Chapter 15: The Past Returns

*Lily's PoV, 9,000 years ago*

Note: Italics are Lily's thoughts.

"Eiichi.. What is going on now?" Kira said.

"Many vampire hunters are dying... The vampires are winning. We have to step in and stop this war before things take a turn for the worse..." He said.

Kaname did tell me there was a war during this time...

Kira got up from her bed, looking out the window. "I'm going for a walk. I need to think some things through. This war has to end without the vampires and vampire hunters getting hurt. Fighting isn't going to solve anything. Even if the vampires are our enemies, we have to end this peacefully. That's one of the reasons why we descended from Takamagahara." Kira said.

Kira may have considered vampires to be her enemy, but she never wanted to end the war by simply killing them.

"Would you like me to accompany you, Kira?" Eiichi said with a smile.

"No it's fine. I need to think this through alone. I'll see you later, ok?" Kira said, making her way out of the room.

To think that he and I were actually friends at one point... To think that this kind man I see here is the person I now know as Itsuki Inoue, my ex-fiancé...

Kira went outside to the beaches, looking out to the sunset. "I want things to end peacefully...Things cannot continue as they are now..."

She then sensed that someone was approaching her, coming to her in her direction.

"Umm..." 

She then looked to the side, and saw a tall vampire male with brown hair and crimson eyes approaching her.

That's Kaname! Wow... He hasn't changed a bit... He still looks extremely handsome...

"Vampire!" She said as she pointed the weapon at him for self-defense.

"Don't worry, i'm not here to hurt you. I just want to talk to you..." He said.

"That's weird. A vampire wanting to talk to me, a human being born in Takamagahara?"

"So? Is there a problem with that? I wish for coexistence between humans and vampires." He said.

Even during those years, he wished for coexistence... Kaname has always wanted to live in peace as well...

"Really... My people don't wish for that. They believe that vampires are a sin, they shouldn't be around humans." She said.

"That's not right at all. We are all people here. We should have the same rights." He said.

"You're an interesting one. What's your name?" She aked him curiously.

"I'm Kaname Kuran. It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss...?"

"Kira. Kira Adachi. I guess I can say it's a pleasure to meet you as well, Kaname..." She said with a kind smile.

The both of them walked through the beach, getting to know each other.

"So, why are you here at the Ishigaki Islands instead of the battlefield?" She told him curiously.