Alphonse x Reader One-Shots

By SmuggleMuffin

A collection of Alphonse Elric x readers. Early ones are typically lower in quality cause I was just starting... More

Stealing Al's Helmet
Alphonse x Artist! Reader
Jealousy
Hide and Seek
Update
Merry Christmas! (Alphonse x Artist! Reader)
An Awkward Situation
Alien Nightmares
NETFLIX NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
You're Human (Part 1/2)
You're Human (Part 2/2)
Queen of the Pranks
Not a Monster (Alphonse x Chimera?Reader)
Stage Fright (Alphonse x Singer!Reader)
Hair Cut (Alphonse x Long-haired! Reader)
Surely Someday (Songfic)
Kitty Babies (Alphonse x Neko! Reader)
Sailing Ships
I FINISHED MY ALPHONSE PLUSH!!!
Sledding
Hidden Emotions (Bittersweet Fluff)
A Challenging Plush (Alphonse x Artist!Reader)
Staying Up Late (Alphonse x Tired!Reader)
Nosebleeds (Alphonse x Allergic!Reader)
Not Me (Featuring Envy!)
Soul Binding (Alphonse x Dying!Reader)
Blind Double Date
Sleepy Love Letter
Rain- Alphonse x Artist!Reader
Rain (Part 2)- Alphonse x Artist!Reader
Rescued- Alphonse x Alchemist!Reader
A/N- 100 FOLLOWERS!
The Glasses Incident
A/N- GUYS (Also Questions)
Another A/N- I got a Tumblr!
Everything Stays (Song-fic)
Application Stress- Alphonse x Artist!Reader
Alphonse is going for a spin
A/N- Update and also birthday
A/N- Not an actual update
A/N-Please Don't Scream at Me.
Here Comes A Thought (Song-fic)
SCREAM WITH ME
A/N- Very Important Update
Knight!Alphonse x Queen!Reader- Fantasy!AU
Accidental Confession (Alphonse x Shy! Reader)
I know I said I was gonna update on Saturday...
Never Gonna Give You Up (Song-fic!)
A/N- Quick updates
Alphonse x Werewolf!Reader
THE FLUFF BOMB (Alphonse x Reader)
A/N- I drew Alphonse in a comic!
A/N- Birthday and College stories
A/N- IT'S FMA DAY
A/N- I'm gonna update I swear
Numb- Alphonse x Depressed!Reader
The Final One-shot- Arranged Marriage

Space Is Cool!- Alphonse x Nerdy!Reader

1K 35 40
By SmuggleMuffin

In all of your short, teenage life, you had never found someone more interesting than Alphonse Elric. The tall suit of armor never ceased to amaze you. Despite his intimidating appearance, he was easily the kindest person you had ever met.

Of course, the interest you felt for him only grew after he had revealed to you the fact that he no longer had a body, and the armor he resided in was in fact the only thing keeping his soul to this world.

You were fascinated by him, but also found a great friend in him. His love of cats, his slightly clumsy nature resulting from his size, and his love of discovery were all welcoming to you. At times, however, he seemed shy towards you, but you didn't mind. Introverted yourself, you both found comfort in each other's company.

Eventually, you broke out of your own shy shell and began talking about anything and everything you could think of. Together, you didn't feel like you had to hide how you really acted when you were alone. You didn't have to act like the outsider you often felt you were. You could be as big of a nerd as you truly were.

At first you thought Alphonse would grow tired of your excited outbursts, much like Edward had and still did. But he welcomed your true self with open, accepting arms.

After a short time, you began questioning why you were feeling like this around the cat-loving boy. And after a few hours of contemplation, it hit you like a train.

You loved him.

Of course, you didn't want to tell him how you truly felt about him. If he wasn't weirded out by you now, surely he would be then. You were an unusual girl already, but admitting you had fallen in love with a suit of armor could have lead to so many different outcomes, it terrified you.

There was the small chance that he actually felt the same about you and admitting your feelings would lead to a happy life together, but the other possibilities scared you too much for you to take the risk. At least, that's how it was for the moment.

You traveled around with the Elric brothers now, keeping your feelings for Alphonse hidden and your nerves under control as best you could. Edward, of course, had picked up on your feelings for his younger brother. He confronted you about them to confirm his suspicions, but promised not to tell Al after some begging on your part. Unfortunately, that meant he would tease you about it whenever Alphonse was out of earshot.

The thought that perhaps he did the same thing to Al whenever you couldn't hear what they were saying crossed your mind, but you pushed it away every time. Why would he have feelings for you when there were so many other, more popular girls out there.

You sighed slightly to yourself, currently sitting in Winry's living room. The brothers and you were visiting their childhood friend Winry for some automail repairs. Almost everyone was currently asleep, but you were a night owl. It helped in Central, where you had lived most of your life, but it made the nights seem long when there was nothing to do.

You couldn't imagine how it must be for him.

"(Y/n)," Alphonse perked up from across the room.

You jumped slightly. You forgot he was there, he had been so quiet for the past few hours.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"N-nothing," you stuttered, looking over at him and smiling. "Just thinking."

Al hummed softly in understanding.

The next few minutes consisted of nothing but silence. It felt heavy. You wanted to say something, anything, to speak with him. You wanted to tell him everything and get it off of your chest that you loved him, but your anxiety got the better of you, and the silence continued to linger.

"(Y/n), are you having trouble sleeping?"

"A little, but this is common for me. I just naturally stay up pretty late. Haven't you seen how tired I am in the mornings most of the time?" You chuckled slightly at yourself.

"If you're having trouble sleeping, do you, maybe, w-want to," he stuttered, trying his best to find the right words. "Want to go look at the s-stars together?"

You stood up almost immediately and ran over to him. You excitedly grabbed his hand and pulled him up. It was almost imperceptible, but you swore you could see a pink blush tinting his helmet.

"That sounds like a great idea! Of course I'd love to!" You said as quietly as you could in your energetic state.

"Woah, calm down a little there," Al laughed as you pulled him out the front door.

You ran, still holding Al's hand, into the nearest open space you saw. It was where the brother's house had once been, but it was now just an empty hill with a few remnants of the house's foundation. When you had both made it to the top, you finally looked up.

You gasped.

You had never seen so many stars in your entire life. Central's air was too polluted to see space as clearly as you could out here. There were probably billions of stars in the sky at the moment, and you were in complete awe at them.

"It's so beautiful," you whispered.

"Yeah," Al replied, unknown to you, staring at you as he said it.

"Oh, that's so cool!" You said a bit louder. "It's so pretty!" You were now shouting, and Alphonse laughed at your excitement.

"There are billions of billions of stars, and there are billions and billions of galaxies! There's nothing I like more than space!" You spun around with your head to the sky, your arms out.

Alphonse watched your form dance against the starry horizon. The sky was very beautiful, which you continued to shout excitedly about, but he was much more interested in the girl moving gracefully in front of him. To him, you were the brightest star against the sky.

"Space is so cool!" You shouted a final time, then ran back over to Alphonse. You pulled him to the ground to look up at the sky together, earning a squeak of surprise from him. You laughed loudly, a heartfelt laugh showing you were completely at ease with him. As your laughter, which had been accompanied by his, died down, he said something that surprised you.

"I love you," he said, clear enough for you to hear.

You stopped laughing immediately. You shot up and looked down at his face, eyes wide.

His glowing red eyes widened as he suddenly realized what had just slipped out. He began to panic.

"I-I mean, I-I, I, uh," his helm was a dark pink, and he grew silent as you continued staring into his eyes.

Your cheeks were a very dark red by now. The starlight framing your face gave you the look of an extraterrestrial angel from his perspective. You carefully layed back down on your side so that you were facing him.

"A-Alphonse, I-I love you too," you whispered.

After another silent moment, Alphonse let out a deep breath and appeared relieved.

"Thank goodness you feel the same. I was so scared about telling you how I felt because I thought you wouldn't feel the same, especially with me not having a body," he said.

"Honestly, I thought you wouldn't feel the same about me," you admitted.

"Why not? You're beautiful and smart and kind and adorable and so many other things I can't even put into words. I love you exactly the way you are," he said, blush returning.

"Thanks, Al. I, I could never count it against you that you don't have a body. Your soul is what matters to me, and I don't think I've ever met a nicer one than yours. I love you for who you are, not what you are," you blushed deeper.

A comfortable silence followed the conversation. Eventually, you sat back up and scooted closer towards Alphonse. He sat up as well.

"Hey, I lied about something earlier," you said.

Alphonse seemed confused, until you began explaining.

"I said that there was nothing I liked more than space, but that's not true," you moved so that your faces were only an inch or so apart and cupped his face with your hands. Both your faces heated up as Alphonse brought his arms around your waist.

"Because I love you more than I love space," you whispered to him.

Alphonse leaned forward slightly, the eyes of his helmet beginning to close. You did the same, and soon felt cool metal against your lips. Although it was different than what most people expected, it was enough for you. You felt the arms around your waist gently tighten, and you soon found your arms wrapped around Al's neck. You felt comfortable and happy about everything.

As you pulled back after a while, Alphonse and you each opened your eyes to find the other one blushing.

"Th-that felt really nice," you said quietly, snuggling into his chestplate slightly.

"Y-yeah, I-I really wish that I could have felt it. Even without a body, I still enjoyed it. P-promise me that when I get my body back, you'll kiss me like that again?" He asked.

You gave him a quick peck on the spot his mouth would be once more and smiled at him.

"I promise."

***

(A/N- Alternate title: See How Many of the Lyrics from the Markiplier Songified Space is Cool Video I Can Put into a One-shot.

Alternate-alternate title: I Love Space and Now You All Have to Deal With It.

Okay, some actually productive stuff. First of all, thank you to the people who sent me birthday wishes, you were all so nice. And I am now a seventeen year old.

Second, in case you didn't read the author's note that I posted before this one shot, I am starting a series of oneshots to build up to what I will currently be referring to as the Fluff-Bomb. It will possibly be the fluffiest one-shot I have ever made, and that's coming from someone who basically only has fluff in their stories.

So yeah, this is the first one of those. We've got about four more to go until then, but updates may be scarce because senior year. Anyways, if you've read this far, I'll be giving you guys the option to choose which of two I will write next. Both of them will get written before the Fluff-Bomb, but I'm letting you all choose the order.

So, the two options are:

1. Here Comes a Thought (A Songfic based on a song from Steven Universe)

Or

2. Knight!Alphonse x Queen!Reader (Because Medieval AUs are cool)

Those are your two options, tell me which one you guys want to see first.

(And if no one votes I'll just do whichever one I feel like doing more next time I sit down and have time to write another one of these.)

Thank you guys for reading! Bye!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.1K 1.9K 25
A casual collection of xreader's/reader inserts, you know the drill. This was my first book ever so apologies for the bad writing and structure in th...
30.6K 991 33
Edward x reader
265K 8.5K 23
Running from your past isn't a great way to face it. Luckily, you have someone that's always there for you But what if that's isn't enough to save y...
Mute By Go Away

Fanfiction

3.6K 172 17
(Y/N) escaped the homunculi, barely holding on to her shredded life, 8 years ago. She was 7. At 11 years old, she surpassed Edward Elric in becoming...