Chapter 29: The Blood Moon

*Seira's PoV*

Hanabusa and I just stood there, not moving.

"Seira, you do realize that that was not Lily. I don't know what happened, but somewhat she let herself be corrupted by that Ayakashi guy or whatever he is. He had a reason for doing that." Hanabusa told me, looking to where Shizuka had disappeared.

"What do you think his goal was then?"

"To weaken Lily. Didn't you see her before she left here? She looked like she was about to die or something. Like she lost half of her life force.."

"Life force?!"

"Yes... Do you not remember what you were told? After Lily kills Shizuka, she ends up bearing the sins that Shizuka once carried. And Shizuka has committed many sins."

Now I am worried. She looked like she was in a very bad state. I hope she can hold up. Truly...

I then noticed that Hanabusa had grabbed my hand tightly.

"No matter what happens, just know that I am here with you. Lily will get through this..."

"Hanabusa... How do you know that?"

"I told you! I'm a genius! I know these kind of things!" He said proudly.

He's his usual self, that Hanabusa...

I giggled. "All right, fine. I'll believe ya. Lily is a strong person. And I'm pretty she's not going to leave her future children there to die."

"That's the spirit! Now, let me take you back to your dorm, so you can wash up and rest."

Hanabusa then put his arm around my waist and the both of us left the old dorms, leaving Zero and Ichiru, who were now the only two that remained.

*Zero's PoV*

I saw Ichiru, who was staring blankly at the ground where that woman had disappeared. She is finally gone, and I feel relieved, but he doesn't... He truly is upset. He's grabbing that bell she left behind as if it were his dear life.

I don't know what to do... He and I haven't been getting along ever since we saw each other again, and honestly, I don't know how to treat him...

He turned around, looking at me.

"Are you happy now, Zero?"

I stayed silent. I don't know what to say...

"I'm sure you are. After all, you did hate her. But sometimes, things aren't always as they seem, Zero." He finally stated, standing up, walking away from me.

"Ichiru..." I softly called out to him, receiving no response from him.

I wonder.... What is going to happen next...? How are we going to deal with that Ayakashi guy?

I can't stop thinking about her. How is Lily holding up? She looked like she was in grave pain after that black mist left from her body... I should go check up on her when she comes back to Cross Academy.