An Awkward Situation

(A/n- This is inspired by 2 things, a part of FullMetalOtaku's Alphonse x reader story, which is awesome and you all should go read it if you haven't, and a roleplay I did with my friend- who now has an account on here, so she knows who she is. Anyways, enjoy!)

*Normal P.O.V.*

You pressed your ear to the door of the brother's shared room. Edward had wanted to talk to Al alone, but your curiousity wouldn't let you pass up the perfect oppurtunity to eavesdrop, especially on your crush.

No, not Edward, like almost every other girl did, but Alphonse. The sweet, caring younger brother of the two. The one cursed to be a suit of armor. You actually loved everything about him, body or no. Of course, there was no way you would be able to muster up the courage to tell him.

Their muffled conversation was only faintly audible, coming out in bits and pieces.

First Edward's voice was heard,"...laundry..."

'Laundry?' you thought. 'Why would he want to talk to him alone about laundry?'

A small portion of Al's response was next,"...naked..."

'What the heck!? What are they talking about!?'

The next thing you heard was a loud bang from the room, with Alphonse shouting, "BROTHER!"

'That's it, I have to know!' The suspence was killing you. You quickly kicked the door open. You took a few steps into the room, before you were frozen by what you saw.

Edward was holding Al's removed apron, the only bit of clothing Alphonse had in his current state. The apron was just out of Al's reach. Alphonse was reaching for his one bit of decency, but now his helmet was tinted pink. Both of them froze in place, eyes on you, unmoving.

You felt heat rise to your face as well, equally frozen. You had just walked into the equivalent of your crush being naked, or as naked as he could be in his state.
'Move body!' your mind shouted, but your body refused the listen to your plea.
"(Y/n)!" Edward finally broke the awkward silence."How much context did you get before you came in?"
You remained frozen.
"(Y/n)?"
"..."
"Al?" Edward asked, turning towards his younger brother.
His action seemed to snap Alphonse to attention.
"(Y-y/n)!" He turned, now fully facing you. "I-I'm so s-sorry!" His apologetic, almost desperate voice snapped your body's upper half back to its senses. However, your legs remained immobile.
"A-Al!" Your hands waved around frantically in front of you. "It's okay! I just shouldn't have c-come in h-here!"
At this point, you were a blushing stuttering mess. And, unfortunately for you, Edward seemed to notice.
"You alright (Y/n)? Do you have a fever? Your face is really red," he teased, but it flew right over Al's head.
You knew what he was doing, but your mouth moved faster than your mind. Before you could stop yourself, a response came out.
"I-I'm fine! I just d-didn't expect to see th-the guy I l-love without an apron!"
You slapped your hand over your mouth, realizing that the truth had just flown out.
Edward smirked, before exiting the room.
"And so it begins."
A moment of silence ensued after he left. Al finally broke the silence.
"Y-you, you love me?" He questioned, surprised. "Even with no body?"
You couldn't believe your ears. There was no apologizing, no saying he didn't feel the same way. He had asked if your feeling were true.
'Does he love me back?'
"Y-yeah. I don't mind that you don't have a body. In fact, I think it's helped me realize that my feelings are true. Y-you can't be infatuated with someone when they don't have any looks to be infatuated with."
You felt proud to get that off your chest. You hadn't told anyone about your feelings for him, not even Winry.
"Seriously?"
You blushed. Looking down, you added to your statement.
"Yes. A-and I think the way your armor clinks whenever you move is adorable."
Alphonse seemed to be getting more and more surprised.
"I-I love you too, (Y/n)."
You head snapped up. Your legs suddenly became unfrozen, and you tackled him to the floor with a hug, throwing your arms around him.
"Hug tackle!"
Both of you laughed, half hugging, half laying on the floor.
"I really do love you (Y/n)."
"Love you too, ya big metal suit of cute!" you said, chuckling.
"Um, (Y/n)?" he asked, blushing once again.
"Yeah Al?"
"Can I maybe, get another apron on? I still feel naked."
"Oh," You had completely forgotten about that. You immediately started blushing too.
"OOOOoooooooh. Yeah."
*The End*