Opposites Attract (CS AU)

By Roseyposey310

Killian Jones, 16, is the new foreign exchange student from Ireland at Storybrooke High. (Unlike the Hook in... More

First Day
Lunch
Friends
Study Date
Holding Hands
Goofball
The Game
The Party
Saturday
First Date
Giving In
Aftermath
Idiot
Happy
Thinking
Plans
Birthday
Morning After
Bargaining
No Matter
The Parents
Sassy
The Brother
Beach Day
Busted
Time Jump
Our Future
Deadlines
Hero
A Hell of a Valentine's Day Part 1
A Hell of a Valentine's Day Part 2
New Beginnings
Unwanted Roommate
A Proposal and Graduation
Just For it All to Come Crashing Down
Accident
Healing
Surprise Part 1
Surprise Part 2
Delivery
Little Prince
New Book Preview!
Moving Forward
Unwanted Visitor
Home Sweet Home
Mood Killer
You Again
Hope for the Future
And They Lived Happily Ever After

Realizations

2.4K 100 27
By Roseyposey310

Thanks to all my new readers! Feel free to start commenting on chapters! I'd love to hear your guys opinions!

Emma's POV

Killian spent all of last night calming me down and telling me to not let my temper get the best of me when I confronted Milah. So when I walked into school and saw Milah by her locker, I thought of him to calm my nerves and make me think rationally before approaching her.

It seemed to work. Now as long as she didn't piss me off it would continue to stay that way and we wouldn't have any problems.

I cleared my throat to get her attention. "Mind if we talk?"

She looked over at me and rolled her eyes. "I'm guessing lover boy blew me in first chance he got? So what, you're here to pound my face in for hitting on your boy toy?"

"As much as your face is in need of some extensive work, that's not why I'm here," I sassed. "I can't blame you for doing what you did. My boyfriend, not my boy toy, is pretty incredible. I probably would've done the same thing if the tables were turned."

"If anyone needs work done it's you, blondie," Milah retorted. "So you're saying it doesn't bother you that you've got some competition for Killy Bear's affections? That doesn't sound like the Emma I know."

"That's because you don't know me," I disagreed, trying to fight the urge to knock out her teeth for using one of my pet names for Killian. "Of course it bothers me that I have to deal with your skanky ass making a move on my boyfriend. But it doesn't worry me. My competition isn't that impressive."

"Oh, so you admit that I'm the competition? I thought Killy only had eyes for you," she taunted.

"If you listened to something other than the annoying sound of your voice, you would've heard me say I'm not worried," I spat. "Because, as you just pointed out, Killy only wants me. I think he made that pretty clear to you yesterday. But I'm happy to repeat the message."

Milah's eyes narrowed as she crossed her arms over her chest. I couldn't help but smirk. I couldn't imagine a better way to start my day off than by pissing this bitch off.

"We'll see about that," she threatened. "He might be yours for now, but that could change very easily. One day he'll wake up and realize that instead of waiting around for you to give him what he wants, he can just come find me."

She shoved me out of the way as she headed towards the science wing.

"Ugh," I groaned in frustration as I dramatically let my head sag against my locker. "Ow," I hadn't meant to do it that hard.

I heard a familiar laugh behind me as I felt strong, warm arms wrap around my waist. "You alright there, love?"

"Just peachy," I grumbled. "I'm really starting to hate that snobby bitch."

"Well, I see you didn't break her nose," he noted with a chuckle as he brushed the hair back from my neck  and kissed the spot below my earlobe. It sent the good kind of shivers down my spine. "So things  must've gone better than I thought they would."

"As okay as they could've gone. But I almost knocked her out when she started spouting crap about her being my competition for you," I informed a bit distracted. It was difficult to concentrate when his soft, luscious lips were on my skin. 

"There's no competition," he whispered reassuringly in my ear as he softly kissed it. "I prefer sexy, tough ass blondes to slutty, psychotic brunettes," I could feel him smirk.

I giggled, his hot breath tickled. "Killian, stop. That tickles, you dork."

"I am a dork, but I'm your dork," he kissed my jaw sweetly, as he started brushing his fingertips across the exposed skin between my jeans and shirt. His touch made my insides feel like they were on fire. "And that's not about to change."

"Good. It better not," I smiled as I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck, as I brought him down to my lips. It was a slow, but ridiculously passionate kiss. We stayed like that for what seemed like forever, until Underbrooke walked by and yelled at us to break it up.

"Miss. Swan and Mr. Jones keep it in your pants and get to class before I give you both detention," he hissed.

"Yes, sir," we both muttered in unison, our cheeks all red with embarrassment. Killian and I walked hand in hand to my 1st period class.

"I'll see you later, baby," he smiled as he kissed me sweetly one more time before heading to his class across the hall. I just sighed happily as I watched him walk away before sitting down at my desk.

God, I loved that boy. Wait, what did I just say? No, no Emma! You can't be thinking like that. You guys haven't even been together for 2 full months, and he'll probably be leaving in July like he's supposed to. Unless, by a miracle, his parents let him stay. But after how controlling he said they were, and how hesitant they'd been about letting him come here in the first place, the odds didn't look to be in our favor.

Was this just me acting like a typical naive and foolish teenage girl? Or was it because Killian was the first boyfriend I've ever had? Both of those things probably factored into it. But I knew the real reason. And it scared the hell out of me.

I'd fallen in love with my adorable dork. I was head over heels in love with Killian Jones. I'd started feeling this way awhile ago, but didn't want to admit it. I'd been so stupid to think I could continue to deny it. Of course I went and fell in love with the foreign exchange student who was only meant to stay here until the end of the school year. Job well done, Emma.

I went and fell for the guy who was going to have no choice but to eventually leave me to go back home. It was the middle of April, I only had a little less than 3 months to be with Killian. That wasn't enough time. But that wasn't even my biggest fear. What if Killian didn't feel the same way? I knew he cared about me, but did he love me? Was he as head over heels for me as I was for him?

What if he wasn't? What if he didn't want to get attached to a girl he knew he'd have to leave behind? If that was the case, he was definitely the smart one of the 2 of us. If I had any common sense, I would've forced myself to not get attached. What the hell happened to my walls, my armor? They were supposed to protect me, and yet they didn't seem anywhere to be found. Killian had knocked them down so quickly it was insane. It's like he just waltzed into my life 1 minute, and the next, he had me completely opened up.

But I knew I couldn't tell him how I felt. I needed to wait for him to say the words first. I was too chicken to take the risk of saying I love you first, and him not being able to reciprocate and say it back.

Ugh! Why did I have to overthink everything? I told myself awhile ago that I was just going to enjoy what was happening now and not freak out about what might happen. Why couldn't I go back to just living in the moment and being happy with Killian?

I just needed to quit my silent rambling and let things move at their own pace. But that was easier said than done. I sighed, annoyed with myself, and tried to clear my head.

Regina and Robin came in and sat next to me right before the bell rang. They could instantly tell something was bothering me.

"You okay, Em?" Regina whispered as Miss. Blue called the class to order.

"I'll tell you later," I whispered back. Miss. Blue was eyeing us suspiciously. I didn't need to get detention for talking during class on top of everything else.

Killian's POV

Once I got back from Emma's house, I went upstairs to my room to video chat my parents. I talked to them every other day on Skype. I was pretty damn nervous about asking them to let me finish out high school here. I was trying to be optimistic, but getting my mother to agree would be a long shot.

But maybe if once I told her about Emma and she saw how happy I was because of my beautiful Swan, she'd be more willing to let me stay. But I was prepared for what I had to do if she said no.

David and Robin knew about my situation. When I wasn't hanging out with Emma outside of school, the 3 of us would get together at Robin's, and eat pizza while we watched basketball and talked. Robin sympathized with me. His parents were almost as overbearing as mine.

David had it easier. His mom was the sweetest lady you'd ever meet. She encouraged him to do what made him happy and didn't try to control every aspect of his life like mine did.

Whenever I acted like a normal teenager and rebelled against my parents --which was very rarely-- they threatened to cut me off. They thought scaring me was the best way to keep me in line. But it didn't. Of course, I was grateful for all the opportunities my family's wealth had given me, but I wasn't some spoiled brat who wouldn't be able to function without being rich. That was Liam. I'd trade all the riches in the world if it meant being with the girl I loved.

I was completely and madly in love with Emma. There was no point in trying to hide that anymore. I realized I've loved her for quite sometime now. Probably since the first moment I saw her. I couldn't bare to leave my Swan, the thought of it literally made me ache.

She'd brought light into my life. She'd turned my life upside down and changed me for the better. I wasn't that scared, dorky boy anymore that hid in the back of the classroom. Well, I was still a dork, but I wasn't embarrassed with who I was anymore. And Emma was the reason. I couldn't lose that, I couldn't lose her.

A man unwilling to fight for he wants, deserves what he gets, had always been my motto. I wanted Emma more than anything, and I was damn well gonna fight to hold onto her. If my parents told me I couldn't stay and that they'd cut me off if I didn't come home, then I'd get a job and save up to get my own place.

Or 2 jobs, if that's what it took. I was used to taking care of myself and being independent. Liam was my older brother, but I was much more mature and responsible than him. He always had everything handed to him, he never had to work for anything. Our parents never made him, they'd never made me either, but I didn't want to be babied. Unlike Liam, I wanted to be able to function without mommy's and daddy's help. I was only 16, but I knew I was grownup enough to handle supporting myself financially.

David had an spare room since his older brother, James moved out to attend college last year. He said that I was more than welcome to stay with him and his mother until I had enough saved up. Mrs. Nolan adored me, so I wouldn't have to worry about imposing. An I'd be more than willing to help around the house to show my appreciation.

I'd probably lost my mind, but Emma was worth it if I had to do all of this. I took a deep breath, turned on the webcam, and got ready for a showdown.

Emma's POV

I was a nervous wreck after Killian left. He was going to talk to his parents about letting him stay here when he got back to the Humbert's house. I was stressed out enough from everything that happened earlier today, but now I was in full panic mode.

He said he'd tell me what they said tomorrow at school, but I couldn't wait that long. I was pacing my room back and forth, bitting my nails, when I heard a knock on the door. Oh god. What if it was Killian? He hadn't texted me that he was coming back, but that didn't mean anything. This must be really bad.

I reluctantly walked downstairs and opens the door. Just as I had feared. It was Killian. I was always thrilled to see him, but not so much this time. What if he was here to breakup with me because his parents said no? Did he think a clean break was the best thing for both of us before things got too serious? Too late for that.

"Hey," he said softly with a small smile. "Can we talk?"

I gulped nervously and slowly nodded. Was this really it? I gestured for him to come in and we went up to my room.

"So, I talked to my parents about letting me finish up high school here like I said I would," he started out slowly as he sat on the end of my bed.

"And?" I prompted, biting my lip.

He sighed heavily. "My mother freaked out. She said absolutely not."

"What about your dad?" I asked, hoping there was a little light at the end of the tunnel.

"He said he was okay with whatever I wanted to do," Killian informed, and then took a deep breath. "And then my mum kept slapping him upside the head until he said no too. They said if I don't come home...they'll cut me off."

"Oh crap. That's not good," I sighed, as I ran my hand nervously through my hair, another thing I picked up from Killian. I plopped down on the bed next to him, placing my head in my lap.

"Hey, don't worry," he assured softly, he moved to kneel in front of me. He tilted my chin up so I looked him in the eye. "I've already got it figured out. I had a feeling they'd do this. I'm gonna get a job. Hell, I'll even get 3 jobs if that's what it takes."

"And what about a place to live?" I questioned shaking my head. I couldn't let him do this. "If we weren't dating, I'm sure Ingrid would be more than happy to let you stay here. But since we are, I highly doubt she will."

"I've talked to the guys about that," Killian half-smiled. "David said his mom would be cool with me staying at their house until I get on my feet."

"But for how long? It's going to take awhile to save up to get your own place," I pointed out. "And minimum wage isn't going to get you that nice of a place. You'll probably only be able to afford some crummy little apartment. And then all that money will be wasted when it should be going towards your college fund. Don't you see how unrealistic that is?"

"Yes, it's unrealistic," Killian sighed. "But if that's the price I have to pay to stay here with you, then I'll pay it."

"No," I said sternly. "I'm not gonna let you throw away your whole future for me. Killian, you should just forget about me and go back to--"

No. Don't talk like that." His voice was starting to have an edge to it like mine. "Being here with you is the only place I want to be. I don't care about what my parents said. They can't threaten to cut me off and try to back me in a corner. Not this time."

I rolled my eyes, he was being ridiculously stupid right now. "But I'm just some girl you met less than 2 months ago. I'm practically a stranger, they're your parents. You can't choose me over them. I'm not gonna let--"

"Dammit Emma! I'm done having this argument!" He raised his voice, I'd never seen him this angry before. "I'm not just gonna forget about you and move back to Ireland. You aren't just some girl that I've been hooking up with for the last 2 months. You have no idea how much you mean to me. And for you to sit here and say these things about yourself just pisses me off because I'm in love with you!"

My eyes went wide. For once in my life, I was completely speechless. Did Killian just say he was in love with me? I swallowed heavily.

"What?" I asked in barley a whisper, when the shock wore off just enough for me to form words. "You love me?"

His eyes went wide, just like mine, probably realizing what he'd just said. Or should I say yelled. He stared back at me in complete silence. His eyes snapped away from mine as he looked at the floor, scared of rejection.

"Killian?" I tried again gently. He slowly looked up at me. "You love me?"

"Of course I love you," he said as if it was so obvious. "I shouldn't have just blurted it out like that, and I shouldn't have snapped at you. But I just got so mad when you started saying those things. My parents said I'm not thinking straight, but I'm thinking more clearly than I ever have in my life. I've never been this happy. That is until I met you, Emma. I'd be an idiot to let that go, to let you go. But I already am, because I've probably scared you and brought those walls back up and--"

I silenced his rambling by grabbing him by the collar and brining him to my lips. "I love you, too," I whispered, leaning my forehead against his. Killian looked me deeply in the eyes, before his lips were back on mine.

His mouth claimed mine in a deep, insanely passionate kiss that made me forget my name. I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck as I instantly kissed him back. And in that moment I was ready. I was done waiting. I loved him, and he'd just brought music to my ears by telling me that he loved me too. I'd never felt so safe and secure as he held me so tightly that his fingers dug into my hips.

We still had a mess on our hands to sort out. But the important thing was that he'd told his parents to shove it and that he wasn't going to leave me. I pulled him with me as I laid back on the bed. I broke our kiss, our lips barley separating, as I stared him deep in his ocean blue eyes, while unbuttoning his shirt. Letting him know what I wanted. His eyes went wide.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.1K 1.9K 24
[[WARNING THIS STORY CONTAINS VERY ADULT CONTENT INCLUDING STRONG SEXUAL REFERENCES, STONG LAUNGUAGE POSSIBLY VIOLENCE IF YOUR ARE UNDER 18 I STRONGL...
14.5K 1K 23
Emma Swan(32) moved to Storybrooke with her 14 year twins Henry and Rosie. But there is a creepy house across the street from them. A man lives insid...
30.7K 1.9K 40
Emma Swan and Killian Jones were in love since they met back in the 6th grade when Killian was a new student in Storybrooke. It took them awhile but...
19.8K 1K 13
Emma at age 18 is fresh out of Juvy and is in desperate need of a job. After getting turned down repeatedly, she decided to drown her sorrows away at...