Being the Girl

By unendingly

Danni Parks best friends are all guys and she is perfectly fine with being the girl. She can't stand hanging... More

01 -- Spaghetti Hair
02 -- Frozen Bras
03 -- Name, Adress, Social Security, and a Bag of Bacon
04 -- Fake Numbers and Saw
05 -- Whipped or Not
06 -- Ketchup Periods
07 -- Washboard Abs and Sparkly Poop
08 -- Kiss and Yell
09 -- Bacon Withdrawl Syndrom
10 -- Loopy Gas
11 -- Pinky Promises and Lighters
12 -- The Triathlon
13 -- Puke Breath
14 -- Fairy Wings and Dress Up
15 -- Fire Ants, Hospitals, and Barbie Dolls
16 -- Robot Zombies
17 -- Hide and Seek
18 -- Barney Boxers and High Heels
19 -- Badass Five-Year-Olds and Paint Showers
20 -- Goose Bumps and Killers
21 -- Fashion Designers and the Amazing Sibling
22 -- The Prank Master and Ice Cream Faces
23 -- Grape Soda and Broken Arms
24 -- Down and Dirty and Sand Soccer
25 -- Puppy-dog Eyes and an Extra Side of Bacon
26 -- Breaking Points and Explosions
27 -- Underwater Kisses and Vats of Purple Slime
28 -- Flipped Over Air Matresses and Flipped Over Tables
29 -- Sugar Rush and Spilled Gatorade
30 -- Snoring and the Queen of France
31 -- Melted Ice Cream and Kissing in the Rain
32 -- Back Dumpsters and Six Football Players
33 -- Loads of Garbage and Superheros
34 -- The F Bomb and the First Tears
35 -- Middle Names and a Million Years
36 -- Painted Asses and Rookies
37 -- Swings and New Ways of Killing
38 -- Room 358 and Janitor's Closets
39 -- Unbroken Pinky Promises

Epilogue -- Being the Girl

5.8K 119 68
By unendingly

 So everyone it really is the end now. Ahh! I'm gonna miss this so much! I'll write a big author's note at the end explaining some stuff and then it'll be over, but PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END. A big thanks to 830freckles for making this banner over to the side too! But thank you guys for reading and this is just to show how the rest of Danni's life plays out so it'll change time periods a lot, but I hope you like it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Months Later

“Congratulations, graduating class of 2012!” Screams erupted around me as we all threw our hats up into the air like all graduates did. I quickly retrieved mine, a giant smile on my face. Soon I felt arms wrap around me from behind. My giant smile became even bigger as I turned around to get a kiss.

I quickly kissed him back before I pulled back. He smiled, looking at me with pure love. “We graduated.”

“Craziest year ever. I just can’t believe senior year is over,” I said.

Alex nodded, agreeing. “Best year ever is more like it.” He leaned in to kiss me again, but I felt arms pull me away. I turn around, knowing who it was instantly. I threw my arms around Garrett.

He picked me up and twirled me around. I laughed as he sat me down. All of the other guys had now found us in the swarm of kids and we were all group hugging. I laughed as we pulled back. I looked over to see all the mom's and dad's taking pictures of us, including Garrett’s mom and dad. I rushed up and hugged them. “Danni! I’m sorry your parents couldn’t make it,” she said sympathetically. I shrugged. I had figured they would have been busy. “But I promise to take a million pictures for them.” I laughed.

I laughed as we all got pictures together. We did serious ones, but she told us to take some stupid pictures too. Me and Garrett hugging, me and Ashton  making stupid faces, me and Ryan making peace signs, me and Logan sticking our tongues out, me and Trevor standing back to back making guns out of our hands, me and Noah making rock and roll signs, me and Alex kissing, and finally a giant group picture of us all doing something stupid. I laughed again.

I was going to miss some of my friends. Me, Alex, Garrett, Ashton, Noah, and Ryan all had decided to stay closer to home and go to Ohio State. I was glad so many of us chose and got accepted into the same college. Whereas Logan decided to go to Kent State, and Trevor decided to go to the University of Akron. Of course I was going to miss the hell out of them, but they would always be my best friends in my heart.

Alex wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. “Ready to start packing?”

I rolled my eyes. “We’ve got summer still.”

He laughed. “That’s right summer. Just me and you all summer,” he whispered, getting closer and closer. Our lips were about to meet when someone had to interrupt us.

“And us!” Noah said, butting in. He put an arm around both of us. I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at him. After we told the guys we were getting back together, they went crazy. After Alex explaining his story, begging, pleading, threatening, and some taking action on the threatening, they had all agreed and were warming up to us again.

I finally smiled and wrapped my arms around his back and Ashton's who was at my other side. “And you guys too. This is going to be the best summer ever."

6 Years Later

I laughed and bumped him with my hip. Alex looked down at me and smiled. He intertwined our hands as we walked through the park. We were back home for a while and Alex asked me to go back to the old park that we had gone to a lot when we were in high school. I missed the old park.

Alex walked down to the edge of the water and took his shoes off. I did the same and we let our feet be washed clean by the water. He looked around and smiled. “Do you remember this spot? It’s where you first told me you loved me.” I looked around and smiled. It seemed like such a long time ago, but at the same time it was clear as if it was yesterday.

“That was like… six or seven years ago, Alex.”

He laughed. “Six and a half.” I smiled and splashed him with my feet. He scooped water into his hand and smirked at me.

My eyes got big. “Don’t you dare.” We may be twenty four, but we still managed to be children at heart most of the time. We bring it out in each other, which is another thing I loved about him. His smirk got bigger and I got up to run, but it was too late. I felt cold water splash on my back and trickle down it. “Alex!” I screamed. He laughed and took off running. I quickly ran after him.

He ran fast, but I eventually caught him. I hit him and we fell down. We were both laughing so hard we were about to cry. He silenced me with his lips. Mine moved against his for a second before he pulled back. I looked at him curiously as he bit his lip. I quickly got off of him and stood up, but he stayed on the ground.

I gave him another curious look. He smiled and quickly cleared his throat. He got up to one knee and I gasped. He smiled and pulled a box out of his pocket. I shook my head in shock. He was not doing this. He laughed at my reaction. He opened the box to reveal a ring with one giant diamond and two more, smaller ones to the side. I gasped again. He smiled. “Danielle Rachel Parks, I love you. I have loved you since the day I laid eyes on the girl making a mud pie in kindergarten and I want to live the rest of my life with you because you make me crazy when you’re just near me. You’ve become like the air I breathe. If you left, I’d die. I never thought that love was so strong until I met you. You've taught me what true love is and I want to make sure that we have that love forever. Will you marry me?”

I screamed and threw my arms around him. He laughed, but I kissed him fiercely, cutting him off. He smiled into the kiss and his lips began to kiss back as he caressed my face. I stopped for a minute. “Yes,” I muttered onto his lips. “A million times yes.” He smiled again before our lips melded together once more.

Two Years Later

I sat patiently in the room. Alex was clutching my hand tightly. I knew he was just as nervous as I was. I heard the door open and close. I kept my eyes focused on Alex’s which were focused on mine as we waited for the picture to appear on the screen. He squeezed my hand. The sonographer put jell on my stomach and pressed the small device over it. Soon a picture appeared at the screen and I stared at it. I looked at our small child. It was something we had created. I felt pride swell up in my chest as I stared at the screen. “Mr. and Mrs. West, you are having twins—one girl and one boy.” Alex’s jaw just dropped in complete shock and I can’t say I was much better.

I blinked a few times. Twins. We were having twins. I shook my head slightly and looked up at the sonographer. He was trying to suppress a smile. He must have seen a lot of parents do that when they found out they were having twins. I looked back at the screen now and looked more closely. I could make out the two different bodies. I looked over at Alex again.

He seemed to be still in shock and I gulped. What if he didn’t want twins? “Alex,” I said quietly.

He snapped out of his trance and looked at me. “Twins,” he muttered. I slowly nodded. “Twins,” he repeated. “Danni, we’re having two kids. We’re having twins.” A smile crept up onto his face. I smiled and squeezed his hand. He reached up and kissed my cheek. “I love you so much. And I love them.” He nodded his head toward the screen.

I swelled with pride again. “Twins,” I said in agreement. “A boy and a girl. Oh the guys are going to be excited. I love you too, Alex. I’m so happy you actually want twins.” He smiled and nodded eagerly. I couldn’t believe he was so willing of the idea. Most guys would be nervous, but he was ready to take the task head on. “And I love them too of course. We will make sure we are the best parents ever.” He smiled and nodded. I was so happy at the moment. I felt as if nothing could touch me.

9 Months Later

The nurse walked back in with two clean children in her arms. One was in blue and one in pink. She gave me the girl and Alex the boy. I looked down at her. She was so beautiful and tiny. She was bright pink and fragile. I couldn’t believe that me and Alex had created such a beautiful little baby.

Alex was looking down at our boy with the same adoration. He looked up to meet my eyes. They interlocked and love filled me. “What are you going to name them?” Garrett asked, admiring them. He had one of his own two months ago with his wife he met in college, Carmen. They named him Jace.

Ashton had already had his three months ago with his wife he had met, Lilly. His boy’s name was Reese. Ryan’s was due in four months with his wife, Jessica, and Noah’s was due in a few days with his wife, Taylor. It was funny how somehow we all ended up having kids the same year. I knew they would all be friends in the future just like we were.

I snapped out of the future. They were just being born. There was no need to worry about that now. I looked over at Alex. He smiled. “Samantha Alexis,” I said, averting my gaze down to our girl. She barely opened her eyes and they looked at me. “Do you like your name?” I asked, touch her cheek. Her small hand curled around my finger. I held back tears. She was so beautiful.

Alex was admiring us. “Xavier Daniel,” he said looking down at our boy now. All of the guys smiled. And I couldn’t help but smiling too. This was definitely the best day of my life.

16 Years Later

Sam walked up to me. She was tugging at her hair like she did when she was nervous. I quit washing dishes and looked over at her expectantly. She looked up. “Mom, there’s something I wanted to talk to you about.” I nodded, telling her to go on. She took a deep breath and tugged at her hair again.

I looked at our daughter. She had very light brown hair, a mixture of my and Alex’s hair. She had her father’s bright crystal eyes, but she was short like me. She was beautiful—the perfect mix between both of us. However she acted more like me then like her father.

“I think I like Jace. And I know it’s weird telling you, but I have to tell someone and I can’t tell one of the guys because…” She broke off as she saw me triumphantly smiling. “What?” she asked cautiously. My smiled widened.

I couldn’t believe this. My daughter like Garrett’s son. I never in a million years thought that this would happen. “Honey, it’s fine. I’m glad you told me.” I chuckled a bit. “You two would look so cute together.” I pictured Jace. He looked so much like Garrett did when he was that age it was scary. “You know your father and I were best friends. He was in my group of friends just like you. We fell in love too.” I smiled as I thought back on all the times we had together.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I turned around to see Alex. He smiled, showing his laugh lines. “We were best friends. And boy did we fall in love.” I smiled as he leaned forward and kissed me.

“Ew! Gross! Mom, dad, please do not make out in the kitchen!” Xavier said, walking into the kitchen. Alex smiled against my lips and pulled back. He let go off me and continued where I had left off cleaning the dishes. He looked over at Sam. “What were you saying squirt?” he asked, ruffling her hair.

She swatted his hand away. “Don’t call me that. You’re three minutes older than me, not three years. And we weren’t talking about anything important.” He shrugged and I looked over at him. He was built more like his father, tall, strong, muscular, but he had dark brown hair like mine, yet it was shaggy and slightly curly like his father’s used to be. He had my navy blue eyes too. He acted a lot like his father most of the time.

He shrugged, grabbed a soda, and walked out. Sam turned her attention back to me. “I think he likes me too. I mean we’ve been dared to kiss, but there was once last week that he wasn’t dared to. He just… kissed me,” her eyes were alive and sparkling. It reminded me so much of me when I was younger. She was in love. I could already see it all playing out now like it did for me and Alex. She looked up to me for guidance and I would give her some. I swore to never become my parents and put work before my children. “What do I do?” she asked, confused.

I smiled. “Just go with it. Trust me. If it’s meant to be, it’ll happen.” I looked back at Alex who smiled at me. “I know from experience. And sometimes it’ll seem rough, but you’re a teenager in love. It happens. And it’s not always easy being with all the boys. But in the end it pays off being the girl.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE READ!!!: Woop woop!!!! Ahh I love the ending of this story. What did you guys think? Ahhhh It's finally over. Geez I'm going to cry. Well I know this story can be set up for a sequel and I know I said I wasn't going to do one to somebody, but my thoughts have slightly changed since then. I am going to start a new series called Coming of Age about witches and I hope you guys will join me for that. But anyway, I want to get that book started first and if it goes smoothly I WILL CONSIDER A SEQUEL. I don't know how long it will be or if there will  even be one yet, but if I decide to do one, I will tell you all in a message! :D Okay you don't have to read the rest if you don't want to. It's just some cool facts.

****UPDATE!!!!!!: I HAVE MADE A SEQUEL TO BEING THE GIRL!!!!! It is called Being with the Boys. You can go to my profile and click it or click the "external link" button below the tags on the side. I hope you all enjoy it. Don't forget to comment and vote! Thank you :)

So who wants to hear a few secrets? ;) Haha. Random facts that you may or may not know about BTG:

-Garrett is based off one of my best guy friends in real life, Garrett. He is also my favorite character!

-I originally was going to make Logan and Danni get together. xD

-When I look back at the beginning of the story, it seems like trash; my writing has matured a lot more.

-I originally had Danni getting back together with Cody after her and Alex broke up, but I didn't like it, so I made it Jace!

-The middle names of the babies are variations of Danni and Alex's names if nobody caught that.

-I've always hated Cody and it was tough writing him and Danni being together. :P

-Danni is a ton like me, although I don't have only guy friends. :D

-I love all my fans, whether you have been there from the very beginning or joined sometime. You guys have meant the world to me. You're support kept me going through this whole thing. I never have thought it would get so popular and I owe everything I have done with this to you guys!

I hope you all liked the ending and join me for my next story and maybe a sequel to this. Please comment, vote, and fan! :D

Adios! (for the last time on this story)

-believeinu <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439 32 27
Falling for a guy is never simple, but falling for your brothers best friend... now that's a whole new level of complicated Danni is your normal girl...
3.1K 301 41
"Seriously you've dated the same guy since freshman year!" He asks astonished. I nod my head. "So, you've only kissed one guy?" I laugh. "Why does...
8.8K 497 36
Order of Series- book 1- Loathing Logan Book 2- Still In Love With You Book 3- Loving Your Imperfections Book 4- The Best Friend's Deal (...
339K 12.5K 80
Order of Series- book 1- Loathing Logan Book 2- Still In Love With You Book 3- Loving Your Imperfections Book 4- The Best Friend's Deal (...