Fate || 缘分 [EXO Lay Fanfic]

By ahwaeee

Fate brought us together. I was too stupid that I've missed you for a year. I was too stupid that I never rea... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Characters point of view
Zhang Yixing
Mini Theater
Jocelyn's words

Chapter 8

422 21 1
By ahwaeee

Right at three in the afternoon, Yixing came with a car that I've never seen him drove before. Well, I don't see him often but every time when I met him, his cars are different.

He was waiting outside the car, when I came downstairs. Well, it was Jiayi who informed me about that. At least it wasn't Jiajun. If it's Jiajun, I bet that he'll tell my parents a lot of nonsense, such as, I am dating.

"Good afternoon." I greeted him as I approached him.

"Good afternoon. Come in." He smiled and said, as he opened the door behind. I was wondering why he wasn't sitting in front, then I realized, he got a driver with him.

"You've eaten?" Yixing asked after we entered the car.

"Yeah, my brother cooked for lunch earlier." I said. Jiajun enjoys cooking, and he's good in that. I must say, whoever is marry to him in the future will be very happy.

"Alright. I was thinking, if you haven't eat we should go and eat first." He explained.

"You haven't?" I asked.

"I've came here after lunch." He said.

"Ahhh, okay."

"We just going to stop by at the boutique first, for the dress, and there's a hair studio beside there...to get your hair done."

"Alright. Actually...won't you think that it's weird for bringing me? I'm a student from the school and I'm just...17."

He chuckled. "Age doesn't really matter. Plus, you doesn't look 17 at all. Remember? The first time when I saw you I thought that you're in college."

"Oh well, that's because you don't even know me back then." I turned and looked out to the scenery.

"We're here." Yixing's driver suddenly pulled off and announced. We're in front of a bunch of shops. An area that I've never been to.

Yixing led me down the car, while his driver just followed behind. I was kind of surprise that when we entered the boutique, there's people lining up at the sides and greet us. Oh well, not us. Maybe it's just Yixing.

Yixing passed me to them after telling them something about choosing which kind of outfits, I think.

Well, I've never attended to that kind of event which require formal dresses. One of the worker picked out a dark blue long dress which is sleeveless and asked me to try it on.

I personally think that the dress looks nice, but it probably won't look good on me.

I almost couldn't believe that the girl in the mirror is me, when I look into the mirror after changing into it.

I look like...someone I don't even know. It's way too different with the me who like to wear long skirts, pants and short pants. It showed off the curvature of my body that I've always been hiding with loose shirts.

"You look good in that." I suddenly heard Yixing said from behind. He was standing there, having his hands in the pocket of his coat.

"Really? I feel like...this is so unlike me." I told him honestly. He smiled and approached to me, standing by my side.

"You have to be confident in yourself." He pulled my long hair slightly and said, "I think that it just need to be curled a bit at the end. I'll tell the hairstylist about that. Anyways, do you want to look out for other dress? This one, well...seems a bit too...too many exposure of skin at your age."

"No, it's okay. I've looked through some earlier and this is better than the others, if you're going to talk about exposure of skin. I'm actually fine with that, but I just need a scarf with me in case I feel cold." I chuckled and said.

"Alright."

--

It took a shorter time than what I've expected to get everything done. Well, when I got my hair done, it's only six thirty in the evening, which is still two hours away from the starting of prom night. But Yixing said that as one of the main guests, he doesn't really need to arrive earlier so we might just leave for the venue by seven twenty or something, as the school is quite far from here.

I don't really have anything to do. I wanted to sleep for a while but there's no place for me to sleep, I guess. There's only a couch in the hair salon and both Yixing and I are using the ends.

"You should rest for a while." Yixing suddenly spoke. I always thought that he read minds that he knew exactly what I am thinking about.

"I'm not really tired." I lied.

He put down the magazine that he was reading and looked towards me.

"I always forgot to ask you. How's your exams?"

"Exams? Ah, it's quite good." I replied.

"Great then. I hope that you'll score high." He said then continued read his magazine.

I still fell asleep at the end. I guess that I was too tired for the passing few weeks that it had been our exams. Till then I never got to relax nicely, except for going out with Jiajun yesterday to run some errands.

When I woke up, I received a message from the group that included me, Jingyi, Crystal, Weiliang, Jingxiu and Zhengyao.

Crystal: I heard that Mr. Zhang Yixing will be attending to the prom night of our school today! Gosh, Jiahui please ask your sister to take lots of pics of him!

Jingyi: I've asked you if you wanted to go to the prom night but you said that you wasn't interest in it.

Crystal: Well, I don't know he's going.

I smiled then type in my reply to them.

I'll tell my sister about that.

Crystal: You're the best, Jiahui!

Don't thank me too fast. I can't guarantee if she's going to help or not.

Jingxiu : Girls will always be girls. I just wonder who is his partner for the prom. Well, it might be some miss from those wealthy families.

Jingxiu's words got me caught off guard. Yeah, true, everyone will think that he might look for some famous person as his partner but then he ended up took a high school student. How weird is that.

"You should be prepare by now, Ms. Li. Mr. Zhang is waiting." A worker suddenly approached me and told me.

"Ahh, okay." I nodded and followed her to the fitting room of the boutique. Oh, anyway, the boutique and the hair salon is connected.

I changed into the dress earlier. My phone suddenly rang and it shows that the caller is Jingyi.

"Hello?"

"Jiahui, where are you now?"

"Me? I'm outside."

"Jiahui-ah, are you...going to the prom night with Mr. Zhang?"

"Uhh well, you see..." When I am hesitating whether I should tell Jingyi the truth, she cut me off.

"You're going, right?"

"Uhh yeah."

"I knew it. I didn't believe it at first when I saw the list that my assistants sent me. So, I assume that you are dating with him now?"

"No no no. Why are you guys thinking like that? Me and Yixing are just friends. Our friendship is just like the friendship between me and Zhengyao, Jingxiu, Hongbin and Weiliang. It's just friendship, nothing else." I pulled open the door of fitting room and found Yixing standing there, in a dark blue coloured coat.

I stared at him for a while then realized that our outfits are matching. He pointed to outside and motioned me to go. I nodded when I heard Jingyi spoke on the other line.

"Jiahui, are you there?"

"Yeah, I just...spaced out." I said. I heard Yixing chuckled in front.

"Jiahui, I don't really think that the feelings that he had towards you is friendship."

I stayed silent, not knowing what to say. It's been months since I knew Yixing, and believe me, Jingyi is not only the one who tell me this. I thought about that too but it's just seems impossible and also, I only treat him as a friend.

"Look, Jiahui. I just hope that you wouldn't ended up being like the day when you started giving up on Luhan. We shouldn't had suggested you to be with him. I didn't even expected that he will be such a player. I thought that he actually likes you, and you might change him."

Yixing opened the door of the backseat and motioned me to go in. I mouthed thank you to him and went into the car.

"It's not your fault, Jingyi. I guess...for that time, even if you guys tell me not to accept him...I will still do so. I wasn't regret, Jingyi. At least...I know that I wouldn't be with him again."

"I felt sorry, really."

"Don't be. I felt more sorry for dumping you all back then just to be with him. Jingyi-ah, at least with that, I learnt that not to trust people easily, isn't it? Never judge a book from its cover."

"Yeah. Anyway, I don't see anything good in Wang Yiying that attracts him. You're better than her."

"It's his choice." I shrugged and said. "I don't really know if my sister will continue her heartbreak about Luhan having Wang Yiying as girlfriend, or continue live in her fantasy, daydreaming about him everyday. To be truth, judging from everything that my sister told me, I really think that the one Luhan likes is her."

"Whatever, that is his problem now, not yours. Alright, I have to keep up to date to the prom later with my committees. Have fun there."

"Sure." I told her. We both bid goodbye and ended the call.

"Friend?" Yixing asked, once I put down my phone.

"Yeah." I nodded. He then gave me a box and said, "Change into this."

"What's this?" I asked, opening the box. It's a pair of high heels, which is something that I don't like to wear.

"You wouldn't want to wear your sandals into that event, isn't it?" He looked at me, and chuckled. I was reminded that I am wearing my sandals. Feeling embarrass, I quickly put on the high heels.

"Are you use to it?" He asked. I just shook my head and said, "I don't like wearing it and it feels like I'm going to fall."

"Never mind. Even if you're falling, you have me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.1K 564 13
bella is a regular 17 year old girl. until her parents die and she has to move in with her parents best friends the hendersons. she forgot one small...
866K 19.7K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.3M 54.6K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
359K 13K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...