Faithless

By LaurenJ22

After Faith's father decides to return back to his work at the mines, her world changes. She is left to live... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
MERRY CHRISTMAS! 🎄🎄🎄
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four (FINAL CHAPTER)
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty Nine

22.2K 1.1K 330
By LaurenJ22

------------------

"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Dedication: Technostargazer for the amazing cover! Thank you so much!

Recap:

"Xavier, we can't leave him!" I yelled, pulling out of his grip.

"Like hell we can't, let's go!" he urged, grabbing me once more.

Powerless to pull my hand away, I tumbled after him. I glanced back at Chase's limp body, sprawled across the floor.

I was surprised to find myself hoping he was okay.

-----------------

My chest was burning.

I really should have stopped drinking, before deciding to run.

Considering the police showed up at the party, it left us little to no options. Therefore, we decided to get the hell out of there. Especially considering there was now a possibly unconscious teenager there, who had been assaulted.

"You know everyone saw you did it," I panted as we slowed to a stop, my eyes considerably blurry.

Xavier ignored me as he peered through the gap of two tree branches.

"It's only going to take one person to say it was you." I pointed out, still breathless. "What are we going to do?"

"We?" he asked, finally turning to face me. "Is it we, now?"

"Huh?"

"As in me and you?"

"Yes?" I asked, giving him a confused look.

"Not you and Chase?"

I rolled my eyes. "Of course not."

"Really, really looked like it."

"You know he's been trying to pull something like this ever since he first arrived at school," I snapped, planting my hands on my hips. "How could you possibly think I would do that to you? With him of all people."

"I didn't, until you hit me, to protect him."

"You weren't stopping!" I seethed, my rage boiling over the edge. "There was blood everywhere. He was completely motionless. He looked unconscious and you did not stop."

"He kissed you."

"I know and I understand that you wanted to hurt him. And you did. And then you took it too far. What if you seriously hurt him, Xavier?"

He shrugged. "He deserved what he got."

"Have you seen the news lately? It's full of kids king-hitting others and killing people. It's not that hard to do. One wrong fall and he could have died!"

"You're being really dramatic."

"I am not!" I screamed, my cheeks burning. "You are not taking this seriously. Could you live with the fact that you killed your brother?"

Xavier fell silent.

"Hey!" a voice suddenly yelled and a porch light flickered on. "Mind moving your lover's quarrel along? It's 4am and some people are trying to sleep!"

"Sorry," I called out, all the while my heart was slamming inside my chest. Glaring at Xavier, I began to stalk in the direction of my house. "Come on."

"Sorry," he muttered.

"Don't worry about it. Let's just get home."

I dragged my feet the whole way, beginning to feel exhausted. The hangover headache was beginning to set in and my feet ached from having danced so much. I just wanted to crawl into bed.

I let out a breath of relief when my house came into sight. And there were no police cars out the front. That was always a good sign.

Squinting, I realised the living room light was on.

"Shh," I whispered, pressing my finger to my lips.

Xavier nodded.

Silently, I slipped into the house. I had just taken off my Dr Martens, when a throat cleared. Dragging my eyes from the floor, I looked up at my dad.

"Sit," he barked, pointing at the dinner table.

Exchanging an uneasy glance with Xavier, we both made our way towards the table.

"Dad-"

"Is this the way you guys have been while I've been away?" he asked, his voice deep and authoritative.

"Er-"

"Xavier, don't get me wrong, I liked you. But I don't even really know you, so forgive me for having high expectations of you. I just assumed I could think that way - because you are dating my daughter."

Xavier looked like he had been slapped. Slapped again, I mean.

"And Faith," he began, turning to me. I gulped, shrinking slightly in my chair. "I am so disappointed with you. I trusted you to be sensible."

"I have done nothing wrong."

"Did you not stay out after curfew? Did the party not get busted up by police?"

"Why are you angry? You never care about this stuff?"

"I'm starting to realise that maybe I haven't been strict enough on you." he sighed, shaking his head. "Now you're getting detention, skipping class, coming home three hours after curfew, drunk, after going to a party that was obviously so wild, the police were called? What happened to my sensible, smart daughter? The one who cared about herself?"

"Dad," I pleaded, swaying slightly. "Come on."

"All that, I would forgive in a heartbeat," he said. "Until I found out you're doing drugs."

"What!?" I exclaimed.

"I am disgusted with you. How could I have gone so wrong?"

"What the fuck?" I snapped, getting to my feet. "How dare you accuse me of that."

"Oh great, and now you're swearing at me. Wow, way to go. You're making me prouder by the second."

"Why the hell do you think I am doing drugs? Have I given you any sign that I am?"

"I think I've stated the signs."

"You know me. You know how against drugs I am."

"I thought I knew you," he murmured. "It's my fault. I shouldn't have left."

"You really shouldn't have, but that's another argument," I snapped, my eyes burning with tears. "I can't believe you, dad. I can't believe the bullshit that is coming out of your mouth."

He just shook his head at me. "When did this start?"

"Sir-" Xavier interrupted and my dad suddenly slammed his hand on the table. I flinched, staring at him in surprise.

"I can't stand the sight of you, Xavier. But to have to listen to you as well, in my own house? No." his voice was so icy I actually got goose bumps. "I welcomed you into this house. I trusted you to live with my daughter. And now I find out you're a drug dealer? And have let my daughter in on this?"

"Where did you get this from?" I asked, shaking my head.

"I had a phone call tonight. From Xavier's step-father."

The blood in my veins ran cold. "W-what?"

"And at first, I told him that it was impossible for my daughter to be involved with any of this. But than I got to thinking - you have been doing some irresponsible things. So I went looking. I found a joint, shoved in your mother's pot plant."

I glared at Xavier. That would have been from the 'party' he threw at my house, when he first stayed here. I totally forgot about it. You'd think he would have gotten rid of that, by now.

"And although you were clear, I'll give you that," he said to me. "I found ecstasy pills in Xavier's room. And a bag of cocaine."

My jaw fell open. I looked at Xavier, who looked as shocked as I did.

Why the hell did Xavier have that? He couldn't possibly...?

"That's not mine," he said slowly. "I swear to God, that isn't mine."

"Just ended up in your bag? Funny that." My dad retorted sarcastically.

"You don't understand," he suddenly said, also getting to his feet. "This is a set up-"

"Enough." he barked. "I want you out of this house. Now."

"Michael," he said, his voice breaking. "Please. Don't do this."

"I don't have a choice, Xavier. You decided, not me."

"I don't have anywhere to go," he whispered, his eyes wet.

I felt my heart clench inside my chest.

"Should have thought about that before you brought drugs into my home." he said quietly, his eyes death staring Xavier.

"Dad," I whispered, my voice thick of emotion. "I promise you, I have never done drugs. You can take me to a police station and get me tested. Nothing will come up."

"I'll deal with you in the morning," he sighed, rubbing his forehead. "What are you waiting for Xavier? Get packing."

"Dad, he has nowhere to go. At least give him time until its daylight."

"I don't want him in this house."

"It's fine," Xavier said quietly. "Faith, it's fine."

"It is not fine," I cried, glaring at dad. "You've done nothing wrong. Right?"

My eyes flickered to him and for a second, I looked at him. Surely he wasn't dealing. He was definitely out of it. Right?

I blinked in surprise as he sucked in a sharp breath. A tear slid down his cheek.

"You don't believe they're not mine."

"Yes I do," I said quietly.

"There's doubt there, I can see it in your eyes," he whispered. "Oh my God, I'm so stupid for thinking you wouldn't judge me."

"Xavier-"

"Don't bother," he said, backing up. "I'm done."

With that, he stormed towards the front door and slammed the door shut.

Well, tonight has definitely been a disaster.

-----------------

Dun dun dun.

So, Andrew contacted Michael. What do you guys think about that?

And what do you think about Michael acting that way? Do you think he was right?

And what do you think is going to happen to Faith and Xavier now?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 140 26
When Elizabeth James was taken away from her home town six years ago in the back of a police car she never imagine she'd ever come back. But when she...
560K 19.4K 65
[+18]* NOW COMPLETE* Back Series Book 2 Dylan's been a good boy all his life but there's this insurgent flame that has been burning inside him and it...
829 136 36
When 18 year-old Lexi's past starts to repeat itself she throws herself into her new job in order to save enough money to get away from it. Who knows...
186K 6.5K 32
"As you said yourself, you know me." "But I don't, not really," He starts, studying my body swiftly and making my breath catch in my throat. Shivers...