Mateless or Not I

By SarahYBooks-

You know once you think that, 'oh life is nothing but happiness or nothing but sadness' it is actually a true... More

|| Prologue ||
||PART ONE - EXCRUCIATION ||
Chapter 1 || Covered Up
Chapter 2 || Just An Act
Chapter 3 || Lies
Chapter 4 || Day Free
Chapter 5 || Surprise
Chapter 6 || News
Chapter 7 || Hunt
Chapter 8 || Last Day
Chapter 9 || Back to Prison
Chapter 10 || Odd
Chapter 11 || Eerie
Chapter 12 || Pale Lily
Chapter 13 || Denial
Chapter 14 || A Change
Chapter 15 || Missing Memory
Chapter 16 || Masquerade Ball
Chapter 17 || New Start
Chapter 18 || Necromancy
Chapter 19 || Prick of a Rose
Chapter 20 || Sirens
Chapter 21 || Not His
Chapter 22 || Brutal
Chapter 23 || Divinity
Chapter 24 || Messed Up
Chapter 25 || Forget It
Chapter 26 || End
|| PART TWO - ONCE UPON A TREE ||
I.
II.
III.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV. THE END
E P I L O G U E
Final Author's Note
UPDATE READERS!

IV.

1.4K 74 13
By SarahYBooks-

Look in the mirror.... that's your competition     

Chapter 4

I let out a frustrating huff, my part of the introduction is coming up. I have it prepared in my head, but I doubt my wordings will come out the same.

"That is it, I want to thank you all for listening" Derek ends his speech, with a professional gesture.

I get up, knowing it's my turn to go. It's just an introduction right, nothing more than that. With a smile plastered on my face, I walk up in front of the meeting room. "Hello everyone, it's an honour to be here. My name is Seraphina Reed. I am an intern here, hopefully starting my position soon. Art is my passion and my dream, my motto is that everything is possible, even chasing after something that may be impossible, you just need to believe. I am grateful to be here, and hope to share you my amazing work with the amazing artist that you all are" I say, with a gratitude. I relax as everyone starts to clap, my eyes scan the room of dozens of people. Okay maybe not dozens but many people,

I can see my friends waving for me too come back, and them all cheering. With a little smile and a nod, I go back towards my group. "you did amazing!" Regina cheers, making me blush.

"Thank you, thank you!" I laugh, taking a seat with them all. Well, now I feel relaxed and at ease. I eye the yummy refreshments that are scattered on the red velvet table. My stomach grumbles from the sight of the delicious pastries and sweets, that are decorated on the plate. Looking around something beautiful catches my attention,

Wow, he is hot. Handsome, beautiful... oh my god... Oh my god what is happening to me. I quickly look at my group talking, trying to avoid that handsome man who was speaking with all the people. "Okay, can we get food...now!" Noah groans in annoyance.

"yes.. yes..." Regina shakes her head. I get up and walk towards the long table that aligns the room as a border. At the site if food, my stomach starts to grumble making me blush pink. shut up stomach, hmm... i have no idea what to have. There are so many yummy things, I can feel my mouth start to water. Gulping down, hoping I down drool, I make my way along the table.

"How are you feeling" Someone speaks, causing me to yelp in fear. I drop my plate, oh no no no no noooo! My chocolate fell on the guys shoes. Not bothering to look at his face, I quickly grab some tissues and bend down to clean it up.

I am so dumb, I am so clumsy, I am so stupid,..

I am just the EMBARRASSMENT OF SOCIETY

"Uhm, no you are not... and it is okay" The guy bends down as well, biting my bottom lips I look up and lock eyes with the guy. Oh my god! It's him, the hot dude. The guy, the one... oh my god.... oh my god... i'm gonna die!

Unknowingly my eyes grows wider than expected, I quickly look down, and let go of the tissue allowing him to do the work. "I - I am so sorry.,.. i am... you know, I was just" My mouth stumbles on the words. Holy crap, yes seraphina way to go.

"Just watch your way next time" he smirks. Pfff... he should have also, okay yeah maybe it is my fault. "Anyways how are you?" he questions startling me.

I look around oddly, and back to his dark green eyes. "uhm... good?" my words come out more like a robot. Why is he asking how am I? I barely know the dude... this guy is tall! Even when I am where damn heels, and he is miraculously beautiful!! his hair is golden and green eyes like oh my god man. Okay, my attitude is changing. Clearing my throat, I stand up straight, "why do you ask?" I say. Okay, wait his accent tho!

"I... uhm... saw you fainted outside"

Squinting my eyes at him, my mouth opens wide as I see him pursing his lips to hold back a laughter. "excuse me?! You think this is funny!"

"No, it's just that -

"You know what! You deserve no welcome!" I almost yell at him, spinning on my heels and walking away. I can hear him fadely telling me to wait, but you know what I will just ignore him. Perfect, who laughs at someone who was fainted outside...! Like I am inside thankful for him, but seriously yell at me.

I head towards my friends, my eyebrows still furrows in annoyance. "What's up with your face" Derek scoffs. I scowl him in annoyance, but let out a deep breath relaxing myself.

"A rudie just made fun of me" I mumble, pouting my lips on purpose. Only to receive a hug from my friend.

"rudie... did you just call someone rudie?" Derik bursts out in laughter. "you know there are other words like jerk, moron, bit-

"shutup"

"Let's go meet Jacqueline" Anna points out. We all nod our heads, and make our way to jacqueline. I clear my throat as I stop the rudie talking to jacqueline. Well, I am not going to let him get away with me missing my chance to meet her. As we approach them, they both look at us.

I keep my eyes at Jacqueline, not even looking once at him. "Oh, are these the lovely interns" Jacqueline squeals bringing a smile on my face.

"Oh Interns... these are you interns, Jacqueline" The Rudie speaks. She nods her head and greets us all. Honestly from what I can see, she is quite young and beautiful but you can tell she is in the 40's while the rudie seems late 20's. He looks very young, and annoyingly good looking.

"It's extremely nice to meet you" Anna cheers.

"Yes, we have always admired your work" Noah and I speak at the same time. We both I eachother, that was clearly unexpected. She laughs and looks at me, as if she has seen me from some where.

"you darling, are you misses reed?" She asks. I nod my head, with a amuse face. Wow, she knows my name. "I really loved you work, when Brad told me about your interview I was quite impressed" she winked.

Did she just say that to me,..

My friends all start to clap, and I feel my cheeks blush red. "Wow, I do not know what to say thank you!" I exhale a deep frustrating breath. I can feel my palms getting sweaty, wow I am so nervous holy shit!

"Yes, oh dear... no need! This is my excellent client, the head of all the employees here" she points at the guy.

The guy looks at me with a smirk, "it's nice to meet you all... I can't wait to work with you guys" he says.

My eyes open wide, as I realize he Is MY BOSS! He is my boss, oh my god I need to breath. Nodding our heads, we all excuse ourselves and walk away. "he is hot!" Regina sings. Anna giggles in response, they both sigh at the beauty of his presence. While I am here, with my arms crossed, fearing to death, Want to know why... whatever.

"whatever" I mumble and leave the room since the meeting is about to finish. I catch a glimpse of Noah following behind me, "yes?" I ask looking at him.

"thought you might want some company" He says, flinging his arms over my shoulders. "Come on, we kind of just met but like, we are a group of friends... tell me what's wrong?" he pouts.

"That rudie, was him. The one who was laughing at me because I fainted outside! like -

"what the heck!? you fainted" I cover his mouth immediately as it echoes in the hall. Groaning I let go and shut him up.

"yeah... It was getting cold and stuff so I fainted, he saved me, and now he makes fun of me... okay I am acting childish now aren't I" I sigh.

Noah nods his head solemnly as we walk outside the building. A calm silence fell in between us, making me feel more relaxed. Okay, seraphina. Probably he was laughing at you, but why are you overreacting. It's not like he is your boyfriend, or you someone who you are close it. Letting out a breath, I giggle a bit. My actions flashback through my head, which causes me to laugh more. "im.so.sorry.i -

Before i knew it, I am already slapping my thighs in fits of laughter. "Oof, wow, okay I am good" I sigh, pursing my lips. I look at noah, his facial is in complete utter weirdness, shocked and awkwardness.

"you are officially weird" he mutters.

***

"get up!"

I groan in annoyance, grabbing another pillow I shove it on my bare side of face so I don't have to hear my annoying brother waking me up.

"Seraphina, wakey wakey" Lucas sings. Ugh, I want to sleep!

I love sleep!

I want to marry sleep. Letting out a harsh huff, I push the blanket off of me. Okay maybe not the best idea, I quickly pull my blanket back on me as I feel the cool wind hitting my body. "You need to wake up and take me to my friends... house" he whines.

Groaning again, I shit on my other side, burying my face in my comfy lovely pillow. Why is it so quiet now, oh no. "p-please don't -

before I could say it, there it goes, I can hear Lucas loud whimpering and sobbing noises. Jerking up on my bed, I kind of snort feeling and sounding ugly as I always am. I probably look like a gorilla right now. "i'll get ready" I grumble, god I sound horrifying. Recklessly I run my hand through my knotted hair wincing in pain, as I feel my hair pull.

How the hell did I sleep tonight.

...

Okay, I am done staring at the wall, I jump out of bed and head towards the washroom. Shower or no shower? I mean everyone takes a shower every morning right? But me, uhm, I will do it but like not right now... i just don't feel like it.

hmm, which scent today. I'll go with mint, grabbing my toothpaste I slide it on my toothbrush and start brushing my teeth. "without-you-i-feel-broke-nananana" i mumble dancing around. Humming to a tune, I dance around the washroom looking like a beautiful, idiotic weirdo. My body jerks as I hear a loud knock on my door.

I rinse my mouth, and quickly brush my hair. Let it out, or bun? Bun. Putting it in a loose bun, I plan to paint afterwards I drop Lucas off too is friends house. The nock occurs again, making me jump out of a scare. "please wait, i am coming" I yell out. The footsteps finally fade away. If I am going to paint, I should wearing something which I can get messy at.

Staring at my reflection, I nod my head in approval as I eye my black hat and black overalls that are just their... for painting. "Sorry, I am here" I sing. Running down the stares, I make a right turn and walk down the entrance hall.

"Mom, Dad I am going out" I shout out, they say their goodbyes, and I walk outside with noah. My face is met with gust of cold wind, I can feel my lips already starting to turn numb. I open my garage, and grab my huge canvas board ready to paint.

"You are going to carry that all the way to their house?" Lucas asks.

"No, we are taking the car" I wink at him. Lucas face drops, well I understand why I do not have my actual driving license but I do have my written test passed. And also, his friend lives right around the block, so there's no harm. "Hey!" I yell out at Lucas who was secretly going inside. With a groan he stomped back towards me.

We both get into the car. Okay, I can do this. I sigh, gripping onto the steering wheel. Turning the keys the car engine started. I nod my head, boy am I smart I look at Lucas who was burying his hands in his face. "i won't kill you" I laugh. Slowly pressing the accelerator, a smile spring on my face as I see the car slowly starting to move.

"Lucas, it's all good" I say. Without even realizing I already arrive at the house. Unlocking the car, I step out and so does Lucas. We both make our way towards the house, this house is actually quite pretty. It's one of the biggest in the row. "what time did mom say you can stay for?"

"1 hour"

"alright i'll pick you up in an hour" the door flies opening revealing a small excited kid about Lucas's age.

"Yaaay! You are here, let's play transformer" he roars. I wave a goodbye and leave towards the car. Hmm, should I just go out for a little stroll. I mean, no one will catch me right? I kind of just want to roam outside, go out and paint rather than in my room. Clutching the steering wheel I finally decide to just drive around.

That guy did have hot eyes though, I mean he did look good... very good... amazingly to good to be true... wait why am I thinking about this. Oh god, I need to stop. Really stop, hmm let me think about the painting. Oh yes, that beautiful painting that I saw earlier though, the tree... the way you can imagine it's realness. I love it.

I should paint something like that, I should really paint like that, oh my god okay maybe I could paint something with, no not birds, okay how about a nice egyptian theme. Something with the pyramids and the sun seeping through allowing the viewers to actually feel the hot sensation. Letting' their minds fly away in thoughts. "yes, yes yes!" I squeal.

"wait - wha" I stop the car. Looking at my surroundings. Oh no, it's 10:30, I have been driving for 30 minutes?1 Where am I. Oh no, this was a horrible idea. I should turn back, before I decide to my eye catches a glimpse of an unknown bridge. I am certainly somewhere, where I am not suppose to be, I think I just trespassed and area. Oh shoot, I did!

I remember the yellow sign, how could I completely ignore it. But that bridge, that bridge is alluring, I really want to know what is beyond there. Taking out my phone, I go on GPA. Hmm, okay let's locate, I am exactly 30 minutes away from my place. Meaning I have 30 more minutes left to pick up my brother. Ugh, that means on my way back an hour will happen, and I will be right on time.

My phone rang causing me jerk up on my seat. I have a horrible habit of getting scared easily. I really do not know why. Oh god, it's my mom. Picking up the phone, "hello?" I sheepishly say.

"where is the car SERAPHINA REED!" She shouts.

"I'm so sorry mom, I, I, I am coming. I am just around the block" I lie.

"Come now, I need the car in 5 minutes"

"o-oh okay" I gulp. Yep I need to go, Taking a fast turning, I press the acceleration a bit way too fast making me scream as I speed across the road. "PLEASE NO COPS, PLEASE, PLEASE GOD" I scream. Ugh But i wanted to see the place.

Screw life.   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32 5 50
I've never wanted this life for myself-this life filled with perils and evil. It's like a dream I can never escape from-a dream which I'm forever stu...
17.7K 970 33
Right from the beginning, I was the unfortunate one. I had to sacrifice my needs because of destiny. I endured a lot and almost lost who means the mo...
137K 7.7K 12
Luna's have gone extinct. Since birth, you could smell a Luna who was going to one day meet their Alpha mate from miles away. Everyone had forgotten...
1.9M 44.4K 67
Have you ever felt so broken that you couldn't pull yourself out of bed and continue to live your life like you used to. A simple task such as tying...