When the Moon Takes Over

By breathe_the_night

Alexandra Halsey is an ordinary girl with ordinary friends. She doesn't feel complete and fully happy, maybe... More

My life, My friends.
Little crush
Marks and healed wounds
Fantasy became reality
New attitude
Missing part ( New attitude)
Alcohol with a hint of teasing.
Introductions and surprises.
Around the fire.
Father, daughter time
The bitter-sweet full moon
Morning after
Words can only do harm
Broken hearts
What's happening?
Explanations
Letting people in
That little monster that lives inside each of us
Secrets that brings us closer
Emotions that control us
Befriend your inner wolf
Tales of horror
There is no competition
Falling in love
Distractions
Some things are better left unspoken.
The heat season
Thanksgiving Dinner.
Let the truth be revealed.
Breaking the chains
Only a part of it
Darkness comes to life
We had an agreement
Saying no to the throne?
Something about you
Getting to know each other
I need you
Guilt and regrets
Let's begin
Connecting with yourself
Death is upon you
Obsession
Chaos
Chaos Pt. II
History of our family
Too late to stop a war
The end of an era
Bring you back to me
Epilogue
Author's Note
Sequel!

Safe Haven

14.4K 574 124
By breathe_the_night

Cassidy's Pov

"Cassidy, it's time we talk."

Suddenly, I began to feel dizzy. Swallowing hard the giant lump that has made its way up my throat threatning to suffocate me.

There was Jules in all her glory. Looking compose as always, her demeanor never changes. She looks and represents a woman of true power. Yet there was this immense sadness in her eyes.

I got in the back seat with her, the driver quickly taking off.

"I see you have recover pretty well." She said. If only she knew how far from well I was.

"Yeah, it came as a shock to everyone really. I healed way too fast. Almost like nothing ever happened."

"I see." She said softly this time pulling a cigarette out of her Louis Vitton purse.

"If only you knew child the odyssey my daughter went through to make sure you properly recover."

"Where is Alex, Jules?" I asked, afraid of her answer. She took a long drag from her cigarette, letting the smoke out gracefully.

"You will get that answer soon enough, let me know if you get lost while I explain..."

Alex's POV

I woke up, looking at a deep blue sky filled with white and rosy clouds. For a moment, I believed I was breathless. The scenary was too breath taking.

"It's good to see you finally awake." Deep brown eyes staring at mine. Making me stand up.

"Marcus!" I embraced him in a hug making him laugh.

"It's good to see you again kiddo" I have missed him. He was like a second father to me.

"You look great." I said looking at his spotless white shirt and black jeans. There wasn't even a bruise on him, which made me frown. How did he recover so fast?

"I feel great child, how about you?" I inspected myself. I was wearing a long flowy white dress. My hair loose. My feet bare feeling the humid leaves under me.

"I actually feel fantastic." His smile only grew. I looked around. Not really knowing where we were. Everything was fascinating, from afar I could hear the sound of rivers flowing. The air was too refreshing. The sun shining through the massive maroon trees? The sky was an explotion of bright colors.

Everything was peaceful. Even the aroma around us was different. Like wild cherries and pine trees.

"Where are we Marcus?"

"Walk with me my child." He extended his arm which I took. Taking a long breath he replied.

"This is our heaven Alex." It confused me.

"What do you mean?" He looked at me quizzically.

"You don't remember your own death?" I stopped walking. Everything came rushing back, Cassidy, the war, Rydelle and my death.

"We're dead." I said to no one in particular.

"We have served our purpose, now we are free Alex, we will see them again at some point. That's our reward." We continued walking. Somehow I couldn't feel sad, nor angry. My heavy soul was resting. Even my wolf was at ease in this place.

We came to a stop, my eyes filling with tears of joy. All my fellow pack members who had lost their life protecting us were here as well. They were laughing and singing around a fire.

"Alex!" Came running a blonde boy I knew a little too well.

"Nicko" I said embracing him in a tight hug. He spun me around with the biggest smile on his face. He was also wearing a white button up shirt. His feet bare like mine.

"It's been too long. So good to finally see you again."

"It's good to see you as well Nick." There was just so much joy in my chest right now, an inexplicable feeling. Behind him came running a redheaded I grew to love. Taking me by complete surprise actually.

"Kylie?" I asked unsure. Her eyes met mine and with a big smile she hugged me also.

"Shocker huh?" It was indeed. She used to be one of our best fighters.

"Walk with us the young ones Alex." Nicko said mocking Marcus making him laugh. We began to walk around the forest. My eyes still adjusting to such beauty.

"How is this even possible? I thought that after death nothing else really came."

"This is a gift from the moon goddess. A way to put our souls to rest and cleanse us from the poison inside our hearts, every werewolf comes here." Nicko said putting his arm around my shoulders.

"What about humans? Do they come here as well?" I asked unsure. Kylie's eyes looking far ahead. Catching mine and Nicko's attention.

"Mm, no only werewolves are allowed in this realm." I tried feeling sad for the both of us but I just couldn't. Kylie and I will never get to see our mates here.

"Your sister misses you terribly Nick." He smiled upon hearing about it.

"I love Veronica so much, I know she will be fine."

"How are you so sure?"

"Well you see, to ease our pain the moon goddess allow us to see the lives of our loved ones. Vero will be an amazing mother, Roy makes her happy, he is such a good mate. Her baby boy will be called after me, Nicholas, she will even get married of course there will be shitty days but other than that she'll be happy." Hearing that made my eyes water. It made me happy to hear that one of my friends will live a happy life.

"How could you see all of that?"

"It comes in dreams, right Kylie?" She nodded smiling.

"Penelope will become a writer, our true story will be a best seller actually. People will think it's another amazing fantasy book, what they don't know is that it is in fact a true life love story. She will eventually meet someone else and somehow I'll get to see her again. After her journey is complete."

"That is just so amazing. They'll be okay." They both nodded. I really wanted to know what would be Cassidy's story. What will happen with her life? I just wish to see her happy. Eventually we stopped walking. Stopping in front of a huge crystal like waterfall. The rocks were a sparkling violet. And all the fallen leaves were yellow, some even turquoise. I was in heaven, finally I felt at peace with myself. Others were happy as well. Our souls got purified here, there is no anger, no need to feel above of anyone because we are all the same. Creatures of the night created by the moon goddess with a purpose.

When night made its glorious appearance it was like nothing I had ever the honor of witnessing. As in a gift itself my ears were blessed by the sweet melody sirens provided. Allowing my everlasting soul to rest. We each had been provided with super sized tents. There were no luxurious mansions here, this was an untouched realm. Looking just exactly as when the earth was created. Small fire lights were scattered around my tent providing me some light. I was able to see my sky ahead. Filled with billions of stars, making a smile spread across my features. Yet even though I was in heaven itself surrounded by people who completely love me, a part of longed for those hazel eyes that made my other life spin, my heart implode, and my thoughts drastically race.

"It is good to see you again my child, in much better circumstances now." I looked at my right from my cozy bed to see a tall beautiful beyond words woman. One I had the pleasure of meeting before. The moon goddess was wearing a long sparkling like the stars above silver dress. Her hair long and loose yet at the sides braided, letting them fall to the end of her back. Her silver eyes and unique smile making me feel at ease. She was truly a Goddess in every sense of the word.

"It is very peaceful here." I said back just as soft as her stare.

"Come my daughter we shall walk." She extended her long delicate hand for me to hold." When I finally did we got out of my tent. Everyone already asleep in their own peaceful haven.

Around us nature had seem to have its own glow. Leaves were sparkling a light shade of blue as well as green and specs of purple. Night birds chirping away up in the high trees. Not to mention the sirens lullaby.

"Is this what earth looked like before us?" I asked once again curious, perhaps the child in me was still there.

"It is a well replica of what earth used to be." Her melodic voice replied.

"You are by far my strongest warrior Alexandra." She continued as we walked these majestic grounds.

"Your strong will, reinforces the strong believe I carry in my heart, that werwolves are pure and honest to their feelings. In you I have seen true power. Not even your mother possesses. Your heart is pure even though it got touched by malice. It is the main reason you are here. To purify it once again." I didn't know how to reply to such words, how could I when they were so honest?

"You wish to see Cassidy's life after you?" She offered making my nerves rise even more.

"If it is not much to ask for." I said back gently making her chuckle. We stopped and both of her soft hands took mine in them.

"Close your eyes, look for her." The moment those words escaped her mouth, I got lost in a search for Cassidy. Until I found her. There were noises, and I was looking inside her house.

"This is beautiful." I said in awe of it. It wasn't a huge house it was rather modest and very unique just like her. I walked down the spiral staircase, in search of the noises coming from downstairs. There she was. For a moment I forgot how to breathe or maybe I wasn't anymore. She was preparing breakfast, her honey color hair in a messy bun. Her skin looking flawless. Then I saw it. Her wedding ring in her left hand. I didn't know how to take that. A part of me grew happy she finally had moved on, yet another me felt envy for the person who got to share all of this with her. She looked a bit older, maybe now in the age of twenty six or so. Her face looked more mature and if possible more stunning.

"Cassandra honey, get down here you're breakfast will turn cold." She called. Licking from her fingertip a bit of muffing mix. A little girl ran past me as if I wasn't even there. Which technically I wasn't. She had long golden locks like her mom, her dazzling smile too.

"I really love your blueberry muffins mommy." The small girl said. Her eyes somehow looked my way, she had stunning green eyes, not to mention dimples like me too. Making me laugh with tears in my eyes. She was very beautiful.

"So does your mom, so leave some for her too sweetheart." Cassidy scolded upon seeing the small child putting too many on her plate. Cassie sat besides the infant before kissing her head.

"Are you excited for your first play tonight?" She asked taking a sip of her coffee. The little girl nodded quickly shovelling  a big bite of her muffing into her mouth.

"Yes I am, I got to play the main role."

"Honey chew before you speak." Cassie scolded yet a warm smile was on her face.

"And your mom is so proud, after all you got the lead so you can imagine how that makes her feel." The little girl laughed nodding her head.

"Do you love mom very much?" She suddenly asked. Making me gulp too.

"Oh honey, she's my entire world asides from you. There are no limits for the love I share for your mom and you." She picked her up and started spinning the child making her laugh hysterically.

After putting Cassandra down she spoke again.

"Go wake your mom up, she'll be late for work."

"Okay!" Said the child before sprinting upstairs.

Cassie surely made her life worthwhile. It was beyond beautiful. The look in her eyes, it was pure happiness.

"I will always love you baby." I said making her look my way but everything quickly faded. I was met again by bright silver eyes.

"Is it everything you envisioned for her?

"It was way more." I said softly because even though this was heaven a part of me finally managed to feel sadness.

"Even in my pure realm feelings as sadness have managed to touch you. Imagine just the power within you Alex."

"I need you to come back to me Alex please, I need you here." I managed to hear making me look at the Goddess in shock. A tingling sensation spread through my hand all the way to every inch of my body. I looked at my hand studying it.

"After all the months you've been here. Finally Cassidy was able to be close to your body."

"What do you mean by months?" I asked her shocked.

"You have been asleep here for over a month, making it in real life almost two months after your death. Cassidy Scott is reaching out to you... I will allow you and only you to make the choice. Do you wish to go back or do you wish to stay here at peace waiting for your beloved?"

"She can't come here though." I only managed to say. Making the moon goddess smile tenderly at me.

Cassidy's POV

When my eyes landed on Alexandra's fragile body my entire being turned ice cold. My blood felt thicker, not really running through my body. After all this time I finally got to see her, just not in the way I have thought I would. It was as if she was there physically but clearly not spiritually. She was paler than usual, as well as thiner. I gulped hard because I had no idea what I was feeling. It was way too overwhelming. Jules was looking at the both of us intently. The sadness radiated from her body making this all much more depressing.

"I'll give you some privacy." Her voice came out raspy. Slowly my feet carried me to the bed. Sitting by her side gently. As if she was asleep and I were afraid to wake her. I took her pallid hand in mine. In that moment my tears couldn't hide anymore, they fell endlessly mostly because of what Jules had explained earlier about Alex. It was her choice to come back from where ever she might be at.

"Please baby, come back to me. You have no idea how much I actually miss you and need you. Without you I feel empty. Many say we are too young to feel this deeply, but with a connection like ours it is hard to not feel that way. They might not get it, but we do and that's all that matters." I kissed her forehead with tears falling from my eyes. My heart felt way too heavy. Perhaps too much sadness in the delicate organ.

I laid beside her with my face buried in her neck. She was my true home, where only I felt safe. Instantly I fell asleep. Holding onto the hope that she will find her way back eventually.

******

Days had gone by in a blur. My mind mostly blank, only thinking about my beloved. Everyday after school I spent hours in her room, Sometimes reading to her and others telling her how my days were. I also was the one to take care of her personal hygiene. It was already around April. Her dad just had found out what happened, he came as fast as he could. Spending an amount of hours in her room. His sobs were heard that day around the place. He was afraid of losing his daughter. Jules managed to calm him down after he blamed her for everything, yet deep down he knew this was Alex's choice and she was unpredictable.

The cold was starting to fade, it was much nicer out without the need of heavy coats. Even though wolves didn't mind much the freezing weather.

I left her alone for a couple of minutes, because I had to use the bathroom. But when I came back my whole body turned frigid. She was no longer resting on her bed. I looked around the semi dark room panicking because this had to be a terrible joke. Yet when my eyes landed on a figure standing by the window I forgot how to breathe properly. Her eyes stared at me glowing green. A shade I had never seen before. A smile spread across her face instantly making my insides melt. I couldn't move. I could only stare at her smiling at me, looking more beautiful than ever. In that moment I gained composure, running to her. She caught me in her arms lifting me from the ground and spinning me. Then I felt it, my tears falling. We stayed in each others arms for what felt like hours until we finally parted. Those magnificent green eyes taking me in whole.

"You're really here." I said softly, my hands touching her delicate face making her eyes close. Her smile never leaving.

"I'm here and I'll never leave you again." She said just as soft making me cry harder. They weren't tears of sadness, but all the contrary. After what has felt like a lifetime, we were finally back together.

My lips found hers in a delicate manner, moving in sync. I had never kissed someone who kissed better than her, her full soft lips against mine tasted like pure sin, but nothing ever took to heaven like they did. Because they were both. Her hands took a hold of my waist as my arms wrapped around her neck. The kiss didn't take long to become more desperate. Her velvety tongue ran across my bottom lip asking for entrance which I granted. Feeling her explore the inside of my mouth made a moan escape my lips. It was somewhat embarrassing because she wasn't even touching me in that manner, though I'd be lying if I ever said I didn't crave to be taken by Alexandra Halsey.

"Claim me." I said breathless, resting my forehead against hers. Without saying anything further she picked me up, laying me down on her bed. Her green eyes staring deeply into mine. No words had to be said for me to know how much she truly loves me. Again her lips found mine, my hands finding her raven hair locking my fingers with her long locks. Pulling her a bit more agressively. Her hands were caressing my sides lovingly, my eyes instantly shut when her full lips found their way to my neck. Kissing my already sensitive skin. Another moan escaped my lips when hers found the mark she'd left a few months ago. Making my back arch from the bed, yet her hand steadily placed on my left ribcage and pushed me back down. My entire body was burning up already with her touch. She sat up on my hips staring at me with those mesmerizing green eyes, her lips swollen. I picked myself up too, resting my weight on my elbows. Her hands found the hem of my shirt making me lift my hands so she could take it off. I did the same with her sleeping gown. Leaving her only in her underwear. I took in her naked upper body, not really being able to hold in much longer. My lips connected to her erected pink bud making her release a moan. My other hand grabbed a hold of the other one. Massaging it in a way I knew she would love. Her hands were in my hair, her lower region grinded against my thigh, I could already feel the dampness between her legs. She pushed me back down with her hand a bit roughly making my lustful state even worse. Biting her lip she began to unbutton my jeans taking them off along my with my panties. I felt as this was my first time, feeling so exposed to her was making my cheeks burn up. Especially watching as her eyes took me in whole.

"Why are you so beautiful?" She asked but didn't give me time to respond because her lips connected with my upper body. Her skilled hands taking off my bra, leaving me completely naked. My hands reached for her hips, gripping them tightly. I felt on edge already, I am pretty sure the covers were soaked with my nectar. Her lips found my nipples giving them the attention they seeked. Making me moan her name in frustration. I wasn't sure how much teasing I could endure without falling apart underneath her. Sensing my distress she began to trail kisses down my body, almost making me release in anticipation. I was a moaning mess by now. Without shame her skilled tongue found my most intimate part making me buck my hips. My hands quickly grabbed a hold of her hair keeping her in place. When I felt her strong muscle circling around my entrance I was sent over the edge grabbing onto the bedsheets tight a loud moan escaping my lips. Though she had made me cum her tongue entered me making me arch my back even more.

She began to go in and out steadily until I came down from my high. I was way too sensitive now and she knew that but she wanted more, frankly I did too. She removed her tongue, her eyes looking at me with too many emotions making me gasp when I felt her enter two fingers. Her lips once again sucked on my sentive pink flesh. I could feel her so deep within my core, it was an out of this world feeling.

"Alex." I moaned hopelessly by now. Her hand picked up pace making my hips raise from the bed. She made me cum again harder than before. My eyes rolled to the back of my head, I couldn't believe how great she made me feel. My hands were covering my mouth and I was pretty sure my lip was bleeding by now. My face grew even more red when I heard slurping sounds. I looked down and saw her face still between my legs. Making me release more shameless moans. When she stopped and faced me she licked her lips that were glistened with my juices. Then she took her fingers out gently and licked them clean. I couldn't form coherent words because it was just too damn hot in here. She was making me feel all sorts of ways.

"You taste so good baby girl." She said making me smirk. She quickly kissed me. Sucking on my bruised lip. My hand ran up and down her spine making goose bumps appear. I also love the effect I had on her. I was already weak, but she had other plans. She started to grind accomodated between my legs.

"I'm not sure I can take more." I said with my voice already hoarse.

"I'm sure you can handle me a bit more." She moaned next my ear making my skin burn up. I couldn't describe this lust. She took off her underwear and I felt her aligned with my center making my head roll back. My body arching. She started off slow, then picked up the pace. My nails were digging on her back and shoulders as she panted on my neck, biting down on it making me moan louder than before in pure ecstacy. Our sweaty bodies connecting as one was a feeling like no other felt before. She was moaning often letting me know she was close to reach her peak just as I was. With a few more moves of her hips we were both sent over the edge. I could feel my juices damping the bedsheets. Alex fell on top of me, but I didn't mind at all. I was way too exhausted to even form words. So I just stroked her hair collecting both of our ragged breaths.

After minutes later she spoke softly.

"I love you so much Cassidy Scott." It made me smile. After so long I felt complete once again. I felt whole and it is all because of the green eyed beauty resting on top of me.

"I love you so much more Alexandra Halsey." She looked at me this time. So much love in those eyes, making me melt. My hands reached for her chest. Tracing the scar where her heart is. Reminding me of how close I was to losing her.

"Don't think of that now, I am here to stay my love." She said, almost reading my thoughts.

"I wouldn't handle losing you again." I closed my eyes. Her forehead resting on mine. Outside it began to pour down. Making me feel more relaxed in her arms.

"You won't, I promise." With that we both fell asleep out of exhaustion. There weren't words to describe how I felt in the moment. Because there were no words to describe the love I feel for her. Our bodies spoke the words we could not express.

A.N>> Hey guys, I want to thank you all for making it this far and supporting this book the way you have. I am so thankful. I thought it wasn't going to get as many views as it has gotten which makes me proud. I am sorry for the long wait and hopefully it was worth it. Writing smut is very hard may I say so I found myself a bit lost while playing with the correct words to use. Anyways let me know what you think. Next and final chapter will be the Epilogue. Happy Saturday.

Lots of love. Karie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 69 19
"I can't stay here." "I need you here." "I need my pack." "I need my mate." "Correction, you want your mate." ******************************* Blaire...
872 19 20
she was normal, had a life and loved it the way it was. she had to best friends who you would think could talk in their heads. but what happens when...
1M 20.2K 31
"I, Cal River, Alpha of the Climax Night pack reject you, Raven Woods, as my pack's Luna and as my mate." ***** Raven Woods was born a rogue. She wou...
450 22 18
After her sister died she was forced to grow up. To prepare for a title she never wanted and fulfill the expectations of her pack. As much as Samanth...