A Few Ways to Say "I Love You...

By lady-date

One shots, based on 85 sentences or more on how Levi says I love you. The art used in the cover is not mine... More

"Pull over, let me drive for a while."
"It reminded me of you."
"Go back to sleep."
"Stay."
"No reason."
"I'll still be here when you're ready."
"Stay there. I'm coming to get you."
"Foolish girl."
"It looks good on you."
"It can wait until tomorrow."
"I like your laugh."
"Can I kiss you?"
"It's okay. I couldn't sleep anyway."
"You're warm."

"The key is under the mat."

920 28 7
By lady-date

Modern AU

Levi has been sitting on the sofa for a few hours now. As he was, he kept checking outside the window once in a while. He was hoping there would be a figure walking back to this place, to this home.

It has been approximately 2 and a half months ever since you left. He remembered so well how you walked out of him with pure hate and sadness. He wondered why though, and how could he have let you just walk out the door so easily? It was too easy to let himself block your way, but he did not. And now he was there in the sofa, waiting for your return. If he has no work, this would be his routine in daily basis. Eat, clean, sit, check, sit, check, sit, get up, take a bath, sit clean, check, sit, get up, sleep. This was how his free days would go on. He was not getting tired of it, in fact he has grown more patiently each day.

You on the other hand, remained in Hanji and Mikasa's place. They tried to clear your thoughts off, tried to convinced you he was still waiting. But you refused to return. Even though you would not admit, every inch of you wanted to break free from your restraint and walk back to him. Your feet continued to wander aimlessly on the streets, 'accidentally' reaching the front porch of the little yellow house that you two once shared. In free days like these, you would find yourself in a routine. Wake up, eat, walk, stare at the house, walk, sit in front of the house, walk, stare at the house, try to knock, stare at the house, walk, sit in front of the house, go back home, eat, sleep. This was how you would spend your days when you have no work. Instead of growing tired of attempting to come back,  you have grown more eager to walk at least 3 miles to him.

3 miles.

It was number of distance that set you two apart, however you two were only an inch away if you'll be basing it to both of your hearts and minds that keep wandering to the other. Levi continued setting up the table for two. He continued pouring water for the invisible person opposite him. He continued fixing your side of the bed. He continued saying 'I'm home' once arriving. Apparently, you saw him doing these things and you thought he was doing it for Isabel. Your heart felt heavy and you tried to remind yourself that you are no longer his girl. In times where you witness these things, all you can do is walk back to your flat you are sharing with Hanji and Mikasa and sulk for the remainder of the day.

In one of those kind of days, you walked home shocked to see Hanji and Mikasa close while reading a letter. Noticing your figure, Hanji folded the letter back and waved it in front of you. "Mr. Shorty has a letter for you missy." You made a run for it but Hanji laughed while raising the letter up.

"(y/n), honestly what happened between you two?" Hanji inquired as she held the letter up within your reach.

"That's none of your business Hanji. Now please give me the damned letter!" You jumped up trying to get a hold of the letter addressed to you.

"It would be easier if you would tell us, you know." Mikasa intervened. She shrugged and sat calmly on the sofa.

You sighed before setting down. You know damn well that she is right. "Well, nothing really happened. I just...told him that I didn't love him anymore." You told them honestly.

Hanji glared at you, trying to kill you with her eyes. "What the fuck little miss perfect?! WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK (Y/N)!" She screamed.

"Oh god, there must be a reason why." Mikasa sighed rolling her eyes. You paused for a moment, remembering what has happened.

_

Walking to back home, you can't help but feel giddy because you got a promotion at your work, then you'll be coming home earlier than Levi. This means that you would be able to cook for him, and tonight was pasta night. You had already shopped for your ingredients and you were hyped to start cooking but when reaching the front porch of your lovely home, you were taken aback to hear loud shouting and laughter at the other side of the door. You wondered if there were bandits that broke into your house and got all home-y. But before you could burst the door open, you recognized one voice. It was Levi's.

"Stop it. I dare you to reveal this to her and you'll be the one who's sorry." Levi spoke, laughing after every damn word.

"Really now? But if I do, you'll be the one who's doomed. I mean come on. This is some juicy secret." You heard a woman's voice speak out and you know who's it from but you can't pinpoint to who it belonged to.

"Fuck off Isabel. We are the ones involved here. Expose me and you'll be in for some trouble too." And hearing it from Levi, your mind was able to put everything in place. It was Isabel's.

"Hah. But come on Levi, you'll have to make it quick. The sooner you do it, the better it is for us. Keeping things like this is such a fucking load in my heart." Isabel laughed. You pressed your ear further to the door hoping to hear more. Then you heard shuffling of the sofa and Levi groaning. "I mean come on, keeping a secret like this? I am hella scared of her finding this out too. What if our plan fails? Then everything goes down. I hope she wouldn't be pissed at me though."

You heard Levi groan again before a loud thump was heard. Isabel was laughing. "I said sod off Isabel. Just shut the fuck up and keep this secret longer."

You couldn't take it any longer so you stormed in the room, red and fuming. Levi was sitting on the sofa while Isabel was kneeling at the floor. Even if the two seemed like they weren't doing anything, their conversation was enough for you to stride over to Levi and slap his face. You cried while attempting to say coherent words. But the only things that left your mouth was, "I don't love you." And with that you left the yellow home, leaving Levi and Isabel utterly speechless. 

_

"I was too confused that day...I saw Isabel in the house. They were talking happily and of secret things. And so I entered and I told Levi, I didn't love him anymore because I wanted to hurt him. He was a fucking cheater." You frowned, remembering everything.

"Well, were they doing anything suspicious?" Hanji asked, her voice still loud.

"Her being in the house is suspicious alone!" You defended yourself.

"You're such a stupid girl (y/n). Getting jealous at his best friend like that. You're so fuckin' stupid. The only acceptable reason you would've done that if they were kissing or something. For fucks sake, get the fuck out of here and save his sad ass woman!" Mikasa, a girl of a few words, suddenly said growing tired of the stupidity of the couples' fight. "Such a lame and shallow excuse of a break up." Then she stood right in front of you and slapped you hard.

"Mikasa-!" Hanji rushed to the both of you and got in between.

"What? She needs a lesson, Hanji. She's a dumbass for jumping to conclusion." Mikasa faced Hanji with the same expresionless face before facing you. "Now you woman, you need to get your shit together and get there now. You're one hell of a lucky girl for still having him even after 2 and a half months. You must not disappoint me, got it?" She gripped your shoulders before pushing you out the flat and into the streets. "Oh by the way, have this." Mikasa took the letter from Hanji and threw it to you.

"Now, now (y/n), play nice or else Mikasa will stab you. An Ackerman is an Ackerman after all!" Hanji squealed before shutting the door.

You first stared blankly on the door before gaining your senses back. You groaned before breaking into a run. 'What the fuck were you even thinking (y/n)! Mikasa is right, you're so fucking shallow!' Your subconscious mentally screamed and you ran faster than you ever could. The people you passed by were wondering on why this girl was running in a three-inch boots, but you didn't care. It was fall and it was not to be judged. The most important thing to do right now is to reach the said place and apologize for everything that you have done. As you made your halt, you have encountered Isabel again. She stopped walking too and looked at you with a serious expression.

"Whatever you may be thinking, I hope you got your shit right. Before doubting him, remember you trust him. Most especially, know his best friends, please." She simply said before leaving.

You paused for a moment to catch your breathe before walking further in the house's front yard. The house haven't changed at all, except for a few daisies that have started to grow. 'Strange, we never had flowers. He hated flowers.' You thought to yourself. You knelt down in the flowerbed and took one. Smiling, you only thought of only one reason on how he could have possibly planted it there.

"No picking of flowers brat."

You didn't have to turn around to know from who this was coming from. You stood up before slowly facing him. And no matter how fucking cliché it was, the world seemed to stop as the burnt orange and red leaves started falling around you. It's like the earth was enveloping the two of you together. A long silence took in place, allowing you to look at him with pure longing. You tore your gaze away from him, turning to look up at the leaves that went on falling, you smiled a little.

"How cliché." You both said at the same time. You turned back at him, smiling that he was also looking at the surrounding that enclosed the two of you.

He sighed, before taking a few steps towards you. You can hear the crunching of the leaves as he walked. He stood right in front of you, before slowly bending down to be able to capture your lips in his. Your eyes slowly closed, and so did his. If a few moments ago, you swore that the world went to a stop, right now it was spinning fast. It did not stop spinning and it went on and on until he pulled away from you. "I think, now is the right time to the thing I haven't been able to do almost three months ago." He whispered before pulling something out of his coat. He then knelt down on one knee before opening the velvet box where a beautiful diamond ring sat.

"The time you caught me and Isabel laughing, we weren't doing anything wrong...I wondered why you left, I wondered why I let you walk out the door." He breathed heavily. "I wondered why it even happened, everything went by so fast. I lost you so easily that day. And I wondered why I let two and a half months fly by without clearing everything out for you." By the time Levi was speaking, you could see he was tearing up. You heard him curse for crying but he carried on. "But to be fucking honest, (y/n), I was scared all the time. I thought I was losing my mind. I thought I was going crazy for always setting up a table for two, for always pouring water on your favorite mug. I thought I was losing myself for leaving the door unlocked at times. For leaving the goddamned key under the mat. But fuck. I didn't clarify to you that the only reason Isabel and I were talking about secrets was because of this. We were planning on an engagement party, most especially a proposal day. Isabel was internally shaking because she knew she couldn't keep secrets like those things because she gets overwhelmed. I didn't want to break you, (y/n), and I'm sorry it seemed like that. But I honestly swear to god, I am loyal and I love you. So please, please, please. Come back? Stay? Marry me?" Levi asked as he looked at you with hopeful eyes. "If you do not like, I mean-yeah. Fuck this sappy shit-ugh I mean Please. Just fu-"

You pulled him by his coat and kissed him. After almost three months, you were able to kiss him again. He did not hesitate to pull you closer and you complied. After months of separation, you are now together once more. You momentarily pulled away, catching your breath before remembering something. You pulled out a letter and arched a brow. "I have not read this, only Hanji and Mikasa did."

"The key is under the mat." Levi paused before continuing. "That is all that's said there. I was hoping you'd come back after knowing you had a way in." He blused a bit, making you laugh and pull him closer.

___

Unedited.

So this is definitely a filler chapter/update. My mind is in total havoc AND I THINK THIS CHAPTER DID NOT MAKE ANY SENSE ._____. I am not totally satisfied with this, idk. So I'll be checking this chapter soon and revise it.

Anyway our finals just finished the other day aND I AM HAPPY THANK GOD. BUT my friend grabbed my soul and dragged me down in the dARK PITS OF OWARI NO SERAPH'S HELL  SMH. So yes, I am doomed. (FUCKING OBSESSED WITH MY HOE MIKA, MY BOY  YOICHI, AND MY MAN SHINYA)

Oh god.  This is embarrassing. Please pray for my soul.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

969K 24.3K 23
Yn a strong girl but gets nervous in-front of his arranged husband. Jungkook feared and arrogant mafia but is stuck with a girl. Will they make it t...
218K 9.1K 24
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
167K 4.9K 51
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
1.7M 58.5K 72
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...