Chapter 26: A Sticky Situation

*Lily's PoV, the next morning*

I softly opened my eyes, hearing the chirping of birds in the morning. The sun shines proudly in the sky, clouds scattering. I looked to my side, and saw him sleeping like a little baby, covering himself from the sun with the blanket.

So cute... I thought to myself as I moved his soft brown hair to the side. I need to go to the Association today and tell them I'm alright. If I don't go, the other hunters might worry.

I slowly sat up from bed. Right when I was about to get up to go for a bath, I felt Kaname's hand.

"Where are you going, Lily?" He mumbled, with his eyes still closed.

I squeezed his hand. "Don't worry. I'm going to call Yagari to tell them I'm fine. So just keep resting, alright?"

"I am not tired anymore. I'm going to go take a bath while you make the call. You can join me if you would like after. It might relax you a bit." He said with a smile.

I blushed. "I'll consider it..."

I took out my phone and dialed Yagari's number.

"Yagari Toga speaking."

"This is Adachi."

"Lily?! You're alright?"

"Yeah. Thanks to Kaname, I've recovered."

"So he's your boyfriend, huh. Are you two alright now?"

"Yeah. We are." I said happily.

"Then I don't want you going on anymore dangerous missions. You have your lover to be with plus you still have that mission to kill that pureblood. Don't force yourself any more. Better said, don't come back here to risk your life. Enjoy this break that you have now. Be lucky the Association President's goin' easy on you. I'll tell the others you're alright."

"Ok then. Bye."

"And one more thing. I saw your fighting. You're pretty good."

"Hehe, thanks...."

"Take care."

"Alright. See you."

I hung up the phone and smiled. 

"Finally someone notices my skills and on top of that, a senior hunter!" I said quietly in an excited tone.

"Lily." I heard Kaname's voice from the bathroom.

"Oh! Yes, Kaname?"

"I'm waiting for you."

"But I didn't even say-"

"I know you are going to say yes."

I blushed. "I'm coming..."

I got my outfit for today ready.

*Lily's outfit for the day*