The Adopted Daughter

Von shiigoddess

Ayla Holmes had a rough life growing up. Her father walking out on her mother when Ayla was a baby leaving he... Mehr

Introduction
Chapter 1 - Lone Girl
Chapter 2 - Striving
Chapter 3 - New Friend
Chapter 4 - Hanging Out
Chapter 5 - Affluent Woman
Chapter 6 - Sleepover
Chapter 7 - Please Don't Hurt Me
Chapter 8 - This Is What I Want
Chapter 9 - Great Friend
Chapter 10 - Where There's A Will There's A Way
Chapter 11 - One In A Gazillion
Chapter 12 - I Have To Be Strong
Chapter 13 - You're My Best Friend
Chapter 14 - Confession
Chapter 15 - Confused
Chapter 16 - Decision
Chapter 17 - Moving In
Chapter 18 - Shopping
Chapter 19 - I Don't Belong Here
Chapter 20 - I Can't Live Without You
Chapter 21 - Recovered
Chapter 22 - I Could Get Use To This
Chapter 23 - A Good Feeling
Chapter 24 - Let's Have Some Fun
Chapter 25 - Dating
Chapter 26 - The Mistake
Chapter 27 - Reunited
Chapter 28 - I Must Be Dreaming
Chapter 30 - Mother-daughter Love
Epilogue

Chapter 29 - Did She Just Say My Name

449 48 18
Von shiigoddess

Song for this chapter: The climb by Miley Cyrus

Kate's P.O.V

I'm really happy with how my life is now. A couple months ago I was lonely and now i'm not. I have an amazing daughter and a foster son. I couldn't ask for anything else. Ayla has being doing alot of drawing lately and i've been thinking that I should enter her into the art contest being held next weekend.

She's amazing at drawing. She thinks she's just okay but everyone told me that she's really great at it. She applied for Yale university and i'm positive that she'll get in. She is truly talented. Her dream is to become a great artist one day. Her role model is Leonardo da Vinci. I am going to do everything I can to make her dream come true.

I'm going to talk to her about the arts contest and see what she thinks. It's Sunday so she's probably in her arts gallery room right now.

When I got there she was listening music and drawing without a care in the world. Just watching her so carefree puts my mind at ease. Then I decided to interrupt her. So I turned off the music.

"Hey honey I need to talk to you", I said looking at her.

"Okay. What's up?" She asked still drawing.

"You're really amazing at drawing so I was thinking that you should enter into the arts contest next weekend", I said casually.

She looked really shocked and happy at the same time.

"Really? You think that I have a good chance of entering?" She asked.

"Yea of course baby. I know you can win too", I said cheerfully.

"You have alot of confidence in me", she said smiling.

"Because I believe in you and I know you can do it. Believe me baby", I said smiling at her.

Then she got up and came to me.

"Okay then enter me in. And thanks for believing in me when I don't", she said looking at me then she hug me so I hug her back.

"Stop thanking me it's my duty. And you're great. I'm so happy you agreed", I said enthusiastically.

"Why y'all so happy?" I look to the door and saw Tyrell there looking at us.

"I'm gonna enter Ayla into an arts contest being held next weekend", I said smiling at him.

"Really? That's awesome!" He said smiling.

"Yup", Ayla said. "Now imma start practicing".

Tyrell and I looked at her like she's crazy.

"What?" She said looking at both of us.

"You've being drawing all morning and this room is filled with drawings. You don't think that's enough drawing?" Tyrell said.

"Nope. I need to draw alot more", she said.

We just laughed and left her to it.

¤

Ayla's P.O.V

I've been practicing all week for the contest and I think i'm ready. Mom, Tyrell, my friends and Adrian said i'm ready but I don't know. Mom entered me in and I got in. It's now Saturday the day of the contest and I am very nervous. Everyone tried to comfort me but i'm still nervous.

I'm at the art show behind the stage waiting for the contest to start. Over a hundred teens have entered but only ten got through. I'm so lucky to be in that ten. Just then mom came.

"Hey how are you feeling?" She asked.

"Nervous. Mom I can't do this", I said panicking.

"Calm down baby girl, breath", she said calmly. So I did that and feel a little better.

"Okay", I said.

"Don't worry. Everything will be fine. If you feel nervous on stage just look at me in the crowd okay. I'll be at the front with your friends, Tyrell and Adrian. We are all here to support you, win or lose. Stay focus and be confident. And remember, always believe in yourself even if the situation seems hard", she said comforting me.

"Okay mom i'll try", I said feeling alot better.

"That's my girl. The contest is about to start. Remember what I said. I love you baby", she said hugging me So I hug her back.

"Okay. I love you too mom", I said. Then she blew me a kiss then left.

Just then the announcer started talking. Then she introduce the contestants on stage. When I got there I saw my family giving me thumbs up and blowing me kisses I just smiled. That makes me feel better, having there support.

Then the competition started. The first round was easy so I got through with ease but two persons were illuminated. The second round was a bit harder but I got through nonetheless. The third round was challenging and it was hard for me to think straight but I look at mom and her smile gave me confidence to go through that round.

There were now two rounds left and only five contestants. I can't believe i'm in top five. The fouth round was pretty hard but I got through to the final three. I'm in the final three. Omg! So happy. Even if I don't win i'm still happy because I made it this far.

The last round was very hard. Mainly because you have to draw you role model blindfolded. Are they crazy! Who draws blindfolded?! But thank God I look at Leonardo da Vinci pictures everyday so I know exactly how he looks but how will I draw him blindfolded?

Then I remembered my mother's words of encouragement.
"....always believe in yourself even if the situation seems hard"

Those words gave me hope and confidence that I need. Now I know I can do anything. Just then I was blindfolded and the timer went off. I took up a drawing pencil and started drawing with mom's words echoing in my head.

I use one hand to draw and the other to trace what I did so I got the right outline and markings. I was finished just as the timer stopped. Then someone remove my blindfold and I look at my picture. My mouth had literally fell over upon seeing what I drew.

I can't believe it. It's the exact replica of Leonardo. Omg. Then my drawing got taken to be observed. I looked at mom and she was giving me thumbs up grinning. Then we were led off stage to await the results.

All the while backstage I was nervous again. What if they don't like my drawing? What if I don't win? Will my mom be disappointed? Oh God i'm going crazy. Then we got called back on stage.

"I'm proud to announce that all three artist's drawings were amazing. But only one can be the winner. I'll start by announcing third place", the lady said. "And third place goes to....Richard Dawkins! Good job dear!"

They give the boy his trophy and prices then led him offstage. His family was happy for him. It's now between Bethany and I. I'm in top two, how cool!

"I will now announce the winner of the 2016 arts competition. And the winner is.....", she started.

I was beyond nervous at this point and I could see that Bethany is too.

"Ayla Holmes!" She announced.

What? Did she just say my name? I look at my family and they were screaming. OMG I won! At this point my hand was over my mouth. I can't believe I won! Then Bethany hugged me and I hug her back. This is so unreal. I really won.

They gave me my trophy and prices and tears were running down my cheek. I am so happy right now. My first art contest and I won. I called my family onstage.

"OMG baby you won! Congratulations! I knew you could do it! I'm so proud of you!" My mom cried hugging.

"Thank you mom. I won this for you. You encouragement gave me confidence. I love you", I said handing her the trophy.

She took it with tears in her eyes " aww I love you too baby".

"Wow lil sis! You were awesome! Congrats!" My bro hugged me so I hug him back.

"Thanks bro!" I said smiling.

Then I heard screams and I knew it was the girls. Then I was engulf in hugs and screams and congratulations and kisses.

"Thanks alot girls!" I manage to say.

Then my boyfriend hugged me.

"I'm so proud of you baby. I knew you could do it. Congrats!" He said smiling so I kissed him.

"Thanks", I said pulling away from the kiss. Then he blush.

We took pictures together and I took pictures with Bethany and Richard. Then the announcer told us that the competition is going on tv. So cool!

"Time to celebrate!" Mom screamed earning 'yayys' from everyone.

We went out and celebrate all evening. Mom treating everyone and bought me gifts. I had alot of fun. My family was happy. I was happy. This is how life should be.

¤

Question: Do y'all think that Ayla entering her first arts contest and won is cliche?

xoxo

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

138K 2.9K 30
*Under Editing* All my life I thought I knew who my family was . . . boy was I wrong. I've grown up with the family I thought was mine, the Jones. Bu...
171K 6.4K 62
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...
8K 512 61
They say "Blood is thicker than water." but "FAMILY" isn't just about blood, it's about who you love and have faith in and above all who loves you. F...
8 0 69
Everything was as I wanted it; happy family, great friends, love and kindness in my life...everything was perfect. Until it wasn't. That one fateful...