On the Devil's Path {a SOA se...

By MCRchic03

This is the sequel to As Straight As The Crow Flies! McKayla comes back to Charming with doubts in her mind a... More

chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
Chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty - END

On the Devil's Path {a SOA sequel} chapter one

13.1K 198 9
By MCRchic03

okay here we go! I'm starting the sequel! I hope you enjoy it and continue to read it!!

Someday, you're going to find yourself face to face with what you fear the most. It will be in that moment you'll have to decide what kind of man you are. Will you be the kind of man that hops onto a Harley and rides as far away as you can? Or will you be the kind of man that stands up and grabs what you're afraid of by the balls and pulls? I can only pray that you'll become a better man than I was.

JAX

Fifteen....sixteen......seventeen...eighteen...nineteen...twenty.

I grunted as I pushed through my last sit up. I grabbed a towel that was beside me and wiped the sweat from my face. Abel started fussing from his crib. With a sigh I pushed myself off of the floor and went to get him.

"Hey little man, what's wrong?" I asked him as I picked him up.

He sniffled and I bounced him on my hip.

"Let's get some breakfast." I said.

I brought him into the kitchen and set him down in his highchair. As I started making his bottle, my cell phone started to ring.

"Yeah,"

"Jackie, we need you at the table."

It was Chibs. I handed Abel his bottle and leaned against the counter.

"I'll be there as soon as Neeta gets here." I told him.

We hung up and I pushed my hands through my hair. I looked at Abel and smiled to myself. He was getting so big. He smiled up at me and held up his bottle. I laughed and took it from him.

"I guess you were hungry then." I said with a grin.

Abel laughed and I kissed the top of his head. At 9 o'clock sharp, there was a knock at the door. I opened it and saw Neeta. Her eyes traveled from my eyes down to my waist, and then back up again. Her lips stretched into a smile and she winked at me. Right then is when I remembered that I was just wearing a pair of sweat pants and I was still covered in sweat.

"Good morning, Jax." She said.

I smiled back and let her inside.

"Morning."

She grinned when she saw Abel and went straight to him. I shook my head and chuckled as I went to the bedroom. I traded my sweats for jeans and pulled on white shirt. I strapped my knife to my belt and shrugged my cut over my shoulders. From the side table I took out my gun, I took out the clip, checked it, and put it back in before putting it in the pocket of my cut. I gave Abel a kiss and Neeta gave me a hug.

"Have a good day, Jax." She said with a smile.

I smiled back and walked out the door. My Harley sat proudly in the driveway. I took a deep breath as I put on my helmet and swung my leg over it. For a moment, I swear I could feel her behind me. I could feel her arms wrap around my waist. I closed my eyes and forced myself to start the bike. She's not there, not anymore.

**six months earlier**

"So how are things going at home?"

McKayla sighed and I could hear the creaking of a bed under her.

"Oh, they're going. We decided that we're going to leave what happened between Derek and I in the past." She said.

I leaned against the wall behind TM and closed my eyes.

"That's good darlin'. I'm glad." I told her.

Tig and some Crow Eater walked passed me. He winked and I chuckled.

"What's going on out there?" McKayla asked.

I turned and looked out at everyone. Gemma and Clay were talking to some old friends. Chibs and Half Sack were sucking face with some strippers. Tig disappeared into the club and Bobby was already inside. Opie was sitting by himself drinking straight Jack.

"Just a club party." I said with a shrug.

"Oh." She said shortly.

I raised my eyebrow and a smile pulled on my lips.

"Don't worry babe, I'm not having a good time without you." I assured her.

"You better not be." She muttered.

I laughed and so did she.

"I miss you Jax." She said softly.

My heart ached at the sound of her voice. I sighed and hung my head.

"I miss you too, darlin'."

Someone in the background called for McKayla and she muttered something back.

"I have to go. I guess we're going out with my grandparents." She said dryly.

"Don't worry babe, it's only a few more days and then I'll be waiting for you at the airport." I said.

"I love you Jax." She said.

Op started making his way towards me, in his hand was another bottle.

"I love you too babe."

We hung up and Opie handed me the bottle.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

I untwisted the cap and took a long pull from the whiskey.

"Yeah, everything's good."

He nodded and leaned against the wall beside me. I took another sip from the bottle and handed it back to Opie.

"I'm out brother." I said.

He nodded and we hugged. I went over to my bike and swung my leg over it. Gemma gave Clay a kiss before walked over to me.

"You okay baby?" She asked me.

I nodded and gave her a smile. She smiled back and leaned down to kiss my cheek.

"Everything will be back to normal soon." She said.

"I know, mom." I said.

As I reached over to grab my helmet, Juice came running out of the club house.

"Jax, something happened at Cara Cara."

McKayla

It's strange being home. I haven't been in this house since I was 16 years old. I feel like a stranger, like I don't belong here anymore. I am not the same person I was when I left.

"McKayla, let's go. We're going to be late." My mother said from the kitchen.

I broke myself from my thoughts and forced myself down the stairs. Everything was exactly the same as I left it. Even down to the glasses in the cabinet, they're the same ones that were there when I was growing up. Without a word my mother and I got into the car and headed to the restaurant where we were meeting my grandparents.

"Did you talk to your boyfriend today?" My mother asked through gritted teeth.

When I first got back, we talked about my letter and I explained everything to her and my dad. After that, I started talking about Jax and Abel and what I could about the club. As soon as she found out Jax was a biker, she flipped. She didn't want to hear anything about him. It was like I was 16 all over again. For the first week I was out here, we fought about Jax. I finally gave up and stopped mentioning him at all.

"Yes, I did." I said stiffly.

My mother glanced at me quickly and then kept quiet the rest of the drive. My grandmother wasn't very much better. She was old fashioned as ever and hated the fact that Jax was a biker. She assumed he was a drug dealer and a criminal. Of course I couldn't tell her that he was an outlaw and killed people quite often. But what either of them will never understand is how he saved me. He freed me from Derek and gave me a new life. All I know is I can't wait to get back to him.

Dinner was painful. No one spoke much, and when we did it was all meaningless. Finally, after we ate my grandmother folded her arms on the table and looked straight at me.

"McKayla, your mother and I have been talking and we think you should stay here a while longer."

My mouth fell open slightly and I looked at my mother. She nodded at me and then looked at my grandmother.

"I can't. I have a job to get back to and Jax and Abel.."

My grandmother shook her head and closed her eyes.

"Sweetheart, come on. Do you really think he's waiting for you? He's a biker. He's probably got some junkie whore in his bed right now. You were just the flavor of the week. Think about it. You've been out of the picture for almost two weeks now. Do you think that he just sat around waiting for you? No, he went out and partied and probably slept with dozens of women. McKayla, you can do better." She said in her manipulating voice.

I shook my head and closed my eyes tight.

"No. Jax wouldn't do that. You have no right to say anything about him. You don't even know him. He's not that kind of man." I said firmly.

She chuckled and shook her head.

"McKayla, you're so naïve. You can't honestly think that someone like that is capable of being faithful, do you?"

Anger bubbled up inside of me. I stood up, knocking the chair back as I did and clenched my fists tightly.

"You have no idea what Jax Teller has done for me. I love him, and he loves me."

I didn't wait around for them to say anything. I turned on my heel and stormed out of the restaurant and caught a cab back to my mother's house. The spare key was hidden under a rock in the driveway. I grabbed it and let myself in the house. As quickly as I could I grabbed my stuff and arranged to get back to Charming as soon as possible.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 4.3K 36
Tig Trager's daughter comes home after being away at art school for 4 years, what happens when jax sees her again and the feelings he tucked away are...
7.8K 164 10
Aria Knowles came back to Charming, California to get away from the life she had in Sacramento. Wanting to leave the past where it belong in the past...
65.4K 3K 46
*Sequel to Money Can't Buy Happiness* Time heals all wounds, or so they say. Can Katie deal with the emotional struggles of having the two most impo...
100K 3.4K 41
She ran away from an abusive home at fourteen. She learned to live on the streets and how to look out for herself after watching her father kill her...