Alphonse x Artist! Reader

You sat on the couch sketching some stuff in your sketch book. To an artistic person, a sketchbook is the equivalent of a diary. All your personal feelings expressed through the details in pencil. Thus, there is always a risk in public of people seeing what you're drawing, but you usually didn't mind. Today, however, you would prefer your art not to be seen by anyone but yourself.

Winry and Ed were standing in the kitchen, arguing about Ed's automail. Alphonse was sitting in a chair opposite the couch, watching them argue behind you while your back was turned towards the pair. So he was in the perfect position to be drawn without his knowledge.

"Sometimes I think you break it on purpose!" Winry was shouting angrily, and you were absent-mindedly ducking down in case a wrench came flying from that direction.

"It's not like I try to!" Ed's agitated reply was barely heard by you as you continued your drawing. The picture's detail and shading was coming along nicely. The sheer amount of detail on Al's armor was also quite a challenge to draw, so you appreciated the practice it provided your art skills. The sudden noise of loud stomping resounded out of the kitchen. Your added a little sketch of a heart on Al's portrait (and it wasn't because you had a crush on him or anything).

(A/N- You liar)

The focus on your artwork had been so intense, that you didn't realize the stomping stopped directly behind you. Your stomach gave a low rumble, and you realized that you had not had anything to eat since breakfast. It was now about 4 pm, and you decided that Winry's fridge was your next stop. You placed your sketchbook on the arm of the couch and turned toward Winry.

"Winry, I'm going to raid your fridge." Your hunger was so strong that you didn't catch Winry and Ed's expectant look at your sketchbook.

"Go right ahead." Winry's voice trailed off a bit at the end.

You got up and made your way to the kitchen, searching for something to satisfy your craving. All that was there were some apples and left-over stew. Taking an apple, you started to turn back to the living-room, but then you heard the unmistakable noise of pages being turned.

'They wouldn't.' You thought. You had never shown any of them your art. They wouldn't just pick it up and look through it without asking you, right?

"Wow! (Y/n) is a really good artist!" Winry's excitement scared you a bit, so you waited and listened in the kitchen. 'They would.'

"Hey look! She drew the two of us Winry! And she made us both sleeping." Ed's comment made you remember the drawing they were describing. Ed and Winry were sitting up asleep, leaning slightly against each other. And there was a little detail you had added for a bit of comedic affect.

"Ed, you're drooling a little in the picture." Sure enought, you had indeed drawn Ed drooling in your sketch of the two of them.

"What!?" You heard the page flip and the next picture made Winry and Al laugh, but it made Ed moan.

It was a cartoony picture of you and Ed highfiving, with 'Short Buddies!' written in a big font. You were only a couple inches taller than Ed (4 to be exact), but you thought the both of you were kind of short. At least compared to Alphonse, who was almost 7 feet tall.

This continued for a couple of minutes. The three of them were so absorbed in your sketchbook they had not noticed you were still in the kitchen. Their nice comments about your art made you happy, and who were you to interrupt them.

"She should have told us she could draw like this, look at that drawing of your house, Winry! It's amazing!" You felt the sudden urge to run in there, but your feet wouldn't move. The next picture was the Al portrait, and your feet were glued to the ground. 'This won't end well,' you thought as you heard the page turn in your sketchbook.

"It's me!" You heard Al's cheerful voice shout.

'Stay in the kitchen and everything will be okay.' You almost believed yourself. Almost.

"She drew a heart!" Ed said happily."She must like you or something."

'Why does Ed sound happy?'

"Do you really think (y/n) likes me back, Brother?"

All that you heard of that sentence was 'likes me back'.

"Obviously she does. Why else would she draw a heart on your picture?"

'Stay in the kitchen.'

"I shouldn't get my hopes. She probably just thinks I have a loving personality or something."

NOW your feet could move. You rushed into the living room and hugged Al as quickly as you could.

"Huh?" Al was a bit confused at your sudden entrance, but hugged you all the same.

"Just so you know, I heard all of that." You quietly spoke.

Before Al could act embarrassed you pull back on placed a small kiss on were his mouth would be if he wasn't an empty suit of armor. It seemed to get your point across, because after you did Al hugged you again.

"Are you mad at me for looking through your sketchbook?" He asked a little hesitantly.

You gave him a loving look and smiled at him."I can't stay mad at you." Your face grew stern as you turned to Winry and Ed. "You two, on the other hand-"

"SHORT BUDDIES!?" Ed cut you off quickly, seeing as how Al and you had had your little moment of silently confessing your feelings for each other.

You laughed a little at this. "Yeah, about that,"

"AND WHY WAS I DROOLING!?" Ed half launched himself toward you, and you ended up sitting on top of Al.

"SAVE ME MY NOBLE KNIGHT!" Al laughed a little, then spoke to Ed.

"Easy, brother."

"SHE CALLED ME SHORT!"

You decided to cut in. "I'm short to, so it's okay if I make fun of you."

"NO IT'S NOT!"

Now, that you and Al were together, you would probably have to apologize to Ed for calling him short eventually. Just not yet. He's funny when he's angry, and you knew Al wouldn't let him hurt you.

You suddenly realized you hadn't touched your apple, and an idea popped into your head.

"Ed, if you let me come down, you can have all the apples in the fridge," You called down from Al's shoulders.

"Wait a minute, those are my apples!" Winry exclaimed.

"Just give him the apples Winry! Food is the only way to get him to cooperate!"

"But that's my food, and why not the left over stew?"

"Because shinigami love apples!"

(A/N- Death Note anyone?)

"Fine. Ed, you can have some food if you calm down." Winry mumbled that last bit.

"YAY!" Ed, once again, went into the kitchen.

"Seriously, Ed?" Winry followed him.

"Those two would make a good couple." You stated blatantly.

Al looked back towards the two blondes in the kitchen and chuckled. "Yeah, you're right."

THE END

A/N- I might start making an all original story soon. It'll probably be about time travel, so anything goes in it. Prepare for paradoxes!