Chapter 14: Yuuki's Envy

*Lily's PoV, the next morning, Day 1*

The rays of the sun shined brightly through the window as I opened my eyes. I was able to sleep well after that nightmare, but.. what could have that been? Could it be true? The fact that I bear the sins of humans and vampires? Ugh, what a headache... I thought as a put my hand on my forehead. I looked over at Kaname, who was sound asleep. I smiled and moved his bangs to the side, seeing his calm and defenseless sleeping face. I looked at the time and it read 7:30 am.

"I guess I should just get up and take a fresh bath." I said to myself in a soft voice. I got up and put Kaname's long white shirt to cover myself and made my way to the adjourning bathroom.

Damn, I feel a bit of pain down there... Thanks a lot, Kaname.

I made my way to the bathtub and filled it up with some warm water, putting in some of my favorite bubble bath that I bought from back home. A few minutes later after the tub was filled, I went inside.

I sighed. This is much better.... I looked out the window next to the tub looking out to the beach ahead. What a beautiful day... I closed my eyes, enjoying the peace and quiet.

"Can I join you, Lily?" Kaname said from behind the closed door. "It's fine if you don't want me to, I can wait..."

I kinda want him by my side right now.. It's kind of lonely without him.

"No, no... It's fine. You can come in..." I said.

"I knew you would say that. I just wanted to hear you say it." He said as he entered the bathroom.

I blushed, bringing myself halfway underwater, hiding my blushing face.

He took off the the towel that surrounded his waist and came in the water.

"You prepared it nicely, Lily. It's very refreshing." He said.

"Thank you..."

"Lily, do you mind washing my back?" He said.

"Sure.." I said.

I took the soapy luffa (I think that's how you spell it) and passed it gently up and down his broad back.

That dream felt so real.... The hot, painful flames that engulfed me...Were those the sins of the people?

"Are you feeling better, Lily?" He said worriedly.

"From what happened last night?" I said.

He nodded his head.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just a bit stuck in my mind. The fact that I bear the sins of humans and vampires... That part makes sense. The pain that I sometimes feel deep in my heart as I'm sick... That is one of the things that the cursed one bears. I just cannot believe they are punishing me this way. My family was already punished by getting cast out from Takamagahara, and they killed my past life already... I'm no longer someone from Takamagahara. Why are they still punishing me like this? Why can't I just live a life like a normal person?" I said, about to cry.

If I wasn't born a vampire hunter, my dream would have been to become an singer. It's always what I wanted to be ever since I was young. However, my parents told me that it wasn't possible for me to become one because of my duty as a vampire hunter.