Can Destiny Be Changed? | A V...

By PrincessSerenity16

"It all started with a dream...." Lily Adachi, a 17 year old noble vampire hunter was cursed on the day that... More

About the OC
Chapter 1: Dreams
Chapter 2: Voices of the Past
Chapter 3: The Night Class
Chapter 4: It Will All Eventually Return
Chapter 5: Shards of Memories
Chapter 6: The Inconditional Love We Once Shared
Chapter 7: Confessions of Love
Chapter 8: He Returns
Chapter 9: Seeking Forgiveness
Chapter 10: The Stormy Night that Changed Everything
Chapter 11: The Class Trip
Chapter 12: The Island of Our Memories
Chapter 13: Our Passionate Evening in the Moonlight
Chapter 14: Yuuki's Envy
Chapter 15: The Past Returns
Chapter 16: Hidden Feelings
Chapter 17: My Feelings Conveyed Through a Song
*Watch Out Guys!*
Chapter 18: The Secret to the Curse
Chapter 19: Hideki's Resolve
Chapter 20: Saying Goodbye
Chapter 21: Going Back in Time
Chapter 22: A Date To Remember
Chapter 23: Blessings
Chapter 24: Shattered Hearts
Chapter 25: Tears of Regret
Chapter 26: A Sticky Situation
Chapter 27: The Mission Begins
Chapter 28: Revelation
Chapter 29: The Blood Moon
Chapter 30: Two Months Later
Chapter 32: Yami's Plan
Chapter 33: This is Our Destiny
Chapter 34: Moving Forward
Chapter 35: Together Forever
Epilogue: Here's to Our Future
Thank you!
OMG 80K Reads!

Chapter 31: The Race for the Scroll

1.3K 36 2
By PrincessSerenity16

*Lily's PoV, the night of May 1st*

Tonight's the night of my ridiculous goodbye party and I'm supposed to wear a white dress, while all of the other guests wear black. Today was pretty depressing. My grandfather called me mostly for what time I should arrive, and other things. Right now, I'm fixing my hair for the party, and I'm dressed in a long white dress. I decided to do my hair in a a bun, with my bangs sticking out. I then added a white sakura pin on my hair, and made sure that not one hair was sticking out. I also went light with the makeup, not going too overboard with it.

After I finished getting ready, I took a good look at myself at the mirror. No matter how much I try to smile, I just can't when my own grandfather thinks I'm going to die...

"You look very pretty, Lily." Seira said, who was wearing a long black dress, still fixing her hair.

"Thanks." I said, turning around, forcing a smile.

*knock knock*

I got up from from my vanity and made my way to open the door. When I opened the door, Seiren was standing there.

"Kaname-sama is waiting for you in the terrace, Lily-sama." She said in her usual emotionless tone.

"Oh, no need for formali-"

However, I then noticed that she had disappeared.

I sighed. She's such a mysterious one... I wonder what her story is.

"Okay... Well, I'll see you there, Seira." I said as I grabbed my purse.

"Kay. See you there." She said as she continued to brush her hair.

I made my way out of the dorms to the terrace. Tonight was a crescent moon. The evening was beautiful and peaceful. The crickets were chirping, and the trees were rustling as it was a breezy evening. The clacking of my high heels were also heard as I walked the terrace, looking for Kaname.

"You look like a princess that jumped out from the pages of a fairy tale, Lily." Kaname said, stepping out of the shadows as he was standing against a tree. He was dressed formally, wearing a suit with a black tie.

"Thanks..." I said with a small blush on my face.

He smiled warmly.

"I'm guessing my family's limo is already there waiting for us. Shall we go?" I said.

"Yes, let's go." He said holding out his arm.

I hooked my arm to his and the both of us made our way out of the academy.

*Seira's PoV*

I had finished brushing my hair and was all ready to go.

I sighed.

This ball or whatever is ridiculous. A goodbye ball, how ridiculous. Why is Grandfather taking this kind of thing so seriously? Does he have no hope for Lily?

*knock knock*

"My Princess! Your prince had arrived~" I heard Hanabusa's voice from the other side of the door.

I smiled. "Hehe, coming."

I opened the door, and there he was; dressed in black.

"You're looking dapper, Hana." I said.

He blushed. "H-Hey! I'm the one who should be complimenting you first of all!"

"Well, looks like I beat you to it." I said with a cheerful smile.

I looked at the time. "Well, look at the time... We need to get going. It starts soon and Lily already left with Kaname on one of the limos."

"Okay, let's go!" He said in his usually cheerful tone.

I sighed. "You do realize this occasion is not a happy one. It's basically one where everyone says goodbye to Lily and wishes her a happy life in the next life."

"Oh... I'm sorry." He said in a regretful tone.

"It's fine! Let's go!" I said in a cheerful tone, forcing a smile.

I took his hand and we made our way out of the Sun Dorms on our way to the other limo that was awaiting our arrival.

*Takamagahara, third person PoV*

Amaterasu walked through the gardens of the Heavenly Castle and was in thought. He looked at the flowers, enjoyed their sweet scent.

He looked at the large pink rose in the center of the garden which slowly began to wilt.

"Lily... I see you are holding on there. But very soon you will no longer be able to hold down this unbearable pain. That is the meaning of this beautiful pink rose wilting. I am looking forward to see what is to become of you both." He said calmly.

"How...how can you be calm when the lives of many living beings is at stake?"

"Because I have told you this. With destruction comes rebirth." Amaterasu stated in his usual calm tone.

"But what about that monster Yami?!" He said in a very fearful tone.

"He shouldn't be a hindrance..." It was the only words that he said.

He said nothing else. He stayed silent, simply looking at the pink rose that was slowly beginning to wilt, the petals slowly falling down.

*Lily's PoV*

Kaname and I eventually arrived to the Adachi residence and we were walking hand in hand to the entrance along with the crowd that were entering the place as well.

As we made our way to the mansion's ballroom, I noticed that everyone was looking at Kaname and I, but mostly me. It was like I was the center of attention since I was the only one in the room dressed in white. There was ballroom music playing.

Ugh, kill me. This feels so uncomfortable...

"Look it's Lily-sama... She looks so beautiful."

"It is too bad that she will soon meet her end."

"Yes. That man next to her is going to kill her with his own hands."

"But he is going to free her from her pain..."

Everyone was staring at us, and whispering within themselves.

However, I kept walking and holding my head up high. I hid my nervousness by simply grabbing Kaname's hand a bit tighter.

I looked up at Kaname and noticed that he seemed to be a bit angry. I could tell by his facial expression. This is angering him too...

"Lily!" I heard Seira's cheerful voice calling out to me.

I turned around and I saw Seira, Hanabusa, Daisuke, and Hiroki come up to us.

"Hey guys." I said with a smile.

"This is the most strangest ball that Grandfather has ever hosted. Like a goodbye ball? How dumb." Hiroki said.

"But I do remember attending one of these. We were young, and only at that time, Lily and I were born. Don't you remember Aunt Shino? Before she died, Grandfather also hosted a goodbye ball for her as well."

"Oh, yes... I was like 6 or 7 years old that time. Grandfather was so sad that time. That was actually the only time I remember seeing his sad face."

"Yeah... You're right..."

"Grandfather? Sad? That's impossible. All I have ever seen is his ridiculous emotionless face."

"Well, we all have emotions. Some just tend to hide it better than others. Maybe the death of his daughter made him feel that way." Kaname said.

"Yeah! I agree!" Hanabusa said.

"I think I agree with you as well, Kaname. Grandfather was so kind to us when we were young. But that changed when Seira was born and Lily was given the Adachi family's curse."

"Whaaa? It's my fault?" Seira said in surprise.

"No, no... There was no turning around from the curse. This part of destiny was already predestined. Even Amaterasu himself predicted both you and Hiroki's birth as well." Daisuke said.

"Yes. That is correct, Seira. None of this is your fault." She said with a smile.

Seira smiled happily, relieved.

"Lily,  it has been a while since I have seen you. You're doing alright." My grandfather said in his usual tone, coming from behind.

"Yes, I am." I said.

Then I saw that both my grandfather and Kaname were staring daggers at each other.

"I see you've been doing well with my granddaughter. It is very unfortunate that you are going to taint your hands with her blood in a couple of days."

"I am not going to kill her." He stated confidently.

"We all don't want Lily to die. But you need to think about the other people's lives here."

"I am. And I am certain that I won't kill the woman that I love."

"That is exactly what Shino's lover said. But she was in so much pain, she begged him to kill her. You will end up doing the same thing, Lily."

"I will not." I said confidently.

I then noticed I was feeling nauseous, and I put my hand over my mouth.

"Please excuse me for a second..."

I went up the stairs up to the bathroom, and slammed the door shut.

*Kaname's PoV*

"What is wrong with Lily? She looked very sick for a second." Daisuke said worriedly.

It must be the nausea from the pregnancy... Hideki has no idea that Lily is pregnant.

"It must be something having to do with the curse... Of course it is normal that she feels that way." Hideki said.

I then noticed that Hiroki whispered something into Daisuke's ear, reassuring him Lily's situation.

"Oh yeah..." Daisuke said.

I should go check on her... I really hope that she is okay.

"Do you mind if I go check on my lover?" I asked sarcastically.

"No, not at all." Hideki stated with a smirk.

I went up the stairs to the bathroom, and I heard her coughing. I then heard the noise of the running water from the sink.

I knocked on the door, and Lily slowly unlocked the door and opened it.

"Kaname..." She then smiled. "I'm okay. It was just sickness from the pregnancy. I couldn't let Grandfather know about this, now couldn't I?"

"Yes, I understand. Do you need blood?"

"No, I'm alright. We should get back downstairs before-"

"Now I see the situation.... "

Both Lily and I quickly turned around, only to find out that Hideki was standing behind us.

*Lily's PoV*

My grandfather was behind us with his arms crossed. Oh god... did he hear our entire conversation?

"I should have known I was expecting this eventually. So... How long are you into the pregnancy?"

I looked away and spoke softly. "....About two months and ten days."

"That long and you did not tell me?"

"Because I know what you are going to do! You are going to say abort the pregnancy, you are going to die anyways!"

I then saw his emotionless facade begin to crumble apart.

"What do you expect?! You are going to die in 14 days! You expect me to be happy for this?! Those children within you are going to die along with you as well!"

I then lost it. "Shut up! Stop saying that I'm going to die! Are you really that kind of a person?! Waiting for his own granddaughter to perish into nothingness?!" I said angrily.

"Lily, you..." He said in a surprised tone.

"I'm done with you! I'll show you... I'll show you that one's destiny can change if they truly believe it. Then you'll regret saying this ridiculousness!" I finally stated as I angrily walked away from him.

I went down the stairs and grabbed a glass of sparkling grape juice that was on the table where the refreshments were being served and took a sip.

"Lily, are you okay?!" Seira said worriedly.

"I'm fine...just pregnancy sickness, you know... But unfortunately, Grandfather found out and things aren't looking well..."

"And Kaname?"

"It seems he stayed upstairs with him. I don't know what they are talking about. I just left so I don't know the situation."

"Well, there they come." She said looking at the stairs.

I saw my grandfather and Kaname going down the stairs. Grandfather had his eyes on me the entire time.

"Lily... I am sorry..."

"Wait...what did you just say?"

"I am sorry. Can we go talk on the balcony, just the two of us?"

"Uhh, sure?"

I looked over at Kaname confused and he nodded.

I followed him to the balcony and then he started talking.

"Kaname explained to me your situation. How you've been leaving your classes for these past two months because you haven't been feeling well. Things have been tough for you, haven't they?"

I nodded my head. "Yes, they have. But I can't just give up life like that."

"I see... You know, you remind me of Shino a bit. Shino was a talented poet. She loved to write poems on her free time when she didn't have vampire hunter duties. I remember she even wrote a poem for her Pureblood lover. She really loved him. Truly. But she did not ever want to become a vampire. She wanted to die as a human. So she let her lover kill him, and he then killed himself. Kind of depressing, isn't it?" He said, looking up to the moon.

Kaname was right... After seeing his daughter die, it's like he has given up entirely with life and he became this emotionless kind of man.

"It was hard for me, Lily. So I closed up my feelings and just accepted what destiny awaited you. In truth, I don't want to lose you... But I need to think for the people that still exist in this world. Do you want to see your loved ones suffer, die?" He said in a sad tone.

"No, but please listen to me. There is still hope. There is a scroll in the Ishigaki Islands that may save me and the rest of the eldest daughters who's lover is a vampire."

"A scroll? This is the first I've heard of..."

"Kaname is going to get it with a group of others tomorrow. Due to the safety of both me and the children, Kaname will leave me at the Kuran mansion so that Yami will not find me."

"I see..." He said, continuing to look ahead.

"I promise you... I won't follow in Aunt Shino's footsteps, no matter how much pain will hit me."

"All right. I'll believe you." He said, smiling.

For the first time in such a long time, I finally saw Grandfather Hideki smile authentically.

"One more thing...about Kaname and I's relationship..."

"I'm still not too good about it, but I will make an attempt for your sake. Kaname seems to be a pain in my head. He's very perceptive."

"Because he does it sometimes too. He can put up an emotionless facade when he ends up in a tough situation. I'll admit however, I've seen parts of him that no one has ever knew about. I've seen the true him. The emotions that he has hidden behind his emotionless facade. The emotionless barrier the one creates...eventually breaks. Because emotions can overcome anything." I said truthfully.

"Yes. You are right, Lily... You are absolutely right." He said.

I then saw him look at the time on the big clock that was a big higher from the balcony entrance.

"We should get inside now. I need to make the speech to everyone after the dance."

"Still going to go on with that?" I said as I drank the last bit of sparkling juice that was left.

"No. I'm going to change the speech a bit." He said.

"Oh?" I said curiously.

"You'll see." Grandfather said as we made our way back to the residence.

I made my way back inside, looking around, searching for Kaname. I then saw him near the stairs with Daisuke, Hiroki, Seira, and Aido.

I made my way in that direction and Kaname smiled when he saw me.

"So, how did it go? Did you fix the situation with Hideki?"

"Yes. I was surprised, actually. It's like for the first time ever since Aunt Shino died, he showed me his true emotions. How did you get him to-"

"I told him how much you've been going through. His despise towards vampires stemmed from Shino's death and I told him to stop looking back to the past and look towards the future."

I giggled. "I didn't know you were one that gives advice, Kaname."

"I have seen many things these past 10,000+ years. There have been many people just like your grandfather that have acted like this."

"I see..."

"Everyone! May I please have your attention? Lord Hideki Adachi, the current head of the Adachi family and the leader of the vampire hunters is going to make a speech."

Everyone then turned their attention to the stage and my grandfather was already up there.

He looked at me with a smile and motioned me to go up there.

Daisuke, Seira, Hiroki, and Kaname nodded their heads and I walked up there,

"Actually, the one who will be speaking tonight will be my granddaughter, Lily." He said.

"Go ahead, Lily. Tell everyone what you believe."

At first I hesitated, however I then took the mic and stood in front of the large crowd.

"Umm, hello. For those of you who do not know me, my name is Lily Adachi, the eldest daughter of Kazuki and Hiromi Adachi. Now, I would like speak my true feelings to you all. I...believe that there can always be second chances in life, and that things happen for a reason. I learned that from the man that I love from the bottom of my heart. Many people believe that people are born with their destiny set in stone. That may be true, but I think that with the decisions we make in our lives, it can be changed. I personally do not wish to die but that does not mean I am putting you all at risk. Kaname, Seira, Hiroki, Daisuke, the Night Class students at Cross Academy and I have already found a way, a loophole. And that is a hidden scroll that Itsuki Inoue found in the Ishigaki Islands. Thanks to his sacrifice... there is hope. I think that is a quality that we should all have. We shouldn't lose hope. Ever. Because there is always something shining bright at the end of a dark path. I just want to end this speech with this: Don't ever think that the future is already predicted. Because with just one decision, it can change a great deal. But...if things don't work out as we planned and I end up having to die, then I would like to thank my friends, family, and my lover for all being in my life, and making me the happiest woman."  I then ended it with a smile.

One person began to clap. Then many more joined in as well.

I then felt my grandfather's hand on my shoulder.

"Good job, Lily." He said with a smile.

I smiled happily and hugged him for the first time in many years.  I noticed he was surprised at first, but eventually he brought his arms around me.

The claps continued for a while longer until after I had made my way back to the others.

"Lily, great speech! I'm very surprised that you came up with such an awesome speech from memory!" Hiroki said.

"That is because I was speaking with my honest and true feelings. I didn't really memorize a speech or anything..."

"That was still incredible overall!" Daisuke said cheerfully.

"Really, you surprise me with new sides of yourself every day, Lily." Kaname said, smiling at me.

I smiled back.

"Lily.. I am so proud of you. I am positive that your father would be as well."

I turned around, and to my surprise my mother was standing there with the Headmaster.

"Mom... I thought you weren't coming..." I said in a bit of a surprised tone.

"Well, at first she said she wasn't, but she knew that you would want her here with you, right?"

"Yes, of course! Thanks for coming, Mom!" I said with a happy smile.

She smiled.

Ballroom music then began to play, and Kaname held his hand to me.

"May I have this dance?"

I took his hand. "Of course."

The both of us went to the middle of the ballroom. I put my hand on his chest and he put his arm around my waist. 

The both of us began to dance in perfect rhythm with the music. The entire crowd surrounded us, and Kaname and I, and Seira and Hanabusa were the only ones dancing . Even though Seira and Hanabusa were dancing as well, I felt like it was just Kaname and I in the ballroom, dancing in the beach where the both of us met 9,000 years ago.

As we were dancing, I began to hear negative voices in my head.

"Revenge...my revenge will be fulfilled. And I will do what needs to be done..." A voice echoed in my head.

I looked around however Kaname brought me closer to him.

"Ignore it...." He whispered softly.

It seems that he heard Yami's voice as well.

"Lily... that man is near. We must flee after this party." Kaname said in a suspicious tone.

"What, where?" I asked, lost for words.

"It seems like there is going to be a change in plans. I am taking you with me. Yami is on the move and he is coming to get you. His presence is getting closer to here."

"That early?" I said curiously.

As we continued dancing, Kaname whispered, "You are getting weaker as the day is approaching. That is the condition Yami wants you to be in. To take you in your weakest state.It seems that he is getting impatient, as he has not found the scroll yet. I want to be there for you, no matter what."

As the ballroom music continued, he spun me around as we danced in the spotlight of the ballroom, being watched by all the guests as the both of us continued to dance in perfect sync.

"Kaname..."

"It's like the Adachi priestess from 9,000 years ago truly has reincarnated... After seeing so many paintings drawn by artists of what Kaname and Kira looked like during that time." One of the guests said.

"Yes, you are truly right!" Another guest.

"She has not changed a bit, hasn't she, Mina?" I then noticed Mari, who was standing beside Mina watching us as well.

"Nope. Not at all. Same Kira." She said in a nostalgic tone.

Mari and Mina came all the way here from the Ishigaki Islands?

The ballroom music eventually stopped and the both of us made our way over to them. However, their expressions turned serious.

"The both of you must leave immediately. Yami Kurono is coming here." Mina said.

"Yes, his presence departed the Islands just very recently. He knows you are here Lily and this place is his destination. He's threatened that if you don't leave with him, he will kill all the people here. That is why Mina is telling you both to leave this place immediately." Mari said worriedly.

"And the people?" Kaname asked.

"I'll take care of that. You two just get out of here safely and get that scroll from Miss Michiko. I've already sent them a message through bird."

"Grandfather..."

"We'll come with you guys." Daisuke said.

Seira, Hiroki, and Hanabusa nodded in agreement.

"I'll get in touch with the others as well. We are going to need all the help we can get. Yami may end up returning there." Kaname said.

"We will help you as well. The others are already waiting for us all there."  Mari said with a smile.

After formulating the plan, the eight of us made our way out and as we did, I saw my mother, grandfather and the Headmaster looked at me with a smile.

"Be careful out there. All of you." My mother said with a smile.

"And you be careful as well, Mom." Hiroki said.

She smiled and nodded her head.

"Lily... You might need these. Please... be careful." Grandfather said, holding out both Bloody Diamond and Golden Artemis out.

"I will." I said confidently with a smile.

"Let's go, everyone." Kaname stated.

"Yes!" Everyone said in unison.

All of us ran out of the Adachi residence, and Kaname summoned the others through a mind link to meet us at the Ishigaki Islands.

I put both Bloody Diamond and Golden Artemis in my purse, and Kaname had surprisingly transported all of us to the docks using his bats.

"We need to get there faster. Getting there by boat takes about 25 to 30 minutes." Daisuke said.

I then noticed that some that something was glowing in the ocean.

"What is that over there?" Hiroki said curiously.

"That is like a gate. It is supposed to transport us, the descendants of the six families to the Ishigaki Islands. If you jump into the water over the glowing light, it will immediately take you and the the person you are touching there." Mina explained.

"How come we didn't see this the last time we were here?" I said.

"It was during the day when you all arrived, but at night... Only descendants of the six ancestral families can see it." Mari said.

"Wow..." I said in surprise.

"To think we are doing this dressed all formal and such... How are we going to fight Ayakashis like this?" Seira said.

"Let's just hope we don't come across one... For Lily's sake." Hanabusa said.

Everyone nodded.

"Lily, may I speak to you for a minute?" Kaname asked me.

"Sure.."

The both of us went a bit of a distance from everyone, and he embraced me tightly.

"What is this all of a sudden?" I said, lost for words.

"No matter what obstacles we face from here on out, I just want you to know that I want you to be strong. I don't know what is going to happen, but if things get to worse, I will do anything...and I mean anything to save you."

"Kaname, you don't mean..."

"I have strong beliefs that you won't die. But if things get worse..."

"....Kill me."

"Lily, we talked about this. You're pregnant. I cannot..."

I held Kaname's hands tightly.

"I'm saying if there is absolutely no way out of this, If the plan doesn't go well, and the scroll's instructions do not work... I want you to take away my life."

I then noticed that Kaname's bangs were covering his eyes. I don't know how he even feels about this. But.. I'll continue to believe until the very end.

"Then if you die, I am going with you." He said confidently.

"Kaname, that's-"

I was then interrupted.

"If you are not with me, I would not know what I will do with my life. For 9,000 years, you have always been a part of my life in some form of way. You were in my dreams, you appeared at Cross Academy, searching for me; the one who appeared in your dreams. Then you found out your past. Our destinies are intertwined. If you die, I will die with you. A life without you..does not sit well with me." He said in a lonely tone.

I sighed. "That is if  things don't go as planned. But I'm sure everything is going to be okay. Let's not worry ourselves about that." I said.

"You're right. I apologize for saying those things when the time hasn't even come..."

"It's okay. Now we should get going. Everyone is waiting for us." I said, holding his hand tightly.

"Yes, you are right." He said.

The both of us then made our way back with the others.

"You two finally finished your private little conversation over there?" Daisuke said with a smirk.

"Yes." I said.

"All right now. Are we all ready here?" Mina asked.

"Yes!" Everyone said in unison.

"So what do we do?" I said curiously, looking at the glowing light in the water.

"Just jump in the water. And don't worry about getting wet. Once the water comes into contact with you by just a bit, it will automatically take you there." Mari said.

"All right then. I'll go first! Let's go, Kaname!" I said excitedly.

"Lily, are you sure this will work? I don't see any light."

"Well, it is just as Mina said. Only descendants of the six families from Takamagahara can see it. So trust me, okay?" I said cheerfully with a smile.

I took his hand and the both of us jumped into the water. It felt strange, because Mina was right. When we made contact, we did not get wet. It took us right to the shores of the Ishigaki Islands.

"Wow... This is cool! I can't believe something like this exists!" I said excitedly.

"Me neither..."

Then everyone appeared as well in a flash.

"That felt strange... But cool as well!" Hanabusa said.

"Anyways, we have no time to waste. We need to quickly make our way to the Enjo residence to get that scroll before-"

Then a horde of Ayakashi appeared before us.

"So... you all know the location of the scroll, don't you...? Well that's unfortunate, because Lord Yami knew you would all probably come here when he stepped foot out of the Islands, so he told us to keep watch and see if you fools would come here. And look at that... He was right."

Damn it... They did suspect something.

"Beautiful Princess Kira... All dressed up in white, ready to meet her fated death..."

I formed one of my hands into a fist, and slowly took out Golden Artemis in its rod form.

"Lily! You don't need to fight! The five of us will take care of this! Just go and get the scroll!"

I turned around and the source of the voice was Takuma. He came along with Ruka, Rima, Akatsuki, and Senri.

"You guys!" Hanabusa said.

"We got a message from Lord Kaname telling us to come here right away. We'll take care of these things, you all just get there!" Akatsuki said.

"You sure?" I said.

"Positive." Senri said.

"You guys go! Hana and I will stay back here and help the others as well."

"Seira..."

"Go on, Sis!" She said with her usual cheerful smile.

"Seira... Thank you! And everyone as well!"

I saw Ruka, who gave me a small nod and even smiled at me as well. I was actually surprised. Maybe she finally understands...

"Let's go, Lily." Kaname said.

"Yes!"

Hiroki, Daisuke, Kaname, Mina, Mari, and I ran out of the shores of the beach into town to meet with the other reincarnations: Erika Yoshida and Ryo Fukui.

"You guys!" A  cheery voice called to us as we entered town.

When I turned around, I saw Erika and Ryo run up to us.

"Hey there guys!" I said happily.

All of us got together, and caught up for a bit.

"So the scroll is at..."

I then finished Erika's sentence.

"...The Enjo residence. Michiko awaits our arrival." I stated.

"Let's hurry." Daisuke said.

I raised my dress and we all began to run and make our way to the residence.

*Yami's PoV*

I was close to reaching the Adachi residence until I received a mind link from one of my underlings.

"Lord Yami, the Adachi girl is at the Ishigaki Islands, but beware...she has brought many allies with her."

"Heh.. I see. Then I'll hide my presence from Kaname Kuran and take Lily from behind."

"I don't know if that is going to be possible. That man is always by Lily's side." The underling stated.

"Now don't you worry about that. She is reaching her weakest state. I'll take her with me for the last few days, and then when the Blood Moon rises, that is when I'll use her as my personal vessel."

I broke the mind link with him.

"Well... That was actually a good plan. That means that the scroll truly is in the Ishigaki Islands still. But I have looked everywhere for six months, where could it be?"

Wait a second here... I did check almost everywhere there.. But there was one place that I never thought about. The family that served the ancestors many years ago... The Enjo family... I see. That girl, Michiko Enjo. That girl was very close to my family many, many years ago... Up to the point where I gained feelings for her... Why is she helping them?!

*flashback, play the song*

"Keiji, I would like you to meet Michiko Enjo. She is their only daughter, and she does not have any friends. I would like you and Keira to get closer to her so she doesn't feel alone..." My father said as we stood at entrance to the Enjo residence.

The 10-year old girl looked at me, then looked away.

I smiled and walked up to her. "Don't be shy! We'll be best friends forever!"

"R-Really? You promise?"

"Of course! I will never leave your side, Michiko!" I said, holding both of her hands.

"Me neither!" Keira joined in as well.

"Thank you!" She said with a happy smile.

Then on one beautiful summer day, Keira went somewhere with our parents and it was just Michiko and I sitting on a hilltop under a tree, looking out to the beach and town, which seemed distant. It's been about a few months since I've known her, and I felt something grow deep within my heart. That is the day I decided to confess to her.

"Michiko, I love you. I guess we are pretty young to be saying these kind of things, but... I really do love you. I want you to be with me forever."

"Keiji... you...you mean that?"

"Yes. I hope that someday we can get married a-and live a happy life together..."

I then did something I never thought I would do.. I kissed Michiko softly in the lips. She didn't move or do anything. She just kissed me back.

However after my parents died, I never saw Michiko ever again...

*end of flashback*

"So you are going to leave me as well, Michiko? You broke the promise we had 9 years ago.. Looks like I am going to have to be a bit rough on you." I said to myself in a low voice.

I must ignore this pain. This kind of pain will get in the way from accomplishing my plans.

I then transported back to the Ishigaki Islands, where I would have to face off with my first love...

*Third person PoV, Enjo residence*

Michiko held the scroll tightly within her arms, while sitting on her bed, looking out the window waiting for Kaname and Lily to arrive. She then looked over to the small portrait on her desk. It was a picture of her and Keiji on that last day they spent together.

"Keiji... How I miss you ever so... I know you are still out there.... I haven't forgotten our promise..." She said sadly.

She prayed to stay alive, hoping that this "Yami" person wouldn't take her life. She fully intends to keep her promise to Keiji; to be in his arms once again.

"I wanna see you again... I want to be in your arms which gave me warmth. You are the one that saved me from the depths of loneliness... Keiji Kurono..."

She said it as a shooting star passed by through the sky, making a wish...

                                  ~I'll show you a sweet dream next night~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 226 29
𝚏𝚊𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚌 ┊ 𝚟𝚊𝚖𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚎 𝚔𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 ▮ 𝚉𝙴𝚁𝙾 𝙺𝙸𝚁𝚈𝚄 𝚇 𝙰𝙺𝙴𝙼𝙸 𝚈𝙾𝚂𝙷𝙸𝙽𝙾 ▮ ❛❛ 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚒 𝚠𝚊𝚜 �...
20.5K 691 23
"Dreams are beautiful lies while Nightmares are ugly truths." I whispered emotionlessly to myself. "What made you think that?" Kaname asked and I ju...
4.9K 119 29
Oka Ruriko is the last of her family, who is believed to be completely lost forever. But when Oka starts attending Cross Academy at the request of on...
552K 16.8K 28
As the new transfer student in Cross Academy, you discover vampiric secrets and forbidden love there. Which vampire will capture your heart? This is...