counted.

"You didn't trust me? But I trusted you enough to bring you in my shit and break you off." I sounded angry. I sat in the chair in front of his desk.

"Fuck that Black. You know it was nothing but love big homie. Even when we were beefing it was love." I said.

"Black don't love nobody." One of his lil soldiers said. He must don't know I kill niggas round this piece. Black need to get his pussy ass do boys in check!

"Shut up lil nigga!" Black's voice boomed through the room. Lil homie better put some respect on me. Black fuck with me.

"Yea lil nigga. Speak when you spoken to. You feel me?" I mugged him. He looked mad.

"Yes." He mumbled. I sat back in my chair to relax.

"I was thinking we could work together. I got the money. You know I got the money. I need to get back up on my feet this was a major set back for me." I told Black.

"Now you sounding like money, money." He smirked.

"I thought so." I smiled.

"How can you help me?" He asked.
"I'm one of the biggest criminals in the world. I have literally gotten away with murder, forgery, and robbery. There is nothing I can't do for you." I leaned in towards him.

"Now how can you help me?" I asked.

"I can build you back." He simply said. That wasn't enough. That wasn't shit. I can build myself back on my own.

"Try again." I told him.

"I can make you some big money." He said.

"I got stollen racks at my home now." I shrugged. No one knows where I live any fucking way.

"What about my shorty behind bars?" I asked. Now if he can get him out I will definitely stand by Black's side in running shit.

"What about him?" Black asked.

"Boss we got company." The big body guard said as he opened the door to the room. We all looked back by the door and saw a little boy.

"Mommy." He jumped in my lap. I looked just as confused as anyone in there. How the fuck did Jamal find me. He was gone when I looked for him.

"You got a baby shorty?" Black asked as he slid all his money under his desk.

"He not my son." I said.

"Want me to get rid of him?" The body guard asked me as he grabbed Jamal by the collar.

"No I know shorty." I told him.

"Where the fuck you been?!" I asked Jamal.

"I got lost when we ran. Hen I looked on tv and you were in jail." He hugged me and laid his head on my chest. I couldn't help but hug him back. I missed this kid.

"Don't ever run away like that. Are you crazy?" I actually fell in love with this little boy.

"We'll talk later." Black told me. I guess that's my cue to get out. I stood up and walked towards the door with Jamal.

"Don't bullshit me Black." I told him before leaving. I walked down the sidewalk with Jamal catching stares.

"You hungry lil homie?" I asked him. He looked up and me and nodded. We turned off to Mcdonalds. All kids love that lil shit. I guess I was a weird child. I never ate McDonald's.

"Get whatever you want." I told him as we went in. The woman at the register just stared at me. It's like everything paused and everyone was watching me.

"Ma I want a burger, some fries, a big sprite, and some cookies." Jamal said.

"Y'all heard what the fuck he said now get out my face and get on your job." I told them. Everyone started back working. I threw the cashier a 10 and didn't want any change back. We got his food and sat down.

"You look pretty." He smiled up at me as he ate his food.

"How you gone call me ma and then try to call me pretty?" I laughed.

"I said you were pretty not I wanted to talk to you. That's nasty." Jamal laughed.

"Oh forget you then." I said. I watched him eat. I just adore this little guy.

"So what's our next move?" He asked like he knew what really was going on.

"What move?" I asked.

"Where are we sleeping and where is Christian?" He asked. It hurts my heart to hear that name. I honestly love Christian. I love Jamal too but Christian is what I have now. I love him with every inch of me. He was willing to ride with. E and get me back on track.

"Christian is in jail." I told him. He didn't look phased.

"He was a square anyway. So when he get out?" Jamal asked. I tried not to laugh. This boy been on the streets too long.

"I don't know. I hope soon." I told him.

Christian pov

I sat down to eat my food in the cafeteria. It's so many niggas in here. And they all cliqued off in their own gangs. Too bad I'm sitting here looking like a square.

"If you don't want to get fucked in the ass by any of these big ass niggas, try not to look weak as fuck." Jamal said. He stood over my table with his food. This nigga looked big as fuck standing over me. I can tell he been putting in work with the weights. Laney likes guys like him. I don't vent know what she sees in me.

"Who the fuck can I possibly sit with? These niggas already got cliques. I-"

He sat down and started eating his food. I guess he didn't want to hear shit I had to say. I looked down at the slop on my plate. What the fuck is this?!

"I am rich. We don't eat this where I'm from." I said. Jamal just laughed. He shook his head and kept eating.

"Eat that food young blood. You need to live too." Jamal said. I stuck my spoon in the slop and ate it. It tasted like shit and more shit. I quickly spit it out and wiped my mouth.

"How the duchess did Laney put up with you young blood? She so trill and you so...." he couldn't find the words to say.

"Square?" I finished it off for him.

"You smart." Jamal smirked.

"I miss Laney." I rubbed my head in frustration. That Girl got my mind fucked up.

"I've been missing her for years." Jamal said. I don't know how I feel about him feeling that way about Laney.

"But I respect you young blood. I got life in this joint. She don't even know I'm alive and I rather keep it that way." He said. That made me feel a little better. I just need to find the quickest way out of here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

881K 28K 82
This is a story of two broken souls who were brought together by one's lust and other's fear. Sophia She was young, innocent, loving and pretty with...
136K 3.8K 60
"That's a good girl, Isabella," he murmurs, his words dripping with satisfaction. "Let go. Give in to me." ------- BOOK 1 in the RUSSIAN MADE MAN SER...
760 43 21
Elizabeth followed in her parents footsteps and entered into Law Enforcement as a Bounty Hunter. With a loving boyfriend, caring family, and a career...