P.S - I'm Not Your Barbie

By Rebel_Rosa

All my life, my family and I have been living the American Dream. Or at least that's the front we put up to a... More

Ditching and Justin Beiber (ch.2)
A Thanks.... Kind Of.
Daredevil in the Making.... (ch.3)
Oopsie! I Didn't Mean Too.... Yes I did (ch.4)
Yeah, You're Perfect and I Have A Lion Up My Ass (ch.5)
What do you Want Now? (ch. 6)
Hubba Bubba Chuba (ch. 7)
Just Wondering Chica (ch.8)
Teacups (ch.9)
Cue the Dark Music (ch.10)
Oh No You Didn't (ch.11)
You Have To Shoot Him Sweetheart, Or I'll Shoot You (Ch. 12)
I Did It for Him (ch.13)
Another Dinner, Watch out... (ch. 14)
What Happened to my Hair? (ch.15)
I'm Not Cool, I'm Amazing (ch. 16)
Welcome to the Family (ch 17)
The Time (ch 18)
Hey Brother (ch 19)
Metamorphosis (ch 20)
Disappointment (ch 21)
Author's Note
Welcome Back Attitude (ch 22)
A Crazy Little Thing Called Betrayal (ch 23)
"Oopsie-freaking-daisy." (Ch. 24)
Unfreaking believable

Good Girl, No Way (ch.1)

7.6K 101 40
By Rebel_Rosa

So I guess you already read my summary.... If you didn't.. well then you didn't miss the creation of the world.

-R

Jessica's POV

I wake up on this morning of September...something to the sounds of my annoying alarm clock. MONDAY, I think to myself.

Have you ever felt like you had so much energy Saturday and Sunday that you woke up on Monday drained? Most people, when they think Monday, they think school, and the odds are high that they might actually groan again, and that's a fact.

I kind of happen to be one of the people on the quite small list that actually like going to school. I get to have a whole different personality depending on the person I am talking to.

I will admit it, I'm a liar.

I feel "Zen" at school, nobody knows me there, in their heads, I could be a hockey playing clown. I am not your average girl. I have an attitude and I'm not exactly your normal definition of the word nice.

I am the eldest of a family of four, and we all live like a bunch of puzzle pieces; we're perfect together and unable to understand when apart.

Yeah, not exactly. Let me get one thing straight, what I just described, you know picture perfect family, is a load of crap.

Our house might look like that from the outside but once you walk inside... You'd be surprised at what you'd find.

Maybe I should call up my fake therapist a tell her about my new found discovery; I have mommy and daddy issues.

So once I find the needed energy to get out of my soft and comfy bed, I go shower and I get dressed.

I don't bother with any make up seeing as the only place I'm going to is school and I open the door of my bedroom, exiting my "sanctuary".

I skip down the stairs with my back straight and a smile on my face. My attitude change is sudden, but familiar to me as I come closer and closer to my mom. Over the years, we have grown apart, but it is expected of me to be impeccable in the eyes of my mother. Mistakes and faults aren't a possibility.

Before my feet touch the first floor of the house, I see my fourteen year old sister Skylar at the end of the stairs,waiting for me.

"Hey Sky, what's up?"

"Nothing, mom is in one of her "moods" again." I nod once and we head to the kitchen together.

"Finally the girl actually doesn't look like a bum." My mom says under her breath.

"Hello mother." I say.

She ignores me and hands me and Sky our lunches. I guess my sister was right.

We head for the front door after I grab my backpack from the front closet.

Even though I had gotten my license from the mail earlier this year, my mom didn't want to buy me a car or even let me get a job to pay for it.

Her point: my daily morning exercise; walking.

I say bye to my sister while she heads in a different direction with one of her friends that was waiting for her a few houses away from our own.

Once she is out of sight, I start walking deep into the forest to find my secret shed.

In movies, people make it sound like walking in a forest is a walk in the park, but it's really not. I can count more than 5 cuts on my left arm because I didn't notice a log underneath me as I was walking. I slipped. How do I have the nerve to call myself a bad ass, especially in this dress? Pathetic.

Most people ask me why I walk around in dresses when my attitude is such a contrast to my looks, but they seem to understand when they see my mother.

When I was around fifteen years old, my mom remodeled my closet. She put in all the dresses and all the skirts she could manage, telling me that this was my style from now on and I could only wear what she picked or approved of.

Let's just say I didn't listen.

I change out of my dress of the day and put on my trusty leather jacket. Other stuff too! Just saying, I wouldn't want people thinking that I walk around nude...

After I change clothes, I continue walking through the woods until I face the front of the school.

I go to a... A semi private school, you get to wear what you want but the academics are at a higher level than the other schools.

We're smarter.

I watch as a jock throws a football into the air and towards his friend, only to have it hit his face.

On second thought, maybe we're not smarter.

At school, I am your cliché Bad Girl that gets into trouble by doing bad things, but I would only consider myself as a little daredevil in the making.

I play pranks that get me sent to detention, so what?

Am I really bad ass? Maybe.

It is only the second week of school and I am already making an impression of being a good for nothing rich girl.

Great, mom and dad would be so proud.

I head in the direction where my friends are standing once I hear loud voices talking animatedly.

My three amigos; Brian, Chelsea, and Josh stand, waiting next to the doors talking about some party they went to and who danced on the table shirtless.

Poor nerd, she must be so embarrassed right now. I laugh.

"What's up?" I ask, adding myself into the conversation.

"The sky, heaven, the sun" Brian answers and the laughs like its the joke of the century.

I don't get it.

"Very funny Brian" Josh says annoyed.

"So did you see the new kid?" asks Chelsea, "He looks as if he is the new bad boy, but I don't think he knows that he is trying to take your spot..."

"Really?" I say as a smirk starts forming on my face, "Well I guess I'll just have to make sure if he really is a bad boy for myself."

With that said, I watch as the rest of my group grow smirks on their faces too, they know just how I'm going to do it.

DRINGGGG (the bell rings)

"Look I better go, my mom would flip even more than normal if she saw I got another detention."

In truth, I could care less of what she thought of me, I just didn't want to have to face the consequences.

I start walking towards Math class. As I turn the corner, my smirk falls. The hawk, or Principal Dean has just locked eyes on his prey; me.

He's not a pedophile or anything; he just doesn't take a liking in this particular student called Jessica.

''Hello sir....'', I say with sarcasm dripping out of those two words. I even add a salute.

He gives me a glare. Perfect, I think. I won't be seeing him after high school.

''Meet the new kid, Jesse Gosper.'' I turn towards the new kid, so he's the new bad boy...

Honestly looks like a stuck-up jock with a large dash of player.

His dirty blond hair and blue eyes make him look like the next Ken from Barbie.

I can hear the schools cheerleaders now... they kind of piss me off.

It's a long story, don't ask.

''Hey'' he says, running his fingers through his hair.

''Jessica, I want you to show Jesse around.... and if you don't then I'm sure your mom would love to know about your behavior in school and your accept ion letter from Oxford'' Mr. Flayer smirks, obviously pleased with his blackmailing skills.

''I would have done it anyways; you don't have to blackmail me. Anyways, this gives me a new person to corrupt'' I say.

His smirk automatically falls off his face and is replaced by an ugly scowl. I would kill to know what was going through his head right now, probably along the lines of "Oh shit".

I roll my eyes and burst out laughing at the thought, while I turn towards the new kid, still recovering from my spurt of laughter.

''SO, I guess I should show Jesse around....let us go now new kid'' I salute to the principal like a good little soldier and I start walking towards our destination; the lockers.

''Are you the so called "Bad Girl" of the school? What's with the principal blackmailing you?'' He asks, his feet stepping into place with mine.

He studies my face for a few seconds trying to get a good idea of my persona.

Unfortunately for him, you can't magically know something about me by looking at my face. I guess I'm just good at hiding my emotions and my face isn't an open book. Unlike many people that I know, I know how to control myself.

''Yeah I guess you could call me that.... and the principal knows that I have strict parents, he thinks that he can use it to his advantage but I could care less about what he thinks, and..." I say smirking a little,'' What is your locker number?''

''341'' he answers.

''Hunh. Well partner, your locker is right next to mine... this one'' I say and point my index finger to the locker. I grab his schedule from his hands and compare it to my own. We have the same classes... all part of the enriched program.

''We have the EXACT same schedule... Only 20 minutes left of math, do you want to ditch?''

If you liked the chapter, don't forget to comment or vote. Please. Write to you later,

-R

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 162 16
I was just having a walk, from me and my mom arguing over my life and job. I usually don't let them get to me but this argument did . I regretted lea...
Streets By Ash

Teen Fiction

5.3K 162 28
*previously was known as adopted into a family of bad boys* "I always got the blunt of the burden... I always took the blunt of the burden..." I paus...
119 0 18
My family never had good luck and ended up in caskets until it was just me and my father. Dad turned to drugs after my mom's death and even though he...
8.3M 196K 100
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...