Sparks Fly

By Kateelizabeth19

Harry and Louis have always been close, really close. But lately something has been getting in the way of the... More

Chapter one.
Chapter two.
Chapter three.
Chapter four.
Chapter five.
Chapter seven.
Chapter eight.
Chapter nine.
Chapter ten.
Chapter eleven.
Chapter twelve.
Chapter thirteen.
Chapter fourteen.
Chapter fifteen.
Chapter sixteen - part A
Chapter sixteen - part B
Chapter seventeen.
Chapter eighteen.

Chapter six.

5.8K 42 34
By Kateelizabeth19

Helllooooo lovely readers!!!! I really hope you enjoy this chapter. It's very different than the other chapters, it's kind of written from the view of one persons life being amazing, but another's falling apart. Sort of like karma I guess haha :) So yeah, please vote and comment if you like it!! Also, I'm sorry that I took so long and that its short, I'll try make the next one longer!!

Lots of Love,

Kate :) xxx

Please see the note at the end :) xx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 days later 

As Zayn heard a small knock at the door, a smile grew on his face. He got up off the couch and turned the TV off, smoothing down his fresh black suit. Niall had ever so kindly taken his place at staying with Louis - who was still unconscious - just so Zayn could spend an evening with his girlfriend. Walking toward the door, all his nerves built up inside him. But as he opened the door to see his beautiful girlfriend, Shannon, standing in gorgeous blue high heels and a fabulous strapless black dress that sat a full 10 cm about her knee, all his doubt and worries faded. The smile on her face reassured Zayn of everything he had ever doubted. Feeling dazed, he leaned forward and placed a longing kiss on her lips, before stepping out of the house and locking the door behind him. He grabbed her hand, kissed her one more time, and led her towards his car. 

When they finally arrived at their destination, The Ivy, Zayn got out of the car and rushed around to the other side to open his girlfriend’s door for her. She blushed as she stepped out of the car, flashing a fabulous smile when Zayn took her hand and bought it to his lips, placing a small kiss on her knuckles. They walked hand in hand into the restaurant, telling the smartly dress man at the door their names and finally being escorted to their seat. Zayn wasn't even worried about the fans. This night was his and Shannon’s, and absolutely nothing in the world would ruin it. Why? Because just the simple presence of Shannon meant more than anything in the world to Zayn. 

-*-

Niall sat silently, staring at Louis. He looked so young, so fragile... Like he was a completely different person. No one had any idea why Louis was off wondering at 12:30am in the first place, but Niall had a sneaking suspicion that is was to do with Harry. The younger lad had been acting very strange, ever since the day after Louis' operation. No one knew why, he wouldn't talk to the about it. But Niall knew that in time, when Harry was ready, he would tell then what was on his mind. 

Nails stomach grumbled, just as he heard a knock on the hospital room door. He got up to answer it, and standing opposite him was the boy who had just been on his mind. Harry smiled sheepishly at him, and told Niall that he was there because it was his turn to watch Louis. Niall nodded at him, and walked out of the room, leaving Harry alone with Louis. Niall was glad that Harry was at least taking his turn in looking after Louis. It showed, if nothing else, that Harry at least still cared about a sick friend. 

Harry sunk into the chair that was placed next to Louis' bed. He picked up the older males limp hand and played absently with his fingers as he thought about his dilemma. His eyes fell on Louis face and upon the small wound that was placed on the upper right side of Louis' forehead - the result from falling down the stairs. Harry stared at Louis, taking in every inch of his face. Since when had Louis looked so young, so vulnerable? Harry suddenly had an over whelming urge to hold Louis in his arms, protecting him from anything that may harm him. But that urge was quickly taken over by the heart breaking thought, that Harry nay never be able to hold Louis in his arms, ever again. 

-*-

As Shannon woke the next morning, she was insanely happy. She let her mind wander back to the night before, as she remembered the way her and Zayn laughed at the clumsy waiter. The way Zayn stared at her from across the table, a sparkle in his eyes. The way they entered Shannon’s apartment, tangled in an intimate embrace. But most of all, she remembered the way Zayn whispered 'I love you' into her neck as they fell asleep. Speaking of Zayn... Where was he this morning?? She sat up and looked around the room, for any signs that he was still at her house. As her eyes scanned her bed, she found a note attached to the bed head, written in Zayn's hand writing. She picked the note up, smiling. 

Morning babe, hope your well today. 

Meet me in St James Park at 11:30am. 

I can't wait to see your beautiful face again. 

Zayn xx

Shannon giggled. Zayn had a way of making her feel like a teenager falling in love for the first time, and she absolutely loved it. She jumped out of bed, half attempting to make it by pulling up the covers and chucking the pillows in the general direction of the bed head. She checked the clock, 10:45. Okay, she had 30 minutes to get ready before she had to go. Shannon raced to the bathroom to do her make-up, attempting to do it the best she could with shaking hands. 

As the clock ticked over to 11:13, Shannon stood calmly in front of the mirror. She admired herself, proud of how quickly she had gotten ready. Her hair was straightened, and she was wearing her favorite denim jeans. Today was going to be good, she could just feel it. Grabbing her phone off of the bedside table, she made her way downstairs and out the door. As she jumped in her car, she felt the nerves inside her begin to rise. What in the world did Zayn have in store for her??

-*-

Harry woke hazily from an uncomfortable position on the chair. Shoving the blanket off of him and onto the floor, he rubbed at his eyes. His back cracked as he stretched, and his neck was killing him. Finally opening his sleepy eyes, he was greeted with the sad body of Louis, still lying flat on his back in the hospital bed. Harry pulled himself out of the chair and forward to Louis, placing a small kiss onto the older male’s forehead. "Morning boo bear," Harry whispered, instantly feeling guilty for being so loving to Louis. Even though Lou couldn't hear him, Harry felt as though he was sucking up. He had slept with Eleanor, for god’s sake. How dare he be calling Louis "Boo bear"??

He whipped his phone out of his pocket and sent a mad text to Liam. 

Your turn to babysit the helpless jerk. 

-*-

Shannon pulled into St James park, driving slowly around the road inside it, until she got to the certain part of the park she thought Zayn would be. She parked her car and got out, searching briefly for any sign of her boyfriend. As she made her way over to the playground, she saw a rose lying on the ground. And then another one, further in front of it. And yet another rose. She became intrigued, following the path of roses. As the path got longer, the roses lost a petal each time. As she finally reached the last rose, which had only one petal on it, she looked ahead and her mouth dropped open. There, sitting on a bed of rose petals, beneath a series of trees, was Zayn. Shannon stood for a minute, taking it all in. As Zayn stood up, her heart raced and a smile crept across her face. Zayn slowly walked over to her, stopping just a touch away. Shannon couldn't control her emotions any longer. She grabbed Zayn's face and pulled it close to hers, pressing their lips together for a long, passionate kissed. As they drew apart, they rested their foreheads together and gazed into each other’s eyes. Zayn’s hands cane up to rest on Shannon’s, who's were still placed on his cheeks. They stood together for a long while, sharing silent emotions between each other. After a while, Zayn pulled away and took Shannon’s hand in his, slowly leading her to where the rose petals covered the ground like a rug, his eyes never leaving hers. The scent of the roses hung in the air like a blanket of love, as the couple carefully sat down together. Zayn pulled a bottle of champagne out of the picnic basket, which sat just to the side of the roses. He presented two glasses, and after popping the cork, filled them both with champagne. Shannon sat quietly; stunned by the effort her boyfriend had gone to. As they sat alone beneath the trees, they felt more connected than they ever had. 

After about an hour of giggling, champagne and meaningful kisses, Zayn fell silent. He furrowed his brow as he stared at the ground. Shannon put her hand on his shoulder, alarmed by the sudden change in his personality. Before she knew it, Zayn has taken her hand in his and was kneeling... On one knee. At first Shannon was confused, but then Zayn started speaking, his voice small and loving. 

"Shannon, you are the absolute love of my life. Your voice is the sweetest music to my ears, your face the prettiest masterpiece. Your presence means more to me than anything in this world. The way you make me feel is beyond words. Your touch makes me feel like I'm a little kid again, becoming weak at the knees because of my first crush. The way you whisper to me that everything will be okay, and the way you comfort me when I'm feeling down. Even on my darkest days, you light me up with a simple smile. 

We've only been together for 8 months, but I feel as though you know me better than I know myself. You complete me, Shannon. And I know how cheesy that sounds, but it is 100% true. Without your love, I wouldn't be where I am today. You make me a better man. With you, Shannon, my world is clearer; you're the only one who knows how to do that. And I wish, I wish with all my heart that you'll be the one I'll always know. I wish that you'll be the one I wake up to every morning, the one I'll come home to each day. I wouldn't want it to be anybody else. 

And that is why, Shannon, I'm promising to you to always be by your side. I promise you, that no matter what happens, when you look back, I'll always be there. You will always have my shoulder to cry on, and I promise you that I'll never leave when you need me most. I'll always love and cherish you, and support you through whatever you decide to do. I want to be the one you tell your secrets to, the one you can't go a day without. Because, that's what you are to me. And it's today that I ask you this, with a hopeful heart. Shannon... will you marry me?"

-*-

As Harry waited for Liam to arrive, he sat on the chair furthest away from Louis. He regretted sending that harsh text about Louis to Liam, but he could no longer go on being nice to Louis. Because one day, he would have to fess up, tell him that he had betrayed him. And he didn't need Louis angry at him for acting like everything was okay when he would already be mad for the while cheating thing. 

Harry’s thought where interrupted by a swift, high pitched noise, that sort of resembled a squeal. But it wasn't a squeal... It was something else. Harry look around the room, trying to find what it was that was making the horrendous noise. His stomach practically flew out of his mouth as he tried to blink away the horror he saw; a flat line on the heart monitor. Harry scrambled around to the other side of the bed, his legs like jelly as he smashed his hand against the nurse call button. Before he knew it, he was being pushed out of the way by a team of nurses. Seconds later, a male doctor came running in, pushing a big trolley with a defibrillator on top. Harry watched from the floor in horror as the doctor rubbed the two paddles together. "Charge to 45, ready, go!" he ordered as he brought the paddles down to Louis' chest. Harry’s mouth fell open and several tears rolled down his face as he saw Louis back arch from the electricity. "Charge to 50, ready, go!" Once again Louis back arched, but no change was made on the heart monitor.

-*-

Shannon's mouth dropped open in surprise as she stare at her boyfriend, who was still down on one knee. This man was her while world, and she had known for a long time that he was the one he wanted to spend the rest of her life with. 

Harry’s eyes exploded with tears as the second shock did nothing to Louis' condition. Feelings of emptiness and guilt tool over his heart as he stared at the lifeless face of his best friend. Harry couldn't lose him, he just couldn’t...

"Yes, Yes I will!" Shannon exclaimed, throwing her arms around Zayn's neck and pressing a passionate kiss to his lips. 

"Charging to 55, ready, go!" The words fell off the doctor’s lips as Harry crossed his fingers. This was his last chance, Louis had to wake up, Louis had to wake up....

TBC xx

Edit: I've noticed that all the comments are about Louis, but if you have any comments about Zayn I'd REALLY appreciate them! What do you think of him proposing? :) xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 247 16
Harry and Louis have the perfect relationship. They laugh together, cry together, kiss and dance together. They're in heaven. Behind closed doors. I...
40.6K 1K 62
Harry and Louis, the guys who hate each other. Harry doesn't like Louis because of his ego and Louis doesn't like Harry because he's too soft. The w...
42.2K 2.1K 11
@straightnogayvodka contacted me with an idea and this is the result. ♥️♥️♥️ Harry buys a house but when he moves in he discovers that his closest ne...
123K 5.9K 14
Louis Tomlinson's manager Roger is tired of Louis' sweats and hoodies and hires a stylist for him. Harry Styles is like no one Louis has ever met bef...