Surely Someday (Songfic)

(A/N- Yay, my first songfic! I'll talk more after the story. But if any of you have played through Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, you probably know where this is going.)

I daydream in,
The falling snow,
I'm wondering if,
You found somewhere to go,

"You guys are really going to try to get your bodies back to normal?" Your younger voice questioned the seven-foot-tall armor. You still weren't used to Al's newly acquired height, but you didn't want him to leave.
"Yeah. Edward's set on getting me back to normal, and I want to get his regular limbs back," Alphonse responded, looking down at you.
You cast your gaze downward, disappointed that they wouldn't be staying with the Rockbell family, in which you were Winry's younger sister. You wanted to encourage them to go on their quest, to try to get back to normal, like a kind friend would, but you didn't want them to leave.
Al noticed your unhappiness, and crouched down to be at eye-level with you.
"Hey, we'll come visit when Ed needs his automail fixed. And you and Winry can come to visit us anytime," he tried to comfort you.
"I know, it's just," you sighed, choking up. "I don't want you to go." You lunged forward and hugged him, tears forming at the corners of your eyes.
Alphonse was taken aback, but slowly returned the hug.
"It's okay, it's okay," he said gently as you buried your face in his metal chest, tears now flowing freely.
That had been so long ago.

The ties that bind,
Will always last,
Withstanding time,
For love and friendships past,

You stared at the half-destroyed armor with content. They had finally come to visit, after four long years. You had been able to see them a few times, going to visit them in central, but this was the first time they had returned to Risembool.
"It's been a while, hasn't it?" You asked casually.
In the period of time the brothers had been absent, you had matured quite a bit. You were still somewhat short, but you were taller than Edward was.
"Yeah, I suppose it has been a while," Al stated, looking into the distance. "Last time I saw you, you weren't as pretty as you are now."
Surprised, you quickly turned towards him, giving him a questioning look. He tensed up immediately.
"D-did I say that out loud?"
You stared blankly at him, then questioned, "Y-you think I'm pretty?"
He remained silent for a moment, then replied, "Y-yeah, I do."

Ahh, we all make mistakes,
It's all about the paths we take,
Leave behind the pain you've known,
And open up, your heart so you can live and learn,

"Why do you guys have to go so soon?" You pouted to the pair of brothers.
"We have something to look up in central. It could lead us closer to finding the Philosopher's Stone," Edward snapped, expecting you to understand why they had to leave.
"Easy brother, she's just sad we're leaving," Alphonse said calmingly. "We'll come visit as soon as we can."
"Darn right you will," you said in a sassy tone. "And next time Alphonse better not be broken."

For surely someday,
We'll be together once again,
I know that this is not the end,
We'll meet again, my friend,

You walked up to Alphonse and hugged him around the waist. He gave a hug back, but wasn't expecting what you did next.
As you released the hug, you pulled his shoulders down and quickly planted a kiss on his helmet, where his mouth would be. Your face was bright red.
Before Al could react, you ran upstairs and shouted down to them.
"Bye guys!"

And surely someway,
I shall repay the love you gave,
Memories of you will never fade,
I'll find a way to you someday.

Alphonse stood, shocked. Slowly, he moved his hand up to his face and touched where you had planted your surprise kiss. He hummed a little in happiness. If he could, he would be grinning.