The Flirty Type

By MeenahBaby

*This is a yaoi* Naga Tsubaki is your typical rich kid, and he is transferring to Ouran! As always he has the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 5

4K 122 42
By MeenahBaby

 So the way I have this story planned, the next few chapters are how Tsubaki bonds and forms strong friendships with each of the hosts, and I will be adding episodes of the anime to make it that much more exciting. I hope you enjoy!

-Meenah

Disclaimer: Don't own ouran just my OC's

Key

'thoughts'

'Tsubaki and Takashi eye speak'

"speech"

bookquotes

Ryuu Naga

Ryuu looked a lot like his brother with his black hair and grey eyes. He had more of a baby face, being fourteen, and was just under 5'7". His hair hit his lower back, and he preferred braids to ponytails, unlike his brother. As he sat in class, class 3-A Ouran Middle School, he fiddled his braids. Tsubaki had promised to hang out with him today, and he was really excited. He had spent the all of last week hanging out with Mizu, his best friend, and had only been home for sleeping.

Ryuu snapped out of his thoughts when the girl in front of him passed him a worksheet. He focused on class the rest of the day, and when school was out he headed to the library, or rather one of the three the middle school had, to pick out a couple books. He passed the shelves of manga and American comics, teen vampire novels and great escapades, only to end up in the single solitary, abandoned corner of the library.

'This is where all the good books are…'

His fingers skimmed the spines of the books and his eyes scanned the titles.

'No, no, maybe, no, no….'

He continued skimming until he found his all-time favorite book. The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe.

'YES!'

He checked it out then headed up to the high school, to music room 3 to wait for Tsubaki, who was driving him home. He was bouncing on his toes in anticipation and smiling the whole way there, his two French braids swishing behind him. The few students in the hall, coincidently, were all girls. The girls started whispering to each other, and it made Ryuu nervous.

"Oh he's so cute!"

"He looks like Tsubaki-san!"

"Do you think they're related?"

'Girls are so weird… they're not even quiet when they whisper.'

Like his brother, Ryuu had no interest in girls, but he wasn't sure if he was gay or they were all just stupid. He stopped in front of the third music room and opened the door.

"Welcome!"

Ryuu scanned the group, running to the person he was looking for before Tamaki could welcome him properly.

"Tsubaki," Ryuu exclaimed, hugging his older brother.

The senior chuckled and returned the hug.

"Hey Roo," he said.

The club was about to ask Tsubaki who the kid was when the twins noticed a girl peeking around the corner.

"Looks like the host club has a brand-new guest," the twins said.

"Come on in. What are you waiting for," Karou coaxed.

"Watching from afar is no fun," Hikaru added.

"Please, Miss," the twins pressed.

Tamaki came to the girls rescue, and then tried a softer approach, only to have his face bashed in.

"Ryuu," the senior pointed to a chair in the corner "I would like you to sit there and wait for me until club is over. Can you do that for me?"

"Of course! I have a book to read, so I won't be too bored," the younger Naga winked at his brother with a smile.

"Good. And don't be startled if Tamaki joins you. He's a drama queen."

After situating his brother, Tsubaki turned towards his friends, hearing the twins something about slow motion. He tried not to laugh as the girl embraced the shadow king, yelling about how kind and gentle he is. Tsubaki didn't want to be yelled at, so he decided to sit back and watch the drama unfold.

Mori and Tsubaki looked at each other, humor in their eyes.

'This is hilarious'

'Extremely so'

While laughing, the twins and Tamaki were freaking out over the fact that Renge was an otaku.

'More than half of our customers are otakus… why the hell are they surprised?'

"I get it now," Kyouya said "You're in love with that character. You're projecting the love onto me, and you somehow deluded yourself into thinking that we're engaged. I assume this Miyabi character probably wears glasses as well."

This shocked Tamaki out of his emo-corner.

"So, she made it up. You're not really her fiancé, right?"

To this Kyouya replied,

"Well no, I don't remember ever asking for her hand in marriage. Besides this is the first time I've ever met the woman."

'Figures' Tsubaki thought. And judging by the reactions of the other hosts this kind of thing was expected of kyouya on a daily basis.

'I don't really talk to him… well that's gonna change' Tsubaki told himself, because kyouya is a friend and friends talk to each other.

'And thank god he's not getting married to her. For his sake and ours… Imagine having her around all the time…' Tsubaki shuddered at the thought.

"I've made up my mind. From now on, I'm gonna be the manager of this host club," Renge declared. Happily. Tamaki had a whisper conversation with Kyouya as the newest senior mumbled,

"Spoke to soon."

"Well, boys, I can't wait to work with you!"

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,

Sir," said I, "or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;

But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,

And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,

That I scarce was sure I heard you"— here I opened wide the door; —

Darkness there and nothing more.

"Ready to go Roo?"

Ryuu looked up from his book.

"Yes, give me a second," he replied book marking his page and shoving the book in his bag.

After Renge left, the club cleaned up, all of the members either exhausted our thoroughly annoyed. And they forgot about the boy sitting in the corner reading, waiting for his brother. As they walked out to the car, Ryuu asked his brother,

"Are you gonna help me with my homework?"

"Yes," Tsubaki said chuckling at his brothers barely contained excitement.

"And will we watch a movie," Ryuu asked.

"Of course," the older male replied as if it were the most obvious thing ever.

"Will we… have a sleepover?"

"Only if you want too Roo."

Ryuu loved it when Tsubaki called him Roo. It made him feel loved. His mom wasn't around anymore, and everyone else called him Ryuu. When his mom was there she called him "baby". Whenever he asked her if she loved him, she'd reply "yes baby" and kiss him on the forehead. The only person who showed him affection now was Tsubaki, and he was grateful. Ryuu knew whenever his brother was around he was clingy, but he didn't care. He wanted Tsubaki to know how important he was.

Tsubaki threw his arm over Ryuu's shoulders and pulled him to his side. He knew he wasn't the greatest brother out there, but he knew that Ryuu thought he was, and he was determined to keep his little brother happy. Even if he had to sacrifice the world, he'd do it to keep his brother safe and happy and everything Tsubaki wasn't.

The two brothers spent their evening doing homework, tutoring, and watching Hetalia: Paint It White in the lounge sprawled out on the floor. As the movie came to a close Ryuu sat up and faced his brother.

"Kiki?"

Tsubaki was shocked. Ryuu hadn't called him that in years. Never the less he sat up and looked at his younger brother, while the characters danced on the screen.

"Yeah Roo?"

"Tell me about your club!"

The younger boy looked at his brother with curiosity shining in his eyes. Tsubaki smiled softly and said,

"What would you like to know?"

Tsubaki went on to tell how he met the host club, and how he had yet to get to know all of them yet. He told Roo about his talk with Haruhi, and his sleepover with Takashi. And he spoke fondly of the fall festival mishaps, which included Tamaki getting tackled into a pile of leaves. And the whole time Ryuu was laughing and asking questions. He asked about the girls at the club and Tsubaki said,

"They're pleasant enough, but there getting suckered into spending money on us… honestly are the girls at Ouran smart? There are exceptions to that I'm sure, but I haven't met them yet."

Ryuu giggled and said "I will never understand the female species."

And thus continued the fits of laughter from both boys.

"Hey, everyone. You'd be happy to know that your new manager, Renge has baked all of you some cookies," Renge said stepping into the clubroom the next day.

'Oh great she's here' Tsubaki thought annoyed.

"Oh, isn't she lady-like? I'm so moved by your generosity," Tamaki exclaimed trying to impress the French girl.

"I didn't bake these cookies for you, you phony prince! I'm sorry; I burnt them a little bit. I did the best I could. And I already know what you're going to say, "Renge said then dreamily quoted Miyabi,

"'Anything that you make for me is going to taste delicious, my dear'. Oh, you're always so sweet to me, Kyouya."

'This girl has delusions of grandeur. I see why they freaked now. She is the ultimate otaku… that isn't something anyone should be proud of.'

"She wasn't kidding, these cookies really are burnt," Hani said munching on one.

"Don't eat that, Mitsukuni. It's bad for you." Renge then chased Takashi and Hani around the room in a brief fit of anger. Tsubaki watched Haruhi and the twins after taking a cookie and nibbling it.

'Yep these are burnt'

"They're not that bad at all. They've got a good flavor to them," Haruhi said, trying to be encouraging.

Then the twins pulled one of their stunts, and started grinning like the chesire cat when Tamaki threw a fit.

"That's not the way you're supposed to react, Haruhi. You have to stay strong and reject them, then casually brush them to the side. Do you understand," Tamaki said slightly hysteric.

"This is sexual harassment, senpai," Haruhi said referring to his hands squishing her face. This spurred Tamaki on further yelling at somebody to call the police.

"Cut it out, boss. We're sorry," the twins said calming Tamaki down.

"Every single one of you, except for Kyouya, all of your characters are lukewarm," Renge yelled catching the rest of the host's attention.

"Each of you needs to have some sort of dark side. You understand? Girls are vulnerable to handsome young men who are troubled. If you keep carrying on like this, it's only a matter of time before the girls get tired of you and stop coming all together. Are you trying to ruin my precious Kyouya's business? As your manager, it's my duty to change your character backgrounds. Let's start with you," she yelled pointing at Hani.

"If all you are is cute, inside and out, then you're no different to a baby. Therefore, from now on, you are the baby-faced thug. And Mori senpai, you're his childhood-friend, the flunky. The twins will be basketball players enslaved in their own world. Haruhi, you're an honor student who's constantly being bullied. And as for you, Tamaki, you're the school idol who's admired for your good looks but you actually have an inferiority complex you're hiding from the world. The lonely prince!"

The crazy otaku turned to Tsubaki and asked,

"Who're you?"

"Tsubaki Naga. Pleasure to meet you doll," he smirked and winked at her. She blushed and said,

"You are almost as perfect as my Kyouya, you should be fine," she decided dismissing the senior.

"And Kyouya, you're perfect just the way you are now. So I want you to stay as kind and affectionate as ever, 'kay?"

"Thank you, I'm honored," Kyouya replied.

"The lonely prince. It's true. That title is perfect for me," Tamaki said, clearly in awe.

"Yeah, right. She couldn't be farther from the truth," Haruhi muttered.

'Have to agree with you there Haruhi.'

The twins begged Kyouya to do something but as he said the boss was getting way to into his "role".

"How does this look, Renge? Do you think these poses work for a lonely prince?"

"Oh wow, you're pretty good at that, Tamaki. But you know it would be even more effective if you were standing in the rain," she said happy and in admiration.

And that is how they came to shoot a movie.

'Oh joy'

"Let's just wait to see how things turn out. I bet it will be interesting. It always is," Kyouya said sensing everyone's confusion.

Man: Get a stretcher! Take him to the infirmary, immediately!

Hikaru: Kaoru, Kaoru, Kaoru.

Man: You've got to get back in the game, Hikaru. We need you.

Hikaru: Shut up!

Kaoru: Hikaru, listen to me. Please don't worry. There's nothing you can do. You can't share my pain. You are not the one who got hurt. Now, go on.

Hikaru: I can't. It hurts. It hurts, Kaoru.

Renge: Your pain is my pain. It doesn't matter to me if no one else understands. As long as we have each other, we can go on living.

Tamaki: I'm sorry but I'm envious. The way the two of you support each other like that.

Hikaru: But Suoh senpai.

Kaoru: How can you be envious of us? You're the school's idol.

Tamaki: An idol, right. I hate that people all worship me for something so superficial as my appearance. I think it would be much better for me to be alone.

Renge: One lonely heart meets another. They pass each other, wounding one another. What are the hearts of these young men made of?

Honey: You can't run away forever. I'm gonna show you what happens to anyone that crosses me.

Mori: Don't do it, Mitsukuni. You should have realized by now that whenever you hurt others, you're really just hurting yourself.

Honey: I didn't ask you for any advice. You want me to put you over my knee again?

Renge: Will it be the light of salvation that ultimately awaits these boys? Or will it be something else?

Honey: You know, it really pisses me off when people don't know their place.

Tsubaki: Hey leave the kid alone! You alright Doll?

"This script is so stupid," Tsubaki said looking at Kyouya.

"I agree," Kyouya said writing in his notebook

Tsubaki turned to ask Haruhi her opinion only to see her and Tamaki having a moment

'They so like each other'

"It was pretty awesome. I'm surprised you were able to get into your character like that. You were really believable."

"I've discovered a new darker side of myself. I'm stating thinking it might be a good idea to explore it."

"Are you sure about that? Because I think you're fine just the way you are now, Senpai."

"You do? Well, if you say so, Haruhi."

"Hey, Haruhi! You're on,"Renge yelled.

"Coming!"

"Over here! These two gentlemen have just agreed to make a special appearance in our film."

'Oh great. More trouble. Better head over there'

"After all, we're gonna need some tough guys for the big climax. That's when all of the club members come together to fight against the real villains at their school. According to this script, these two are from a wealthy family that got their wealth by being a part of the Japanese Mafia. Don't you think it's a brilliant casting choice?"

After a minute the two tough guys had enough and one pushed Renge.

"Watch out,"Haruhi yelled protecting Renge.

Tsubaki ran after the two guys, who had ditched as soon as Tamaki came to Haruhi's rescue.

"Hey!"

They turned around.

"My name is Tsubaki. Look, I'm sorry about her she's a bit eccentric. But that's no excuse to put your hands on a girl. Don't let me catch you doing that again okay," he half asked half threatened.

"Sure. Thanks Tsubaki!"

"No problem," Tsubaki said walking back to set.

"I bought the video of that film you made."

"I bought it too."

"And so did I!"

"You did," asked Tamaki.

"That scene in the rain was just phenomenal."

"I love the lonely prince."

"And the loving relationship between Hikaru and Kaoru was so sweet."

"Tsubaki was so protective of Haruhi!"

"I want to see Honey acting like a thug again. He was so cute."

"I couldn't get enough of Haruhi's poignant expressions."

"Kyouya?"

"I may have broken the camera's lens, but the footage that we had already shot wasn't damaged. Naturally, I did cut out that one violent scene. Sales have been pretty good so far. That Hollywood film crew did a fantastic job. But then I guess that's to be expected," Kyouya said writing in his notebook.

'What does he even write in that thing? I mean Jesus it's practically attached to him!'

"So, is this what you meant by interesting," asked the twins

"It's best to have as much money as we can in the club's budget," Kyouya said smirking

"And just when did he start calculating all of this, "asked Haruhi deadpanning.

"Good day, everyone," Renge said once again walking into the club room.

'If I see this trick one more time…'

"Renge? But I thought you had gone back to France already," Tamaki said voicing everyone's thoughts. Apparently when Tsubaki was talking to those thug idiots she got some sense knocked into her and realized Kyouya was pure evil, not a kitten snuggler.

"I can't believe I didn't realize this sooner. It was so chivalrous of you to risk your life to protect me. I could feel the love when you lectured me about judging people. When you said it was fun to get to know people little by little, you were talking about me," she said spinning to look at Haruhi.

"Yeah," the cross dresser trailed awkwardly.

"Come on, Haruhi. Let's go to my house and play some games together. I think it's time you got to know me better."

"What?"

'Poor thing. I'm not taking her place though, fuck that. I'd kill that bitch.' Tsubaki thought glaring at Renge through his glasses.

"But I thought you were the one who wanted her to have a female friend in the first place," Kyouya teased. Tsubaki snickered at Tamaki's face of disbelief.

"Well, yeah, a female companion. Not a girlfriend!"

Tsubaki blocked out the sound of Renge's voice because it grated on his nerves and laughed as Tamaki started running after Renge.

"No, wait. Don't take Haruhi from meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

'At least she makes things entertaining. I can tell that she'll be around a lot more…. Dammit'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 278 19
For their whole lives, the world was only split up into two types of people: them and everyone else. Hikaru and Kaoru Hitachiin have only relied on e...
36.4K 1.5K 8
[WARNING: THIS WORK IS INCOMPLETE] Nao and Nagi Tsukino are twins. But despite their identical appearances, their personalities couldn't be more diff...
18.2K 486 18
When another poor student at Ouran shows up. The host club notices his popularity with both boys and girls. Knowing he's not rich, they assume he got...
852 29 32
A group of girls who call themselves the Ouran High School Hostess Club propose that they join together with the Host Club. Tamaki and Kyoya agrees t...