Everything Stays (Song-fic)

Let's go in the garden,
You'll find something waiting,
Right there where you left it,
lying upside down.

You watched as the short blonde boy bent down to examine a small blue flower budding from the ground. He looked it over for a few seconds, before reaching his hand out and plucking it from the ground. He glanced briefly over to you again, before standing and walking towards you.
"Hello, Alphonse," you greeted, standing eye level with him.
He was your closest friend and favorite playmate, although you wanted him to be more than that. Your small little heart had a very large crush.
Al held the flower behind his back slightly, red dusting his cheeks. He took a deep breath, before holding the blossom out to you.
"F-for you," he stuttered.
You blushed a bright pink, taking the flower from him.
"Th-thank you, Al. B-but, why give this to me?" You asked.
Al's face grew to a darker shade of red. He looked down at the ground and dragged his foot through the dust.
"I-I, u-um, I really l-love you a lot, (Y-Y/n)," he stuttered, avoiding eye contact.
Your blush grew darker as you comprehended what Al had just said. You smiled slightly, shuffling forward. You planted a soft kiss on his cheek, surprising him.
Pulling back away from him, your (e/c) eyes met with Al's stunned golden ones.
"I love you too, Alphonse," you grinned.
You took his hand and began to lead him back towards his family's house. Al seemed nervous, but smiled and went along with your actions.
Ed and Al's mother watched from their home, smiling at the scene she had just witnessed between her younger son and his crush.
"Such a cute little pair," she smiled to herself.
"Does this mean Al and (Y/n) are gonna get married?" A young Winry watched from the windowsill, sitting next to a grumpy looking Edward.
Trisha turned towards her and her elder son with a motherly grin.
"We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?"

When you finally find it,
You'll see how it's faded,
The underside is lighter,
When you turn it around.

"Hey mom, I'm still at Winry's house," a nine year old you spoke into the phone. "The Elric brothers are back in town, and something, bad happened to them. They're here right now. They're both alright, but they seem pretty shaken up. Is it okay if I spend the night so I can be there for him? I mean them," you quickly corrected yourself.
You listened to your mother's response, looking over at the large suit of armor sitting a short ways away on the floor. It stared down regretfully, filling your heart with sympathy.
"Okay, thanks mom. I love you, bye," you hung up the phone.
You cautiously walked over to Alphonse, sitting down next to him quietly. You looked him over silently. Your eyes began tracing the contours of the armor, Al's new body.
When his glowing red eyes turned to meet yours, you quickly looked away. Soft pink dusted your cheeks.
You heard him turn forward again. You hadn't been able to hear all his movements before, but the clanking of metal that now accompanied them didn't really bother you. Nothing about Al's new appearance really bothered you. You were sad that he wasn't able to eat or feel anymore, but he was still the same person inside.
The same person you loved so much.
"(Y-Y/n), do you think I'm, scary?" Alphonse asked nervously.
The question caught you off guard, and you tried to stutter out a reassuring response.
"O-of course not! You're still the sweet, caring soul you were before. I don't care how you look, you're the kindest person I know. I'll stick with you through thick and thin, so long as you're still such a nice person," you placed your small hand over his large gloved one.
He sighed in relief.
"Thanks for telling me that. I needed it. All this," he gestured to his own armored body, "is so new to me, I'm honestly terrified."
"If you need anyone to just talk to, I'm always here," you leaned against his chest plate.
He looked down at you for a few seconds silently.
"You're amazing, you know that, right?"
Your cheeks grew a light pink.
"So are you, Al. And thanks."
A comfortable silence lingered for a moment. Alphonse began talking about all these new problems, all the things he missed already in his short amount of time as a suit of armor. You listened patiently, taking in everything he had to say, everything that needed to be said.
He couldn't eat. He couldn't drink. He couldn't sleep. He couldn't feel.
But, he could still love.
And he could still be loved.