Chapter 20: Saying Goodbye

*Lily's PoV*

I looked to my right, and Zero was standing there.

"Zero, what are you doing here?" I said, quickly wiping away my tears and standing up.

"I was looking for the headmaster, which I heard was here, so I came."

"Oh... He's probably with my grandfather, drinking tea. Just keep walking forward and take a right... They are in the living room over there."

"All right, thanks. And... Are you ok? You were crying. Did Kuran break your heart?"

"Oh, no no. It's other things. No need to worry, Zero. Um, I'm going to go to my room now..."

I then felt that Zero took my hand and embraced me.

"What...?" I said, my eyes widened.

"I never was able to tell you my feelings. Listen, I know you're with Kuran and all, but I just want to tell you this just so you know. I love you, Lily. I care about you, and I just think that if you're with him, you are going to get hurt..."

I broke from the embrace. "Thanks for telling me your feelings Zero, but I love Kaname. No matter what kind of person he is, no matter what people think of him, I will continue to love him." I said.

"Tch. I knew you would say that. But it's fine. I understand. However, if he does anything to hurt you, I will hurt him."

"Zero..." I then smiled. "Thank you. But I don't think that will be necessary. The living room is right over there. I'm going to my room, I'll see you around." I finally stated as I began to make my way up to my room.

To think that the distant Zero Kiryu has feelings for me... I truly think if I met him before Kaname, there could have been something between us.

It was only after a minute after I started walking that I heard Zero's footsteps pace to the living room.

I went up the stairs and made it to my room.

I saw that there was a black outfit ready for me to wear for Dad's funeral.

I sighed. "To think that you are already gone from this world, Dad.."

I then made my way to my bed and I jumped into the soft queen sized bed and looked straight up into the wall.

Misery and sadness is all what chases me...

Why is destiny attempting to rip me apart from Kaname once again? I was killed for being with him 9,000 years ago, but now they say that Kaname has to kill me now because of that one night, that the world is fated to be destroyed? Why was I even reborn if the same thing is going to happen again?

I looked at the time up at the clock.

3:50 pm.

I should go and get ready...