Zelink: Redamancy

By CookieKatti

While legends come to us from distant past, others have yet to be written. What happens when Zelda, the hero... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Triforce stealer
Chapter 2 - young man
Chapter 3 - Apology
Chapter 4 - forest of four murders
Chapter 5 - The crumbling kingdom
Chapter 7 - Never go back
Chapter 8 - break a habit
Chapter 9 - Fiend
Chapter 10 - scars
Chapter 11 - the blade of the evils bane
Chapter 12 - magic
Chapter 13 - The Princess and her hero
Chapter 14 - Bracelet
Chapter 15 - choice
Chapter 16 - her person
Chapter 17 - A paint brush
Chapter 18 - the brown notebook
Chapter 19 - United
Chapter 20 - a love returned in full
Chapter 21 - sorrowful day
Chapter 22 - Theories
Chapter 23 - Backstory
Chapter 24 - the picture of perfection
Chapter 25 - drab painting
Chapter 26 - The grand finale
Epilogue
Bonus = useless talk + randomness

Chapter 6 - World without you

196 15 3
By CookieKatti

The priest grabbed my hand and looked me deep into my eyes through his dirty glasses.

"I do not recognize your face. What is a young precious creature, such as you, doing in our kingdom?" He asked from me.

My hand started to sweat under his small hands. "Honestly, I don't know either. It's a long story." I responded sounding a bit awkward.

"I see." He then turned to look at Link and Ganondorf who were looking at the paintings that were hanging on the walls of the sanctuary. "Your excellency?"

"I'll explain. And Zelda shall correct me if I'm wrong." Link responded and walked to the bench at the first row of the sanctuary. He sat down. So did the priest and me. Ganondorf noticed us and tried to rush to us but he stumbled to the corner of the blue carpet. I tried my best not to laugh.

Link cleared his throat and started. "So, like I already stated, this is Zelda. From Hairule."

"Hyrule." I murmured.

"And she is basically looking a way back home. She fell into our world by-"

Ganondorf had gotten up from the floor and touched Link's shoulder scaring the life out of him. Link let out an long scream and then looked at Ganondorf like he wanted to kill him.

After Link had hissed enough to Ganondorf, he continued the story and I corrected him about seventeen times.

After Link finished the rather messy story the priest looked thoughtful. He stood up and went to the altar and pointed at an huge painting representing three men. The gods of this world I suppose.

"This is the only thing I can think of, shall we remove it and see if it has anything behind it?" He asked coughing.

All the three of us nodded.

Link, the priest and Ganondorf got the painting off the wall and held it while I checked the back. My eyes sparkled as I saw an tall crack on the wall that glowed light and looked like glass.
The three men put the painting leaning towards a wall and came rushing to see the crack on the wall.

Ganondorf let out an long impressed sigh and held his hands against his glowing rosy cheeks "Is this it?"

"I dare to say yes." I nodded.

Link looked like he had never seen light before. "Worlds apart... As they say..." He mumbled. He reached to touch it but Ganondorf slapped his hand away quickly.

"Your majesty! What in the world do you think you're doing? If you'll touch that thing you get sucked into Hai-... Hyrule!" He snapped.

Link quickly came into his senses and then shrugged. "I guess you're right. I have my duties in here.."

The priest looked shocked. "But is young miss Zelda going to leave now? She seemed so useful to help this kingdom of ours!"

I knew that Link needs help. But would I leave Hyrule to help such an helpless prince who can't do anything for his kingdom? No. After I go back to Hyrule I might not be able to come back here, but that's not an problem, right? What about Link? What about Arlen? What about their Trifocre? What if Link will just use me as help to save his hideous kingdom? Maybe I don't even believe the whole Triforce thing he tells me. I can't trust anything. But one fact I do know, something has brought these two worlds close to each other, so close, that they are now connected.

I cleared my throat. "I'd love to help. But my kingdom needs to be protected too." That's a lie. Love to help this place? Keep dreaming. "So.. I guess I'll be going now.." I sighed. And looked at the three men looking at me silently.

"Oh lovely Zelda. You have made such amazing memories with us! Even if it was only for an short time, I feel like I've known you forever." Ganondorf smiled and hugged me. His red beard touched my face, please help me. It feels disgusting. I patted at his shoulder which I barely reached hoping to get off his strong grip as soon as possible.

The priest shook my hand and I nodded and smiled at him.

Link was quiet. He sat to the front row bench. He looked at me like he didn't even know me. I walked two steps down from the altar and sat down to the third step to look at him. And there we sat, in silence, both unsure what to say. I looked at him desperately trying to find the sparkle in his eyes or the little curve in his smile. He looked at me for another split second and then turned away to look at Ganondorf who was also silent.

"Your excellency, Zelda is leaving. Don't you have anything to say?" Ganondorf asked surprised from Link.

Link turned to look at me again.

"Will you remember me?" He asked me saddened.

I nodded. "How could I ever forget?"

He stood up and and walked to me, grabbed my hand and lifted me up.

We walked to the portal. Now Link seemed rather angry.

"What's wrong?"

"How can you leave me like this...?" He held his anger inside.

I was surprised. I thought that he just wanted to get rid of me just like I wanted to get of him. This man changes his emotions more often than the King of Hyrule when he's hungry.

"I don't want to live in a world where you don't exist!" He fell to the floor in defeat as his anger was replaced with sadness.

Don't you dare to start playing this game with me. I've heard all of those words before, yet, none of those mess of words was true. After I'm gone, would you really miss me? I don't think so. You are only after the Triforce. But you'll never get it.

I helped him up.

"Zelda.. You are the heroine.. My kingdom needs someone like you.. Please.. Stay.." Link said as tears fell down from his deep blue eyes.

"I can't. I need to get back to my kingdom."

Link sighed. "I guess you're right. We cannot live in the same world. I-I'm sorry."

I felt how my heart pounded faster than it usually does. Have I ever felt this bad for anyone?

"I guess it would be selfish to ask.. But you can't give us your Triforce of Courage, can you?" He asked full of hope.

I knew it. Now, I'm angry. My feelings towards him had turned from pity to pure anger.

"No. No I can't." I said in anger.

"Please, Zelda..."

"Your royal highness. I wish the best for our kingdom, but by tearing Hyrule's Triforce apart? You'd bring out the absolutely worst in Arlen! This dark and sad place what we call home, may be doomed. But at least our kingdom won't be condemned for taking their Triforce pieces." Ganondorf interrupted us.

Atleast this kingdom has someone who knows the words of wisdom.

"I am sorry miss Zelda. Lately living in Arlen has been difficult, more difficult than usual." Ganondorf continued. "Please don't get mad."

"I understand." I nodded. 

Link had fallen to the floor again. He breathed heavily as tears fell down to the floor. I bowed to the floor where Link was. I looked at his face. His eyes had turned red after crying. I patted at his shoulder and then got up.

"Link." I started and took an deep breath. "I hope you'll remember me too. I hope you'll see something that reminds you of me. And I hope that you smile, and remember the memories we created together."

Ganondorf smiled at me.

I nodded and touched the portal. As I started to fade away, I looked at Link who had gotten up from the floor.

"Zelda, we shall meet again." I heard him whisper.

I waved at the three men who all smiled at me saddened and waved back.

I was sucked into the portal. I couldn't feel anything though. I watched as my dark surroundings turned into colorful rainbow of light.

Soon after I fell face first to the ground. Again? I thought as I got up. I saw how the portal located at the very back wall of the sanctuary breathed blackness into the light. I turned around. Greenery surrounded me. I saw an big field in front of me, and on the left stood Kakariko village, on the right the Eastern Palace and right in front of me? Hyrule castle.

I'm home. I'm finally home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 135 38
For centuries the wielders of the Triforce have been trapped in a seemingly endless battle between good and evil. It's simple: the Hero and the Princ...
8.3K 304 17
(Editing/Rewriting) Set in the time of Twilight Princess. Not in the same Plot. Rated T (Teen) for Strong Language Link and Zelda, miles apart in sta...
74.7K 2.5K 22
Link grew up his whole life believing that he was the Prince of the Gerudo. His whole life changes, however, when he is put in charge of deciding a y...
27.7K 1.1K 24
When the three goddesses of the Triforce unintentionally grant the Princess of Hyrule the Triforce of Power, and the evil locked away from the world...