chapter six

McKayla

“Oh wait it gets better. So I’m piss drunk and I see this woman at the bar. I slink up to her and prop myself up on the bar and give her my best sexy look and I go ‘that’s a beautiful blouse you’re wearing, but it would look so my better torn to shreds on my bedroom floor’.” Gabriel said through laughter.

I couldn’t help myself. I laughed so hard that tears started slipping from my eyes. Gabriel wiped a tear of his own and looked at me with a smile.

“You really have a way with woman.” I said to him.

He chuckled and nodded.

“I guess so.”

The captain came on the speaker and asked that we buckle our seatbelts as we descend. It was just about 6 pm. Gabriel walked with me the whole way out of the airport.

“Where’s your ride?” He asked me.

I bit my lip and picked at the skin around my fingernail.

“I’m just gonna catch a cab.” I said in a small voice.

Gabriel smile softly and brushed my arm with his shoulder.

“Why don’t you let me give you a ride? I got a rental, and Charming isn’t that far from Lodi.” He said softly.

Before I could think, I heard myself saying yes. I gave Gabriel directions to the club house, since that’s where I figured Jax would be. The whole drive, I had a knot as big as a fist in my gut. I knew I shouldn’t be pulling up in this guys car, but I really didn’t have a ride since I wasn’t supposed to be back for another two days. The sun was down now and from the street I could see row of bikes in their regular parking spots. Gabriel slowly pulled all the way to the club house and put the car in park.

“Thanks for the ride, I appreciate it.” I told him.

Gabriel smiled genuinely and turned to face me.

“It was no problem. It was a pleasure meeting you, McKayla. I would love to hear from you again, give me a call if you need anything.” He said as he handed me a business card.

Gabriel Cross, attorney at law 555-8181

I stuffed it in my pocket quickly and got out of the car. As he backed down the driveway, the twisting in my stomach got tighter. I turned to go into the club and saw for the first time someone sitting at the folding table.

“Clay,” I said surprised.

Clay slowly stood up and crossed his arms.

“Where’s Jax?” I managed to ask.

He took a step forward and the light above the club spilled onto his face in a way that hid his eyes and made him look like a ghost.

“Club business, I thought you weren’t supposed to be back for a few more days?” He asked.

I swallowed hard and nodded.

“Yeah well, I decided to come back early.” I said.

Clay didn’t say anything for a minute. I took it as that we were done so I started for the club house.

“Who was that?” He called after me.

I didn’t dare turn around. Without missing a beat I said ‘Airport car service.’ And I went inside.

JAX

My body was humming when I walked out of Luanne’s office. Gemma knew right away I was pissed and came over to me.

“What happened?” She asked.

I shook my head. I didn’t want to go into it again. She looked at the office and then back to me. I brushed past her and went outside. Chibs followed me and we lit up a smoke.

“You wanna go after him now?” He asked.

I shook my head and blew out the smoke from my lungs.

“No. He’s not going anywhere. We’ll take care of it tomorrow.”

Chibs nodded and we got on our bikes and rode back to the club. Sack offered me a drink but I didn’t want it. All I wanted right now was to crash. As I got closer to the apartment, I heard rustling inside.

“Great.” I said to myself.

The door was closed so I knocked first before I pushed it open.

“Jax,”

There, standing in the middle of the room was probably the best thing I’d seen in the past two days. McKayla.

I didn’t say anything. I took one big step and gathered her in my arms so tightly that I was sure I was going to hurt her. I slid my hand under her ass and lifted her in the air. McKayla pressed her face into the crook between my neck and shoulder and kissed softly.

“I missed you.” She breathed against my skin.

I took another step and pressed her up against the wall. Her head snapped up to face me and I crashed my lips hard against hers. She kissed me back with hunger and it didn’t take long for me to be unbuttoning my pants.

I needed this. After the last two days, I had so much pent up rage and frustration I needed to get it out of me. So I took her. Right there, against the wall. She barely had her pants pulled down before I entered her. Her body arched against the wall and she moaned loudly. I let myself linger in her for a moment before feverishly hammering into her. Her nails were biting into my shoulders. I growled and pinned them against the wall.

Faster. I needed to go faster. All I could see where the fucked up bodies of Ima, that other girl, and those two boys. I squeezed my eyes shut and pounded McKayla to make them go away.

“J-Jax!” McKayla moaned out.

I didn’t care. I didn’t stop. Not until I felt it. Rising up in me was the release I was looking for. Finally, with one last push I exploded deep inside of her. Stars danced in front of my eyes and sweat dripped from my body. As I caught my breath, I rested my forehead on McKayla’s shoulder. Beneath me, I could feel her trembling. I slowly pulled myself from her and carried her to the bed and laid her down gently.

“Did I hurt you?” I asked her softly.

McKayla smile at me and put her hand on my face.

“Not in a way that I didn’t like.” She said with a smirk.

I smiled and kissed her again, softly this time. She chuckled.

“Maybe I should go away more often.” She said.

I put my hand on her face and shook my head.

“No.”

She smiled and kissed me again. I was completely spent. I rolled onto my back and she crawled up next to me. Just as I drifted to sleep, I wondered for the first time what she was doing back here so soon.