Chapter eleven

JAX

Opie was right. I needed to come home, see my kid, and fuck my girlfriend. As I looked down to my left, I couldn’t help but smile. McKayla was lying on her stomach, all tangled up in the sheets and hugging the pillow to her face. I reached over and gently ran my fingertips along her spine. She shivered and those beautiful eyes of hers fluttered open.

“Hey.” She said softly.

I smiled and slid my hand up to her face and cupped her cheek.

“Hey.”

McKayla rolled onto her side and propped her head up with her arm.

“Did you sleep okay?” She asked me.

I nodded and kept my hand on her.

“Better than I have in a while.” I said truthfully.

Even though she’d only been gone for two weeks, it felt like a lifetime. If I don’t have to, I never want to sleep without her again. McKayla smiled sweetly and pushed herself up to kiss me. I smiled into it and kissed her back. After a few wonderful minutes, she pulled away and slid out of bed.

“I’m gonna get a shower.” She said.

I nodded and watched her make her way to the bedroom door. God she was perfect. Her hips had a natural sway to them when she walked that made me crazy. I bit my bottom lip and heard myself growl deeply. McKayla turned to look at me innocently over her shoulder.

“I think you should come back to bed.” I said to her.

She just rolled her eyes and laughed at me before shutting the door behind her. I sighed and stretched in the now empty bed. I let my eyes wander for the first time and realized that the blankets that were on the bed were not the same ones that I left yesterday morning.

“Hey babe, did you change the sheets?” I called out to her.

“Yeah, they looked pretty nasty.” She yelled back.

I didn’t say anything back. They probably could have used a change. The clock told me I needed to move my ass so I dragged myself out of bed. By the time I was finished getting dressed, McKayla was in the kitchen with Abel, wearing a shirt that I guessed she’d brought into the bathroom with her.

“Got time for breakfast?” She asked me.

I smiled and just looked at her with Abel. Her hair was still wet and hanging around her shoulder. Her cheeks were pink from the heat of the water. She raised her eyebrow at me, waiting for an answer.

“No, I gotta get going.” I told her.

She pouted and I leaned in to kiss her. My hand cupped her face and I held her close to me.

“I love you.” I whispered.

McKayla smiled against my lips.

“I love you too.”

I kissed Abel’s head before grabbing my keys and walking out the door. When I got to the club, everyone else was already there. Gemma saw me from the office and came out to meet me.

“What’s going on today?” She asked.

I shook my head and lit a smoke.

“Club shit.” I said.

She rolled her eyes and stepped in front of me.

“Hey, I’m not just some old lady here,” I cut her off.

“Yes mom, you are.”

With that I pushed passed her and went inside the club house. The guys were all hanging around the bar when I walked in. I nodded at them and we went into Church.