The Adopted Daughter

By shiigoddess

Ayla Holmes had a rough life growing up. Her father walking out on her mother when Ayla was a baby leaving he... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - Lone Girl
Chapter 2 - Striving
Chapter 3 - New Friend
Chapter 4 - Hanging Out
Chapter 5 - Affluent Woman
Chapter 6 - Sleepover
Chapter 7 - Please Don't Hurt Me
Chapter 8 - This Is What I Want
Chapter 9 - Great Friend
Chapter 10 - Where There's A Will There's A Way
Chapter 11 - One In A Gazillion
Chapter 12 - I Have To Be Strong
Chapter 13 - You're My Best Friend
Chapter 14 - Confession
Chapter 15 - Confused
Chapter 16 - Decision
Chapter 17 - Moving In
Chapter 18 - Shopping
Chapter 19 - I Don't Belong Here
Chapter 20 - I Can't Live Without You
Chapter 22 - I Could Get Use To This
Chapter 23 - A Good Feeling
Chapter 24 - Let's Have Some Fun
Chapter 25 - Dating
Chapter 26 - The Mistake
Chapter 27 - Reunited
Chapter 28 - I Must Be Dreaming
Chapter 29 - Did She Just Say My Name
Chapter 30 - Mother-daughter Love
Epilogue

Chapter 21 - Recovered

641 48 13
By shiigoddess

Song for this chapter: Conquerer by Estelle

Ayla's P.O.V

I was in a dark place and I could hear voices. I could also hear beeping sounds and a thumping sound as well. Then I realized my eyes was closed. So I tried to open them and after a few attempts they opened. The view in front of me was blurry so I blinked my eyes a few times then the view became clearer.

There was a woman with brown hair talking to a man in a white long coat. He looked like a doctor then I realized i'm in a hospital. Hospital? What am I doing here? Stupid question. Something happened to me.

Just then the woman turn to look at me and there was a big smile on her face and she started crying while I just looked at her.

"Ayla? OMG she's awake!" She squealed.

She seem very excited to see me but her face seems familiar. Then I remembered this lady. Ms Hayles.

"Ms Hayles?" I asked softly.

"Yes honey it's me. I'm so glad you're awake", She said excitedly.

"How are you feeling Ayla?" The doctor asked.

"Awful and thirsty", I replied. Then he gave me some water to drink. And I felt much better after.

"Where are you feeling the pains?" He asked.

"Uh...my head, face, stomach and hands" I answered.

"Doctor when will the meds start working? She's in so much pain", Ms Hayles asked anxiously.

"Very soon Ms Hayles. Now that she's awaken it'll work faster", He answered.

"What happened to me?" I asked looking at them both.

"You don't remember sweetie?" Ms Hayles asked.

"Uh...".

I started having flashbacks of a function, three girls and me running away. Then I remember being beaten by a man yelling 'money'.

"What's wrong?" Ms Hayles asked worriedly.

"Are you feeling any new pain?" The doctor asked.

"No. I remember what happened now", I said calmly.

"What happened then? How did you get all these bruises?" Ms Hayles asked.

I told them everything. From what happened at the function to me getting beaten up. After that the doctor left.

"Ayla, I am so sorry about what happened. It's all my fault. I shouldn't have let you go off alone. I am a bad mother. Please forgive me" she said crying. She looked like she's been crying alot lately.

"There's nothing to forgive Ms Hayles. It's not your fault so stop blaming yourself. And you are not a bad mother. It's like my real mother use to say 'everything happens for a reason'. So stop crying, i'll be okay", I assured her and she smiled.

"Okay. But imma make it up to you though, I promise. I missed you so much. I thought I lost you", she said.

"I'm sorry for running away", I said quietly.

"It's okay. I love you Ayla", she said smiling at me.

I was literally shocked and happy at the same time. My mother was right, she does love me. I never thought i'd hear these three words so passionately from anyone.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes really. You're everything to me", she said holding my right hand and I smiled.

"Ayla, I noticed that you have a scar on your left side and it didn't come from that guy beating you. It seemed to happen a while now. How did that happen?" The doctor asked curiously.

"Oh, I uh... I was almost raped by these three guys a few weeks ago. While I was trying to get free one kicked me in the side", I said quietly.

"What? Ayla why didn't you tell me about this? Didn't you get it checked out or informed the police?" Ms Hayles asked frantically.

"It happened before I met you so I didn't think it was necessary. And I couldn't go to the hospital or to the police because I didn't want anyone finding out my real age", I said.

"But Ayla, you could've had a broken rib", Ms Hayles said sadly.

"Actually she does", the doctor said. Ms Hayles and I looked at him.

"I do?" I asked.

"Yes. When I was examining you I noticed that you have a bruise on your side that didn't result from your pervious accident so we did a x-ray on you I noticed that you've had a fractured rib and it broke after your previous accident", the doctor said.

"I did still feel pain in my side but I didn't pay attention to it", I said.

"Ayla you need to start telling me everything. Stop hiding your pain from me", Ms Hayles said.

"I know Ms Hayles and I'm sorry. I wasn't hiding it, I just didn't think it was necessary", I said.

"Never mind that now, I'm just glad doctor Marshall realize this and is taking good care of you. Thank you doctor", Ms Hayles said to the doctor.

"Of course. It's my job to make sure my patients is well taken care of", the doctor said smiling.

"Am I gonna be scared for life doc?" I asked the doctor.

"No you won't. Once your fully healed, all your scars will disappear", the doctor said.

"Okay great, thanks doc", I said.

"No problem dear, it's my job", he said.

All I could do was smile slightly because my face hurts. Ms Hayles left to call everyone and tell then that i'm conscious. After that she returned.

Half an hour later the door burst open and Becca rushed in squealing my name.

"Ayla! Babe! OMG! I'm so happy! Don't scare me like that again", she screamed holding my left hand.

"I'm sorry Becca", I said and she smiled.

"It's okay. I'm just happy you're awake", she said.

Then Ms Wilson, Emma and her son came to see me. They were all happy that I was awake.

I was in hospital for another three days until I got discarged and man wasn't I happy. I hate hospitals.

When we reached home Marcus carried me to my room and put me into my bed and Ms Hayles tuck me in. I was too weak to walk. All I could eat is porridge, soups and juices. I had broken ribs so it would be hard to swallow hard food.

I was treated like a baby for the next three weeks. I wasn't suppose to leave my bed unaccompanied by someone. During those three weeks I met Ms Hayles parents, friends and some other relatives. Becca visited me almost everyday and Ms Hayles hardly left my side. Sometimes she even fall asleep beside me.

She bought all kinds of gadgets so I wouldn't be bored lying in bed all day and all night. She even got me my own bodyguard/driver. It has been three crazy weeks but it was awesome. Ms Hayles proved herself to be an amazing mother.

I realized that I was starting to love her. She has done so much for me in three weeks that my real mother failed to do in years. She showed me so much love it's amazing.

Three weeks later...

The three weeks is over and I feel completely healed. No more pain nor headaches. I feel happy and healthy. So I got out of bed and ran to Ms Hayles room. She was on her laptop typing away so I jumped on her bed.

"I feel very healthy and pain-free. Thanks to you, God and my doctor", I said hugging her.

"I'm glad you are healed and very happy. That makes me happy", she said pulling from the hug and smiling.

"So, is it ok if I hang out with Becca today? Out of the house. Please", I begged.

"But you just recovered", She said. So I pouted and gave her the puppy face.

"Okay fine. But Marcus and Max will be going with you", She ordered.

"Won't you need Marcus?" I asked curiously.

"No i'm not going anywhere today. You go and have fun. And be careful", she said.

"Okay thanks. I love you", I said walking out.

"You love me?" She asked surprisingly.

"Yes I do. I have for a while now but didn't know how to say it", I said quietly.

"Oh wow, you don't know how happy you just made me", she said teary eyed.

"Believe it Ms Hayles. You're a wonderful woman", I said smiling at her then left her room.

I ran back to my room and texted Becca to tell her that we'll be going out together. She was surprised that Ms Hayles let me but she was happy that we'll be hanging out.

Then I got ready and left home to meet her. For the rest of the day I hung out with Becca and had lots of fun.

Question: What do you think is the reason why Ayla didn't know how to tell Kate that she love her?

xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 10.2K 30
They say you don't know what you're missing if you've never had it to begin with. The Johnson sisters would beg to disagree on that one. They've spe...
4.2K 124 37
Last year, Emma Richardson had it all. The perfect family, friends, popularity, looks, and even the perfect boyfriend...or so she thought. In just on...
365K 9.5K 33
When Rebeccas mom passed away from cancer, she finds herself 4 months later moving to a new town with her dad. As she deals with starting a new schoo...
333 48 23
When Lisa Winters gets into a car accident, because of her fucked-up mother; her whole world flips upside down. When Lisa and Chase finally admit the...