It Begins [BOOK 1] ✔️

Por yourladyship_

Young and expecting, orphaned twenty-two year old Evelyn Foxwell found herself all alone as the father of the... Más

Chapter One: Evelyn and Strawberry Cheesecake
Chapter Two: Andrew and Declan
Chapter Three: Misunderstandings and Ruby
Chapter Four: Park and Chocolates
Chapter Five: A Weird Dream and Bouquet of Baby's Breath
Chapter Six: The Kiss and The Hesitation
Chapter Seven: Steve Curtis Says
Chapter Eight: Birthday and Narcissistic Son of A Bitch
Chapter Ten: The Date And Promises
Epilogue
The Sequel

Chapter Nine: Confrontation And New Beginnings

3.9K 179 19
Por yourladyship_

Author's Note:

This is for @PrimeGirl1915 for being incredibly sweet! Love you ♥

Nine: "Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos"

Andy's POV

KILLING THE ENGINE OF my vehicle, I quickly took the pink rose from the passenger's seat and got out of it, a smile on my face. I couldn't believe I lasted weeks without seeing Evelyn and didn't die. I really missed her. And surprisingly, the little man - Declan - too. This time, I would make things right. This time, I will not be selfish and I'll start thinking about Evelyn's feelings more. And this time, I'd make sure my feelings for Evelyn would reach her as genuinely as I could so she'd understand how much I love her.

Running my fingers through my unruly dark hair, I was about to head towards the café's front door when something caught my eyes. Instantly, a small smile crept across my face when I saw Evelyn sitting at the bench with Declan on her lap, but the smile soon disappeared when I noticed the man sitting with them.

Both curiosity and jealousy hit me. Who is he? And why was he sitting there and talking to my Evelyn? Quickly making my way towards the coconut tree a few steps away from them, I tried listening to the conversation, ignoring the fact that I might look like some kind of weirdo hiding behind a tree to other people watching.

"There's nothing to say anymore, Brian. You left and there's nothing you can do to make up all of those pain you caused to me,"

"Evelyn, I really am sorry," The prick sighed. "I have no other excuse than that, Evelyn. As much as I hate saying this, I have reasons why I did why I did. I loved you - I still do - and you know that!"

I could hear Evelyn's shaky breathing as we all waited for her respond. "That's a lie," She started. "You don't love me, Brian. Stop kidding yourself," Evelyn continued. "And what reason? That you weren't ready? That you were scared when you find out I was pregnant with your child?" An intense pause ensued. "I was scared, too, you know? I was far from ready. I had no one beside me and I was young. I have no parents, no other family members and your best possible excuse is that you weren't ready to have a child?"

"I'm so sorry... I... I don't know how to make it up to you..."

"Well I don't NEED you to make things up to me, Brian," Evelyn snapped and I smirked to myself, proud. You go, girl. "Declan and I are fine without you. Sure life's not grand or luxurious, but we are happy. Declan's better off without you, Brian. I'm better off without you," She then stood up. "You can shove your sweet narcissistic self and filthy riches up your as- ouch!"

That startled me and I saw how the prick grabbed Evelyn on the arm harshly, Declan let out cries of distress as the prick started treating her like a ragdoll, muttering profanities.

The next thing I knew I was already there and gave the prick a hard punch on the cheek he fell on the ground. I flashed him the deadliest glower I could muster and hid Evelyn behind me, towering over the prick.

"You," I began. "Asshole. I don't want to have to waste my energy by bashing your thick freaking skull and I'm sure you don't want that to happen either. Evelyn doesn't want you here so I suggest you to leave,"

"W-who the fuck -"

"You're hurting Evelyn and you're not doing that, not anymore, not ever. You're lucky a child, Evelyn's child is here, because I am this close in beating you to death. And I am not afraid too," I hissed. "Fucking. Leave,"

I watched as the prick flashed a glare at me before spinning around on his stupid Armani heels and left. Only when he was far enough from my fists he shouted, "You and that whore and the runt can go and fuck yourselves!!"

Heaving out a shaky, fuming breath, I turned towards Evelyn and gently led her back towards the bench to sit. Evelyn's face was wet with tears and I could feel my heart shatter into pieces upon seeing the sight. Little man, too, was crying softly against her chest. "Evelyn..." I called softly and watched as her teary hazel eyes flashed towards me, ambiguous mix of emotions evident in them.

"A-Andy," She breathed before leaping towards me, burying her face in my shoulder to muffle her sobs. I did my best to comfort her - squeezing her hand, kissing her on top of her head and mumbling comforting words in her ear - and then after a few minutes, Evelyn's cries went fainter and fainter.

I watched as Evelyn pulled away from me and took out a napkin from her pocket to wipe her tears but stopped when it was covered with some kind of chocolate stains. Thanking the God as I suddenly remembered the presence of my own handkerchief in my pocket, I took it out and gently pinched Evelyn's chin, gingerly wiping off the tears. Her soft, pink lips were still quivering but Evelyn managed a small, appreciative smile, making my heart race.

"Hey there, little man," I greeted him who was looking at me with interest, no longer hiding his face in his mama's neck. Honestly speaking, I couldn't tell if Declan remember me, but it'd be fine if he didn't.

"Please, could you hold him for me a moment?" Evelyn asked softly, smiling a small smile I could never find it in me to resist. "Just continue bouncing him on your lap, he won't cry, I promise,"

Nodding my head, I gingerly took Declan from Evelyn's arms and placed him on my lap. At first, little man was squirming and whimpering, reluctant in leaving his mama's arms but when I started bouncing him on my laps and murmuring comforting words, he went to rest his head on my chest. "There, there, little man. Everything's alright now, isn't it? Remember what I said the other day about superheroes?"

Declan remained silent, but his firm grip of my shirt in his tiny fists told me that he was paying attention.

How could someone ever thought about not wanting this little guy in their life? Declan's father was a real asshole, that's for sure. I didn't know anything right now that was sure, but all I knew was he'd caused so much pain towards Evelyn. And speaking of, I watched as the woman I was in love with gently wiped off her face, a small frown on her lips.

"Evelyn?" I found myself calling her name.

Evelyn stilled for a second before turning towards me, her cheeks a lovely shade of rose. And, again, how could someone ever thought about not wanting this wonderful and amazing woman in their life? Must be crazy that bastard. "Yes, Andy?" She questioned, smiling softly.

Letting Declan snuggle into my neck, I took Evelyn's hand and planted a small kiss on her knuckles. "He isn't worth your anything Evelyn. Or even Declan's. You both are the most amazing and strong people I've ever met and I don't think he, or anyone in this world could ever change that," I then watched as Evelyn smiled softly at me, her fingers went to run through my hair it felt heavenly.

"I know, Andy. Thank you for being here," She whispered before leaning towards my face, planting a kiss on my rough and bearded cheek. My breath hitched as she giggled, her breath warm against my ear before pulling away with the most beautiful smile on her face. God, it was only a chaste kiss on my cheek and it was more than enough to make my heart explode. I couldn't imagine what'd happen if she actually kissed me on the lips.

"It feels a lot better now after letting out of the things I've been wanting to say for the longest time. I'm actually thankful he isn't in our lives anymore. I don't want someone like him being close to Declan. He may be his biological father, but never a dad to him. Brian can never ever be," Evelyn sighed, sniffing. "God, he's such an asshole," She whispered, running her fingers through her hair before looking at Declan sitting on my lap. She then smiled softly.

"This is the first time I've seen Declan's behaving when it isn't me holding him," She remarked, chuckling as she poked little man on his chubby cheek.

I then looked down to him and chuckled when Declan tightened his arms around my neck, looking up at me with those big and shiny hazel eyes. "Well, Declan's a big boy right now, isn't he? Aren't you a big man right now, Declan?"

"Hm-hm," Declan nodded vigorously, responding to my question, much to Evelyn and my surprise and said, "I'm now this age!" He shoved three fingers at my face and I laughed, nodding my head.

Evelyn was laughing too, and the sound was so beautiful and melodious my heart was racing against my ribcage. I've missed the sound so terribly. I watched as Evelyn began to speak with Declan, tucking her golden hair to the back of her ear. So gorgeous... There was still a trace of pain and sadness in her eyes, but I was sure the pain wouldn't last for I'd already made a vow; to replace those pain and sadness with happiness and bliss.

As we made our way back towards the café with a happy Declan in my arms, I circled Evelyn's waist and pulled her close towards me and whispered, "You and I are going to have a very important talk later, Evelyn Foxwell," And smirked, biting my lower lip mischievously. "And fair warning, you are going to be thoroughly and vigorously kissed,"

I burst out laughter when Evelyn let out a gasp, her whole face burning red.

| END OF CHAPTER NINE |

:
:
:

Author's Note:
Do vote and comment what you think!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

85.4K 5K 44
All Layla Foster wants is to launch her own branch off of her parent's fitness company. But how is she supposed to focus on making her one shot a suc...
912 35 12
Based off Hotel Transylvania. Short story. Romance. Book 1 - Zinged Fate. Could be read independently if you truly wanted to, but I'd recommend readi...
341K 13.7K 57
"So what now?" "I don't know, Em." ***** CLOSER TO YOU TRILOGY ***** After the second chance of a lifetime, Emma Carter and Beau Lewis decide to call...
2K 61 16
"Oh, shut up," I joked while nudging her playfully with my shoulder. She planted her eyes in mine and articulated slowly, "Make me." My eyes widene...